Teeny Tiny Expansion

Teeny Tiny Expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

We don’t know how many maps they will include in the expansion…

We already know its 1 new map

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

AmateurNet

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Exroyal.9053

Exroyal.9053

Since everyone seems to be so pre-occupied with maps and compare it to Nightfall and Factions, i hope you all know how map designing and creating works. Sure we had lot’s big maps, but you seem to forget that aside from mobs, there were really nothing there. No vistas, no poi’s, no gathering nodes, no jumping puzzles, nothing. I’m willing to bet that creating Ascalon/Kryta/Shiverpeaks took more time and resources then it took to make the whole of Canthas maps.

Also, i’m pretty sure we’re getting a whole new zone. You know what a zone is? Ascalon is a zone, Kryta is a zone. How many maps do these zones cover? Ascalon covers 6 full-size maps and include a capital city. Even if it has just 2 maps, each map will have 3 layers so that makes it 6 zones. Look at the map, do you really see just 1 map there?

I’m guessing that we get 2 big maps, each with 3 layers making it the same as 6 maps. 6 maps for an expansion is just right.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Nihilus.3015

It’s a little premature to claim it’s a small expansion without seeing the content.

Colin has already stated in the Pax announcement we are getting one region comprised of three layers. Playable content wise, the release will be small. But as another poster said we are paying for a fix.

Region =/= Map

Regions are things like Kryta, Shiverpeaks, Ascalon

Kryta has 4 maps, 6 if you include the entirety of LA and Divinity’s Reach

Shiverpeaks has 5 maps, 6 if you include hoelbrek

Ascalon has 6 maps, 7 if you include Black Citadel

So it is safe to assume this new region will have 4-6 maps….along with 3 different levels for each. I would lean a bit more heavily toward 4 because of the verticality.

Then we’ll also probably get a new city hub with the Mursaat, the Golden City

It’s not a new region, we already have 70% of the maguuma region

AmateurNet

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Nihilus.3015

Since everyone seems to be so pre-occupied with maps and compare it to Nightfall and Factions, i hope you all know how map designing and creating works. Sure we had lot’s big maps, but you seem to forget that aside from mobs, there were really nothing there. No vistas, no poi’s, no gathering nodes, no jumping puzzles, nothing. I’m willing to bet that creating Ascalon/Kryta/Shiverpeaks took more time and resources then it took to make the whole of Canthas maps.

Also, i’m pretty sure we’re getting a whole new zone. You know what a zone is? Ascalon is a zone, Kryta is a zone. How many maps do these zones cover? Ascalon covers 6 full-size maps and include a capital city. Even if it has just 2 maps, each map will have 3 layers so that makes it 6 zones. Look at the map, do you really see just 1 map there?

I’m guessing that we get 2 big maps, each with 3 layers making it the same as 6 maps. 6 maps for an expansion is just right.

Its 1 area he said it on stage, biggest playspace we’ve made. I don’t give a kitten its still only 1 map.

AmateurNet

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I tentatively agree that this expansion is light on content, but very few details have been revealed and there may be other updates on older systems that were not deemed “significantly new features” for the announcement. In particular I’m concerned about the following:

• If this expansion will ship with a complete story leading to resolution of the Mordremonth conflict.
  • If there is going to be a large volume of explorable content on par with expansions in other MMOs.
  • If dynamic events will continue this trend of being predictable, on timers, and having little to no effect on the world should players succeed or fail at them. I do not like the Silverwastes events that proceed to the next step, regardless of player success . No alternate outcomes exist.1
  • That there is only one specialization per profession. It looks like this is an incomplete system that is going to be pushed into the expansion to add another bullet point to the features list, rather than a fleshed out system offering players meaningful choices about how to play their character.
  • The seeming unwillingness to introduce new playable races because it would require crafting extra race-specific story content to introduce the race to the world is concerning for an MMO whose largest competitor does this routinely. While I agree from a gameplay perspective a new race doesn’t add much, but from a story perspective it could be a significant add. At the moment the story isn’t going places I feel a new playable race would add valued perspective on the story, but should we eventually go after Primordious or Jormag it would be unfortunate if playable Tengu and Kodan were not added features.

1 – This does not mean I do not like the event challenges or mechanics, just that the outcome of these events doesn’t matter to the world.

