Elite Specializations & Hero Point Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Hilarious. Nobody would be QQing if they were actually leveling another 10 levels while they did the new pve content like in EVERY OTHER mmo. At least Anet’s way lets us keep our gear.

Some of those gave us prelevelled characters for new professions.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Then why did you use such hyperbole about being handed everything in the context of this topic, besides trying to suggest people wanted to be handed everything?

Because many of them are. Again, I didn’t accuse everyone. Apparently you are taking my post way too personally. It was directed at those who are indeed acting this way. If you are not, then you shouldn’t have a beef.

Lol, that contradicts already! You say you didn’t accuse anyone, and claim people are.

You don’t have to be part of a group to get offended. Maybe it offended someone else I know, because I’m a carebear like that! But my personal reaction is irrelevant, I’m just calling out the statements said, and it doesn’t require any emotional content to do so

I did not say “anyone” I said “everyone” there is a distinct and glaring difference. So there is no contradiction.

So you didn’t “call out what the statement said”. As far as being offended, particularly on behalf of others on this subject, I really am not bothered by that at all. I am offended at people complaining before there is something to complain about and being ridiculous so…

Just because people will be shunned and ridiculed doesn’t mean we need more reasons though. The gap created won’t be impossible to overcome, but I do think it will be greater than the ascended-exotic gap.

Currently, I can create something close to most “meta” stuff with just some tomes and maybe 100 gold if exotics are good enough.

Actually it is. No one is going to be “gifted” with the elite specs. If you want them, you have to take time to get them. Even in WvW.

I agree to some degree, but I think it is somewhat uneven that WvW’ers must spend so much time outside of WvW to remain competitive in WvW. And Anet has at least addressed the concern, so it is not something entirely subjective. A lot of high end content generally is self-contained. For example, getting higher levels in fractals is for the sake of getting higher levels; there’s no real reason to do that unless you want to do fractals because it affects gameplay absolutely nowhere else. There is where you could reasonably say “You can’t just have that handed to you”

I don’t think the shunning and ridicule will be be increased by any of this. The people doing the ridicule and shunning would be doing the same amount of it no matter what the content. They are awful people IMO, and new content won’t change or increase that.

Actually you can say things are uneven all around. Everyone has the same opportunity and challenges to get what they want in the game. I am not thrilled about having to do WvW & PvP for a legendary, but it is what is required. I just have to deal with it. Just like WvW and PvP people have to deal with PvE content. None of us are getting anything handed to us.

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

I’m really confused why my level 80 w/ 100% GW2 map completion doesn’t have enough hero points to unlock everything.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hilarious. Nobody would be QQing if they were actually leveling another 10 levels while they did the new pve content like in EVERY OTHER mmo. At least Anet’s way lets us keep our gear.

Nah. Some of them would be QQ’ing regardless. ;p

Here’s a tip for the complainers: if you find the most enjoyable thing about the game is complaining on the forum then you’re done with the game. Move on.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

This hero point system is just absurd.
First, each elite specialization needs too much points to be unlocked, really 60 to just unlock it and 400 to get everything?
Second, it’s not account bound… What the heck were you thinking?
Third, to get hero points you just need to grind, yes grind map completions, grind EOTM zerg…

I’ve calculated that to unlock an entire elite specialization per character requires about 100 WvW levels and 2000 badges.

For people who has alts it’s just a suicide mission.

Anet and devs, you really need to tone down A LOT the hero points required.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

Posted by: Spambot.3625

Spambot.3625

First, each elite specialization needs too much points to be unlocked, really 60 to just unlock it and 400 to get everything?
Third, to get hero points you just need to grind, yes grind map completions, grind EOTM zerg…

I’ve calculated that to unlock an entire elite specialization per character requires about 100 WvW levels and 2000 badges.

no its actually good, you shouldnt be able to progress your character instantly but rather have to put work into it

what gw2 was lacking was character progression, this is one step into forward by anet, loving it

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

no its actually good, you shouldnt be able to progress your character instantly but rather have to put work into it

what gw2 was lacking was character progression, this is one step into forward by anet, loving it

1. People already put work into progressing their characters, it was called map completion and both anet and you white knights are keen to devalue it.

