Your picked races for your Revenant?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

So this topic is simple. We’re getting a new profession therefore we will be picking a races for played as an Revenant. Which races will you picked (bonus for mentioning the gender)?

As for me, I will most likely to picked as an Asura Revenant since originally it was either that or Charr when I was going to making a Guardian (I liked the heavy armours look on them) but ultimately I went with Charr.
I had a cooler Charr like name for him and logically from a lore sort of view point, I never really get why would an Asura would be a Guardian/ heavy armor in the first place (no offence to those who are playing heavy armoured Asuran and yes I know there are NPC Asura Warrior and Guardian).
In hindsight I kind of regretting making a Char Guardian now since while he is my main but when it come to Jumping Puzzle, I switch out for my Asura characters (how are you meant to do Troll end with a Charr or Norn???).
Upon seeing the new profession feel like I get another chance at it especially when it sound like alot of jumping will be involved in the expansion!!
At the moment, I’m not too sure on the gender but it is most likely to be female since I already got two male Asura and the armour on them isn’t that much different either aswell.

If for whatever reason I can’t make an Asura for whatever reason, I guess my alternative would be an Human since I only got one so far and while I got a single Norn aswell, I ain’t in the mood for another bulky character!

(edited by Renkencen.6127)

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

My suggestion would be Human if we get some awesome new Revenant-only armor (though I doubt it; there’s very little gear in this game that’s restricted to specific Professions, besides certain items you can choose when you’re making the character). However, Rytlock’s new outfit might be an example of “Revenant armor”, or maybe only the blindfold is. Using any other race is taking a risk that the new armor will look ugly or strange.

Sylvari might work.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Toepac.9076

Toepac.9076

Norn for sure.
They already have a link to spirits, and their huge bodies make heavy armor look amazing.
This class has norn all over it imho

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

Definitely charr for me, im gonna try my hardest to make a carbon copy of rytlock for my charr revenant

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

Female Charr definitely. I seem to never have enough female Charr.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Sylvari seems like a good choice, especially considering Rytlock’s opinion of them. Otherwise, I’d probably go with human (either) or norn (female). If it’s anything at all like a ritualist, I’d go with human female, and have her be a descendant of my Canthan rit from way back when.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Female asura. Simply because I adore how much energy asura put into everything, jumping around, windmilling arms and legs…

Should lend some humour to the seriousness that the revenants seem to exude.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

All 5. 45 character slots inc!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

My suggestion would be Human if we get some awesome new Revenant-only armor (though I doubt it; there’s very little gear in this game that’s restricted to specific Professions, besides certain items you can choose when you’re making the character). However, Rytlock’s new outfit might be an example of “Revenant armor”, or maybe only the blindfold is. Using any other race is taking a risk that the new armor will look ugly or strange.

Sylvari might work.

Norn for sure.
They already have a link to spirits, and their huge bodies make heavy armor look amazing.
This class has norn all over it imho

No they have a link to spirits of the wild. They don’t have a link to actual people.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

chubby small fem charr with a slightly dopey expression…like all my chars

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not 100% sure yet, but I’m leaning towards a female Asura for my Revenant. As that would give me the greatest variety from my other characters.

The only Asura I have right now is a Light armor class, so that would give me a different weight class to pick different armor skins from. He’s also male, so gender variety there is nice. Also, since I already have 2 Sylvari and 3 Charr (and I have no interest in humans or norn) and there’s no new race, Asura is the race I need to “fill up” the most.

My only Heavy armor class right now is a female Sylvari, so while that would technically give me 2 female heavy armor characters, since Asura don’t use the female armor skins I’m not too worried there.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I will be making a male human Revenant and make him look as Ritualistic as possible when HoT comes out :-P

Below are some pics of my Ritualist in GW1. Hope to recreate it as best I can.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

I only make Asuras…so…

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

Given the history of GW1—I created a black human female named Kormir (and will dress her appropriately)—and play/act as best I can to this video.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I have 11 lv80 toons. I have 3 Slyvari, 3 humans, 2 charr, 2 Norn, and 2 asura. I may recreate an old toon from my gw1 account, should the story correlate enough.

