Verdant Brink feedback

Verdant Brink feedback

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

I was lucky enough to try events without bugs and event breaks(Currently my server is bugged though), so I base my feedback on that.

OUTPOSTS, ADVENTURES AND MAP
I love the concept of outposts and how it feels ingame, but again — it’s not introduced to players how it should be.

Map actually is divided into important regions where events belongs to the particular Outposts and completing them contributes to the Outpost progressing and unlocking appropriate merchants and adventures, but game does not teach you that and in result we have dozens of people who wandering around beautiful zone and don’t understand what they are doing and why adventure is still locked.

It would be useful to notify player when they are inside Outpost, some flash text for a couple of seconds like in Skyrim.
http://i.imgur.com/gHwcOR1.jpg

Little bar in the top-right screen is not enough to help players to understand what is going on. I propose some Map updates so people will understand where exactly they are, what they are doing and what they will get if they are participating in Outpost progression.
http://imgur.com/gHwcOR1,6zMPOZI#1

NOT ENOUGH VISUAL CUES IN COMBAT
I feel like developers tried to bump difficulty and add more intricate mechanics than simple facerubbing, but it backslashes a little bit. There are new ways to deal with enemies and if player want to find them – he will, but a lot of people was not aware of this new stuff and tried to face rub(Husks event with sniper rifle and defiance… brrbrr)

IMHO there is not enough of visual cues for players to highlight that stuff has changed and you have to use something else then “Stand still & press1 repeatedly”.

Crazy burst mushrooms, packed raptors, one-shotting mordrem hunters are nice, but for ordinary player they all looks like ordinary PvE monsters which suddenly behave like something else and players don’t understand what is going on and get frustrated while keep their “Stand still & press1 repeatedly” because they can’t figure out what to do.

For example event with glowing red husks and sniper rifle — me with a couple of other players figures out that you have to break defiance bar before striking with sniper rifle, but ~10-20 players were hanging out near rifles and waiting while husks became vulnerable to kill them in melee, thus making event just suuuper long!

Attachments: