This is how you get bladed armor chest!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’m changing this thread for those who want to get this top- Krag has just posted info down the page that when you get the bladed top, most of the map does as well (not entirely confirmed).
T4, nighttime might be the best bet. Goodluck all!
Thank you everyone for helping keep this going to get our answer.

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I agree on this- I think it needs to be easier to get especially after a 2-3 hours grind fest with extremely disappointing results.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

This is the stupidest thing I’ve seen, I been trying to get that chest piece since HoT dropped and to know I’m limited to stupid RNG, this only trashes my hopes even more. Why wouldn’t they’ve added it to the Itzel lore vendor? The rest is there, it doesn’t make sense. ADD UNIQUE rewards to these bosses. I am sorely disappointed I won’t be getting this chest piece in the near future. OR better suggestion is to make it part of a hard to get achievement, that I can deal with this is..just terrible. I have no confirmations of people getting it from the events either.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

What if it doesnt drop from the meta event? I havent seen or heard from anyone (with proof) that has it. If you look at the itzel masteries there is one called Itzel Leadership. It says that you gain the ability to challenge their enemies champion to “claim a valuable prize”. Maybe thats how you get the chest?

Chasind.3128

What if it doesnt drop from the meta event? I havent seen or heard from anyone (with proof) that has it. If you look at the itzel masteries there is one called Itzel Leadership. It says that you gain the ability to challenge their enemies champion to “claim a valuable prize”. Maybe thats how you get the chest?

For the people who have the itzel mastery, they believed the same thing, some of these people where charged with killing X boss because they had the mastery & got nothing but blues & greens & a crowbar.

Chasind.3128

This is the stupidest thing I’ve seen, I been trying to get that chest piece since HoT dropped and to know I’m limited to stupid RNG, this only trashes my hopes even more. Why wouldn’t they’ve added it to the Itzel lore vendor? The rest is there, it doesn’t make sense. ADD UNIQUE rewards to these bosses. I am sorely disappointed I won’t be getting this chest piece in the near future. OR better suggestion is to make it part of a hard to get achievement, that I can deal with this is..just terrible. I have no confirmations of people getting it from the events either.

You can get the Aether Chest from a certain boss, from beating him/her you immediately get the reward- Bladed top should be this way but it’s not. If you have bad RNG, you will never get it. For players who can’t get on for more than an hour or so, will NEVER get this top. I have people in my guild that have terrible RNG & they’ve been playing since launch & they have YET to get the carapace top from the Silverwastes. So that just tells you, I suggest moving on from trying to grind for this item, I’d imagine millions of hours & you ‘might’ get the bladed top.

Zalavaaris.5329

For the people who have the itzel mastery, they believed the same thing, some of these people where charged with killing X boss because they had the mastery & got nothing but blues & greens & a crowbar.

Well it made sense in my mind lol

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

why Anet ignore us on this topic?
i need the coat add into the vendor list please..

Chasind.3128

why Anet ignore us on this topic?
i need the coat add into the vendor list please..

Even if they don’t add it to the vendor, it’s like the SW event – where you can only buy 5 pieces of the carapace armor & the vinewrath drops the last piece, the chest. BUT noone has proof, or ANY information as how to get this piece truly. The bladed armor chest if it drops at all, drops way too little. When I help lead events, it’s in hope of getting the Bladed top- nothing else. Many people feel the same, my entire map was pulling for a bladed top chest, we were hoping someone would get it so we could confirm & be encouraged to keep helping & farming events, but noone did get it. So, until something is changed & it’s made to drop more frequent or made so that ANY boss specifically drops the bladed chest box, I’d think many people are just about done trying to get T4. Aside from those that need HP & masteries.

SnowHawk.3615

Just make the coat a more common drop, it’s too rare and frankly NOT worth the 2-4 hour map grind and the best part is you get a random drop of bladed armor not just the chest- so you might just get a bladed piece but it most certainly will not be the one you want.
Anet c’mon – this isn’t a good way to keep people in the map by leaving them to dangle with crappy rewards given. I actually like doing the events but this is ridiculous and getting old fast.

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

I’ve never intentionally tried to enter any meta event. I’ve especially never tried to get a specific type of loot from any kind of event. In just casually playing over the weekend I ended up with two pieces of Bladed Armor. I also had a ton of fun the whole time since I wasn’t disappointed at not getting anything specific. Quite the opposite, I apparently got two pieces of kitten armor! Every bag was something new, not something I didn’t get.

Zalavaaris.5329

I’ve never intentionally tried to enter any meta event. I’ve especially never tried to get a specific type of loot from any kind of event. In just casually playing over the weekend I ended up with two pieces of Bladed Armor. I also had a ton of fun the whole time since I wasn’t disappointed at not getting anything specific. Quite the opposite, I apparently got two pieces of kitten armor! Every bag was something new, not something I didn’t get.

The chest piece…. did you get the chest piece?

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Can confirm it drops from Tier 4 Verdant Brink, just got one from a successful night time map.

