Investigation by Miyani bugged?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HelveticaScenario.6485

HelveticaScenario.6485

I’m seriously angry at the 3-4 hours of my weekend I wasted because of this uncompleteable quest and the bugs in the other “one day” and “one time only” events. An apology doesn’t really cut it. If you’re going to do time-sensitive events that force us to reschedule our lives around them if we want to fully take part in the game, you need better QA than this.

I can’t think of a single part of the weekend’s dynamic events that’s actually been enjoyable. I’ll still be playing on and off, but I’ll no longer recommend the game to my friends unless things seriously improve.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

There were some events that we could not extend past Phase 1, unfortunately. Extending all events in Phase 1 would have been a much more extensive fix, requiring much more time to thoroughly regress. Given the time sensitive nature of the event, we extended what portions we were able to effectively.

Our developers are reading all of your feedback and are taking all the critiques on board.

We apologize that this means that folks are not able to complete the Miyani chain.

My response is this. Future events should be spread out over all locations so that people are not clustered up. Clustered up groups simply create events similar to the Plinxx Dynamic Event. They aren’t fun events since it’s just simply AOE auto attacks.

Another suggestion is to have the events in which groups could then go into Instance areas meaning it’s just groups of 5 to 25 (meaning 5 groups of 5) so that it reduces lag and allows the developers to create events for smaller groups and allow it to have cleaner amounts of techniques and strategies.

I also suggest you look at dynamic events that are like Skill point events. You guys have still not gotten this cleaned up and fixed.

I would say that having cleaner and smaller group events would create a better feel for the events.

Having massive groups all crowded together does not make this feel epic. It instead just creates lack of connection to the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Our developers are reading all of your feedback and are taking all the critiques on board.

Then here’s some feedback from a long time fan of Guild Wars: This sucks. Don’t do things like this again.

While the new zone is nice and the new dungeon is nifty, then one-time event and time-limited quest aspects of this weekend have so far been rather unenjoyable for me.
- I don’t enjoy missing events because they only happen once at a time when I have real life obligations (such as my job).
- I don’t enjoy not being able to complete quests because they’re riddled with bugs.
- Even without bugs, I don’t enjoy being pressured to complete these in such a short period of time. (24 hours really isn’t that long. I would rather have several days to a week, like with the Halloween stuff.)
- I don’t enjoy standing around doing nothing waiting for a one-time event that finally happens 50 minutes after it was scheduled to. (And then when it actually happened, there was so much chaos, knockdown, death, and confusion that I only managed to kill a single Karka and only got Bronze for the event.)
- I don’t enjoy quest steps that end up being dozens of players standing on top of an NPC waiting for the event to rerun. And when it does, the battle is over in seconds.
- I don’t enjoy hanging onto potentially useless quest items because it’s unclear whether or not they’ll have some purpose in a further quest step. (Sometimes they’re cute and add a little flavor to it all. But please either make it obvious that they’ll be needed or else have them automatically removed upon finishing their relevant quest step. My inventory space is valuable to me, please don’t abuse it.)

I do appreciate that you’re giving us new content and all. But that “thanks for the effort” feeling only goes so far in the face of so many quest/event breaking bugs. At this point I feel like there must be some fundamental flaw in the way this game’s quest/event logic works because we really should not be experiencing this many problems. Personally I would rather wait for those flaws to be fixed, than to get new content sooner but with so many bugs like this time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Driftasaurus.1845

Driftasaurus.1845

There were some events that we could not extend past Phase 1, unfortunately. Extending all events in Phase 1 would have been a much more extensive fix, requiring much more time to thoroughly regress. Given the time sensitive nature of the event, we extended what portions we were able to effectively.

We apologize that this means that folks are not able to complete the Miyani chain.

I am pretty disappointed that I could not compelte the Miyani Chain, I spent nearly all day yesterday waiting for the Canach bug to be fixed to complete Inspector Ellen Kiel’s part of phase 1, and there was no fix to that problem until the next day. I expected the phase 1 extension to allow players to actually complete every part of the phase 1 event because of the npcs being bugged. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it if you can take the time to allow us to finish the Miyani Chain.

