Appearance of New Nebulae In the Night Sky

in Lore

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

I was startled this week by the new appearances of a number of nebulae in the tyrian night sky.

I have admire the tyrian night sky before in GW 1 and in GW 2. These beautiful scenes are comparable to real life.

However, this week during a night play through I noticed 2 large nebulae over the tyrian night matching in size and wonder as the tyrian moon.

I am sure these 2 nebulae were not there before. As this occasion co-insided with earth tremors in other maps of tyria, it got me thinking. Does these 2 nebulae represent an omen that other nebulae are appearing in other parts of Tyria.

In addition these nebulae resemble a sort of astroglobe as depicted in the Eternal Alchemy or the star-chart of the realms of torment. As the astroglobe (Eternal Alchemy) represented the rising of the Elder Dragons in relation with Tyria, could these natural tyrian cosmic phenomena preside the rising of the Elder Dragons?

In the real world nebulae are either star planetary formations or galaxies. In the case of galaxy nebulae, a massive black hole would be hiding at the center of the nebula cloud of dust. Black holes of cause are gate ways to unnatural dimension of physics.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

It would be fantastic if one of the dragons fell from space.

Or is that too FF?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s The All, not Eternal Alchemy. Scarlet mistook the two; The All encompasses Tyria and bodies/realms of power that encircle it, which are apparently related to the Elder Dragons (or are them – the full details are unknown). The Eternal Alchemy is the philosophical concept of the inter-workings of all things – including The All and more.

As for the nebulae…. got screenshots?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

This does sound interesting. Any screenshots you can provide?

in Lore

Avariz.8241

Sorry in my adventuring, I just play the game and do not take notes nor take photo shots for documentary purposes.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Sorry in my adventuring, I just play the game and do not take notes nor take photo shots for documentary purposes.

Then it’s really unlikely to have happened. If you yourself say you don’t take notes or screenshots or document in any way then it’s likely you simply saw something you hadn’t seen before. It’s probably not anything new to the game…

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

ALso, I haven’t noticed any tremors across Tyria. Is this something others have experienced?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Avariz: Other people do look at the night sky, so if you simply grab a picture of the ‘new’ sky, people can think of their memory – or screenshots – to see if it’s new or as FlamingFoxx said, something you’ve not noticed before.

@Randulf: there were tremors across various maps between Season 1 and Season 2. You won’t notice them unless you have camera shake up, and even then they’re fairly sparse. I’m not sure if they’ve stopped as I’ve never really experienced tremors unless they’re clearly tied to an event so I’ve always been dubious but there were enough reports to count it as something I’ve just not had the luck of experiencing. But there’s been no mentions of tremors since Season 2 started – not sure if its because they stopped or because people became used to them.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

OP, what map were you in when you saw these possibly new things in the sky? I’m game to go peer around for them to see if anything looks different to me, but I believe the sky varies from zone to zone.

As to tremors, well, the new camera changes made camera shake a real liability. I’d kept it on permanently, now it’s off permanently and I believe a ton of people rushed to turn it off when the camera got upgraded, at least so it seemed at the time from forum posts. Those of us without shake won’t know if tremors are happening or not.

in Lore

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

I have seen them too, in frostgorge sound.

in Lore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I checked in Frostgorge. Yep, definitely two stellar objects up there. I don’t know if they’re new. I map hopped my way to a lot of other zones. Sheesh, but Tyria is a cloudy place. Anything other than the moon was mostly obscured. In Queensdale near the monastery I was able to spot something that might be a nebula seen through thin clouds, or else was just a lower cloud. Nowhere else did I see hide nor hair of them besides Frostgorge. So they could have been there all along and you only just noticed them and thought they were new since in most maps you don’t see them.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I’m pretty sure the Frostgorge sky has always been like that. Don’t have any screenshots, but I spend a lot of time there and I don’t remember it not having a nebula.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well is this is a thing I’d be extremely excited.
Or maybe one of the artist just decided to make the sky a bit prettier.

in Lore

Avariz.8241

I checked in Frostgorge. Yep, definitely two stellar objects up there. I don’t know if they’re new. I map hopped my way to a lot of other zones. Sheesh, but Tyria is a cloudy place. Anything other than the moon was mostly obscured. In Queensdale near the monastery I was able to spot something that might be a nebula seen through thin clouds, or else was just a lower cloud. Nowhere else did I see hide nor hair of them besides Frostgorge. So they could have been there all along and you only just noticed them and thought they were new since in most maps you don’t see them.

