Tybalt Returns Anet's Lore

in Lore

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

This lore isn’t intended to be serious but Anet made their own lore on Tybalt’s return:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHzRybcVJ0

in Lore

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

Too bad they won’t ever do this for Forgal and Sieran. :/

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Ya. I never personally understood the deep love some people have for Tybalt. Sure, he was funny, but he wasn’t that funny. All the mentors were all roughly on par in terms of likability for me.

in Lore

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

IMO i think Tybalt is liked alot becuse of the 3 he is less like the typical charr
(its almost like Sieran read the sylvari week blog herself xD)

in Lore

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I liked all the mentors, but I think Tybalt just had a best (or at least most fun) story. He also has one of the best (in my opinion) references in the game – the final instance in the level 40 story (with the apple barrels) is very similar to the scene in Breaking Bad series 1 where Walter first meets Tuco.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Who says that they would not make Forgal and Sieran return for that pvp stuff?

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The fact they didn’t bother to add Sieran and Forgal miniatures. I doubt they’ll go to the trouble of making Mist Champions for them if they couldn’t do that much.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

As pointed out by Ehecatl, Forgal and Sieran never really got any additional addition from Anet. Plus, Sieran would be incredibly OP considering it’s canon that she has the ability to fly for short periods of time. She would just fly over all the obstacles.

in Lore

reapex.8546

As pointed out by Ehecatl, Forgal and Sieran never really got any additional addition from Anet. Plus, Sieran would be incredibly OP considering it’s canon that she has the ability to fly for short periods of time. She would just fly over all the obstacles.

I forgot about her Marry Poppins ability o.o.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This lore isn’t intended to be serious but Anet made their own lore on Tybalt’s return:

Thing is, Tybalt isn’t really returning. He’s a Mist Champion, in other words what we’re summoning is no different than Turai, Niki, and Grymm – just a copy of the hero created by the Mists.

Plus, Sieran would be incredibly OP considering it’s canon that she has the ability to fly for short periods of time. She would just fly over all the obstacles.

Sieran’s boon would be granting the ability to glide to those who summon her for a short period of time.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Sieran pre-purchased HoT before HoT was even a thing. Confirmed.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Well, get everybody to start fanboying/fangirling over them in mass? If that’s the reason why Tybalt has gotten so far :P.

Though really, nothing says that Anet will never, ever do anything with them concerning mists champions. Though I don’t really care since I don’t do PVP much :P.

in Lore

reapex.8546

Thing is, Tybalt isn’t really returning. He’s a Mist Champion, in other words what we’re summoning is no different than Turai, Niki, and Grymm – just a copy of the hero created by the Mists.

People that died in the mists, are the originals as far as I know.

in Lore

reapex.8546

Plus, Sieran would be incredibly OP considering it’s canon that she has the ability to fly for short periods of time. She would just fly over all the obstacles.

Sieran’s boon would be granting the ability to glide to those who summon her for a short period of time.

That would be interesting, temporary gliding in Champion’s Dusk lol.

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

+1 or +1000

Tybalt is a stupid character, never wanted him to return in the first place.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Tybalt didn’t die in the Mists. He died in Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Tybalt didn’t die in the Mists. He died in Tyria.

Same with the others.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

IMO i think Tybalt is liked alot becuse of the 3 he is less like the typical charr
(its almost like Sieran read the sylvari week blog herself xD)

That’s because she Wrote the sylvari week blog.

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: midnight tea.3681

midnight tea.3681

Most of the deal with Tybalt doesn’t appl(e)y to Sieran or Forgal. As what’s been pointed out, he’s an atypical charr, somewhat awkward but well-meaning and he’s an eccentric. That kind of speaks to the nerd in us all. It also really helped the world feel a bit warmer and more alive. Also that mesmer transformation sequence is a complete riot .

I’m saying all this as someone who also really likes Sieran and Forgal. Sieran feels like an overly eager big sister which is endearing in a more subtle way. Forgal? Well, he’s kinda bland admittedly. Until you imagine him saying “You got a PSG1? You can use that against Sniper Wolf! Hurry up and save Meryl!”. Then you realize that the old norn is actually the reborn form of another old military man who has to atone for his sins.

But Tybalt? In a class of his own, sorry. Between this and the secret areas only OoW-accessible, hard not to feel like one of the orders got all the love.