[Commander] Zandon – Warrior
Zandarr The Legend – Guardian | My Curse – Necromancer
Officer Of Primordus Virtus [RISE] Sanctum Of Rall Bronze Raider

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pinn.6714

Pinn.6714

This event has been a total botch up from beginning to end. After the devs finish putting together what is left of this sorry mess there should be a full in house accounting. This is worse than not having an event at all. It reflects poorly on the brand.

Game status and what is working and what is not should be reported IN GAME so people don’t have to waste their time waiting around for bugged stages to get fixed.

Phase II was so poorly deployed, people didn’t know what was even happening until half way through and thought the encounter was bugged. No direction. A cut scene or DE would have been nice directing people on who to follow to the ship.

(edited by Pinn.6714)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m just shaking my head at this.

The same patch that fixed the bugged NPC required to finish Phase 1 of the Scavenger Hunt also deactivated access to Phase 2 of the Scavenger Hunt.

Do I have to point out how incredibly stupid this is?

Not only do you give players barely enough time to figure out what the hell is going on and what quests were actually added, they then bug out half the time and you still deny people progression…because?

Really…because what?

Why can’t you just give people the whole weekend to do the quest-chain? What’s this uncanny obsession with 24 hour time-sets? It’s bad and it doesn’t make sense.

I really doubt there’s a voice of reason in ANet currently. None of the stuff you pulled off this weekend makes any sense.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mechrophilia.6987

Mechrophilia.6987

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I’ve been running around trying to figure out why I couldn’t progress in this questline, thinking I had missed something.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

For three months now we’ve been complaining about bad event scaling (low health) and bugged NPCs. Then they added Noll. Which just proves that they didn’t learn a bit and they’ll never learn. Not even the most basic concepts. Some important people left ANet after GW1 was released, it’s a different company now. I just resigned. I doubt this will get better.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Angelavenger.9614

Angelavenger.9614

I also wish I’d seen this thread earlier. I’ve been trying to get that kitten largos for hours now wondering why it wasn’t working. This makes me sad since i had everything else and just needed him and he was bugged, and now gone.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Just mail us the updates we don’t have npc’s for.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Worst Crow.3972

Worst Crow.3972

so what im getting out of this is “were sorry that you didn’t get to complete the event ,wasted your time and gold trying to complete it”.

“better luck next beta event”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zsadistic.2176

Zsadistic.2176

Unacceptable. Aside from what I could easily bullet point on the fails, why would you fix one step only to not make it to where players can proceed any just a couple steps later and not have any plans to correct it all? You wasted more of my time and I had items in my inventory sitting there taking up space. At this point, even with it looking bleek, I hesitate to delete the items.

At least, IN GAME, in a mail message, say that you screwed up and let us know not to waste any more time on any of it. While I don’t expect there to never be problems, even big screw-ups, I do expect communication. I expect clarity.

Biggest event fail ever (maybe not but that’s sure what I’m thinking right now).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fulcrum.1084

Fulcrum.1084

I can understand people being annoyed that they wasted time doing part of this, but I can’t see why anyone would be upset simply for not getting to do it. The reward is pitiful (only 5 Council tokens), and there wasn’t anything interesting about the 3 npc encounters either. Also it definitely didn’t cost any gold.

And to be fair, they posted info this morning that Noll would be fixed later, and that quest extended, but not this one.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Worst Crow.3972

Worst Crow.3972

I can understand people being annoyed that they wasted time doing part of this, but I can’t see why anyone would be upset simply for not getting to do it. The reward is pitiful (only 5 Council tokens), and there wasn’t anything interesting about the 3 npc encounters either. Also it definitely didn’t cost any gold.

i spent about 50s using the wps checking and rechecking the npcs

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I tried to do the largos event this morning before phase 2 started and it was still bugged. I read the post about what would be needed to progress to phase 2 and had all those done, but I’m still pissed that this stuff wasn’t working from the instant that it was implemented.

