Fractals dungeon players restricting others.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

Keep in mind that each level will take around 1 hour with a PUG-group, that don’t know what to do.

The dungeon is designed this way, that if someone picks up a new player he will think. I’M level 4 and he is level 1, I would need to play 3 hours, till he is where I’m already and I only have 3 hours left to play today. So there is no benefit for me to play with him.

Sorry, but that is the way they make this dungeon. And most of us will be locked out soon forever.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hatter.2987

Hatter.2987

Seeing nowhere to support people saying fotm resets each week, I can easily see people getting stuck at certain levels. Unless you will hit an agony wall, and actually beneficial to go to lower scaled with other players. Which doesn’t seem to be the case, because the loot will get better higher the rank is. So why go lower?

Example: Mostly everyone (guild or pugs) is at rank 15, were your at rank 12… but pugging rank 12 is pretty much impossible because most people that are decent are at rank 15. And if you can’t get people to go to lower ranks, your SoL.

aka, harder the dungeon gets.. harder it is to pug.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Harain.9137

Harain.9137

this is obviously a bug

if you read the dev blog at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/ you’ll see the following: “The dungeon will remember your progress, and will poll the party’s levels when you enter, scaling the dungeon to the highest common attained level”

So, please report this as a bug, the more that do, the faster it will get fixed

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nitcheam.9407

Nitcheam.9407

If it matters any .. Im only level 35 and already up to a fractal 3…. People need to realize, that if you can NOT die, and if you know your class, and have the slightest amount of common sense, these things can be done. Almost EVERY boss has a gimmick to it, it just comes down to being able to properly execute said gimmick.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: glutularphysics.7923

glutularphysics.7923

Anet needs to make it were you can two and three man these dungeons. Finding groups to run dungeons is hard on my sever and if you can get a group going and a couple die they will leave and then you’re screwed. That’s one thing i liked about gw1 is you didn’t need a lot of players to get anywhere.

You can totally 2 or 3 man these. Did the Svanir Fractal with my level 65 Ranger friend earlier tonight, and a few others with a level 80 Necromancer and Elementalist.

Edit: I should probably also point out that the Necro and the Elem ended up taking on the Jellyfish alone, because I died in the dark water section, and they still pulled it off.

pls call me meat

(edited by glutularphysics.7923)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

this is catering to the people who LOVE elitism in all those other MMOs: Gear gaps, forced segregation by mechanics such as the OP stated, and all that is now name of the game. I guess the people that love the “Raid or Die” models are enjoying their new found mountain to stand on too belittle the peons at the base of it for the lols…but I don’t. It’s awful and changed this game for the worse. But that’s just my opinion. Worthless, I know.

Well, there’s my two cents. Now infract me. Delete this post for not exactly being totally on topic and not praising this game and it’s choice in direction; infact I expect it now.

Infact me too because you are absolutely right

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nakara.7108

Nakara.7108

Fine some people have equipment and skills do do it – What is with normal players? Should this become an elite-dungeon only for a selected elite of players?

RoF – Aria Company Europe [ARIA]

in The Lost Shores

BadHealer.3608

this is obviously a bug

if you read the dev blog at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/ you’ll see the following: “The dungeon will remember your progress, and will poll the party’s levels when you enter, scaling the dungeon to the highest common attained level”

So, please report this as a bug, the more that do, the faster it will get fixed

Sorry, but that is exactly how it is working. If you are in Fractals Skill level 15, 14, 13, 18 and one of level 1 than you will able to choose the highest common attained level. And in this case it would be level 1 (since one person hasn’t reached level 2 or higher yet)

I failed how to see this is a bug, but I notice it already, that this is a funkiller. But of course we are not playing Guild Wars 2 for fun. We are here for the lag, frustration and grind.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gluttony.2017