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Source? They said we will explore and expansive MAP, not an expansive zone. Also, the 3 biomes, one on top of the other doesn’t look like they will be on the same zone. At least 3 zones, but probably way more.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

“Explore new open world jungle maps”

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en

Maps. Plural.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

We have a clue. They presented it. A spvp map is called “huge feature”. It tells all about the scale of this DLC.

just to clarify. not the actual map is a big feature but the possibility to rank your guild with this map. if that fits the description of “huge feature” better has everybody to decide for himself.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

We have a clue. They presented it. A spvp map is called “huge feature”. It tells all about the scale of this DLC.

just to clarify. not the actual map is a big feature but the possibility to rank your guild with this map. if that fits the description of “huge feature” better has everybody to decide for himself.

They also never said it was just one map. They said it was one new mode. It’s entirely possible we will have multiple maps for Stronghold.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

They also never said it was just one map. They said it was one new mode. It’s entirely possible we will have multiple maps for Stronghold.

well that’s possible. I didn’t listen too closely at the spvp part(apparently still more attentive than others…) because I’m more interested in the other stuff.

I just wish A-net would clarify how they meant what they said. This state of information we are at now will only lead to people hating at each other. And to think it’ll be like that at least until PAX is annoying. I swear there’ll be hate wars until arenanet finally clarifies that kitten.

There’ll be whining after that, too, but then at least it’s not because of a lack of information. And probably much less of it than before, too.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

this expansion is much bigger than you realize.
new story, they have a lot set up that is to be explained in the expansion, glints egg, caithe and rytlocks journey, the pact aftermath, and of course the mordremoth fight.
1 new profession
9 new specializations, could make the game feel like it has 18 classes if done well!
new skills
new challenging group content (thinking raidlike content seeing as how did hire a Raid UI designer)
precurser scavenger hunt system
mastery system which affects pretty much everything in the game.
maguuma jungle region
new borderland map with brand new mechanics
new game mode
guild halls
guild pvp ladder system

also keep in mind that while twenty people created everything found in each living world episode the rest of the two hundred and fifty so employees were hammering out this expansion.
To think that somehow this is going to be small is delusional at best.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I’ll wait for more news on the size of the new PvE-maps and the amount of content regarding the personal story before I judge if it’s too small for an expansion.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

I feel it can be called an expansion if the new content is roughly 20% of the original package.

I feel that this expansion does near 20% in content (in comparison, of course).
We’ll have to see. If this expansion only offers a map as small as Orr or something (in terms of explorable area’s) then I don’t expect it to sell well…

Expansions should IMPRESS players, not leave them disappointed and craving for more.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

First and foremost, I have to get this off my chest: no new race is really not a big deal. It’s one of the most hallow things they can possible add.

Maybe to you. I would have rather had a new race than all of S2 of the LS. To me, it makes all the existing content fun again. The lack of the new race is a major fail.

But to be sure, the expansion does feel kind of small. Only having maguuma map additions is worrying, but the addition of only a single new weapon for the classes is pretty anemic.

I wonder if ti took this long because they made a backlog so that they could have an expansion once a year.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Well assuming they release it somewhere around Q3 2015 – it’ll be almost 3 years since GW2’s official release, and from what I heard, they have been working on this since inception. So is the primary information they released too little? Yes. Can the expansion be huge? Yes. SHOULD it be huge given the time taken? Most certainly. If it’s not, then it’s an utter disappointment given how long it took then – plus the future will look quite bleak.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

All I see from the OP is ‘could of, should of’ and a bunch of other things he doesn’t know about but it already making assumptions.

Just wait until it comes out. see how big the areas are, what is offered, how much new content there actually is THEN come back and start complaining.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Complaining is coming regardless. They’ll be players that rush through the content in less than a week, no matter the amount, and then come here to say, “That’s all?”

Promise.

But, given the wording and circumstances, it does appear to be something of a rushed job. Don’t know if that’s the case, but we’ll see in a few months.

Gone to Reddit.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Face Palm! do you even play gw2? Do you know the defence between a region, zone, map and a area. As i think you have no kittening clue what your talking about.

70% of Maguuma region are you high learn what your talking about before spreading rumours.

Here is a MAP that i very quickly made up to inform you on the differences.

Well I totally agree with the point you are trying to make, you made some mistake.

There is two Maguuma region (probably three).

The Maguuma Jungle have several existing map like Rate Sum, The Groove, Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom and Labyrinthine Cliffs. They could had some more of them in Tarnished Coast and Sea of Sorrow. But to be fair, we pretty much have 70% of Magguma Jungle already explored.

The Magguma Waste also have some existing map. There are the 2 last maps of Dry Top and Silverwaste.

And finally Maguuma falls. It may be an new region or just part of the maguuma jungle or maguuma waste, we don’t know yet.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

The Groove

I did laugh out loud!

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

If you read my OP “What is being given(based on what colin calls major features)”

It means that my opinions on the subject right now are time sensitive. I will wait and see kitten many of you say. The details that will be given over the next months, or even year could persuade me to think other wise.