I really want to know if I should keep the event items I do have or are they totally useless now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: toothlessgrin.5360

toothlessgrin.5360

Spent bout 10s before realising they removed saballa..

So this means we cant go to southsun cove?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dogo.4691

Dogo.4691

I’m just annoyed in general at all the bugs and my inability to complete the events. I like to judge how “interesting” an encounter is for myself, but I don’t get to. Being shorted on event tokens is just salt in the wound.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agamemnon.3620

Agamemnon.3620

ANet response about it sounds like “Without month fee, we have no obligations with you”. I play this game since head start and back now with this new event, they don’t fixed anything on event scripting. I don’t know what is wrong with ANet and their developers, I’m backing to WoW.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

This is just silly, BOTH paths were bugged, you fix one (or fail to, as it seems) and DISABLE the other? Now I STILL can’t access either.

What a terribly planned event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

Spent bout 10s before realising they removed saballa..

So this means we cant go to southsun cove?

you can go to south cove no matter if you did or not those quests…

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Plus some silver for being oneshot by invisible enemies.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RedShadow.8371

RedShadow.8371

I don’t post much so coming here to give my opinion is a big deal for me. I’m very disappointed in the one time events idea since my work schedule requires me to be away from this game on Sundays which is apparently when the major one time events are going to occur. I was excited to participate in the one time events on Friday and Saturday until they actually occurred. I encountered the same problem of lag and confusion of what to do. Friday’s events were so bugged (NPCs not working) that I stopped trying to progress until today when they were apparently fixed. Then I come to find out that the broken quest line isn’t available anymore because it would be too much work to fix. At this point, I am okay missing this great event tomorrow since these last two were just embarrassing.

A company who isn’t afraid to learn from their failures, and this certainly was a failure, would do the right thing and come out publicly with an apology and explanation. I left Rift for this game. Rift is well known for their dynamic and special events. At one point, they had a finale to a special event that turned out to be a one time deal that literally lasted 20 minutes or less. The outrage on the forums looked just like this. Trion came out a couple days later with a public apology admitting that their event was a failure and that they owed their customers more. They went on to say that they would continue to try new things and these failures would be determining factors into the development of future events. I was hoping that you all would have learned from your failure with the Halloween one time event. Not only did you not learn, you have repeated your failure three fold (this event has 3 one time events). There is post after post in thread after thread about letting your players down. You justify your decisions with garbage about how Sunday at Noon PST is when you have the most players online. You won’t satisfy every player but you should at least try. You’re basically telling those players that don’t play at the peak times that you don’t care about them.

I will end with a praise: The Fractal dungeons are outstanding. I found myself thrilled after my first run through. I had a guild mate exclaim my exact thoughts while progressing through the one with the jumping and the mouse or kitten robots – “Now this is what a dungeon should be like!” Some of the mechanics and bosses are easy and some are difficult or frustrating which is exactly how it should be. The escalator of death was awesome. The reflect mirror tentacle guy was ridiculous. I sure hope these aren’t temporary because I can’t wait to see how the progression mechanic works.

Regards,

Red

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Was trying to solve this myself but I can’t find any tips in the Sworn Statement from Canach (after Noll and Canach was fixed today) to go to a general NPC who has been at the forge since release. Besides, although there is star symbol on her, since the only information you received about her is the donation thing, you took it for granted that you talked to her to buy the donation package. That’s all.

There is NOTHING in the game to tell you that she starts an investigation or follows the chains of the phase 1 investigation. You expect us to find this out within a few hours searching thing BLINDLY? We had to seek dulfy’s info to get the help. That’s why most of us not doing the Miyani’s investigation while we stuck on Noll or Canach. Not to mention that we also saw a lot of bugged reports on the forum about NPCs stuck in the Miyani’s chain that we thought we would encounter in the next step.

Now you just disable them and say “Sorry, it is gone.”? The first word that crosses my mind is “Irresponsible”. Not even consideration on enabling them again? Just “It’s over!”? Unbelievable.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zmija.7680

zmija.7680

Hey!