Gluttony.2017

Holy crap, the amount of crying and over reacting. Seriously? You complain about people being able to spend more time in a video game and you are angry that you cant? Or are you complaining that all the good people want to play challenging content with other good players so theres noone left to carry you?
Also, this is one dungeon. ONE out of 9. And if you farm lv. 1 you will still be able to find all the mats needed to make ascended gear. You get the same amount of tokens on each level. So, why are you complaining? The dungeon just came out there are plenty of people that look for lv.1 groups, and i bet you there will be plenty of people in 2 months that have new characters and want to start a fresh FotM group.
Also, this dungeon wont become some “elite dungeon only for a selected few” theres no limit that says “you need this much skill and equipment to enter”. Its not even on paar with what you guys call “raid-content difficulty” because the first 10 levels are about being able to properly dodge and perform simple tactics with a lot of breathing room trough down state + team mates that can res midfight. Noone is going to gear check you in the lower levels and ask for lv. 80 in exotics with ascended gear only (well maybe we might have some nut cases like that). That wont happen until it absolutley becomes necessary. And by that time you probably will have farmed enough gold (seriously, doing 5 levels and im 5g + trough rare drops and mats) to get full exotics and should be level 80 aswell. And have enough mats to start making your ascended gear.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

That’s your problem for not having friends nor being in a guild.

Make friends, get in a guild or spam LFG looking for more as FotM rank 1.

However, an easy fix to this is to allow it to set a cap based on the highest rank.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nakara.7108

Nakara.7108

Nice for you that you find it easy – I find it so hard that it is only frustrating. But I guess some people are just masochists that enjoy beeing beaten all the time.

RoF – Aria Company Europe [ARIA]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reaper.3081

Reaper.3081

It scales to the lowest common rank.

Say party consists of 5 people:

Person 1 has run it 20 times
Person 2 has run it 15 times
Person 3 has run it 2 times
Person 4 has run it 2 times
Person 5 has run it 8 times

It will be a rank 2 instance, and everyone will get another notch in their belt. Basically having low rank people helps you up your rank faster by doing easier runs. I dont see why at this point anyone would turn away a lower ranked person.

wow u must be stupid haha.. u just need 5 people to keep running.. from fractral level 1 and then 2 and then 3

i am already on level 4 and i dont mind if i have to do level 3 again since alot of people are on level 3 already

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reaper.3081

Reaper.3081

They reset weekly afaik

they dont reset.. dude they never does.. or people would be exreamly angry using alot of time to get to like level 20+ u can choose the levels yourself..

5 people who did to like level 5 lets say they want to do level 4 again then they just scale down to level 4

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Fine some people have equipment and skills do do it – What is with normal players? Should this become an elite-dungeon only for a selected elite of players?

Normal players can play with other normal players. How hard is it to understand? Or would you like to be a “normal” player who gets carried through dungeons by elite players? I guess that is, after all, the real issue. Not finding a group, but finding a group that is too good for you. Works in other dungeons, but this one doesn’t let you…tough luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

The good news is that there are no increase in tokens at least level 4.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

The way I see it, the Fractals dungeon was almost exclusively constructed with guilds in mind. I’ve only ran it once, but so far in my guild people are more than happy to get guys up to higher levels, and those who have run it are more than willing to get the newbies up to speed on how each fractal works and what’s expected of them, while teaching them.

I had a blast, but almost entirely due to doing it with my guild. I can’t imagine doing it with a PUG, and that Balthazar I’ll never have need to.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

get
a
decent
guild

Really…

Been doing Fractals for couple hours now and still doing lvl1. Why? Cause we always have 1 person that has to leave, so we take another one. Do I care? No. I love helping my guildies, I’m getting decent loot and collecting Fractal Relics…ow AND I’m having a lot of fun on TS…

Can we please stop whining plox

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Normal players can play with other normal players. How hard is it to understand? Or would you like to be a “normal” player who gets carried through dungeons by elite players? I guess that is, after all, the real issue. Not finding a group, but finding a group that is too good for you. Works in other dungeons, but this one doesn’t let you…tough luck.

So elitism is good for GW2? Fractals is a dungeon btw. How is Fractals an elite dungeon. It can be completed with a 4 man team.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I think we need a party finder for dungeons more than ever.

But I see nothing wrong with restriction. In fact it’s a good idea. It helps you find people who are on your play level. We just need a group find system to make it not take forever.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

maybe in six months anet will let us sidekick Trahearne with us through dungeons and all will be well.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

Are people seriously complaining that others are doing things on an increased difficulty level? …and wanting players who are experienced on their teams?

No, people are complaining that Anet built a new set of content that actually encourages this behavior.

