This has me worried about the Druid

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Baltov.9608

Baltov.9608

I love my Ranger and I was worried that the Druid could be a permanent class change could someone from Anet say something about this I would love to check out the Druid but like I said I REALLY love my Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would assume that you could switch between different specializations.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Baltov.9608

I forgot to say but my Ranger is a Sylvari so he is going to have it hard already

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

It’s not permanent. They stated you can switch between the specializations if you wanted to.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Baltov.9608

Awesome I was just extremely worried about that lol now I just need to find out how much money I am going to need so I guess I will just play it safe and save $59 just in case

Posted by: Smitty.9432

Smitty.9432

It’s not permanent. They stated you can switch between the specializations if you wanted to.

Where did they state this?
Not because I don’t believe you, but because I’d like to show the post to guildies.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I’m just hoping that Druid isn’t the only Specialization that Ranger gets… REALLY hoping there’s one with a new class mechanic that isn’t a pet… In which case I’ll be switching to that one and never switching back

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yea, I would like an Archer specialization. That could get rid of the pet and only use bows.

Like lots of bows like in GW1 that had different ranges, trajectories and did different things. Recurve Bow. Flat Bow. Etc.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

You guys are thinking inside a pretty small box right now when it comes to this whole specialization thing.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was during the Q&A after the livestream. Folks report Colin stated that you can switch back to no-specialization when out of combat.

@thefantasticg: It’s being said that there’s only one specialization per profession (for now). So no Archer-or-the-like just yet.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I would assume that you could switch between different specializations.

I really hope so, specially because there should be more than one, i mean if its specialized that means there’s more than one choice, otherwise it would just be “new skills and weapons for your class”.
And it would be awesome to be able to try them all out without having to buy a hundred character slots.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Truth is we do not know much of anything at this point. So no one could really assure you it will not be a permanent change.

Personally I believe specializations are far more simple and less extensive than people seem to believe, or hope.
I expect it to simply be a choice between which weapon and trait/skill you want access to, on top of all the baseline Ranger stuff.

But again, nothing is certain because very little information has actually been shared.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Theres no logical reason for it to be permanent when trait choices arent permanent. Plus it was confirmed at the Q&A after party.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Right… But from the transcript I read Colin specifically said, “…almost like a secondary profession.” which indicates it’s not a simple change. And true there is only one Specialization that we know about at the moment but I didn’t read in the transcript that there will be ONLY one Specialization either.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Secondary professions werent permanent in GW1.

These things were confirmed with the devs at PAX at the after party. I doubt people made them up.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

Where did they state this?
Not because I don’t believe you, but because I’d like to show the post to guildies.

It was during their live Q & A session.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I love my Ranger and I was worried that the Druid could be a permanent class change could someone from Anet say something about this I would love to check out the Druid but like I said I REALLY love my Ranger

From the latest MMORPG interview Colin just did:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/9340/page/1

MMORPG: That’s a one-time thing, correct? I’m a ranger, I do my stuff and bam, I’m a druid, I can use druid powers?

CJ: Correct, and then you can swap back and forth, you can say “My character’s a druid, but I’m going to play as a ranger today.” It’s very similar to changing out your skills and traits, you can go in and change whenever you want, as long as you’re out of combat.

I’m glad they clarified this. I love my Sylvari Ranger, but if it was permanent, I would never change her. I’ll be all over this now though!

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$