It is completely true right now that we won’t be seeing Living Story for a very long time. The evidence is that the latest living story is free to obtain until February 28th.

This could mean many things but I am leaning more towards Living Story will be no more and the business model for GW2 will turn into something akin to The Secret World.

I really am going to miss the free Living World. Almost two years worth of free content.

I’m not some hobo either so don’t make that assumption. I have spent money in the gem shop and I thought that would have been enough to fuel the production of more content.

Obviously some crazy people wanted an “expansion” instead. No more gem purchases from me. This expansion could have been just one big fat kitten in the middle of LA and ppl would drool.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Jryst.8491

Jryst.8491

What a normal expansion gives:
-Maybe 1 class
- a complete continent of new zones, That have maybe 5-6 zones in them
- Maybe 1 race
- 5+ new dungeons
- 1-2 New PvP maps
- Occasionally a new game mode
- several raids over the course of 1-2 years until the next expansion
- The same skins re-colored for different raid tiers
- More talents raised to level cap, maybe a few new skills.

Fixed for ya.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

There is two Maguuma region (probably three).

The Maguuma Jungle have several existing map like Rate Sum, The Groove, Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom and Labyrinthine Cliffs. They could had some more of them in Tarnished Coast and Sea of Sorrow. But to be fair, we pretty much have 70% of Magguma Jungle already explored.

The Magguma Waste also have some existing map. There are the 2 last maps of Dry Top and Silverwaste.

And finally Maguuma falls. It may be an new region or just part of the maguuma jungle or maguuma waste, we don’t know yet.

Sparkfly Fen and Mount Maelstrom are not part of the Maguuma Jungle. No matter what the wiki says.

Metrica Province, Rata Sum, The Grove and Caledon Forest belong to the Tarnished Coast, a subregion of the Maguuma Jungle.

We do not have 70% of the Maguuma Jungle already explored. No idea where you got that number from.

They only use the tag “Maguuma” for the purpose of achievements and to make it roughly equivalent in number of zones to Kryta, Ascalon and the Shiverpeak Mountains. I guess it’s more convenient to handle from a game-mechanics point of view. But in fact the zones under “Maguuma” we’ve got so far actually belong to the Tarnished Coast and the Steamspur Mountains respectively.

It’s not Maguuma Falls. It’s Magus Falls.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

if u dont like dont buy it =)

How would I know if I like it if I haven’t tried it? To try this expansion I am forced to buy it. #mindblown

Did you buy this game knowing if you liked it? Generally people don’t.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I’d say it’s not safe to say that we know the specifics of what’s coming. A significant amount of new utilities/elites/weapon skills would be enough to allow this to be called an expansion. We have no idea how many we’re getting(of each). Also, an overhaul to the trait system is pretty much a necessity, these static upgrades and useless traits need to go.

Lets hope for a plethora of new ways to play(skills/traits/weapons). Until we know the extent of these, it’s hard to say.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: pLaguE.4063

pLaguE.4063

It’s like people jump to conclusions or something.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

It’s like people jump to conclusions or something.

To be honest, I can understand the potential frustration and why people do this. GW2 getting Guild halls more than 2 years after release? Nothing significantly changed with traits to make them better/more interactive. Meta’s staying the same for more than 6 months at a time. Can you honestly blame people’s pessimism?

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

if u dont like dont buy it =)

How would I know if I like it if I haven’t tried it? To try this expansion I am forced to buy it. #mindblown

Did you buy this game knowing if you liked it? Generally people don’t.

Actually I did. Anet was very good at giving information on the game before it’s release. I liked the idea of dynamic events and open world no loot stealing.

I did not mind the lack of guild halls at release because I thought they would be added in some update. I did not mind the lack of structured pvp modes because I thought that those would be added in as well.

Most of these features in this “expansion” as I said before somewhere were actually supposed to be a part of the core game. Who says you ask? I says, and so do others.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This thread is pointless as we have no idea how “big” the content is at this point.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

This is why I hope their accountants arn’t too greedy when they decide the pricing as being pve orientated and not understanding the fascination with player or Guild housing its really all about the fresh maps and stories for me ( lots of new effort required armour rather than gem outfits would be nice too but im not hopeful)

- silverwastes/dry top/southsun are a third the size of a normal zone – I hope that isn’t a pattern developing in new maps – ideally I would like to see at least 2 normal size maps with 3 biomes so 6 maps which is the same as a region now – but 6 maps with 3 biomes would be best and make it more worthy of a full price xpac – ( I paid about £27 for the first wow xpac)

But yes – its light if their presentation is correct that the main components of HoT are:
Guild Housing – 2 maps with 3 biomes ( which appears a self contained LS 3) – new WvW map – new PvP map – some QoL stuff on in game systems that by rights should be a feature patch…

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I see a lot of mentioning about this other MMO game that is triple the size of GW2. Their expansions are 2 years apart. In their last update the only NEW things they received were – 7 new zones and their version of player housing(mind you – no raids at the start). Yet it is considered one of their best expansions. It costed around 400$ if you played the whole time.
Here we are getting one new map, guild halls, new pvp mode , new profession and mastery system. Yet it is not enough.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

He says map. Not maps.

