new mysteries emerge.[LS3-Ep5 spoiler]

in Lore

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Continuing some comments and speculation that i started here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Impressions-on-chapter-4-possible-spoilers/first#post6559052

1 – they finalized the explicit mystery, “who was lazarus?”.
2 – But was there an implicit mystery, not well stated: a) against whom or what balthazar is struggling, to be desperate for so much power? Note that Balthazar / pseudo-lazarus is constantly saying that Kryta is not important, that the Queen is worrying about trivial matters, and in this chapter(5) he said, this time that Tyria is just trivial and not important.
3 – Each chapter seems focused on a particular member of the dragons watch. The star this time was Taimi.
4 – Who is missing? Rytlock, will probably be the “star” of the last chapter, along with a return of the subject Aurene.
5-Jormag and Primordus went to sleep, which opens door for Kralkatorrik.

Aurene, Kralkatorrik, Rytlock, Balthazar, this is getting interesting. Imagine where this will lead?

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Considering that Rytlock still hasnt talked about what he was doing in the Mists, and that Balthazar as a god is more native to the Mists, I guess you must be right. Seems like a nice enough starting point with a lot of potential revelations to boost hype for a season finale.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well we actually had a twofold member focus. Taimi and the Majory Kasmeer couple.

We can rule out Taimi as a focus point anyway, as she is our constant follower via coms, so “focus” might be a stretch.

As for your mysteries:

• Was there any Mursaat involvement? Does it mean Lazarus could still be around and ressurected, or did we bury them with this twist?
  • Is it really Balthazar?
  • Does his weakend state only involves him, or all six gods?
  • Does he work alone, or does he have help (Is the mirror gifted, or stolen)
  • Does he work for a personal goal (reclaiming his power for himself) or for a greater one (reclaiming power for the fallen gods)
  • What is the real purpose of the gods? How did thinks work before their arrival and how do they work/cooexist with other forms of “gods” (like spirit of the wild)

Bringing the gods in does actually open much deeper rabbit holes to jump into. The biggest one would be the orgin of humans for example.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

We can rule out Taimi as a focus point anyway, as she is our constant follower via coms, so “focus” might be a stretch.

I’d disagree with that. In previous episodes, she’s been our go-to exposition dump, but in this one we actually see character development for… I think the first time this season, actually, including her return to personal involvement.

Kas and Marjory didn’t feel like a focus so much as an update, combined with setting up for a later focus. Kas got her title back offscreen, she’s been working with Anise, their relationship is still strained, check check check, and then there’s Kas’ crisis of faith and Marjory’s injury to pay off later. Not that that’s a bad thing- the biggest problem with the biconics in the first two seasons is that they were being forced into plots where they didn’t really fit, and there were so many of them that they either overwhelmed the narrative (portions of HoT) or faded into background elements (Rox).

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

The major plot threads in LS3 (ignoring the creation of DW, and the less important activities of DE and the biconics) are
1) The White Mantle resurgence
2) Aurene
3) Primordus and Jormag becoming more active
4) Braham’s crusade
5) The anomalies resulting from killing two dragons
6) “Lazarus”

Thus, far, the Lazarus/Balthazar thread has intersected with all of them directly other than Braham (it isn’t clear what happened to Jormag as a result of E5 — since B was siphoning off the energy drained from P that was intended to neutralize J’s energy, J probably didn’t get hit quite as hard as P). So, having both Bs in the next episode and learning about J’s status is a possibility, though having two big dudes with fire magic who are ready to launch a disastrous crusade because they’re kittened about losing something important to them might be a little much.

Alternatively, maybe the next map will be in Charr territory. It would be an opportunity to re-introduce K as a threat, which would make sense if the next expansion is going to go to Elona and the Crystal Desert. Since right now the hot topic is “what’s the deal with the Six?”, it would also be the most relevant time for zipperlips to open up about what happened in the Mists, if it involved the gods.

Edit: Since the Charr’s WM equivalent are users of fire magic, it might also be another chance for Balthazar to seek to get powered up.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

(edited by perilisk.1874)

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

One of the new mysteries that interests me comes from Zinn’s 8th recording. It’s mentioned kinda off-handed, even thought it might have dangerous implications, but it would seem Zinn had contact with Joko. I can’t imagine anything good from such a partnership, especially one in which Joko came out ahead on.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Edit: Since the Charr’s WM equivalent are users of fire magic, it might also be another chance for Balthazar to seek to get powered up.

Now, that would make for a serious dollop of irony. I wonder if the Flame Legion are really that desperate, though – they also seem to have learned the lesson about worshiping non-Charr gods, they just seem to have taken it to mean they should create their own rather than going full atheism like the other legions.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.