I will try to provide my constructive criticism while taking into account great strides that you try to make with the game. I’m by no means a computer gaming programmer and don’t know much about making and maintaining a MMO, so you can picture it’s hard for me to imagine all the stuff that you have to go through and cope with.

I realised not long ago or even before the release of this game that with as much of hype that it had it would be hard to please all the people joining in and even harder to keep them. It was a no brainer and shouldn’t be unimaginable that some of them would get really pissed if something would not work as intended. This kind of stuff happens in every game nowadays since the scope of programming that needs to be done is way bigger then it was years ago.

Now that we have the circumstances behind our backs let’s get to the meaty stuff.
Since I’m a gamer and a GW2 player I too am a little pissed and saddened that you handled this event so poorly. I won’t try to point fingers since that is not so important and will only do more damage. I think you as a whole team should re-evaluate your principles, get your act together once again and strive to maintain that level of competence.

Your game is still one of the best if not the best in the genre. The new dungeon(s) is/are the best I’ve seen in any game to this date, very entertaining, challenging, diverse, worth of numerous repeats, albeit being a bit bugged (get disconnected and not being able to get inside with the team you played with and progressing from where you left).

I won’t comment on this event from tech perspective, all I’ll say is that for me it was a step-down from Mad King event. Saying that I as much as others that didn’t get the fair chance to complete the phase 1 would be delighted to get some compensation instead.

And for last thoughts I’ll try to be a little handy so you might benefit something from my comment. You would probably want to check this link, since it may include some valuable viewpoints (they are somehow similar to yours and you may find some that you could benefit from).

Thank you for your continued effort to please us as your game fans! I’m sure that many still remember that you are just humans that make mistakes here and there. You are doing a great job nonetheless!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

Don’t fret too much about the scavenger hunt, the reward was only 5 tokens you get from making donations.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Translation: we were flat out lying when we said we were gonna extend Phase 1, because we figured by the time you all realized that, Phase 2 would be out and most of you would stop caring about Phase 1. You should be thankful we bothered to fix anything.

Translation: Because kitten you, that’s why. It’s not like anything bad is gonna happen to us as a result of this debacle.

Translation: So sorry. QQ moar.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Let me preface this with I’m not normally a negative person and I always avoid being critical in this way by speaking in a demanding way. But I think after what has happened with this event on top of track history of the problems since game launch this is justified speaking my mind in this way as this whole mess could have been avoided.

I’m sorry but your (official arenanet?) answer isn’t an acceptable answer to the problem. This whole event was one giant bug mess. What ya’ll needed to do was stop the event in it’s tracks publicly acknowledge you way underestimate what would happen when it went live and state that the update will be delayed so you can do it right. One official reply admitted ya’ll already began design of the event at or before the game launched and didn’t know anything would go wrong with it until halloween event showed what would go wrong. Yet ya’ll went ahead and released it anyways very likely knowing there would be tons event breaking problems with it. And so we get this “you don’t want to miss it” one time weekend event that even though we are present for it we still “MISS” it.

So here is what needs to be done. Fix the event and have a second play of the event so that we all get to enjoy it fully every single piece of it as we were intended to experience. I can’t believe but a small fraction of the already small fraction of players who actually attended the event got to experience it without a problem (after all even highest only about 15% based on research statistics). Both Noll and Saballa were bugged out and we couldn’t do them within minutes of getting the info to go to them right after the initial event completed. And remained bugged since.