2. Masteries were supposed to be the progression, not elite specs.

Posted by: Dynasty.5127

Dynasty.5127

This is just flat out annoying and pointless.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

First, gw2 and gw1 have never been about long character progress, but more about character personalization. The actual hero point system requires much more resources than the game can supply in the way it’s designed.
I’ve already put in the last post. An elite specialization costs 100 extra levels of WvW or to do all hero challenges in the new maps, for every character.
To put into perspective, if you wanted to get the elite specializations of 4 alts, you would need about 2-3 months of pure PvD farming or to pass 4 times all new maps, which are not that easy as normal maps…

Second, you forget that there hasn’t been a hero point reset, so existent characters max leveled have to go through all this, while all new characters can spend points into the elite specialization instead of other specializations or skills (noticing that elite specializations are far better than a single one of the others).

Then, the amount of hero points required to get a single elite specialization is not proportionate whith the others, costing 2 points more to unlock an elite specialization (400) than all core skills and core specializations together (398).

And finally, this specialization system is designed to have multiple elite specializations (which you can only have one activated). Once you put into the equation a second elite specialization, the hero point requirements to have everything unlocked is just out of any possible limit.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Spambot.3625

Spambot.3625

1. People already put work into progressing their characters, it was called map completion and both anet and you white knights are keen to devalue it.

2. Masteries were supposed to be the progression, not elite specs.

white knights? wat

its rather that casuals keep whining that they need to actually put effort into character progression. Map completion is not part of character progression, it offers next to nothing for your character other than open waypoints

“were supposed to be the progression”
no, we already knew that hero points were going to be used to unlock the next specializations, that is the reason they introduced hero points in the first place

I bet you think raids will be bad too because ascended gear is recommended and that requires actual playtime instead of having everything given to you on login

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Honestly I feel like this is BWE4. There’s no way if they tested this system in betas it would have made it to the live game.

I have 8 level 80 characters (welcome my latest revenant) and I tried Druid on my 100% mapped ranger and only was able to unlock half of the spec, making it unplayable. Now I hate the design of the Druid, I think Anet screwed that one up. Since it’s such a chore to unlock it, I won’t bother with the spec.

Does this make sense to anyone? Show us something, let us try it, then release the game with us expecting to be adventuring on our new toys and then tell us we need to complete the content on our old specs to unlock the new one?

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ok, now that I know how it works, I have to change my stance. I get it, I totally get the design, but other than my herald none of my characters that I’m making elite will even be using the skills associate with the elite, it’s rather bothersome that I have to unlock them as part of the elite. That in order to get the last trait I actually have to put in the full 400 points, it’s bothersome.

The whole design, at this point, is rather disappointing. Of course, once it’s done, it’s done and doesn’t matter anymore, but it’s still bothersome until then.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Kal Spiro.9745

Honestly I feel like this is BWE4. There’s no way if they tested this system in betas it wouldn’t have made it to the live game.

I have 8 level 80 characters (welcome my latest revenant) and I tried Druid on my 100% mapped ranger and only was able to unlock half of the spec, making it unplayable. Now I hate the design of the Druid, I think Anet screwed that one up. Since it’s such a chore to unlock it, I won’t bother with the spec.

Does this make sense to anyone? Show us something, let us try it, then release the game with us expecting to be adventuring on our new toys and then tell us we need to complete the content on our old specs to unlock the new one?

How it is unplayable, exactly? You get the heal, and I assume at least one of the skills, plus the staff. You get the specral mode just by fitting the trait line, what else do you need to be able to play it? Not to be able to play it fully, but to be able to play it at all?

Pretty sure it’s playable, you just want the whole thing.

You want to know what isn’t playable until it’s done? Herald, because at least for all the other classes you can fit other skills in until you can get the ones you want. Herald can’t do that at all, so until it’s complete the Glint line is only partially functional.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

I don’t think they thought about it enough, honestly. Having a character with 100% world should be enough to unlock every skill in the elite spec. Only roughly unlocks half of it, though. Bit disappointed.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I would rather do that and have to farm new gear than have the current situation. That way I’d at least be able to just level up by playing the game normally.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Then why did you use such hyperbole about being handed everything in the context of this topic, besides trying to suggest people wanted to be handed everything?

Because many of them are. Again, I didn’t accuse everyone. Apparently you are taking my post way too personally. It was directed at those who are indeed acting this way. If you are not, then you shouldn’t have a beef.

Lol, that contradicts already! You say you didn’t accuse anyone, and claim people are. But wait, I never said you said that about everyone anyways, merely “people” nor does it really change the hyperbole aspect.

You don’t have to be part of a group to get offended. Maybe it offended someone else I know, because I’m a carebear like that! But my personal reaction is irrelevant, I’m just calling out the statements said, and it doesn’t require any emotional content to do so

I did not say “anyone” I said “everyone” there is a distinct and glaring difference. So there is no contradiction.

Ah, that really is no contradiction. You’re just making a lot of accusations. Very well then.

Actually you can say things are uneven all around. Everyone has the same opportunity and challenges to get what they want in the game. I am not thrilled about having to do WvW & PvP for a legendary, but it is what is required. I just have to deal with it. Just like WvW and PvP people have to deal with PvE content. None of us are getting anything handed to us.

That’s kind of circular logic, I think. It’s fine if you are willing to accept it as is, but clearly as I’ve suggested before, that’s not the only option.

And legendaries are a curious example now that they require some wvw because wvw ranks can no longer be bought which I find somewhat objectionable. Of course, the wvw rank requirement is about a few hours at best and legendaries don’t really provide much of an in-game advantage, so the comparison is sorta far off.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Dynasty.5127

Honestly I feel like this is BWE4. There’s no way if they tested this system in betas it wouldn’t have made it to the live game.

How it is unplayable, exactly? You get the heal, and I assume at least one of the skills, plus the staff. You get the specral mode just by fitting the trait line, what else do you need to be able to play it? Not to be able to play it fully, but to be able to play it at all?

You want to know what isn’t playable until it’s done? Herald, because at least for all the other classes you can fit other skills in until you can get the ones you want. Herald can’t do that at all, so until it’s complete the Glint line is only partially functional.

Many people tried pointing this out, you were to busy being ignorant to them to notice it seems.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Can I just I’ve been pilling up Writ of Experience for a while, have over 1000 of them and now the game is telling me to trade them in for Tomes of Knowledge…

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I uh, yea.

What they did with elite progression is so off putting that I don’t even want to play. It’s a nasty grind gated behind masteries; you cannot get most these skill points unless you leveled all these up and you have to do this with every char you play. Wow.

Can you imagine how new players will feel once they realize the truth?

This elite grind serves no purpose but to slow people down to a crawl to artificially extend play time. Do not like.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What the kitten?

The number is WAY beyond 400!

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

400 Hero Points to unlock Elite Spec? Why?
You already screwed me over having 4k+ Skill Points then you turn them into like 200 Hero Points and now i need 400 of them to play the game i bought for WvW purpose ONLY. Lower that kitten. I’m not here to grind , I’m here to play. If i wanted to play Archeage I would go play that crap.

What would be the fastest way to get hero Points?

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Where have you been the last 4 days? This has been talked to death in the last 4 days. You actually have to play the game gasp to get them.

Posted by: Avatar Exico.1806

I understand both sides of situation.

In my personal opinion 400 does seem way to much in my opinion. Since A-net announced Heart of Thorns and announced Elite specializations everyone was excited to try new content with it with some work to obtain it just like all other mmos with trump card. When new skill system released hitting lvl 80 gave us all hero points needed to max out all 5 trait lines but looking at Elite one it like 5 trait lines that maxed out again. The Elite extra stuff like runes/sigils etc… shouldn’t be part of Elite specialization and that should be just extras if people want them in my opinion. That spells, traits, unlock and weapon is what should include for Elite.

