Mad Ravings of Volstag (Crazy Theory Craft)

in Lore

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

I cannot call this a theory; there are little facts, just ideas that spun out of control based on how I perceive the LS. Beware Wall of Text!

I think Scarlet wants to break systems of control and the ultimate control is the dragon cycle. But to do this she needs to set the system into a state that breaks itself. She is going to destroy magic itself…or try.

Scarlet is a member of the Inquest, brilliant and possibly tainted by Dragon corruption. The Inquest was/is experimenting with harnessing dragon energy and using it to create minions under their control. Who’s to say that Omadd didn’t infuse Scarlet with Mordremoth’s energy in the chamber? If sylvari are immune to dragon corruption and you are looking to use dragon corruption without the dragon control it would seem like a good place to start. Infused with Mordremoth’s power she may can “hear” him, but not be under his control. With the Inquest current leader KO’ed is it possible that Scarlet stepped up? I say she did, took over, and began looking at what was going on in the organization.

Inquest has underwater bases and submarines to probably study the DSD and its minions and is potentially a way access and acquire krait obelisk.

The Inquest is part of the Sinister Triad (Bandits, Inquest, and Nightmare Court), This group seems to control a fort that blocks entrance into the deeper Maguma and an Asura portal to somewhere. The Seraph believes that the Bandits are linked to the White Mantle and are investigating the area. This Sinister Triad could be the early stages of the Scarlet Alliance.

The Consortium was founded by Asurans. The Consortium is all about the end goal, and cares little for those that get hurt. Sounds like the economic branch of the Inquest and I think that is exactly right. I believe that the Consortium is the “front” for the Inquest, helping them move goods and service “legitimately.” I think the Inquest found Southsun Cove, and has been setting it up as both a research facility and slowly, an alternative to Lions Arch. (I’ll come back to this.)

The Karka event is likely a dry run of the Toxins that scarlet used in the Tower of Nightmares. Itself a derivative of the Nightmare Courts own brainwashing spores. I would not be surprised if Canach is one of the direct commanders of the Scarlet Alliance. It may be possible that the “smooth talker” from the city was Canach. After his “infiltration” of the Molten Facility he becomes darker and has the new gauntlets. Is it possible that he underwent the Balefire Ritual (or inquest Primordus fusion) for the sole purpose of being the neutral leader between both organizations? At first they were fracturing apart, but have since been part of Scarlet’s plans and attacks.

The refugee’s situation created by the unleashing of the Molten Alliance created an opportunity for Sub Director Null to seize control of the Consortium from Scarlet. Creating a work force/army that would have been “loyal” to him and aid in his coupe attempt. Canach was sent back to Southsun to deal with Null and “break” his control over the people and test Toxin phase two. Part of this was also a test of the reprogramming abilities of Scarlet to see if she could re-wright the golems in Rata Sum.

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Lore

Volstag.6371

While Canach handled the Molten alliance. Scarlet had been assembling the Aetherblades. After Covington’s defeat, pirate captains would have been fighting for supremacy. In order to secure and edge and take over, Mai Trin was approached by Scarlet and aided by inquest technology. Scarlet becoming the new Admiral and Mai Trin her favored captain. Realizing that Pact had made navy warfare secondary to air power, Scarlet had the Aethers infiltrate and recover downed ships during the war with Zhaitan. Using the Sinister triad again, she contacted the remnants of Fyonna, Countess of Spiders and offered them vengeance for her loss in exchange for using their branch of the Twilight Arbor as a base for her new navy. They agreed and she talked with them about toxins. The Inquest then backward engineered the ships and the Aetherblades were ready.

Seeing an opportunity to gain a greater upper hand she sought to place Mai Trin on the captains’ council, using the Consortium to smuggle in all the supplies needed to build the base in lions arch and make the preparations. When Lions Arch began showing off the Holographic projectors Scarlet found another opportunity to expand her presence and limit exposure and once the Aetherblades attacked, the secondary objective of stealing the projectors began in earnest.

While the Heroes discovered what was going on in Lions Arch, another arm of Scarlet’s Alliance was at work. I wonder how long the humans worked on creating the Watchknights? If we look at the Human personal stories, we can see the White Mantel/Ministry working against the Queen in DR. We also know that the Sinister Triad links the Bandits and the Inquest. Is it a wonder that Uzolan gained Ausran technology to build his robot? Is it not funny how mechanical this Golem is? After Uzolan who could have finished the Watchknights? Due the complexity of the machines and their eventual twisted nature I believe Scarlet had a hand in the development of the WatchKnights from the beginning. I believe the entire Caudecus’s Manor to be an original move in Scarlet’s chess game. I believe the entire point of Caudecus manor is to place an imposter on the throne of Kryta and put Caudecus in the throne room. That said I believe the only way it could be done is if the Countess is in on it. The Entire scenario is unthinkable until her remark of “is exactly what I’d do.” Then in the closing ceremony the queen’s image is shattered when the duplicate is revealed. The Queen was hiding, the queen wasn’t even there, and the queen’s watchknights are now attacking everyone. The queen sure looks weak and after talking with Logan in LA we discover that the shinning blade will not let anyone near her. Why would the shinning blade do this? The Carnival brainwashing story from the Human personal story. How long did it go on before it was uncovered? How many sleeper agents are in place? I believe Majory’s “E” to be Minister Etham. He appears to be more closely tied to the people of Nebo Terrace and Lions Arch and maybe outside of the Ministry’s schemes but close enough to become aware of their plans and warn others. With down fall of the Human government beginning Scarlet moved on.