OR……

Provide detailed videos of the complete game play of the event from beginning to end of all these NPCs and their dialog output variations and then spawn the rewards for everyone so we also get the rewards we couldn’t get because of all the bugs. At least that way we can experience the event second hand which is almost as good as getting to do the stuff yourself. But not quite as good because it’s more fun to do than to see. Obviously the redo of the whole event after it is fixed would be doing the right thing by the community. Since ya’ll should have delayed release to avoid all these problems that appear to have been known likely would happen and went forward with it anyways.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaheira Kattalakis.8413

Jaheira Kattalakis.8413

At this point I have to agree with Stormy Dragon. Sad but true T_T

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LinkNiflheim.7906

LinkNiflheim.7906

(Sorry if my english is bad)
Here you have another feedback that ANet needs: These kind of things made good game franchises ruin it all the way they did, because now “The Lost Shores” event will be remember forever as one of the worst MMO event administration (at least in my case and other players I talked about it).
– One time events that suppose to be EPIC and UNIQUE ( you sell it as this) and then is too laggy and not fun (and not unique, because we live with lag, bugs and exploits from the beginning of the game).

- Quest chains that cannot be finished for external problems (yes, because of your <ANet> fault).

Now I don’t think the problem is this event, the problem will be with next event, should be Christmas, which have to be really good or enjoyable, not for the actual players (which seems to be ignored these days btw), but for the new players will come on holidays. Good luck with that, you’ll really need it. Now people feel dissapointed and will see the Christmas event as a “must be laggy or frustrating” instead of a “must do”.

This time you need to confess it to the public, you really did it bad. Deal with it.
Regards and good luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Holiday.4376

Holiday.4376

Sorry guys, but I hear nothing but kitten here. I understand that everyone is frustrated, so am I. I didn’t get to see the event after being in the overflow for an hour, nor did I get to complete the phase 1 chain.

But it’s a work in progress. Anet is going out of their way to try new ideas to make our game fresh and exciting. And it’s free.

Yes, free.

You bought gems? That was your choice to purchase, no one said you had to, to be able to play the game.

You paid for the game? Show me on the “box” where it says “Lost Shores Content Included”.

I get everyone is upset, so am I; a lot of you, however, are going a bit far with it. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. There will be other content down the road, and hopefully Anet uses this as a learning experience for future content pushes.

Hell, we still have the last act tomorrow, who knows what Anet has in store for us. It could be the thing that we’re all waiting for. Who, other than Anet, knows?

Remember, this isn’t some faceless organization like EA – these people genuinely love their game, these are people with a passion, working weekends to further better your experience. Lets give them some benefit of doubt before we storm their headquarters.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

This is starting to feel like Rift’s first event only repeated over and over. These bugs need to be taken care of and it needs to be taken into account when discussing time-sensitive events.

I couldn’t complete phase one simply because Subdirector Noll and Canach were both bugged. Now I’m being penalized and left out of a portion of the event when similar problems cropped up for Mad King (and were subsequently extended as far as I understood).

My faith in these events are waning pretty quickly simply because it’s getting difficult to be able to participate since roadblocks that are beyond MY control (on top of things like work and other obligations that every adult has) are stopping me from being able to progress in these things.

Holiday.4376:
Regardless of whether or not there will be other content, the fact that these are “Once in a Lifetime” events doesn’t allow for the excuse of “there will be others” because this won’t happen again for THIS event. Rewards are missed (even if they aren’t important), story is lost (it’s not the same to see it on youtube or read about it), and frankly means that you miss out.

You either make it available and let people participate, or you put a cover charge to make sure people can be hired to ensure it’s QA. I fully understand it’s not easy to create content, but why do it badly so it looks bad and people don’t get to see it?

(edited by Freyar.3254)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siks.1978

Siks.1978

This was the most disappointing thing since i started playing gw2… did it even last 24hrs open?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: spelljammer.3214

spelljammer.3214

As someone stated earlier in LA chat… ‘MoP sure starting to look appealing more and more right now.’ the GW2 player community deserves better. We were told that phase one would be extended. To any reasonable person, that means it’s going to be extended so that we can complete and progress onto phase two. It’s a complete failure to fix Noll, and then learn via a BP-esque ’We’re sorry’ tweet , that’s where your adventure stops on this event because of poor implementation on ANets part…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Are you kidding me?

So phase 1 bugs out rather early, and with no real in-game information provided by Anet, people stop at Noll because you guys (late last night) post saying Noll will be extended.