Also reading have work on Mastery to finish Elite specialization so really majority of content is done and then what else is there left but gear and prepare for raids that come out later.

In opinion I want work for Elite specialization to some to degree but also I don’t spend doing all of content in HoT just to finish it and than play it at it full potential because than what point playing Elite specialization in new area since already know whats happen and such.

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

thought the same,

nerfing the kitten out of druid and then i should
farm 400 hero points for this.

sadly i like my asura ranger and i like my sylvari ranger aswell.
should i do this boring pve for both now just to heave all traits/class mechanics viable on them!!!!???

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

To everyone defending ANets ridiculous decision and telling the rest of us that we want to have everything on a plate and if this were any other game we’d have to grind ten more levels:

We would be ECSTATIC if all we had to do was play for ten levels, or even twenty, in fact pretty much any amount of levels. If we needed to gain levels to unlock eSpecs that would be the best thing ever (even if tomes didn’t count) because we could just play the game as you so sanctimoniously keep telling us.

I defy you to find one person on this thread who wouldn’t be happy to exchange levels for hero points. Just one. Go ahead.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

400 Hero Points to unlock Elite Spec? Why?
You already screwed me over having 4k+ Skill Points then you turn them into like 200 Hero Points and now i need 400 of them to play the game i bought for WvW purpose ONLY. Lower that kitten. I’m not here to grind , I’m here to play. If i wanted to play Archeage I would go play that crap.

Fastest way to get points ?

LOL… have no idea. The release notes state they nerfed the experience (by 25%) you gain from karma training in EotM so it will now take much longer going that route as well.

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

Where have you been the last 4 days? This has been talked to death in the last 4 days. You actually have to play the game gasp to get them.

I’ve been playing the game before they changed the kitten out of it lol. I don’t roam the forums cause it’s full of QQ from the WvW players, I only care for WvW and not PvE. The PvE has always been stale for me. WvW is part of the game, but always get the short end of it. and now even worse with this crap. Not to mention EoTM V2.0 is trash.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

To everyone defending ANets ridiculous decision and telling the rest of us that we want to have everything on a plate and if this were any other game we’d have to grind ten more levels:

We would be ECSTATIC if all we had to do was play for ten levels, or even twenty, in fact pretty much any amount of levels. If we needed to gain levels to unlock eSpecs that would be the best thing ever (even if tomes didn’t count) because we could just play the game as you so sanctimoniously keep telling us.

I defy you to find one person on this thread who wouldn’t be happy to exchange levels for hero points. Just one. Go ahead.

You are wasting your time. Some White Knight is gonna just jump in here and say… Me ! :-)

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

Well, the good news is that there seem to be plenty of hero points. The bad news is that many of them are locked behind masteries which require multiple ‘levels’ to unlock. At least masteries are account wide.

The maps are slightly annoying to me as I’ve never been a fan of verticality/maze-ness to this degree. I like the jungle, but dislike not having a choice but to play there for progression (barring some PvP) – your choices are green, green, and green and brown. I already miss the diversity of the core game.

Menadena.7482

That’s why it’s called an “elite” specialization. You have to work to get it. Did you guys think you would start HoT with almost everything already unlocked?

Yes. I paid puppying $100 after they were selling us on the mechanics.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

You can get HP’s from playing WvW by the way ….. Just playing the part you like nets you HP’s from the PvE part of the game ……

Kal Spiro.9745

Many people tried pointing this out, you were to busy being ignorant to them to notice it seems.

No one pointed anything out, because until just today no one actually knew precisely how it would even work. My plan had been to unlock herald then put all my points into the skills, having a completely unfilled trait line isn’t ideal, but it’s not bad if I have the skills to go with it. Now that it’s clear how the system actually works it’s clear that Herald, exclusively, is not entirely functional until all 400 points are spent into it.

Only now, after the information is known to be true is it fair to make that claim. It was clear, though, that Herald was always going to be some amount of a problem because no Revenant could come into the game with any extra points.

