Two Months Old Customer Felt Betrayed Already

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: A Hamster.2580

A Hamster.2580

Yesterday I bought a dress in Crossroads for $35 today I walked past and they had the same dresses on the discount rack for $20. Its all about timing and though you may not think timing is fair its the way of the world. Did I go into Crossroads and demand a $15 refund because in 24 hours they changed the price of the dress ? No I didn’t because as already stated its all about timing. This world is going to deal you a lot of crap if you are always looking backward and complaining about a price you paid being reduced or extra bonuses thrown in.

Nice anecdote but once again, I am not complaining about the pricing. It is about how Anet’s old faq seems to imply that you would not be seeing the base game bundled for free along with the expansion. Go compare the two faqs in my first post and tell me what potential new customers are suppose to think?

And what is your last sentence suppose to mean? That the world will deal me more crap if I look back? It has already been dealt. What? You’re suppose to ignore it and take it?

If someone do me wrong, I will call them out on it.

A Hamster.2580

You know that ‘simple sentence’ is part of their contract agreement, right? You bet people ranted. Ghost editing after someone signs and agrees to buy something tends to kitten people off.

People use words like ghost editing so glibly.

Things in games change. FAQs are changed when they change. That’s how the world works.

Clearly the original plan was to make it two sales. There were probably people in the management for and against the plan and they discussed it. They made a decision. As time went on, one side gathers more backers and they decide to make the change.

When the change is made, the FAQ has to be changed.

You can call that a Ghost Change, but in reality it’s just changing the FAQ to fit the facts.

Anet needs to refund people for the entire period of time since that first fact went up, but editing a fact to make it accurate?

Call it what you want, but it’s done all the time and the only time anyone has a problem with is is when it changes to something they don’t want to hear.

This is a good point. The only problem is that there should be consistency. In my company, we ran a competition for the employees, the prize being money. Near the end of the competition, the 2nd place team wanted the rules to be re-evaluated so they would have a better chance if the scoring system changed. They provided very good reasoning but management stuck with the initial interpretation of the rules in order to be consistent and to not kitten off the other 7 teams of people.

Yes in some cases, the faq does need to be edited to keep up-to-date.

Don’t you think that the section in the faq that would influence a potential new customer’s decision of whether or not to buy the base game should be somewhat consistent?

(edited by A Hamster.2580)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yesterday I bought a dress in Crossroads for $35 today I walked past and they had the same dresses on the discount rack for $20. Its all about timing and though you may not think timing is fair its the way of the world. Did I go into Crossroads and demand a $15 refund because in 24 hours they changed the price of the dress ? No I didn’t because as already stated its all about timing. This world is going to deal you a lot of crap if you are always looking backward and complaining about a price you paid being reduced or extra bonuses thrown in.

In the UK you could get the difference back, as they store has a duty to tell you if I item will be reduced with in the next week, then its on you to get it then or wait to het it later and possibly miss out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

It’s going to feel more crummy with the next expansion when the base and HoT are rolled up into another $50+ box cost after paying for the base game twice before.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The problem here really lies with the fact that i’d say everyone already bought the game during the last $10 round who intended on purchasing HoT. I highly doubt this game will see many completely new players, which makes combining the 2 together moot.

How would they price it though? Considering they offered the base game now for $10 on 2 separate occasions that I know of, would be people be that happy if they offered HoT for $39-$49 US$ separately then left the rest of the packages the same?

Makes sense to me their best solution is to do just that then just package the rest in gems for those who already bought it.

Posted by: RaptorJesus.1078

RaptorJesus.1078

Jazzabelle, it isn’t about the timing. It’s about the shady advertising that led new players to purchase a base game that they otherwise would not have purchased because they thought it was necessary to play HoT.

