Where is the gold?

Where is the gold?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

I miss the gold of dungeons.. nerfed it so bad that they destroyed it.. instead of having more dungeons after dlc we have none now.. (except fractals which i find good with the dailies etc)

but how do you guys grind gold these days? I liked it to do a few months dungeons and then buy a precursor.. that was one of my incentives to play the game..

I never posted so many posts on the forum.. geez.. ANET plz, make things better, change to how it was, some things like dungeon (or a better middle way)

Where is the gold?

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Do events in HoT maps. You get so many materials and gear to salvage and sell that it will fall out of your ears in a heartbeat.

Gold drops have not been nerfed, just shifted to different sources. Instead of complaining about an old source, find the new ones.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Where is the gold?

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

All the gold was used in the building of tarir.

On a serious note, my best advice for you right now is trying to do maps that have shiny baubles as their reward, as each one is 1g a piece at he vendors. Also try and take up crafting and using your resources to sell things on the TP, you can also make some decent cash flow from the HoT meta events. And we’ll have raids soon which will give gold rewards as well, but only decent amounts are once a week.

They pretty much took the gold from dungeons and spread it out all over the maps, with a higher concentration in the newer zones and content, while at the same time creating more gold sinks to flush it down the drain. You’ll need to be careful until you can find a newer and more reliable way to get gold (apart from SW and of course using your credit card).

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Where is the gold?

UnbentMars.9126

For a numerical reference, I’ve made some 400 gold (not including the 900 from a precursor that dropped and sold well) from selling just mats and stuff that dropped in fractals and I’ve only been playing an hour to 2 hours a day since release. I recommend doing Verdant Brink or Dragon Stand (Dragon Stand is nice and linear with a large number of champs)

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Where is the gold?

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

For a numerical reference, I’ve made some 400 gold (not including the 900 from a precursor that dropped and sold well) from selling just mats and stuff that dropped in fractals and I’ve only been playing an hour to 2 hours a day since release. I recommend doing Verdant Brink or Dragon Stand (Dragon Stand is nice and linear with a large number of champs)

What fractal lvls do you do?

Where is the gold?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Definitely spend some time in the HoT maps.

If the boredom of doing the same few events in the same four maps doesn’t kill you, you’ll make some money.

Where is the gold?

UnbentMars.9126

What fractal lvls do you do?

I’ve done 1-35 and a smattering between 35 and 80 (I’m working on completing all of them for the achievements and loot boxes) and I’ve done all the dailies except the Master level ones about 8 or 9 times.

In rereading my post, I realize it was misleading: I’ve gotten 400 gold from fractals AND doing HoT maps.

That said, get your fractal mastery level up to tier 3 and then go over to the island. There’s an NPC that you can use to upgrade fractal infusions for approximately 60% of the cost of doing it through Artificer crafting. I’ve made (my best guess at least) 150 some gold (net, not gross) on top of the 400g by buying +1 agony infusions in bulk, upgrading them to +9 or +10 and then selling them on the TP.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Where is the gold?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If your are looking for direct gold, look at maps that reward shiny baubles. These sell for 30s a pop and you can get 5-6 of them in just a few hours of play. Once you hit the end of the rotation you get 10 of them for a quick 3g. This is on top of the absurd amount of drops that HoT maps throw at you.