He doesn’t say zone, area, region, biome or anything else. He says Map.

Take that as you will of course.

“Map” can singularly refer to the entire world map of Tyria. What you’re calling a “map” is actually called a “zone” in the game. A “region” consists of many of these “maps”.

Either way, it’s a word used in an interview. Perhaps he chose the wrong word in the moment, and could be referring to the entire Maguuma jungle as “map”. The Maguuma jungle is quite a large portion of the world map, and it would be ridiculous to assume that it’s just “one” map.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Trouble.3859

Trouble.3859

He says map. Not maps.

He doesn’t say zone, area, region, biome or anything else. He says Map.

Take that as you will of course.

“Map” can singularly refer to the entire world map of Tyria. What you’re calling a “map” is actually called a “zone” in the game. A “region” consists of many of these “maps”.

Either way, it’s a word used in an interview. Perhaps he chose the wrong word in the moment, and could be referring to the entire Maguuma jungle as “map”. The Maguuma jungle is quite a large portion of the world map, and it would be ridiculous to assume that it’s just “one” map.

This… I have no doubts that there will be more than one map. The Heart of Maguuma refers to the Maguuma region NOT a single map. They have also stated that new zones will have a verticality which was in no other previous zone in GW, this means that you’ll not only travel the world horizontally but also verticaly by climbing and gliding thus making the maps even bigger!

The features they announced were new features that don’t exist in the game now. I’m confident that we’ll have new zones, new dungeons and much more content than what was announced at PAX

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

First off, I agree with most of the comments here that OP is jumping the gun here. Heart of Maguuma will almost certainly be a new region with multiple zones and the rest of the features (subject to what challenging group content actually means) sound comparable to what you’d expect from expansions in other games.

I have one bugbear from this thread though. Sure, Factions and Nightfall were technically stand-alone campaigns rather than expansions, but so what? If you already owned GW and chose to link the new campaign to your account, which is what most people did, it would then function exactly the same as an expansion.

The fact that those expansions (yes I used that word intentionally) had the additional feature that they could be played without linking to the original game doesn’t mean we can’t cite them for comparison or should somehow expect less of HoT because of it.

The reason I think you shouldn’t cite them for comparison is that ANet does not call them expansions. They are calling HoT an expansion and really the only thing they also called an expansion is EotN.

If they gave us the same amount of content in EotN then I would be happy.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

First of all considering that a races in this game have their own zone, city and story we are not gonna have a new race in this game. Arenanet is not Blizzard who is the only company that has the resources to add a new class and a new race and a new area for it and new skills and new stories and another area besides that in one expansion. It sucks but when you are small you do small things.

They don’t need to come up with a “whole” new story. All they need is three sub stories. Your initial racial story. Your expanded racial story. Joining a faction for your race. The main problem with a new race is how to fit in meeting Destiny’s Edge. The rest is not that big. Hell, they are probably introducing more story in Living World than they would have to for a new race.

They could have done it, and they would have come out with a lot more praise than specializations that are just class progression until some indeterminate time in the future when there are actually more than one.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Nihilus.3015

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Maps. Plural.

Yeah, they will want to make it seem like there’s more, but its 1 map as Colin has said a few times.

AmateurNet

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Maps. Plural.

Yeah, they will want to make it seem like there’s more, but its 1 map as Colin has said a few times.

Quote for me where anyone specifically says one map.

It’s three maps with a lot of verticality making it potentially worth a little more.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

I agree with the OP 100%, when I saw the list of content they released under the name of an “expansion” I immediately thought to myself…that’s it? I would HOPE at the very least that there are a wealth of more details and additions to come in the future weeks, but going by what I have seen in the past, I doubt it highly. I would also imagine that given that there is alot of speculation so far from the lack of information anet has given on this xpack, that we wont see a release until the end of 2015 maybe later. Whether or not that puts living story on hold or not, I have no idea. Needless to say there are alot of things that have been discussed on this forum that would need to be included in this xpack not to mention new content to really make this worth paying money for. Otherwise your essentially paying for a living story update.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I’m loving everything i’ve seen so far & i’m excited and all but I do agree that there should have been more.