It would be like you seeing a new outfit that you really wanted consisting of a decent skirt and a really nice blouse, but they had run out of blouses. The store tells you that you are still going to need the skirt for the outfit, so check back soon. You go ahead and buy the skirt for a discount, and then a month later you return to the store. You can no longer return the skirt, and you also cannot buy the blouse separately, so they tell you if you want the outfit, you have to pay for the entire thing again.

ANet says they are giving the core game away for free with the expansion, but since the only way to buy the core game from them anymore is with the expansion, that doesn’t pass the smell test either. They haven’t flat out lied that I can see, but as noted farther up in the thread a lie doesn’t have to be blatant to be misleading, and neither are acceptable for good business.

Their customer service is also handled by robots, and it’s ticking me off.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

TL;DR: 2 months old customer already lost trust in the company.

Welcome to Tyria.

These are dangerous times.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Nice anecdote but once again, I am not complaining about the pricing. It is about how Anet’s old faq seems to imply that you would not be seeing the base game bundled for free along with the expansion. Go compare the two faqs in my first post and tell me what potential new customers are suppose to think?

That it’s not going to cost up to $100 for them to play what has, for me, a kitten fun game? Entry barriers and all that. It also didnt imply anything of that sort. What’s being offered now is essentially no different than the bundle packs they have for the gw1 campaigns. The FAQ has also not substantially changed. The answer still is “yes, you need to own the core game.” It’s also been what? 6 months since they announced the expac? It’s unfortunate, but it’s simply another affirmation that kitten goes wrong, stuff changes, new information is found, etc, and all of that affects the plans laid out by Anet (I’m looking at you pre-crafting crybabies). In that time, something influenced anet’s decision to price/bundle it the way they did. Likely the fact that other games, when releasing their expansions, still require you to buy the base game and all other expacs if you didnt already buy them, the cost adding up very quickly.

While you arent disputing the cost, it does seem like some people want to demean the expac value in any way they can to get Anet to drop the cost.

A Hamster.2580

That it’s not going to cost up to $100 for them to play what has, for me, a kitten fun game?

Is that what you really think when looking at the difference between the old faq and new faq? Interesting.

A Hamster.2580

The FAQ has also not substantially changed. The answer still is “yes, you need to own the core game.”

Yes it did. I obviously would not have bought the base game back then if I had seen the new faq instead of the old. Many potential new customers might feel the same way.

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

A simple character slot for adding it to a pre-existing account would have solved all this.

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

Mods please merge this.

You really want to be a mod don’t you.

OT, yeah the Ninja edit of the FAQ is bad. I’m sure a lot of people saw the sale as a good time to get the game ready for the Xpac, hell I even convinced a friend to get the game as it was so cheap. An I told him there is an xpac coming out. It says you need the base game to play it. So he got it there an then. He was planning on waiting till the Xpac came out to see if there was a deal.on the base game and Xpac.

LOL, I like how you rant over a simple sentence. There’s a mega thread go post there.

Sure like you post in every thread that has nothing to do with that thread you ask a mod to merge it. The mega thread is about price + vets not getting the core game for free as they are paying the same price. This is about the Ninja edit of the FAQ that miss lead people in to getting the core game sooner who thought they where getting the better deal. If you read a thread or two, you might see the difference.

You know that ‘simple sentence’ is part of their contract agreement, right? You bet people ranted. Ghost editing after someone signs and agrees to buy something tends to kitten people off.

Things in games change. FAQs are changed when they change. That’s how the world works.

Clearly the original plan was to make it two sales. There were probably people in the management for and against the plan and they discussed it. They made a decision. As time went on, one side gathers more backers and they decide to make the change.

You can call that a Ghost Change, but in reality it’s just changing the FAQ to fit the facts.

Anet needs to refund people for the entire period of time since that first fact went up, but editing a fact to make it accurate?

Call it what you want, but it’s done all the time and the only time anyone has a problem with is is when it changes to something they don’t want to hear.

So you think.telling.people.right up till the day after pre drops that they need to buy GW2 to play HoT is fine? Have 2 sales with in a few month of each other to get people.in to the game, who may or may not have waited for HoT to come out before spending there money on GW2. You think this is fine and ANet as a company have done nothing wrong? I know you normally defend ANet, but surely this must even seem a bit off to you.

I never said it was fine. Anet is offering refunds to people who bought it recently though. One guy on reddit got a refund on the core game (or upgrade to HoT for the difference in price) and didn’t lose his progress in the process. Customer service helped him out.

Now if Anet weren’t willing to help people out, you’d definitely have a point. But have you noticed since March, they haven’t offered the $10 sale. That’s probably because they were deciding that to do.

You keep right on drinking the Kool-Aid! No refunds without permanent acct closure.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds

“Note: The refund process includes permanent closure of the Guild Wars 2 account. If you wish to continue to play Guild Wars 2, or if you desire to play in the future, you will need to purchase a new serial code and create a completely new account. Characters, names, items, and other features from the refunded account cannot be transferred to a new or different account. Not all serial code purchases will be eligible for a refund. No refunds will be given for any account that has been terminated for a breach of the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement.”

(edited by Belexes.4923)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

When ANet says you will need to buy the core game, put it on sale for $10 and five months later say, oh no you don’t need to have the core game cause it’s baked right in, that is poor form. It’s either a major miscommunication or outright deception.

I imagine a number of people who saw the announcement, heard the hype and the $10 sale price and pulled the trigger because they would need to own the game anyways according to the old FAQ.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I agree that this method was a poor choice but nothing we can really do about it. Either buy or don’t are the only options. I’m not really upset over the price, more so the principal.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Mods please merge this.

OT, yeah the Ninja edit of the FAQ is bad. I’m sure a lot of people saw the sale as a good time to get the game ready for the Xpac, hell I even convinced a friend to get the game as it was so cheap. An I told him there is an xpac coming out. It says you need the base game to play it. So he got it there an then. He was planning on waiting till the Xpac came out to see if there was a deal.on the base game and Xpac.

LOL, I like how you rant over a simple sentence. There’s a mega thread go post there.

Sure like you post in every thread that has nothing to do with that thread you ask a mod to merge it. The mega thread is about price + vets not getting the core game for free as they are paying the same price. This is about the Ninja edit of the FAQ that miss lead people in to getting the core game sooner who thought they where getting the better deal. If you read a thread or two, you might see the difference.

So you think.telling.people.right up till the day after pre drops that they need to buy GW2 to play HoT is fine? Have 2 sales with in a few month of each other to get people.in to the game, who may or may not have waited for HoT to come out before spending there money on GW2. You think this is fine and ANet as a company have done nothing wrong? I know you normally defend ANet, but surely this must even seem a bit off to you.

I never said it was fine. Anet is offering refunds to people who bought it recently though. One guy on reddit got a refund on the core game (or upgrade to HoT for the difference in price) and didn’t lose his progress in the process. Customer service helped him out.

Now if Anet weren’t willing to help people out, you’d definitely have a point. But have you noticed since March, they haven’t offered the $10 sale. That’s probably because they were deciding that to do.

You keep right on drinking the Kool-Aid! No refunds without permanent acct closure.

“Note: The refund process includes permanent closure of the Guild Wars 2 account. If you wish to continue to play Guild Wars 2, or if you desire to play in the future, you will need to purchase a new serial code and create a completely new account. Characters, names, items, and other features from the refunded account cannot be transferred to a new or different account. Not all serial code purchases will be eligible for a refund. No refunds will be given for any account that has been terminated for a breach of the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement.”

This is incorrect, Anet has changed their minds and are providing HoT upgrades for the price difference (recent accounts only), and keeps account progress as well. My alt account was recently upgraded in this manner.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Within 30 days you can be refunded..

Well, yeah, they are obligated by consumer law to allow this. It doesn’t mean that they will make it easy, though. In fact, they don’t make it easy.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Belexes.4923

Mods please merge this.