The general idea behind Anet’s design philosophy before this patch has been to encourage teamwork and helping out your fellow player. Yet, for some reason, they decided that creating a dungeon that fractures the playerbase (this was part of the complaints revolving around the Ascended gear, and this is something that I knew would happen, but nobody wanted to listen) was a good idea, despite the fact that it flies in the face of what this game was meant to be, from day one.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Hows that selfish. We’re protecting our own interests. I only have 24hrs in a day and so do you, I don’t want to waste my time on YOUR character progression.

Definition of SELFISH
1: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others

(taken from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/selfish)

I’m not sure where the confusion is stemming from.

What others are talking about is a thing called “Paying it forward.” Someone, somewhere, sometime, gave you your first chance at running it. It wouldn’t kill you to do the same for others now and then. Sub-optimal does not equate to useless or wasting time for nothing.

One of the inherent rules of human nature is that EVERYONE is inherently selfish whether they admit to it or not. You are always consciously or subconsciously looking after yourself before others. You cannot deny this, but neither is there anything wrong with being selfish.

I could point out that your argument is selfish because you want other people to do what you want them to do, and you are not adherent to group decisions.

Moral: Selfishness is not wrong despite what society might define it as.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Hows that selfish. We’re protecting our own interests. I only have 24hrs in a day and so do you, I don’t want to waste my time on YOUR character progression.

Definition of SELFISH
1: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others

What others are talking about is a thing called “Paying it forward.” Someone, somewhere, sometime, gave you your first chance at running it. It wouldn’t kill you to do the same for others now and then. Sub-optimal does not equate to useless or wasting time for nothing.

One of the inherent rules of human nature is that EVERYONE is inherently selfish whether they admit to it or not. You are always consciously or subconsciously looking after yourself before others. You cannot deny this, but neither is there anything wrong with being selfish.

I could point out that your argument is selfish because you want other people to do what you want them to do, and you are not adherent to group decisions.

The best you can hope for is a situation set up so that the selfish individual is encouraged to cooperate. Mostly GW2 is set up like that, magic find gear and FOTM are the only current exceptions.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Definition of SELFISH

The best you can hope for is a situation set up so that the selfish individual is encouraged to cooperate. Mostly GW2 is set up like that, magic find gear and FOTM are the only current exceptions.

Do not forget about farming. Farming is selfish because people want enough people to do the event quickly while at the same time being able to do enough damage to actually get loot. That is why people do not spam map chat with “Plinix up” anymore or at least the smart ones don’t.

But you are right, they should have a different system then what it is now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I’m sorry but asking for a person with the appropriate level for a dungeon is not selfish. It would be selfish for the lower level to assume all 4 other players would spend 2-3 hours waiting for that lower level to catch up.

(edited by zombyturtle.5980)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I already saw “5+ lvl only plz” today.
I guess everyone should really tryhard to progress to some higher level now, cause it will be harder and harder to actually find a group for low levels.
Large guild helps alot.

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Are people seriously complaining that others are doing things on an increased difficulty level? …and wanting players who are experienced on their teams?

No, people are complaining that Anet built a new set of content that actually encourages this behavior.

The general idea behind Anet’s design philosophy before this patch has been to encourage teamwork and helping out your fellow player. Yet, for some reason, they decided that creating a dungeon that fractures the playerbase (this was part of the complaints revolving around the Ascended gear, and this is something that I knew would happen, but nobody wanted to listen) was a good idea, despite the fact that it flies in the face of what this game was meant to be, from day one.

“The general idea behind Anet’s design philosophy before this patch has been to encourage teamwork and helping out your fellow player. "

Never happened ever. Not once since beta 2 or 3… No one ever parties up with you unless you nag over and over in map chat especially in the three maps of Orr (took me forever to get help to finish the first two maps and I’m waiting for this new event to die down to even have a chance to get help on the final one and Arah dungeon story). Guilds don’t even do it either. They treat you like kitten and tell you to play a new easier class (guardian/warrior lol) or L2P solo. For dungeons, its required, for maps? No so much.

Fractals on the other hand is already requiring people with full exotics/legends to go with them for even lv 1 fractal. If you don’t have exotics, you are left out. I can’t do it even if I had the gear as my machine can’t support gw 2 much longer.

So I’m left behind again because no one cares to help anyone. I see it every day and experience it myself as well.

