Tempest is very much improved

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yakk.9576

yakk.9576

The new changes to the Tempest are in keeping with the overall philosophy of the Elementalist; squishy and high DPS. It also allows the ele to play as a healer and other group support (e.g. might). I really liked the changes and make the profession much more survivable.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Since when is Ele squishy? Try earth and water my friend.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

imho problem with temperst is overload, because it hold you doing nothing, when u activate it you do less dmg, less support, less everything, and it also increase the CD, imho it should work like shout, maybe less powerfull, but more istant, elementalist gameplay is always something like a pianist, faster, dinamics, now is like a dead, click and wait for ages

i hope they will change it before hot release something like:
when u are on attument after 5 seconds you can overload it w/o change the cd of this attument with this effect:
fire: firewave, it explote a wave of fire around you granting 5 stack of might 1 stack of burning on enemies on radious for 3 sec and doing some dmg
air: same as now w/o follow you, with istant effect
water: heal you and ally in a radius of 300 for X life
heart: hard as a rock, grant 7 sec of stability and 5 of protection

if something should be too strong, nerf it, the point is i dont wanna increase coldown and i dont wanna be unable to use skils when i overload the attunement

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Since Launch, my friend. Slowest HP Pool, losing only for thief maybe.

So you need always keep rotation trough dps/self heal, what makes you sacrifice some combat time, and makes you need always fast fingers.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

So you need always keep rotation trough dps/self heal, what makes you sacrifice some combat time, and makes you need always fast fingers.

Ele requiring fast fingers is the most false information. I got scared away a bit at the start because people say this class requires high apm etc. Then after I tried this class(in everything PvP PvE WvW), I realized it really doesn’t require any faster fingers compared to other classes at all. Although you do need to get familiar with more skills at your disposal and practise skill rotation a bit.

So yeah, basically this is a class I thought at first is not for me because the false info of high apm requirement. But now it end up being my second most played profession.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Ele requiring fast fingers is the most false information. I got scared away a bit at the start because people say this class requires high apm etc. Then after I tried this class(in everything PvP PvE WvW), I realized it really doesn’t require any faster fingers compared to other classes at all. Although you do need to get familiar with more skills at your disposal and practise skill rotation a bit.

So yeah, basically this is a class I thought at first is not for me because the false info of high apm requirement. But now it end up being my second most played profession.

You got used , that’s all

If you are doing good rotations, start to look at your own fingers while playing x)

Most rotations are composed to 8~12 skill chains in order to achiev the sucesfull wanted goal. The main example of actual Staff rotation:

Basic ~8Seconds dps rotation:
F4(EarthAt) => 2-2(Eruption)[Start timer of 3s => F3(AirAt) => 9(GliphOfStorm) =>F1(FireAt) =>2-2(Lava Font) End Timer of 3s] = > 0 (Elite fire elemental) => 5-5 (Channel Meteor shower) => F2(WaterAt) => 2-2 (Ice Spike) => 4 (Frozen Ground) => 8(DropIceBow) => 5(Deep Freeze) => 4-4(IceStorm).

Now try The Might stack rotation, and the lightning hammer rotation heh

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)