Thank You ANet that You made Heart of Thorns!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

That was the best 5 months I have had in Guild Wars 2.
When I was traveling on the new maps I was fascinated.
First step to Verdant Brink… It was stunning, it was gorgeous. When I listened new beautiful music… oh until today I back to hear it.

Not only maps and music are wonderful, but also Story.
I can see, You worked hard and You made very interesting Story.
Fantastic fight with Mordremoth. Fantastic event with great mechanics.
New ways to explore, new Legendaries.

And new update… I think that Shatterer is very hard now.
Fantastic mechanics, new creatures are splendidly.
Gliding in Tyria? Wow… It was the best what You can do for Players.
Good Job, Thanks for make Guild Wars 2 better.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

well, I probably will get shot by those torch-bearing angry villagers, but there really is alot of new content in Heart of Thorns. Alot of work was put into the design of the 4 maps and the final battle at Dragon’s Stand is awesome. I feel this expansion has made the game way more intense than Tyria but it has also left some of their players out. Personally, I like a more relaxed play-style sometimes. I can play for many hours and still call myself a casual.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Yay a positive post! +1

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

My only qualm is just how difficult the average NPC can be to fight. On my Thief, (mostly zerkers), I end up dying to just about everything including the tiny demons aka: pocket raptors.

Other than that and how the maps can seem purposefully confusing at times, I’m enjoying the beautiful landscapes.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m still having fun. Finally got 161 mastery points today. Pretty long haul but I wasn’t particularly focused on it either. Crafted Kudzu after making the precursor. Finished one of my elite specialization weapons. Pretty close to getting my vigil backpack. Running more Fractals than I used to.

So yes, I’m still having fun.

But I’m also glad Anet is going to do something to make the game more approachable for people who don’t have as much time.

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I’m still having fun. Finally got 161 mastery points today. Pretty long haul but I wasn’t particularly focused on it either. Crafted Kudzu after making the precursor. Finished one of my elite specialization weapons. Pretty close to getting my vigil backpack. Running more Fractals than I used to.

But I’m also glad Anet is going to do something to make the game more approachable for people who don’t have as much time.

How long does it take to finish the backpacks? Would I be better off buying an ascended quiver if I don’t have one?

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

What is this Heart of Throns thats so great?

Posted by: Protivnik.8907

Protivnik.8907

Not sure if trolling

Vayne.8563

How long does it take to finish the backpacks? Would I be better off buying an ascended quiver if I don’t have one?

I don’t know. I enjoyed the process of making the back piece, I didn’t actively focus on it.

Today I got the last piece I needed. I ran the TD meta, got the 100 or so leyline crystals I needed and that was the last piece. It’s a lot easier than the specialization weapons for sure.

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

well, I probably will get shot by those torch-bearing angry villagers, but there really is alot of new content in Heart of Thorns.

I really didn’t want to be an angry torch-bearing villager, but here it goes.

Whilst I have greatly enjoyed the expansion, and found most, if not all, of it was quality content, I disagree that it was a lot, and I don’t think there was enough to warrant the $70 price tag, if you consider all that has been released so far.

BUT. I trust that anet will be adding more content like more gen 2 legendaries, more raids, and (maybe) more living story, that will be restricted to the expansion and so have to be seen as belonging to the expansion. I believe that when all of that stuff is finished and released, there will have been enough content to justify the price (at least to me). And I’m happy to wait for it, rather than having it released before it’s ready.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

well, I probably will get shot by those torch-bearing angry villagers, but there really is alot of new content in Heart of Thorns.

I really didn’t want to be an angry torch-bearing villager, but here it goes.

Whilst I have greatly enjoyed the expansion, and found most, if not all, of it was quality content, I disagree that it was a lot, and I don’t think there was enough to warrant the $70 price tag, if you consider all that has been released so far.

BUT. I trust that anet will be adding more content like more gen 2 legendaries, more raids, and (maybe) more living story, that will be restricted to the expansion and so have to be seen as belonging to the expansion. I believe that when all of that stuff is finished and released, there will have been enough content to justify the price (at least to me). And I’m happy to wait for it, rather than having it released before it’s ready.

Yup, same opinion here. The content that they added was really great in my opinion, there just wasn’t enough of it. However, Anet keep saying they will focus now on adding more content. We’ll see.

But yeah, HoT was pretty good. Thanks Anet, I LOVE the new maps. Next time make some more ^^

(edited by Andulias.9516)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t know. I enjoyed the process of making the back piece, I didn’t actively focus on it.

Today I got the last piece I needed. I ran the TD meta, got the 100 or so leyline crystals I needed and that was the last piece. It’s a lot easier than the specialization weapons for sure.

Just to be clear, the ascended order backpacks each require 1,000 of one of the map currencies.

Vayne.8563

Just to be clear, the ascended order backpacks each require 1,000 of one of the map currencies.

I made the vigil backpiece which is exotic. To be clear, that’s all I was talking about. Not sure where you got ascended from. That said, it’s not that hard to get 1000 of any of the map currencies if you actually play on the maps.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

“Finish the backpacks” was stated in plural, and the inquired about alternative was ascended, so I’m assuming the question was about the ascended versions.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Not sure if trolling

Pretty sure they’re serious xD.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I like HoT well enough, but still don’t think it’s worth what I paid for it. Hopefully living story stuff will fix that.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

That was the best 5 months I have had in Guild Wars 2.
When I was traveling on the new maps I was fascinated.
First step to Verdant Brink… It was stunning, it was gorgeous. When I listened new beautiful music… oh until today I back to hear it.

Not only maps and music are wonderful, but also Story.
I can see, You worked hard and You made very interesting Story.
Fantastic fight with Mordremoth. Fantastic event with great mechanics.
New ways to explore, new Legendaries.

And new update… I think that Shatterer is very hard now.
Fantastic mechanics, new creatures are splendidly.
Gliding in Tyria? Wow… It was the best what You can do for Players.
Good Job, Thanks for make Guild Wars 2 better.

Thanks, Arden. I’m glad that you’re having a blast. I think with the XP, and with the changes to central Tyria (like gliding and the refreshed Shatterer encounter) we have a lot of fun in our future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’ve grown to like this expansion as well, that said it’s still riddled with bugs and it’s been out for 4 months; for example my DS map kicked us out with over ten minutes to spare when we were on the cusp of killing the Mouth.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I took a large break form GW2 just before HoT was released and I’ve just come back to the game. I’ve started on the HoT content and am really really enjoying it. There are of course things that aren’t perfect, but there’s a lot to appreciate. I’m loving the map design, the sense of exploration, the meta chains, the activities, and the enemy AI (they really do feel like they’re trying to kill you, rather than just standing there statically attacking).