Precursors, really?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

So out of lets say, 100 people who spent 3 hours or so participating in a long-chained hard event, a lucky 40% win the RNG lottery and rewarded with a precursor which nets them a sum of gold any other player would have to farm half a year for?

Zommy was fair, you had to get 4 exotics, and sacrifice them for chance, but this event? Wow, and hearing about things like people with Trial accounts walking away with Dusk, while others are getting drops worth barely 1g, horrible, terrible move, has utterly put me off playing or even making an effort, feels like half of my friends suddenly got a ‘free’ rich boost out of nowhere with me and a few others getting disgraceful rewards in comparison, severely disappointing.

Never been one to be sore about others getting lucky with drops but when its such a high percentage with some people getting left out, feels almost like I was cheated considering I put in the same time and effort, with half of the players that helped walking away with barrels of legendary treasure, while the other half watches slack-jawed and speechless and some angry too.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arklain.6429

Arklain.6429

ITT: Someone is angry someone else got lucky with rolls…that’s how RNG works…

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Please show me how you calculated 40% ? Just because some ppl were given the precursor that you gone through “hardship” to get or you are still trying to get?

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

I know that’s how RNG, works, that’s my point, RNG was a bad idea for this event, they should have made precursors guaranteed for lvl 80’s or better yet not include them AT ALL, in an event like that, exotics would have been enough, free tickets to life-time gold security for a % is not.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Same boat as OP.

To bad they dont care.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

It should never have been RNG in the first place, what a terrible decision. Precursors should have been a reward for an accomplishment, such as defeating a very difficult boss on a high level FoM- or something along those lines.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Also, I ‘guessed’ 40% simply because the sheer majority on my server at least got a precursor, there was plenty of people coming forward to say they did.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kageru.9124

Kageru.9124

Hey, at least you got to see the event and have a chance. Most people here are at work through the “one off” event.

Incredibly poorly thought out in just about every way.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

People have to much envy of others

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Puk Grum.8647

Puk Grum.8647

I consider myself reasonably savvy, but I dont know what either of ITT or RNG means. Please explain?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Funny thing about this topic is, everyone who got a precursor will post saying how those who dont are envious and that it was fair, and everyone who did not, will most likely agree that it was unfair, correct me if Im wrong but I’d say an action or move that slices between the community like this is kinda bad, I dunno about you guys but Im seeing guildies and people at each-others throats right now on my server, everything seems bitter, and tons of people are upset and disappointed.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

how can trial account get pre? my friend who did it at level 71 got nothing except 70 lvl items and that exotic shell

yesterday people where complaining on forum that low lvls got only kitteny rewards based on their level + shell

In my run yesterday no one got pre …

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KazyDesguerre.7865

KazyDesguerre.7865

I wouldn’t be as mad about the drops if I could have used some of the armor that dropped. Seriously 2 light exotics and 2 heavy rares for a Thief? Best loot ever…

Currently Playing:
Beta Wars 2.
Waiting for Guild Wars 2.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Latorn.4209

I consider myself reasonably savvy, but I dont know what either of ITT or RNG means. Please explain?

RNG means Random Number Generator- the fact that the most valuable loot in this game isn’t awarded to skillful players who work hard towards an accomplishment, but is rather completely based on lucky drops.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

LordYz.8941

I did not get a precursor and I don’t feel a need to whine. Owning 0 precursor and 0 legendary. It is just a game. There are bigger things in life to be disappointed about or to aim for.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Too bad you can’t really prove that you did not get one though, just going on your attitude though I’d say your just trying to fan some flames, so Ill respond with this.

I said this three times now, if I’m seeing people in a few of my guilds, and people on map-chat, even at this hour, basically a day after the event, at each-others throats, then something is wrong.

I gotta wonder if you would use the “Its just a game.” excuse, if say ANet decided to suddenly either take all your gold, or make your character start from level 1, humor me, just say they had their reasons, you’d be cool with that? 100%?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Drops from chests correlate to player level. So unless a trial player was able to get level 80 in 2 days they wouldn’t get a level 80 drop from a chest. The people who are spreading lies about trial players getting precursors. You have to be level 80 for the RNG to give you level 80 drop. Otherwise you get a drop similar to your level.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

Unfortunately I have to agree with OP.
It’s not about being jealous because I believe gold doesn’t mean SO much in this game but gap between people who got item worth ~300 g and those who got 1 g is too HUGE, it’s very frustrating to players who constantly struggle with lack of gold. Is it what game should be about? Frustration? I believe it’s not.