This isn’t about Herald, this is about Druid, and all the other elites and anyone claiming that the elite is unplayable because they couldn’t completely fill it out immediately. That is entirely untrue.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Some of us played GW2 BECAUSE IT DIDN’T have character progression / treadmill.

Some of us were here for gameplay.

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Here’s a tip for the complainers: if you find the most enjoyable thing about the game is complaining on the forum then you’re done with the game. Move on.

That describes my experience with ESO perfectly.

Osu

Dynasty.5127

You can get HP’s from playing WvW by the way ….. Just playing the part you like nets you HP’s from the PvE part of the game ……

This is true, it’s an unrealistic grind but ya I suppose ii’s possible in to do within a couple of weeks.

Kal Spiro.9745

That describes my experience with ESO perfectly.

That was me when I left SW:TOR the first time. To come here, actually

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

This was known for some time, all the QQ is kinda funny

Menadena.7482

They took our excess Skill Points and gave us Spirit Shards.

Solution:
Let us turn in Spirit Shards for Hero Points. Done, easy.

Divided among all your characters and with the prices they have per skill/trait …

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

No one pointed anything out, because until just today no one actually knew precisely how it would even work. My plan had been to unlock herald then put all my points into the skills, having a completely unfilled trait line isn’t ideal, but it’s not bad if I have the skills to go with it. Now that it’s clear how the system actually works it’s clear that Herald, exclusively, is not entirely functional until all 400 points are spent into it.

Only now, after the information is known to be true is it fair to make that claim. It was clear, though, that Herald was always going to be some amount of a problem because no Revenant could come into the game with any extra points.

This isn’t about Herald, this is about Druid, and all the other elites and anyone claiming that the elite is unplayable because they couldn’t completely fill it out immediately. That is entirely untrue.

Scrapper is tied heavily to skills daredevils dodges are gm traits.
Essentially if your traits mattered you are kitten , if your good utilities mattered you are kitten .

But that was the design intention. That you must heavily invest time in hot for progress.

The system would probably be ok if they didnt make masteries a progressive grind.

In other news does mastery earning feel slow and grindy after the first couple ones?

Posted by: Zind.3659

Zind.3659

+1 for the “elite spec is ridiculously expensive” perspective here.

Despite myself I actually managed to get a little excited, thinking that the expansion would breathe some life into the game for me. Instead, I almost immediately lost my will to play again when I found out that I couldn’t actually access the thing I was so excited about. Kind of wanted to try Revenant too, but the thought of leveling another character in addition to having to grind crap for my main’s elite spec is frankly dreadful (since I didn’t have the forethought to log in every day for a few months for tomes).

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Couple of points up front: I intend to play all of the content. On all of my alts. I don’t want everything handed to me on a silver platter. I don’t even object to the cost given the value of hero challenges in HOT. So all the tryhards and whiteknights above and just pound sand about that stuff.

I just want to know is why didn’t they simply cut the elite specialization into 2 lines – one line for traits and one line for skills? Maybe put the weapons/weapon skins etc on the traits line and the armor skins on the skills line. Two hundred points per line. That way veteran players who have ground through world completion can fully open either the skills or the traits and use them. Experiment with them as they go through the new content and the old content they revisit during their routines. Those points would be meaningfully spent and change the experience for the player. Every veteran player that dumps 200 points into an elite specialization now gets pretty much nothing for it. Maybe you can use the weapon (if you don’t really need the synergies between traits and/or skills to make the weapon worth using), or maybe one of the skills if it fills a niche in their current build, but no one in their right mind would purposely chose to try and use a truncated/kitten trait line that ends long before reaching Grandmaster.

Case that makes my point like a nail gun shot between the eyes: Daredevil (admittedly Herald is another good one). ANet “cleverly” locked the elite specialization mechanic into the three final Grandmaster Traits. The 1 extra dodge is a crappier version of an old pre-June nerf Acrobatics Adept trait Feline Grace and only the most ardent fanboys think that 1 extra dodge mostly useable at the start of the fight qualifies and acceptable elite specialization mechanic. Bet you can’t guess where those Grandmaster traits are in purchase order. So its pretty much ~375 points in at least before you would consider playing with the Daredevil elite.