This is incorrect, Anet has changed their minds and are providing HoT upgrades for the price difference (recent accounts only), and keeps account progress as well. My alt account was recently upgraded in this manner.

Source from Anet?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Mods please merge this.

If that’s what you want to think fine. I won’t tell you to think otherwise, but I do not have that blind faith in a company.

I don’t have BLIND faith in the company. My eyes are wide open I assure you. I’m an intelligent guy, with many years of business behind me. I’m not calling anyone blind for not buying it and I’d appreciate you not calling me blind for buying it. Logically speaking, everyone values things differently. Calling someone blind because they have different values than you devalues your opinion.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, yeah, they are obligated by consumer law to allow this. It doesn’t mean that they will make it easy, though. In fact, they don’t make it easy.

Specifically a thread on reddit, who posted that originally they told him that they’d have to close his account, but he updated his post to say that now they’ve given him a refund and he’s kept his account.

I don’t have the URL offhand.

They actually are making it easy, now. What you’re saying is old info. If people had a problem they need to try again.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Belexes.4923

They actually are making it easy, now. What you’re saying is old info. If people had a problem they need to try again.

Source????

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

First they screw some of us over with SAB, then leave everyone with none of the old content while they make HoT, now they want all faith restored with an overpriced expansion whilst trying to creep their way out of the BS they originally wrote.
This company just keeps on getting better.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

And, keep in mind, people asked for this mess in the first place.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

I’ve been playing since release pretty much, paying $120 NZD for the game (not even deluxe I had to buy gems for the upgrade) and with the amount of hours I’ve played and the fun I’ve had all I can say is money well spent. Was pretty excited finding out that an expansion is finally coming and originally thinking it’d be $60-80 NZD for me and I was prepared to pay that much. With the pre-purchase info out I was pretty disappointed that they couldn’t at least add a slot but I had one ready just in case. As for the base game being “free” to new members who pre-purchase HoT, im completely fine with like c’mon new players, more people to play with they added that as an incentive so more people would start playing. I do feel for people that purchased the base game recently just because anet said it was a requirement to play HoT and then later giving it for free with an expansion purchase but they made a mistake, $10 suck it up. For the amount of gameplay you get with no sub fee I dont see why people are kittening about the price.

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

I’ve been playing since release pretty much, paying $120 NZD for the game (not even deluxe I had to buy gems for the upgrade) and with the amount of hours I’ve played and the fun I’ve had all I can say is money well spent. Was pretty excited finding out that an expansion is finally coming and originally thinking it’d be $60-80 NZD for me and I was prepared to pay that much. With the pre-purchase info out I was pretty disappointed that they couldn’t at least add a slot but I had one ready just in case. As for the base game being “free” to new members who pre-purchase HoT, im completely fine with like c’mon new players, more people to play with they added that as an incentive so more people would start playing. I do feel for people that purchased the base game recently just because anet said it was a requirement to play HoT and then later giving it for free with an expansion purchase but they made a mistake, $10 suck it up. For the amount of gameplay you get with no sub fee I dont see why people are kittening about the price.

Did you really just call the FAQ problem a “mistake”, a “mistake” gets fixed immediately and typically they address the community on the “mistake”. They dont use the “mistake” to advertise for months under a different banner then quietly sweep it under the rug when they change their minds, thats called false advertising, its hardly a simple “mistake”.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not get it was it really a question that you need GW2 to play GW2? If they keep the old wording it would be ok too becuse this is a per-order so your reward for doing just that the price often is not made higher becuse its a per-order. If that was the error ppl keep going on about I am at a lose over this out rage this is how games worked for some time now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Try contacting support with your concern. If your purchase was recent enough, they may be able to do something for you.

What they will do as of now is give you a refund and delete your account.
Or
Refund your money to buy HOT but they still delete all your progress and you need to start with a new character. (your time has no value)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Specifically a thread on reddit, who posted that originally they told him that they’d have to close his account, but he updated his post to say that now they’ve given him a refund and he’s kept his account.