So people stop in phase 1 not realizing other parts of phase 1, that seem like they should happen subsequent to Noll’s quest, are actually totally different things that could be done at the same time, but are also bugged.

Come the next day, when you extend Noll, you choose to NOT extend the other quest because it’d be too much work?

And you only announce this well after people find out in-game (with the time spent and frustration gained) on the forums?

If you want some critiques, here’s a few:

1 – One time events should work the one time they run.

2 – Information should be provided in-game instead of via Twitter, Facebook or the forums.

3 – Don’t be so stuck on an artificial timeline for any future events. This is a sequence of 3 one time events, and so far 2 of them (for many/most people) haven’t worked properly. Will tomorrow’s work? Hyping something to “not be missed” and then having it fail only makes you guys look bad.

4 – Information like that in your post that I quoted should be provided BEFORE people waste time finding it out.

This pretty much sums up my opinions of these events, as fun as they might be its entirely ruined by the completely FAILED delivery.

1- LAG. Not only were the Karka really tough, but with the huge lag from the events it was even harder. To be honest the lag itself dwindled a bit today, compared with yesterday, although, either some other issue, or a increase in pop, made me fight mob names and red arrows, instead of actual mobs (but that’s my crappy computer’s fault though).

2- Bugs. Seriously, bugged quests SHOULDN’T be so common place on a game. I mean last week all of the meta-events on Cursed Shore were stuck. And sadly these issues spread out onto these short-lived events, which ruins the experience. Deal with the inconsistencies causing quests to lock out so often and you might have a better game.

3- That guy is so right. Would it be so hard to give some clues in-game? I mean we had a constant message on the “quest tracker”, the NPCs were vague at best. Couldn’t you add steps on the “quest tracker” like with other events or the story line, so we could track the objectives as we go.

Anyhow, next time make kitten sure the event is working properly when you launch something. Either that or get these things going longer, like a week or so… I mean if you do them 3 days, if something goes wrong (like on this one) you won’t have the time to properly fix the issues (like with this).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sycle.2749

Sycle.2749

While I am disappointed and feel that even if it is a big fix that needs to be done, it should be done. The main problem here was miscommunication. I completely quit trying phase one because I was led to believe while Noll was bugged I would not be able to progress any further and the way that the information was given on phase 1 as well as how it appeared it was put together with map fragments and other items I was led to believe I had to have other items to progress further period. I thought I needed an item from Noll that would send me to the other parts of phase 1.

(edited by Sycle.2749)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lady.2106

lady.2106

Given that Anet were kind enough to extend the Halloween event, it would be nice if they did the same with phase 2 of this one.

Personally I was attempting to do the quests straight after the first event, and even then on my server (Desolation) Noll was bugged. Granted I wasn’t going to camp the place, but I get the impression it was bugged fully after what? An hour or so? I might have that wrong, but the few times I went back he was bugged, and it sounds like the sylvari in Kessex Hills and the largos were bugged too.

Now, it’s not that I really mind a time sensitive event, but having a quest incompleteable and then being told “sorry” is a bit disappointing. When they said they were extending phase 1 I thought it would make sense to do the same with the second one. I’m just hoping they find a way to let everyone have a chance to complete it.

Aside from that, both of the one time events and the new zone are very nice.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: decoy.9037

decoy.9037

You could have delayed Phase 2 entirely until Phase 1 was working right. As it stands Phase 1 was pretty much skipped for most of us. Fitting the whole event into three days shouldn’t take priority over making sure the phases work correctly and people are given time (a day) to complete them.

Also the announcement didn’t state that Gukumatz would be removed too. Not only did you push past the bugged phase and keep people from seeing it, but officials here gave out faulty information on what would be removed for Phase 2.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/The-Lost-Shores-phase-1-update/page/7#post773343

(edited by decoy.9037)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Largo bugged on main and overflow servers for me and couldn’t finish. Quite upset not to have the chance to finish.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Id like to also mention what a delight the Fractal dungeon is APART from the difficulty mechanic which I personally think has the potential to split up the playerbase. I also think that the Phase 2 event and subsequent ‘evolution’ of Southsun Cove event was a masterstroke and one of the best things ive seen in any MMO (a small gripe would be that no one knew when the event finished and were left hanging at the end).