I just don’t see what was gained by the structure they chose. Is it just an incentive to play the content? If so, first, are they that insecure about the quality of the content? Second, wouldn’t locking either the skills or the traits (depending on player choice) behind 200 additional hero points that had be ground through HOT provide the same incentive?

This just feels like another bad management / implementation decision. Which, on some level I’ve come to be resigned to enduring where ANet is concerned.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Kal Spiro.9745

Essentially if your traits mattered you are kitten , if your good utilities mattered you are kitten .

But that was the design intention. That you must heavily invest time in hot for progress.

The system would probably be ok if they didnt make masteries a progressive grind.

In other news does mastery earning feel slow and grindy after the first couple ones?

Daredevil and Scrapper are the only ones I have slotted right now, and it’s just what I expected. Not using staff and utilities on Daredevil, I’m doing it for the extra endurance. And yes I want the grand master, but it doesn’t ruin the character just because I don’t have it yet, it’ll just be that much better when I do. Still a fully functional thief. On Scrapper I’m just running the Hammer, which I have at one point into it. Still a fully functional engineer, though.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can get them by playing World vs. World. New items will be given to you when you gain ranks, and you can spend them with badges at a new vendor to unlock Hero Challenges either in central Tyria or the new Heart of Thorns maps. Unlocking Heart of Thorns Hero Challenges costs five times as many components, but gives ten times as many points, so that should be the way to go.

If you already have 200+ Hero Points left over (which means you had world completion), then you’d just need 200 more from the above conversion. Which would be.. 100 WvW ranks or so? Whatever the case, you can get them all without setting foot in PvE if you really want to.

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

You are kittened when you play more than one character. My warrior still has ~260 points to get, my other toons are on 300+.
And it’s not even account wide?

but I got the message:
stop playing more than one character

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Daredevil and Scrapper are the only ones I have slotted right now, and it’s just what I expected. Not using staff and utilities on Daredevil, I’m doing it for the extra endurance. And yes I want the grand master, but it doesn’t ruin the character just because I don’t have it yet, it’ll just be that much better when I do. Still a fully functional thief. On Scrapper I’m just running the Hammer, which I have at one point into it. Still a fully functional engineer, though.

so your saying, that an extra endurance bar is the main point of DD?
you realize the acrobatic line essentially gives you more endurance via feline grace and endless stamina?

You basically are a kitten thief.

also, last i played engineer, the point was utilities and trait use.
using the same utilities basically makes you a gimpier version of an old engineer, cause you have key traits missing

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

The ridiculous gating of the Elite Spec behind an enormous amount of grind has really just soured this whole launch for me after a few hours of play.

Sorry but you got it very wrong this time ANet. People want to play the new content with the new specs not have to play the new content just to get the new specs. As a mostly WvW player I’ll just be going back to my normal build now until I can unlock the Elite spec, whenever that might be, its just so very disappointing.

Posted by: Zantal.4798

Zantal.4798

nope not going to grind all that much.

Dynasty.5127

The ridiculous gating of the Elite Spec behind an enormous amount of grind has really just soured this whole launch for me after a few hours of play.

Sorry but you got it very wrong this time ANet. People want to play the new content with the new specs not have to play the new content just to get the new specs. As a mostly WvW player I’ll just be going back to my normal build now until I can unlock the Elite spec, whenever that might be, its just so very disappointing.

It does seem to be overshadowing the excitement that should be HoT release. All those people that don’t use the forums often just got hit in the face with this, many of which seem to be none to happy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can I just I’ve been pilling up Writ of Experience for a while, have over 1000 of them and now the game is telling me to trade them in for Tomes of Knowledge…

They said some time back that items that give experience can’t be used to progress Masteries. This means those writs can only be used on a char before level 80. After level 80 you can turn 20 of them into one tome and get a shard.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Just as I predicted, the whole HP hunting thing is strictly locked behind the mastery system which requires enormous grinding.