If I could get the ascended gear, I don’t have to pay for exotics/Legendaries. I believe the ascended stuff is a good idea in principal if it was done better as it helps the disenfranchised on here get good gear.

Its a sad day for GW 2.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in The Lost Shores

Isslair.4908

Fractals on the other hand is already requiring people with full exotics/legends to go with them for even lv 1 fractal. If you don’t have exotics, you are left out. I can’t do it even if I had the gear as my machine can’t support gw 2 much longer.

So I’m left behind again because no one cares to help anyone. I see it every day and experience it myself as well.

If I could get the ascended gear, I don’t have to pay for exotics/Legendaries. I believe the ascended stuff is a good idea in principal if it was done better as it helps the disenfranchised on here get good gear.

Its a sad day for GW 2.

Firstly, that’s a lie. People are even willing to group with non-80 lvl to do fractals. No one mentioned about full exotics.

Secondly, exotics are not that hard to get. You should have enough karma to buy three items in Orr right away as you hit 80. Also you can gett full rare items from TP for around 1,5 gold.

If I could get the ascended gear, I don’t have to pay for exotics/Legendaries.

There will be only ascended rings and back items for now. So you still wanna have exotics as your end-game items.

Running around in lvl 60 blues and not wanting to spend some time and money on uprading your gear is your problem.

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I would like to point out something that some people seem to have forgotten. There will always be persons in game who are willing to do the dungeon run at lower levels, and thus you will be able to increase your fractal level. Not everyone is going to be an arrogant drone who says no. And just as an FYI, fractal level only goes to 10. So don’t worry, people may have to hunt for a group, but they’ll find one.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If this many people are annoyed about the ones asking for certain levels or gear or whatever shouldn’t there be plenty of people who haven’t reached that point who can group up together?

Maybe you could even start a topic on the forum for people to find groups that are at a similar level to do it together?

Also bear in mind some of these people might actually be trolling. Like the guy on Desolation during the Halloween event who kept posting “LFG Mad King 80 exotics only Tell gearscore to join” and then apparently just told everyone their gear score wasn’t high enough….

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

I am sure that more levels will be released. I am just happy that Anet gave us an option to really test our PVE skills. This is the best thing since sliced bread!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Syringa.6830

Syringa.6830

( did not read all of the posts)

I am not complaining that people don’t want to repeat lower lvls or are only inviting people to group with the same lvl dungeon. I saw that coming, once I learned each player would progress their own lvl.

What I want to point out ( which I sure has been stated before) if you don’t progress with the “smart people” wave you will have a horrible time. I understand that pugs are horrible to begin with but if you spread out the skilled players/ ok players/ and the brain dead players in this fashion, lvl 1 fractals pugs ARE UNBEARABLE. I started to try this dungeon late in the event, second day, mainly because I have issues with the new gear. But that’s a different topic

The pug people I grouped with had issues with the game’s basic game mechanics, like dodging, kiting, and resing people. I like to think I am a good player, I like to think I am a great player once I know how the dungeon works. I know in skill base I am way past lvl 1. But I have yet found a group that had enough brain cells to complete lvl 1.

I know I being harsh but I am super frustrated and pissed about this. Twice I have been in a group where me and 1-2 players did BETTER or as good then 5 players together during the boss fights.

In other dungeons you get those really bad pugs with people who just don’t have a clue. But those people are also mixed in with the players who are good and have run the dungeon before and just want get a pug together. So the over all experience is good/ok. When skill is just so defined and separated by progression, it is back to raiding in other MMOs which I hated. You are either in a good guild that’s organized or you are stuck in pug hell.

I wouldn’t mind doing a solo version that gave no loot but progressed my lvl so I could join higher lvl groups. At least I could get to my actual skill lvl and not some social lvl determined by if I have a lot of friends or luck in pugs.

I don’t need to be “run” through a lvl or have the dungeon be easy mode. I just want to be able to play and complete the content. And in dungeons you can’t do it by your self. And making most of the good players not want to play with you really hinders that.

Wasn’t the promotions or idea of this game was all about being able to play with people you want to play with and not letting lvl or gear get in the way of that? This just throws s**t all over that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Definition of SELFISH

I’m level 1 and instead of making a full group of level 1, I demand that level 9 group here that is missing one member to grind me up my fractals level.