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

It is very unwise to mention your character name on the forums before creating it.

Someone more kittenbaggy than me might snatch it away right in front of you.

Posted by: zeroshin.3157

zeroshin.3157

Mine will be either a Charr male(Rytlock influenced this decision), or a Human male or female simply because I want to remake a ritualist-like character from gw1.

Posted by: GruntSquad.1530

GruntSquad.1530

My female Norn sings the songs of legends and past heroes. Soon she shall make herself worthy and join them in the mists in due time.

Posted by: TazzDeMazz.4716

TazzDeMazz.4716

Also Norn for me but I’m betting we’ll be getting a lot of char revenants following Rytlock’s wake.

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

“It is very unwise to mention your character name on the forums before creating it.
Someone more kittenbaggy than me might snatch it away right in front of you.”

Been playing MMOs for over 15 years and have run into just such issues in the past—live and learned and have already created it . But ty for the tip =)

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Human, Norn or/and Sylvari

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Asura, asura, and asura, in that order.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Human or norn, armour on then looks the best.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Human or Norn female. Leaning more towords Norn but i do like the Human cultural armor more.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

that_shaman has datamined the models of the revenant armor for the human-model races (Human, Sylvari, and Norn) and for Asura so far, so you can see what a revenant may look like as that race.

http://youtu.be/LNWR3tzKWIw Human
http://imgur.com/cDaLPNj Asura

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Given the history of GW1—I created a black human female named Kormir (and will dress her appropriately)—and play/act as best I can to this video.

PlaqueofGripes did a Guild Wars video.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention XD

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I dont like rat midgets and humans are usually kinda boring.

Since i already have a lot of sylvari and charr, it’s probably going to be norn. or human, if i manage to make one that fits to the class.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Asura or human male. Human probably because I have light medium and heavy asura characters already and because heavy armour looks best on male humans, IMO.

Posted by: SimenAaserud.3598

SimenAaserud.3598

Easy, a evil bad kitten looking sylvari with glowy eyes. As all my other chars

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Female Charr definitely. I seem to never have enough female Charr.

I have an Ash and Blood legion female charr, so time to round out my warband.

My second choice would be an Ascalonian themed human, to round out my Elonian guardian and Canthan thief.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Human, male. He will actually be my GW1 Necro. I love to write stories about my characters (my GW2 Necro is his son, and my GW1 Dervish is in stasis somewhere in Elona), and I didn’t know how to end his life… Fighting in the Mists for 250 years, but only a few months for him, allowed him to be a Revenant. I really like the idea to see my old character back ^^

snip

I don’t know if you’re French speaking, but there’s a slight difference in meaning in French when you say “Ouverture”: it’s rather the opening than beginning, yet only in music “ouverture” could mean “beginning”, but it’s really technical! (Otherwise, I like that name ^^)

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

Posted by: Iristrismegistus.1293

Iristrismegistus.1293

I…. don’t know.
I am tempted to make a Sylvari female revenant. A female sylvari is one I’ve always beenw anting to play and, lroe-wise, a character that is connected to the dream, the Mists and modremoth would ahve even more reason to face the dragon.
On the other hand: I’m not that huge a fan of the Sylvari T3 heavy. In contrast, and at a more superficial level, I love the Norn T3 heavy, to such an extent that I’d be willing to make another Norn female, perhaps as a sister to my female Norn guardian (who is pretty much my primary character)
I also don’t know what the possible weapon choices are atm. if the Revenant has a longbow/shortbow option, this would definitely fit my sylvari preference – I always wnated to make a sylvari character that revolved around the diea of ‘attaining’ Kudzu as part of her personal Wyld hunt.
So I don’t know. i can see making two revenants, but thats assuming specialization makes it better to have two characters of the same class (which it might not)

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

OP you dont have to make your character max height hahaha… i make it minimum these days (this setting is silly because of JP. why nobody mentions that?)