Thanks for the screen shots. I did see 2 nebulae in a map. I can not recollect which map but the positions of the nebulae and the moon were extremely different from the screen shot of Frostgorge (Sound?). The one phenomena that I saw had one of the nebula on the other side of the night sky so you can not see it with the moon and the other nebula at the same time. So if the 2 nebulae and the moon do not move like a still picture then this would lead me to say we could have different systems of nebulae. That is definite. However if the nebulae have orbits that they go round like the moon does then I can not be certain if my observation and your screen shot are the same system or not in that they could have moved to a new arrangement as captured by your screen shot.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

Avariz.8241

2 nebulae in relation to 2 Elder Dragons in accordance to the eternal alchemy vision is still creditable. We know Jormag and Primodus are around Far Shiverpeaks with Jormag on the Shiverpeaks and with Primodus far below the Shiverpeaks. Therefore having 2 nebulae in that region of the Shiverpeaks still conform to the eternal alchemy vision with each elder dragon associated with a celestial orb/object.

Continuation of the above would lead to the hypothesis of a celestial orb/object above the Maguuma Jungle since Mordremoth it there. Another celestial orb/object should be above the Crystal Desert.

Last but not least I could expect the same phenomenon of a celestial orb/object over the deep ocean south of Orr/ west of Elona associated with ‘Bubble’, the deep sea dragon.

Edit: If Zhaitan were alive I could expect a celestial orb/object above Orr. Now that he is dead I am not too sure if the celestial orb/object is still drifting above Orr or as shown by the eternal alchemy vision the orb/object crashed into Tyria.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Primordus long ago left the land beneath the Shiverpeaks. His location is unknown because he’s been clearing huge tracks of underground, but the destroyers mark his previous locations – Brisban, Kessex, Dominion of Winds, Mount Maelstrom, Lornar’s Pass.

But the relation of nebule in the far distance over Frostgorge alone makes no sense in any form, really, as we’re talking about constellation-distance stars. The night sky should be the same across all of continental Tyria, with only minor difference from the northern most and southernmost, or easternmost and westernmost edges.

Furthermore, it isn’t nebula that relate to the elder dragons, but single stars. And on top of that, the star’s existence is NOT tied to the Elder Dragons, but the Elder Dragons happen to wake at the same point that stars are born (every 10,000 years) – so sayeth Varra Skylark after the cinematic, but I’m rather dubious on her entire path tbh.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

From an astrophysics perspective, a new star usually lights up the nebula around it as it ignites, until the solar wind from the star pushes the gas of the nebula away. So a new star would have a nebula around it for a short time after its birth (the nebula was always there, but dark).

This is, in fact, what the cinematic from the jotun telescope looks to me more than the new star itself.

(Supernovae – another source of “new stars”, albeit shortlived – also tend to both light up the gas around them and create a new nebula around the remnant from the escaped gas after they go.)

Personally, though, I’m also sceptical that the link is entirely coincidental.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Hm, I wonder, what if those are the eyes of a space elder dragon, and the tremors were from it awakening! We’re all doomed, doomed I say!

Playable Tengu please!

in Lore

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It wasn’t these red stars was it?

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Lore

Avariz.8241

At 0:00 hours server time I roughly worked out the moon’s meridian line. At that time from north to south the moon’s meridian line run along from Durmand Priory down to Fort Trinity.

By using triangulation of the moon and it’s meridian line at 0:00 hours I roughly estimate approximately the southern Nebula at Frostgorge Sound hang over the undisclosed map zone north of Isenfall Lake in Snowden Drifts.

The second northern Nebula at Frostgorge Sound hang over the undisclosed map zone north of Woodland Cascades at the top of the map.

These 2 areas are close to last known appearances/activities of Primordus deep underground in the South and Jormag in the North.

P.S. I meant by the moon’s meridian line as being in longitude that run along Durmand Priory and Fort Trinity (roughly).

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I have seen them too, in frostgorge sound.

So have I, while mapping the area on my guard. I nearly posted here about it, but then thought “Maybe the Shiverpeaks night sky was always like that.”

Having seen this thread, now I’ll be looking more closely.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server