Ok praise over im afraid. I am usually not one to moan, im one to praise but I feel some constructive criticism is needed here. The lag for the phase 1 event should have been anticipated and dealt with in testing, and the way in which the unresponsive quest NPCs were dealt with was poor in my opinion. I, like many others, came across the bugged Canach and it took away a large chunk of the magic, a large part of the immersion for me. I like getting wrapped up in events but this reminded me that I was merely playing a game and that id given my weekend away to do so. Canach got fixed within a day and I immersed myself in the event again. I then ran into the bugged NPCs of the Miyani quest. Again immersion broken but was looking forward to a fix…only to be told that because I was on a broken server I wasnt allowed to do the quest (ie: no fix, NPCs deleted). This to me is unacceptable for a major event. A fix shouldve been done as there was plenty of time between the bug being reported and the end of the phase. Many have mentioned the reward being only 5 commendations…this is besides the point. Keep the reward, I was doing it for the immersive fun and the fact I record for my youtube channel.

Lessons need to be learnt here because I think GW2 is going to have an issue going forward. These events draw people in but after two events that havent gone exactly to plan there will be many questioning whether future events will be worth attending. I cant see into the future but its common sense to think that a game relying so heavily on monthly events and then releasing buggy content is going to lose players.

Id like to finish with the fact that im pleased with the additions and the majority of the event, but that the bugs and issues have disappointed me a little and in my opinion improvements need to be made to keep OTHERS in the game. Im happy with playing GW2 for a while yet…just am a little worried by what ive seen in game and have read on the forums.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TerryLong.9561

TerryLong.9561

Very disappointing. Count me as +1 who wasted some money on WP’s.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: idLock.1968

idLock.1968

Sorry guys, but I hear nothing but kitten here. I understand that everyone is frustrated, so am I. I didn’t get to see the event after being in the overflow for an hour, nor did I get to complete the phase 1 chain.

But it’s a work in progress. Anet is going out of their way to try new ideas to make our game fresh and exciting. And it’s free.

Yes, free.

You bought gems? That was your choice to purchase, no one said you had to, to be able to play the game.

You paid for the game? Show me on the “box” where it says “Lost Shores Content Included”.

I get everyone is upset, so am I; a lot of you, however, are going a bit far with it. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. There will be other content down the road, and hopefully Anet uses this as a learning experience for future content pushes.

Hell, we still have the last act tomorrow, who knows what Anet has in store for us. It could be the thing that we’re all waiting for. Who, other than Anet, knows?

Remember, this isn’t some faceless organization like EA – these people genuinely love their game, these are people with a passion, working weekends to further better your experience. Lets give them some benefit of doubt before we storm their headquarters.

Nah, this is the reason I bought the game. Constant “free” updates funded by gem purchases. If I can’t have those, I have no reason to play the game. I’m uninstalling now, maybe I’ll give it a shot in a year or two. Maybe by then the bugs from launch will be fixed at least, but Anet has turned out to be a pretty amateur company so I’m not really counting on it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

3 – Don’t be so stuck on an artificial timeline for any future events.

I agree with this. I wonder why they felt it was so important to have this event on such a short and inflexible time schedule? What would it have hurt to have planned ahead to make sure that each phase was able to be completed before moving on to the next phase?

It feels like the fast food drive-through equivalent of gaming, where quality isn’t as important as the speed with which you get people through the line, and if some people don’t get what they ordered, then oh well, sorry about that. Better luck next time.

A ticking clock event that I might get halfway through before the ability to finish it is snatched away from me feels punitive right from the get-go and is not even remotely my idea of fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Megadonut.6180

Megadonut.6180

I missed out on Miyani too. Definitely a lot of wasted time.