I don’t have the URL offhand.

Someone posting to readit dose not make it true. Now if ANet posted on there own forum saying so, then that would be different. I could say I complained about the price and ANet game me 2000 gems as a sorry. The dose not make it true. I could sit there all day saying I got it, try again. You might never get it. That one guy might have got helped because he got someone who knows what they are doing or maybe not knowing what they where suppose to do.

For instance. I had a problem with my ISP, phoned supports. Got a guy who told me the problem with my PC. There was nothing wrong with there equipment or services at there end. After trying to fix it my end for another hour, I phoned again. This time a guy told me the first guy should have run a diagnostic, which he hadn’t. They did something there end and it started to work again.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I do not get it was it really a question that you need GW2 to play GW2? If they keep the old wording it would be ok too becuse this is a per-order so your reward for doing just that the price often is not made higher becuse its a per-order. If that was the error ppl keep going on about I am at a lose over this out rage this is how games worked for some time now.

The issue is that now it has come to light that you do not need the core game in order to play HoT. In fact, the only way to buy the so-called “core” game now is the $50 Heart of Thorns “bundle,” despite advertising for months (nearly half a year, in fact) in the official FAQ that anyone wanting to play the expansion would need to buy the core game first.

So people bought the core game, and now find out that they did not, in fact, need to make that purchase at all.

I don’t think it was done maliciously, but it was certainly misleading, and they chose to try and sweep it under the rug by quietly changing that wording on the FAQ…. the day they released the information.

So, new player A sees an ad for the expansion, goes to the FAQ, sees that statement that it’s necessary to have the core game if they want to play the expansion, and then buys the game for $30 in February.

Fast forward to June. A is enjoying the base game and looking forward to the expansion. Then the company announces that all copies of Heart of Thorns will come with access to the base game.

A now has to buy what is essentially a standalone product, despite doing the research beforehand, and the company doesn’t even own up to their mistake. If the FAQ had been accurate, A would have waited to purchase the game, but it’s been four months and A is no longer eligible for a refund.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: soulspawn.1095

soulspawn.1095

I understand how you feel, A Hamster.
Some month ago I got two of my cousins to buy GW2 (from a local store because they wanted a hard-copy) in preparation for HoT (I was under the same impression after reading the FAQ) and even convinced one of them to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition, because it was on a discount. Eventually they didn’t play the game at all yet, for various reasons, but I don’t look forward to the moment when they find out that the expansion most likely comes in a bundle with the HE – for just a little bit more…

Kind of off-topic:

A simple character slot for adding it to a pre-existing account would have solved all this.

Or an option to link/use the character slots from the new core-game to your existing account when pre-purchasing HoT.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion:
Accounts begin with 5 usable character slots.

(edited by soulspawn.1095)

Jski.6180

The issue is that now it has come to light that you do not need the core game in order to play HoT. In fact, the only way to buy the so-called “core” game now is the $50 Heart of Thorns “bundle,” despite advertising for months (nearly half a year, in fact) in the official FAQ that anyone wanting to play the expansion would need to buy the core game first.

So people bought the core game, and now find out that they did not, in fact, need to make that purchase at all.

I don’t think it was done maliciously, but it was certainly misleading, and they chose to try and sweep it under the rug by quietly changing that wording on the FAQ…. the day they released the information.

So, new player A sees an ad for the expansion, goes to the FAQ, sees that statement that it’s necessary to have the core game if they want to play the expansion, and then buys the game for $30 in February.

Fast forward to June. A is enjoying the base game and looking forward to the expansion. Then the company announces that all copies of Heart of Thorns will come with access to the base game.

A now has to buy what is essentially a standalone product, despite doing the research beforehand, and the company doesn’t even own up to their mistake. If the FAQ had been accurate, A would have waited to purchase the game, but it’s been four months and A is no longer eligible for a refund.