Chasind.3128

You can get pieces of the armor from story as far as I know, I just have the headpiece & gloves from pvp – But For the casual members of my guild that want the armor, it’s like they avoid most of the meta events in HoT because it’s either bugged or it takes 2ish hours & by that time they’ve had enough xD I assume when they’ve had enough of something, it’s not as fun as it was or they’re fed up until it’s fixed- HoT is still fun for me! There is still alot I have yet to explore – I’m not a casual player though & I enjoy the items I get when I already don’t have it. I’m glad you’re having fun :’D

For the people who aren’t casual players like myself, & farm events for certain items- it can be understandable when after hours upon hours you don’t get X item. Like farming for a precursor drop. That could take months & that’s fine. But this is an armor piece that practically doesn’t seem exist, and to most (not all) non-casual players that try to get it after hours upon hours & it doesn’t drop- you start to kinda wonder.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Can confirm it drops from Tier 4 Verdant Brink, just got one from a successful night time map.

Gonna need a picture of that.

Chasind.3128

Was it just a reward chest inside the meta chest? How many others acquired it in your instance? Was your map full?

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Was it just a reward chest inside the meta chest? How many others acquired it in your instance? Was your map full?

It was a Bladed Coat Box inside the side chest, I believe everyone with max participation got one and the map was capped.

Attachments:

(edited by Krag.6210)

Chasind.3128

I wonder if there is a higher chance @ nighttime but I did a Successful T4 nighttime event in the same instance as the daytime which was also successful & noone got anything, So it still drops extremely low. Thank you for the picture by the way & congrats!

SnowHawk.3615

It was a Bladed Coat Box inside the side chest, I believe everyone with max participation got one and the map was capped.

WOW you’re one in 100 most definitely!
congratulations
cute char too

Chasind.3128

You aren’t for sure if everyone got one? It could of just been you. If everyone had gotten the Bladed Top in your map, Then I’ll put this all to rest & help confirm the drop location & such.

Zalavaaris.5329

You aren’t for sure if everyone got one? It could of just been you. If everyone had gotten the Bladed Top in your map, Then I’ll put this all to rest & help confirm the drop location & such.

Look at the chat log in that picture, plenty of people got it

Chasind.3128

Look at the chat log in that picture, plenty of people got it

I totally wasnt paying attention, thank you! I also updated this for those trying to get it

Posted by: Vashtii.1753

Vashtii.1753

Getting a map to do 5/5 and actually hit t4 is lucky as hell. Also getting a map to do all events during the day is lucky as hell. Little ridiculous. Also this mustve been ninja fixed, because I did a 5/5 the other day at t4 and NO ONE on the map got this.

SnowHawk.3615

def gonna try to rally other players to actually try events now

Ronnie Hu.1694

how many chance can get in a map to do t4 nightfall?
12 hours / 4 days in the verdant brink. None of them can do it

Chasind.3128

how many chance can get in a map to do t4 nightfall?
12 hours / 4 days in the verdant brink. None of them can do it

I’ve done 2 diff instances already 4 T4 daytime maps, 2 T4 nighttime maps, noone has gotten a blade chest drop with me yet but intime I assume. Just needs organization.

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Ronnie Hu.1694

why dont just add an achievement for coat just like dragon stand ?

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

Vashtii.1753

and 99% of the time the friggen events bug out. This is grinding at its worse.

Zalavaaris.5329

And when your map fails at reaching t4 at the last second youve wasted almost 2 hours of your time…. I hate having a small amount of free time just to waste it on having a bad map.

Chasind.3128

I agree, with all the bugs- there needs to be an easier way to get the coat. Anet, when the events bug- 2 hours of grinding makes it all pointless, ontop of the fact it may or may not drop even if we get a T4 map. Make the coat a drop from a boss achievement please.

Zalavaaris.5329

I don’t even mind RNG but make it like you need 50 (insert token name here) and each meta event awards between 1 and 3 tokens. However, if you get 200% participation there’s still that small chance of getting it. At least every time Im disappointed that I didn’t get it I can be happy about working towards it. Or add it to the vendor and make it cost 5000 parts. Give us a guaranteed way to get it eventually.

Chasind.3128

I don’t even mind RNG but make it like you need 50 (insert token name here) and each meta event awards between 1 and 3 tokens. However, if you get 200% participation there’s still that small chance of getting it. At least every time Im disappointed that I didn’t get it I can be happy about working towards it. Or add it to the vendor and make it cost 5000 parts. Give us a guaranteed way to get it eventually.

You couldn’t of said it better! A guaranteed way of getting it would give me security when the events bug.

Vashtii.1753

all 5 champs, and EVERY event except for 1 champ that was at 5%… really? sigh.

Chasind.3128

all 5 champs, and EVERY event except for 1 champ that was at 5%… really? sigh.

I feel you there, Plus people still have a zerg mind, they think they call all rusht o 1 event & win- this will take forever to get down & for multiple T4 maps to be done because of bugs & lack of people cooperating.

There needs to be a 100% sure way to obtain the top, something where if you fail T4, you can get the Coat another way.

Zalavaaris.5329

Yep, just did a map and we did all the events, t4, and everyone with 200% got the coat like… just now.

Posted by: Swagatron.8065

Swagatron.8065