Twilight Assault was Scarlet’s Experiment with integrating biology with technology as a first step in replicating the steam creatures and trap for Caithe. A trap that worked, allowing her to replace Caithe with a Watchknight replacement. She then used Caithe and her secret knowledge of the location of the cave of seeds to acquire a seed and cross pollenate it with the Fervid Censor. Then with the Court and Krait they planted it at a ley line focal point to create the Tower of Nightmares, a sister tree of the Pale Tree.

in Lore

Volstag.6371

The Krait where recruited to help with the Toxic Alliance on promises of a returned profit most likely the Inquest captured krait during the deep sea operations and began seeding the rumors of their ability to help them in this endeavor. Bringing the krait and the Court together I believe to refine the mind affecting toxin and develop a biological way to bond Dragon Energy to host the way the inquest does with Technomagic. Looking for a way to make the system “naturally” self-replicating. I believe the Toxic Hybrid is a Mordremoth Infused Krait.

When we discover the explosive nature of Scarlet’s combined elements and the Anti-Toxin, we have given Scarlet the very weapon she can use to destroy the Pale tree. Notice also how the first people to show up at the end of the event were the Consortium. There to profit and pick up information for the Scarlet Alliance right under our noses.

This may have been the final clue for Ellen Kiel. She begins confronting the Consortium and their Fractals right after this incident. She may have more information from Mai Trin and Canach’s integrations that we have not been let onto yet.

This brings us to now. If we are here (Mari) then Scarlet is not. Looking at her hidden lair, I am convinced she started this plan about the time we took are first steps in the personal story. And if so, we are just here to witness plans laid out so far in advance that there is not much we can affect. We are surviving the Living Story. Think Watchmen’s Ozymandias. I think the Diary takes place after the Chamber, but before she had really “broke” from her connection to Mordremoth.

So the UFO, I don’t think it’s a drill I think it’s a Temporal Accelerator, meant to rapidly speed up the time in a given area. Why? To get the dragons back to sleep faster. If she plans to burn the world down and remake it in her image so she sits on top. Then she has to break all forms of control. Every government, religion, dragons, and magic itself.

If she knows the ley lines, maybe she can cut them off, forcing them to pool in one location creating a massive magical well. Drawing the Dragons to one location. Lions Arch. As the Dragons rampage across the world to LA, imagine the destruction. Jormag would likely tear through Holebrak, Kal through the Black Citadel, Mordremoth through Cadalon, Bubbles right into LA, and Primordus right up through the crust. Imagine LA besieged by five elder dragons, a Volcano opening up in the bay and spilling out destroyers by the thousands. And the Dragons using LA like their own boxing ring. Then Scarlet parks the ufo above them and speeds up time. They burn through magic like candy, devastating the cycle.

The flame legion would move into the ruins of Black Citadel, Crushing opposition and claiming the Claw of the Khan-Ur.

Dedge would take Holebrak (Molebrak)

The White Mantel retakes over humanity then the gods are out, the government changes.

“Reprogramed” golems seize Rata Sum for the Inquest.

in Lore

Volstag.6371

The pale tree is driven insane with Toxins warping the dream and the nightmare.

Southsun become the new Lions Arch.

Welcome to Scarlet’s World.

A world, were the portals are broken; we have disguises in cities, and secret bases. Ebonhawk becomes the new DR. The Charr fallback into the Blood Legion Home lands. Norn to Honor of the Waves. Sylvari to cleansing Orr. Asura to ruins under Rata Sum.

A new chapter in the Personal Story were we gather the bloodstone, and find the Queen to restore magic and tear down Scarlet’s Twisted Tyria.

Be Ready. The End is Nigh!

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

I only gave it a cursory flick through so I’m not here to dispute what is likely/possible inside the lore, but however, the aftermath is tremendous. I’m likely to write it off simply because I don’t think Anet has the budget nor the time to be able to drastically change the world like such

in Lore

Volstag.6371

I called it mad for a reason. =)

in Lore

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

First I was all like “Woah, who’s Volstag? Some prophet?” then it became something along the lines of “Oh, its just himself…”

in Lore

Posted by: Mr Mango.3504

Mr Mango.3504

All credibility you might have is thrown out the window if you say “Asurans”. So inaccurate. <_<

I’m Mango. Fight on!

in Lore

Volstag.6371

Credibility? I’m MAD! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*oops

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

You’re forgetting that all the LS characters will die because it has similar twists to Game of Thrones

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Volstag.6371

You’re forgetting that all the LS characters will die because it has similar twists to Game of Thrones

First you scatter the “Starks” (DE2.0) by killing “Ned” (Rytlock)

Braham will go help Holebrak, shattering Jormag’s Tooth, he will then lead the Norn armies north Eir will go with him, after delivering a gift to Logan.

Rox will then need to fight against the flame legion to take back the Claw of the Khan-Ur and the Black Citadel.

Kas and Jory will get separated.

Jory be taken by pirates to Canath, escape there and end up in rebellion, find the Queen who has been secreted away there, and end up having to help her get back to Tyria.

Kas will join Logan in Ebonhawk, growing a bit darker thinking Jory is gone, she will become the new “investigator” tracking down what happened to her father.

Taimi will be captured and her legs “fixed” by the new Vice Admiral Shod. Her new “Watchwork” legs allow her to walk, but she is forced to work for the Scarlet Alliance and Inquest to pay them off, losing her freedom. She will be the inside man in the Asura resistance lead by Zojja

(I have to go back on Canach, I guess he’s good…)
Canach will return to Orr with Caithe and Trahearne to retrieve Caladbog hoping to use its power to restore the Pale Tree. Trahearne will not be able to remove it because it could undo his Wild Hunt. Canach however, will be able to take it and leads the charge to restore the tree.

Captain Ellen Kiel will control the Airship “Tyrian Freedom” leading the free Pirates against the control of Scarlet’s Alliance. She will be funded by Evon’s Black Lion-Black Market, buying on the black market cost more, but will aid the resistance.