Is that selfish enough for you?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

All you need to unlock level 2 difficulty is beat 3 of those stories in a row. With extremely bad team it will take you what? 2 hours at most. And it’s way harder to find people for lower level than higher levels of the dungeon. Your whining is pointless. Maybe there is a problem with your server and its inactivity? Also, you don’t need a guild, it’s pointless. Pugs are usually better anyway, especially at higher levels, because they tried hard to get there and they got experience and skill doing it.
Stop crying and make your own lvl 1 team and you’ll unlock lvl 2 and then higher levels in no time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

This is the same complaining that comes in every single MMORPG and every single sport.

Have you not learned yet? Life is not fair, never will be, not in RL, not in games. When you start an activity, you do so along the other beginners, you don’t jump immediately in the best team. That’s not how it works.

in The Lost Shores

BadHealer.3608

Well, I’m level 3 now. I did search 2 hours for a level 3 team, 1 hours for a level 2 and half an hour for level 1. Than I could finally run level 1 (and take two hours of it, because of the bad team).

That makes 5.5 hours for level one that gives me 1/3 of the reward that I would get, if I would run level 3 (yes, that is one fractal).

I really see no reason how this will encourage player to take lower ones with them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

well, its good that we are leaving all the non-hardcore players behind for the sake of character progression! if you don’t like it well, arenanet told us to do so! too bad!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Syringa.6830

Syringa.6830

Rezz,

I am not whining or crying at anything. I am frustrated. 3 groups, one only lasted 30 mins but the others lasted 2-3 hours. None of them completed lvl 1. one got to the third fractal but could not take down the last boss do to stupidity and lack of basic knowledge of how this game works by 3 of the players.

Like I said I do not expect people to run a dungeon they don’t get something out of it. I was merely pointing out that if you limit the pool of players who have reason to run it, it will become harder to fine viable groups for it. A problem can not be fixed with out being known and voiced.

Yes in other MMO’s it is hard to fine groups for lower lvls. Because there is no point for a higher lvl character to go back to them. This proves my point. I find lots lower lvl dungeon groups all the time in GW2, becasue GW2 promotes a wild range of players to want to play lower lvl dungeons. There is a reason high lvl characters to go back and do them because they still get gold, exp, karma, and tokens for gear. . AC and CM, the lowest lvl dungeons are easy to get a group. There is no reason other then just not liking that dungeon or wanting tokens from a different one, to not run it. I have had terrible AC runs where no one knew what to do and then I have had runs where the players have ran it a 20 times and it was great. The fractals dungeon wont have that. No player is going to run lvl 1 over and over again like they would for other dungeon explorer modes.

I know life is not fair and not every pug will make it. But I can see how the current set up promotes a worst unequal situation.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Meh, took 10 minutes to find a level 4 pug, and we went all the way to 7 without losing or stopping.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Just a heads up to be sure everyone is on the same track.

FoTM difficulty does NOT reset. Check the dev tracker.

basicly.. get a guild… get to grinding… or gtfo

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I’m wondering what people will do after the weekend when we will be less able to hop onto overflow servers to look for more people and keep the lvl 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,etc… requirement they are looking for. The mechanic, unfortunately is spreading out the limited player base. This isn’t about being in a good guild yada yada. This is about finding pick up players being much harder.

in The Lost Shores

Isslair.4908

If it would be too hard to find relevant level group, then hardcore players will adapt and lower their demands.
That’s how you need to play it – adapting to situation. Not always whining on forums.

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Nageth.5648

If it would be too hard to find relevant level group, then hardcore players will adapt and lower their demands.
That’s how you need to play it – adapting to situation. Not always whining on forums.

Yup, because I haven’t lowered my demands…oh wait I don’t make arbitrary demands in lfg because I’m playing this game for fun. Call it whining, but trying to make and get into the instance can be a multi-hour event if you don’t get lucky. I prefer to call this asking for a design choice to be reconsidered to help fix some issues. But feel free to feel superior because of xyz choice. There is nothing better than whining about people whining. Sheesh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BurningCrow.9816

BurningCrow.9816

I’m level 60 and have not hit a dungeon yet. I suspect by the time I hit 80 there will be numerous new dungeons put into the game. I’m a slow leveler due to two kids and a full time job running my own business. Oh and I got a late start on Mac. So I always just wrote off ever getting into a dungeon and that never bothered me. If I get to do one then cool but if not it doesn’t bother me. Is there a queue system to get into a dungeon? Seems like that would fix some concerns people have.