At least 1 new dungeon with story mode & 3 explorable paths would have been really nice.
And yes build templates would have been really nice.

I also kinda hoped there would be at least 2 class specializations for every class (to have more build diversity or class customization.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Maps. Plural.

Now I know you’re trolling.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

people really need to stop making stupid assumptions and going crazy over it, we don’t know how many specializations each class will get, so assuming that it’s only 1 is kinda stupid.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

maddoctor.2738

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Maps. Plural.

Maybe he just doesn’t understand the difference between a map and a zone, it’s a difficult concept to grasp for some people.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Can someone quote or give a timestamp for when it’s explicitly stated that there is only one new map?

When I watched the stream all I heard clearly was that at least one of the maps would have three tiers which would be like the “biomes” of a real rain-forest.

Also we don’t know how much this expansion will cost. If it’s only like $30 that’s like 3 months of being a dedicated gem-buyer. After 2.5 years of content for as little as $50-$60 if you got it on release, is it really so bad to pay $30-$40 more to keep the game alive?

And we haven’t been required to pay a monthly fee so they don’t have Blizzard megalithic wallets to put in a massive amount of slack-effort low-polygon content and new armor that looks like you’re wearing a bedsheet.

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

1 map… many zones

Its 1 zone

Maps. Plural.

Maybe he just doesn’t understand the difference between a map and a zone, it’s a difficult concept to grasp for some people.

Yea it was clearly stated that there are 3 biomes, that each new map would have these 3 layers, but they never gave a number of maps, not 1, not 2, not 6, just nothing yet. It would make sense to add at least several, a new area like the rest of the map. To those who think ‘Maguuma region is already there’, let me blow your mind, it can be called the deep jungle, deep maguuma, whatever, a new region, not hard to grasp.

Also wait for some info, we have only a basic overview that has at least 6 weeks to for that overview to be fleshed out and months after that for additional details, we only know the surface so far. What we do know however is by no means small, idk how people can be so close minded, so negative with them giving us what they have revealed so far.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

False.

Gendarren Fields is a zone. Kryta is a region.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

It’s pretty clear that they were as vague and as brief as possible during the reveal because they want to keep hype steady while they release small bits of information up until the launch of the expansion to retain interest.

Sounds good on paper I guess… but it seems to be having the opposite effect because of the community being fed up with waiting and being really pessimistic… at least here on the forums. Among my own group of friends we’re having a blast speculating on features they didn’t go into detail on… but it seems that here there is so much pessimism that people actually believe that what was announced is all we’ll get.

I am a little bit frustrated honestly; and I’m chomping at the bit for any kind of details or minor features that haven’t been mentioned yet, partly just so people could shut up about their pessimism, but also because I am just a tad doubtful as well.

What happened to being transparent with the community? This has probably been the shadiest and most opaque expansion announcement I’ve ever seen in my life of playing MMORPGs.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

An area is a subdivision of an explorable zone.

A zone, also referred to as an explorable zone, is a type of location. Zones encompass a number of smaller areas; multiple zones form a region.

A region is a named collection of different types of locations, including cities, explorable zones, and instanced areas

so basicly this (yes there are more but these are available at this point or probably will become available in the upcoming xpac):
Ascalon
Kryta
Maguuma Jungle
Maguuma Wastes
Ruins of Orr
Shiverpeak Mountains
Tarnished Coast

Map is the whole world. Also if you press ‘M’ ingame (by default) it opens up the whole world, so yeah ‘M’ to open up the Map sounds pretty legit to me… (if you keybinded the map to A of area, Z of Zone, or R of region you are just stupid ).

Just to prevent alot of confusion in upcoming posts please use the right names so everyone knows what you are talking about…

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Can someone quote or give a timestamp for when it’s explicitly stated that there is only one new map?

Nowhere, some people are just either trolling, or plain confused.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: embarbarada.2096

embarbarada.2096

What worries me is not the fact that we are here speculating how many maps we will get……….
It is the fact that Anet is reading this and they are not saying anything about this…………………….
Why the silence? Maybe we are right?

Teeny Tiny Expansion

maddoctor.2738

What worries me is not the fact that we are here speculating how many maps we will get……….
It is the fact that Anet is reading this and they are not saying anything about this…………………….

Maybe because as they SAID MULTIPLE times during the PAX announcement they will create BLOG POSTS about everything regarding HoT and they are doing just that… writing the blog posts instead of posting here.

Teeny Tiny Expansion

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

1 word 9 characters… Marketing