Would also like to add so much was made out of this release and it overshadows many parts of the rest of the game. Every player was focused on this and the bugs, it was difficult to get groups together to do anything else.

The Arah areas has been pretty quiet since Friday and it just adds to the frustration this whole event has caused.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Merrydew.4079

Merrydew.4079

I thoroughly and intensely dislike not having some kind of clue chain to follow. I don’t care if the devs thought it would be fun to say “Ready, set, go!” without some guide, letter, or even reasking the question to the NPC, I hate it.

And then the bugged quests… enough people have discussed this so I will just ask, “Did you by any stretch of the imagination have your alpha testers go through this first or did you just come up with the idea during hurricane Sandy and decide to run with it?” much angst could have been avoided had you planned this better.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

While I finished this quest on 2 characters, the third was disappointingly unable to click the chest or make meaningful action result from talking to Fadh. The Lagos item was unobtainable on my 3rd character.
I know the only reward from this quest was 5 Captain’s Council Commendations, and Captain’s Council Commendations can be easily obtained via Mystic Forge. The NPC that accepts donations of Captain’s Council Commendations has 2 pages of items payed with Captain’s Council Commendations.
It was a disappointing quest from the design to the bugged results, and I got over it rather quickly. Its been sweeped under the rug by no longer having the NPC available to interact with. good. It was not associated with an achievement. Had it worked as designed it would have been an easy means to get 5 Captain’s Council Commendations. I can get 8 Captain’s Council Commendations with 1x Donation Packaging + 3x fine (blue) weapons (lvl 76, 79 and 80). Check wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Captain%27s_Council_Commendation and forget about the disappointing quest. Think of phase 3 and (possibly) how fun it will be to beat the map boss? Those cannons and weapon crate on the island at that one point of interest in the south west, have to be there for something BIG.
/dance

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

I’m usually pretty tolerant of bugs in MMOs. They’re giant, ridiculously complex pieces of software – of course there are going to be bugs.

This event, though, has been enormously frustrating. As far as I can see every single part of it was plagued by some kind of major bug, (often more than one) and the attempts to communicate what would and wouldn’t be working and for how long were even more confusing than the bugs.

I give up. I’m just going to pretend the new zone and dungeon (both of which are great, by the way – nice work there) opened without an event. I’ll be much happier.

Maybe a bit more testing next time?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

So we’re establishing that you had to suffer through this crap too, which makes it more mystifying that you’re brownosing anet on this one

It is not free. I have 80 bucks sunk into the game on purchasing alone.

Yes, free.

I think math lessons are in order here.

People who bought gems did so with the understanding that they’d have a fully functioning product to use them in.

Silly me. I assumed a product I purchased would work. I also made the educated assumption based on past experience that in the event of an issue ANET would address it properly with a respectful serviceful response instead of giving us vague misleading directions then blowing us off.

They didn’t learn from the last “live” event set, and made all the same mistakes here. They clearly have no interest in improving their customer service one bit.

I fully expect this event to continue not working, and I will not be surprised to miss more content because ANET screws up their execution again. I also fully expect them to spit in our faces with a non-helpful “sorry you missed it, too bad” response when it fails

They are employees, of a company, selling a product to consumers. The pride they take in it doesn’t change a thing. I’m proud of what I do every day, but no one would care how much blood, sweat, and tears I put into my work if I didn’t produce work product that did what it was supposed to.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Talon.5462

Talon.5462

That’s a shame. I was very eager to see the end of Miyani’s chain and discovering more about the karka.

I guess I can destroy the items I acquired for it, now. It is disappointing that I only had one step left but Fahd refused to budge.

Thanks for at least extending what parts you could, I was able to finish the Investigation tasks today.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Pathetic, players keep losing out through your mistakes

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Scone Expenditures.1097

Scone Expenditures.1097

Well maybe if Anet DIDNT do a 3 day event that most people cant attend or even join/complete because of its bugged coding we wouldnt be having this problem of people not being able to complete anything.
MAJOR Fail on ANETs part, i havent even been able to do the scavenger hunt because of every NPC bugging out.