Have we killed any Elder Dragon yet? SPOILER!

in Lore

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I ask this because Zhaitain was killed by cannon fire.
Mordy was killed by …. A spike?

At the end of the Dragon Stand event the cutscene shows Mordy impaling himself on a spike which kills it.

So have we actually physically killed an Elder Dragon yet? Can we the players claim to or just say a cannon and spike did the job for us?

RP enthusiast

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Considering that the players were behind the cannon fire and leading MoM to the spike (plus the events at the end of HoT’s story), yes we have killed EDs.

in Lore

Posted by: Cin.9386

Cin.9386

Its little bit stupid question. According to your thinking we should kill dragons with only ours fists. Because if not they would be not killed by us but by swords, hammers, arrows or magic :P

in Lore

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I don’t see any major difference between my character firing an arrow or firing a canon – either way, the weapon was just the weapon, and the character had the intent and used it.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well it depends on the similarities between Zhaitan and Mordy. Killing Mordys body wasn’t in and of its enough to kill him because he was the jungle, his roots ran deep too deep. We saw that Mordy could shift his mind or soul into different bodies (Trahearne) although seemingly only to parts physically connected to him. In theory if Zhaitan also had a similar mind / body dichotomy then we’ve so far killed his body but his mind / soul might still persist. Maybe when Tequatl got his power-up it was because he became the new body of Zhaitan.
But it’s all speculation really.

in Lore

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

The spike doesn’t kill Mordy. At the end of the Dragon’s Stand meta event where the map closes, it’s implied that he regenerates himself. In the story, you permanently kill him by attacking and destroying his mind so he can’t resurrect himself.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Given the final instance of Heart of Thorns, there’s the possibility that Zhaitan “lives on” in a manner of speaking, but it’s pure speculation. But Mordremoth is dead.

I’ve of a recent theory that Zhaitan still lives, because of the case with Mordremoth and the situation of Arah explorable having risen talking about Zhaitan as if he still lives.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

Given the final instance of Heart of Thorns, there’s the possibility that Zhaitan “lives on” in a manner of speaking, but it’s pure speculation. But Mordremoth is dead.

I’ve of a recent theory that Zhaitan still lives, because of the case with Mordremoth and the situation of Arah explorable having risen talking about Zhaitan as if he still lives.

This is likely an oversight on Anet’s part. The Omadd’s Machine cutscene pretty clearly implies that he’s dead.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m not sure how the cutscene clearly shows anything really.

We see an orb (Zhaitan’s) crashing into another (Tyria’s). But what’s the meaning behind the crashing?

Further, dialogue with the Pale Tree as a non-sylvari imply that the vision is a copy of what Scarlet saw – which was years before Zhaitan died.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.