in The Lost Shores

Nageth.5648

I’m level 60 and have not hit a dungeon yet. I suspect by the time I hit 80 there will be numerous new dungeons put into the game. I’m a slow leveler due to two kids and a full time job running my own business. Oh and I got a late start on Mac. So I always just wrote off ever getting into a dungeon and that never bothered me. If I get to do one then cool but if not it doesn’t bother me. Is there a queue system to get into a dungeon? Seems like that would fix some concerns people have.

They have said that an lfg queue system is low on their priority list. I doubt it will be in by the time you decide you want to do a dungeon (I wouldn’t be afraid to do a story mode dungeon if you can get a group for it, they’re relatively easy and fun).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

Before yesterday, I spent 10-12 hours in fractals for the first time with a pug. I lost track of time while having a blast and reached lvl 5. The rewards were nice too. It was new for us so it took some time to learn things.

Yesterday, I started again at lvl 1 to help guildies, and it took less than 3 hours to get them to lvl 3, mainly because I knew almost all the encounters. It will not be uncommon for people to do this to help guildies, so find a good guild.

The rewards were almost the same, albeit more chance for better items the higher lvl you go. Also the number of tokens was the same (x5 per chest). However, at one time you get a bonus (I got it one time in each run: my first party all got x40 bonus tokens, while I got 20. In the second time, my whole party, including me, got 20. so, I guess it maybe random.)

And btw, I did not experience much difference in difficulty either.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gillyweeds.7940

Gillyweeds.7940

It’s as if no one has ever or ever will create alts.

Stop being so whiny. People will be running all different difficulty levels at all times.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

I see a lot of annoyingly thoughtless replys on here so I just feel the need to point out at how much turmoil there is for many servers still.

Guilds: Some of them disband, some of them get destroyed, some move servers right after you join them.

Population: Not every server consistently has enough people in LA to cause players to go into Overflow, and not all those people will be doing Fractals on different toons.

This dungeon does become a problem when faced with the fact that there are indeed selfish and elitist Groups that quickly form and gate or bar their time from anyone attempting to catch up or join them at the top. Coupled with the Res greifing, DC’s, and several bugs that are pretty nasty.. this Dungeon is lovely but it needs some tweaks to stay consistent with the rest of the Gw2 game design of “Skill over numbers every time”

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

What the puppy gave you the idea that GW2 should promote pug play? Was it the lack of LFG system? Or maybe the lack of a match-maker? Or could it have been the lack of inter-channel/map communication? Obviously this dungeon was supposed to promote social play. As in, talking to others, being part of a group and, well, knowing people. You choose to rely on a system that’s not even in the game and then complain about players being selfish, because they’d rather do what they want to do instead of doing what you want to do. How does that even remotely make sense?! Seriously, I’m as anti-social as it gets and still had no problem getting 3 lvl 7 guildies to run lvl1-5 with me. And the guild I’m in only has 20-ish members total….

in The Lost Shores

Nageth.5648

What the puppy gave you the idea that GW2 should promote pug play? Was it the lack of LFG system? Or maybe the lack of a match-maker? Or could it have been the lack of inter-channel/map communication? Obviously this dungeon was supposed to promote social play. As in, talking to others, being part of a group and, well, knowing people. You choose to rely on a system that’s not even in the game and then complain about players being selfish, because they’d rather do what they want to do instead of doing what you want to do. How does that even remotely make sense?! Seriously, I’m as anti-social as it gets and still had no problem getting 3 lvl 7 guildies to run lvl1-5 with me. And the guild I’m in only has 20-ish members total….

Have you been paying attention to the rest of the game? Mobs? Loot? XP? They’re shared (heck, in the first couple weeks there were people who gave high end loot to random people in the same zone with them if they couldn’t use it). Quests? Done dynamically with others to achieve a common goal. Healing and rezzing? They give you xp to give you a benefit for helping someone out.

Fractal levels? I’ve got mine, go find someone to run at whatever arbitrary level I’m not at. Do you see the disconnect here? There needs to be a system to encourage people working together beyond thinking how can I get the most loot for myself as fast as possible?