Logan and queen Jenna new info

in Lore

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

I just visited the GW2 Flickr page and it had this picture added to it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/12525206113/
As you can see all pictures reflect the character that says the lines. What struck me was that Logan’s line is: “I’m under your spell”
Is this a hint that Queen Jennah is literally mesmerizing him? Is it coincidence? what do you think?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/ This is the link to the full flickr page.

Edit: oops misspelled her name

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

As far as my knowledge of English goes, that’s just another sentence you say when you’re in love. Nothing special really, especially because I think those are Valentine cards you can buy/print and send to your crush/loved one

in Lore

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

Even considering
Caithe says: I “dream” of you
Zojja says: I’d be a “bookah” not to love you http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bookah
Ritlock says: be in my “warband”

They are all relevant to the character or at least the race.

“I’m under your spell” just seems so suspicious and I don’t see how it is relevant to humans in GW2 so it must be relevant to Logan himself. I have never heard a character in game use a phrase like that before.

(edited by Niels.5396)

in Lore

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I really wouldn’t consider those valentine cards a breakthrough in lore…

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

I’d say that this is because humans don’t really have a comparable thing to the Dream, warbands or bookahs.

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Even considering
Caithe says: I “dream” of you
Zojja says: I’d be a “bookah” not to love you http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bookah
Ritlock says: be in my “warband”

They are all relevant to the character or at least the race.

“I’m under your spell” just seems so suspicious and I don’t see how it is relevant to humans in GW2 so it must be relevant to Logan himself. I have never heard a character in game use a phrase like that before.

Humanity: providing the best magicians since 786 BE

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Technically Logan is under a spell from Jennah. It allows him to be aware of whenever she is in danger so he can head to her to save her.

If you guys are still trying to sell the idea that Logan is under some sort of spell that makes him love Jennah then I think your cluching at straws, particularly when the devs themselves have said that Jennah and Logan’s attraction and affection to each other are real.

Infact many of the core emotional issues Logan has been struggling with in his narrative have been tied to that. Just say ‘oh, he was being mind controlled the whole time’ would make that really superficial. The whole point of his actions at the end of Edge of Destiny was that there was no good choice for him, only bad choices. He either abandoned his friends and save Jennah or stay with is friends and let Jennah die. Either way he was screwed and would have failed someone.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Infact many of the core emotional issues Logan has been struggling with in his narrative have been tied to that. Just say ‘oh, he was being mind controlled the whole time’ would make that really superficial. The whole point of his actions at the end of Edge of Destiny was that there was no good choice for him, only bad choices. He either abandoned his friends and save Jennah or stay with is friends and let Jennah die. Either way he was screwed and would have failed someone.

GASP, somebody who actually understands that he had two very bad options. And frankly, in a way, he chose the better of the two as it lead to solid peace between bulk of charr and bulk of humans.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was outright stated by a dev (I want to say Ree via either Stephane or Regina; and on Guild Wars 2 Guru forums, I believe) that Logan is NOT being influenced to fall for Jennah, that both individuals love the other, and that the love is genuine.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I would have been more appropriate for Logan to say “I can’t run from your love.”

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Like Zamalek’s choice, it was likely a joke from ArenaNet, since so many arguments have been had over whether he is being mind controlled or not.

in Lore

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Heya all! Sorry, there’s no deeper meaning here. We created these cards as a little Valentine’s Day treat, and all of the lines on them were written as fun throwaway sentiments. None of the text is any sort of pointer toward lore.

in Lore

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Lol; those cards are awesome!

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I am a little surprised that Rubi had to point that out, but such is life

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

I’d cross deserts for you.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.