You do need the core game to play HoT but you can per-order HoT and it comes with the core game. If they once HoT comes out did not have the core game with it THEN you would have to buy GW2 on-top of HoT. Has every one lost there minds this is how per-orders / early kick starers work for some time.

Posted by: Craray.2603

Craray.2603

Well look at it this way…the expansion is still far away…we don’t even have a date yet…
For your 10 bucks you’ll be playing for like a year…
If they wouldn’t have changed the faq, maybe you wouldn’t have bought the game until a year from now.
So I’d say you didn’t make a bad deal there and you shouldn’t really feel the way you do.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

A nice compromise would be if he agrees to purchase the new $50 pack give the guy $10 in gems (or what ever he paid) to re-cope the difference.
that way he gets hot at the same price as everyone with out having to delete his account. to get Hot.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

You do need the core game to play HoT but you can per-order HoT and it comes with the core game. If they once HoT comes out did not have the core game with it THEN you would have to buy GW2 on-top of HoT. Has every one lost there minds this is how per-orders / early kick starers work for some time.

Okay, show me on the website where I can purchase the core game. On the GW2 website.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Jski.6180

Okay, show me on the website where I can purchase the core game. On the GW2 website.

I am not sure what your point is.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

The core game is not a pre-purchase perk. The prepurchase perks are listed in the green banner only.

Anything underneath each edition of the game is what the full game includes. Just like with GW2’s prepurchase.

Jski.6180

The core game is not a pre-purchase perk. The prepurchase perks are listed in the green banner only.

Anything underneath each edition of the game is what the full game includes. Just like with GW2’s prepurchase.

Well ppl where complaining about getting GW2 core game from HoT per-ordering and they are giving refund to ppl who bought it 1? month so why keep the stander there for more ppl to make the same error and complaint.

Posted by: AncientManuel.5384

AncientManuel.5384

It’s been 2 months get over yourself.

Freja Kardottir – Female Norn – Ranger – level 80
Macelt – Female Sylvari – Warrior – level 80

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

It’s been 2 months get over yourself.

He can post whatever he wants, get over yourself.

Unless it’s against the rules or something, which it doesn’t seem to be breaking anything here.

No.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s what i mean – they don’t make it easy, you have to get through tons of responses claiming that either you can’t be helped or that it will cost you your old account first. Only by being really stubborn you can get through it and get your problem solved.
And that’s only for 30 days or less purchases made directly from Anet. Anything other and they flatly refuse to help you (because they no longer have to, and they definitely don’t want to).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

TL;DR: 2 months old customer already lost trust in the company.

They make a fun game, no doubt. But don’t put a lot of stock in what they say, they’re not very true to their word. And they don’t say much to begin with.

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I would suggest that you redirect your anger at the bean counters and corporate admin at NCSoft…….I doubt that Anet, especially the devs and programmers had anything to do with setting the price or how to release/prerelease the expansion.

Ncsoft pays the bills here not Anet, they just develop the game and their hands are tie until Ncsoft says otherwise.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Its not Kool-aid, its actually correct. What you’re quoting is the general refund message. If you send them a support question regarding this specific issue they will send you a different message.

From the words of people who actually did it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aege1/a_follow_up_to_my_post_that_blew_up_out_of/

[–]BlobWatanabe 15 points 2 days ago
CONFIRMED! I just got a refund for my full-price core game purchase (which I bought only two weeks ago), purchased the HoT pre-sale, and my characters, progress, gem store purchases, etc. are all intact.
Here is the new response from support after getting the same one quoted by many people indicating that my account would be wiped:
Actually the code that you are requesting a refund will be permanently disabled. If you registered the code, all features, including game access, will be removed. If you haven’t used the code, the code cannot be registered. If you wish to repurchase the game or the expansion at a later date you will be able to pick up where you last left off by applying a new serial code. Your existing account will not be banned.
Thank you ArenaNet!