first i thought of norn female because they are pretty, and heavy armor suits them well.
but sylvari are EVIL NOW >:D manic laugh
then again… charr female look really good but… will they look good at all in heavies.

something to think about. gotta consider all 3. i should only pick one.
i will re-check heavies on female charr and if yes, i go with that.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I’m gonna go with an Asura, as that is the only race I haven’t played yet.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Human, male. He will actually be my GW1 Necro. I love to write stories about my characters (my GW2 Necro is his son, and my GW1 Dervish is in stasis somewhere in Elona), and I didn’t know how to end his life… Fighting in the Mists for 250 years, but only a few months for him, allowed him to be a Revenant. I really like the idea to see my old character back ^^

snip

I don’t know if you’re French speaking, but there’s a slight difference in meaning in French when you say “Ouverture”: it’s rather the opening than beginning, yet only in music “ouverture” could mean “beginning”, but it’s really technical! (Otherwise, I like that name ^^)

Yeah I’m sort of second guessing my Revenant’s name now. I looked up ‘ouverture’ and you’re right, it’s more of an ‘opening piece in music’, which isn’t really what I was going for :-/ I guess I saw some website and it defined it as ‘beginning’ but for the most part, it doesn’t usually mean that so :-/

I might go for a name that ties into the whole mist-thing, or a name that means ‘war’ or something.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Already have 14 charr – about to be 16.

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

Not quite sure yet. I would definately do an asuran if anet would put out a hybrid asuran. Like at least over 5ft tall compared to real world measurements. There so short there skins on them seem so insignificant. Such as the gs. Make them drag the sword on the ground just before they swing. That way there weapons will look just as big as others.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Going for female Norn. I was intending to have two Norn to start with, but I wanted to see the Iron Legion storyline as well, so I made a third charr instead of a second norn.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Sylvari, so I can use the heavy cultural armor.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

koda—

since i can’t make a kodan revenant, i’ll probably go for human male, since i don’t have a heavy armor human and i think it’s one of the best fits for the profession (plus, that artwork sold me on it). norn are too bulky and slow, and i don’t like charr animations (or cats). i have like 3 sylvaris (1 per weight) and 2 asuras (heavy and medium), so…

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

Charr of course. My warband can use another female charr

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Among my 8 toons I have male and female: Norn, Sylvari and Asura, 1 female human (necro) and 1 male Charr (war).
So I would make either a female Charr or a male human, since the new class is a heavy class and I have a heavy class Charr, I’ll make a male human.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Sylvari, just to troll Rytlock.

[qT] Necro main.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s a tough one. I already have three Sylvari, three Asura, two Char, two Humans and Norn. I’m considering making a Char elementalist, so then I’d have three of them too. I could make it Human, but that’s kind of boring, or Norn which I don’t like. I really liked the idea of a Sylvari Revenant because the Sylvari Dream is very reminiscent of the mists, but also because of the growing unrest involving Sylvari in the expansion. I don’t want to do Char cause of Ritlok, and while I like Asura more than any other race I don’t feel like having another one, so I’m really stuck.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Probably a male human. I’ve wanted to mix and match the phalanx with human cultural armor for a while now, but couldn’t since I made both my warrior and guardian norns. Thought I could mix and match glorious armor with phalanx instead, but… a knightly norn just doesn’t look right, I prefer them with a dash of savagery and intimidation.

Posted by: Isis the Divine.5980

Isis the Divine.5980

Human female. My GW1 main was a monk and no matter how many times I’ve remade a guardian to ’’channel’’ her, it just never worked for me. Even though the skills will be completely different, the theme/concept of channeling the power of the Mists works beautifully to resurrect her from the dead lol.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I will make a revenant with every race but charr, they ruined that amazing race with the constantly swinging tail and the hunchback…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

I’ll probably go with an Asura for my revenant. Only because it sounds like the jungle is going to be full of jumping puzzles. And Asura definitely have the advantage there.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I think i’ll either go with a sylvari and human or a sylvari and norn. But definately a sylvari.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not planning on making one aside from a PvP one for dailies, but it will probably be a Norn. Seems up their alley with the Spirits and all.