And I know people lucky enough with RNG to already have 3-4 precursors…
That’s a very bad design idea, really.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Not quite sure how taking your gold and making you start from level 1 is in ANY way relevant to someone getting an item that is an ingredient in a legendary.

Also, I don’t really care if people got them or not. I did the event on 5 different characters and none of them got a precursor. Still not envious of people who were lucky. Good on them for getting lucky, I’ll get there someday and maybe I’ll get lucky or maybe I’ll have to work. I don’t know and that’s the fun part.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Latorn.4209

Not quite sure how taking your gold and making you start from level 1 is in ANY way relevant to someone getting an item that is an ingredient in a legendary.

Also, I don’t really care if people got them or not. I did the event on 5 different characters and none of them got a precursor. Still not envious of people who were lucky. Good on them for getting lucky, I’ll get there someday and maybe I’ll get lucky or maybe I’ll have to work. I don’t know and that’s the fun part.

How exactly do you work for a precursor? Grind gold over and over, or buy it all with gems? >.>

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Grind it out and hope it drops.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Zamrai seems to be the only one that gets it, I’ts not a ‘jealousy’ or ‘envy’ issue, Im happy for the people that got a precursor, my best friend got one, and he finally got to buy the Tier 3 Cultural he wanted, I wouldnt want to take that from him, but it has left a bitter taste, knowing I worked just as hard but probably wont reach that type of goal, for month and months to come, while a % managed to suddenly get massive, boost, and the difference between the loot of people who got a precursor and those who didnt is really really huge, worth-wise.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Some people seem to forget what this does to precursor prices. Instead of being as high as 300G, they might drop well under 100G now.

…Aaand my guildie got both Colossus and Dusk out from the chest. I managed to loot it twice, but didn’t get anything worth to mention.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Down with the 1%!

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

It was a kittening joke it include precursors in the kitten chest in the first place… then make the thing buggy as kitten to where some people just waste time and nothing more or had to work, then kittening patch the kitten thing out of the game when we coud get on. I have no problem with one time events but disagree with putting the kittening top tier items in along with it bad kittening move. I kittening hate the way anet is running GW2. to bad GW1 is a kittening ghost town or I would just go back to playing that.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Leo if that were the case then wouldnt you have that same bitter taste over people who managed to get a precursor ANYWHERE? It’s not like they were handed out like candy, and even if they were the price on them won’t stay that high. Basically what you’re saying is in fact that you’re envious someone else got lucky. If I went out right now, killed a zombie in Orr, and got Dusk, would you have that bitter taste because you went out, killed a zombie in Orr, and got a grey item?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Akasuki really likes kittens

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

LordYz.8941

Too bad you can’t really prove that you did not get one though, just going on your attitude though I’d say your just trying to fan some flames, so Ill respond with this.

I said this three times now, if I’m seeing people in a few of my guilds, and people on map-chat, even at this hour, basically a day after the event, at each-others throats, then something is wrong.

I gotta wonder if you would use the “Its just a game.” excuse, if say ANet decided to suddenly either take all your gold, or make your character start from level 1, humor me, just say they had their reasons, you’d be cool with that? 100%?

We are talking about precursor . Now you throw in other stuff? This is what ppl do when they are unable to win someone in a conversation. Why not do this comparison. You bought a PC that come with 4 gb ram then this guy bought the same PC 1 week later same price and was given 8 gb ram. It is totally different from you bought a PC and the maker of the PC decided to strip your PC to just the casing. Get it? Nope? Too bad then.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I feel that the chance of getting a random precursor is a nice reward for an event that required time investment on a specific day/time that will not happen again. Very few of the precursors are the actual limiting factors for most of the playerbase that is trying to make a legendary. If someone got awarded with 100 lodestones or full stacks of T6 mats, then I think that would be reason for concern.

Knowledge is power.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Problem is they -were- handed out like candy in this event, the drop rate was as high as 25% at least, whereas in the rest of the world, and even in Zommoros MF, its as low as 1% if not lower, that’s my point, its not like 5 people out of 100 got precursors, more like 45-50 did, that’s what leaves a bitter taste, you did not have to be ‘lucky’ to get a precursor in the event, you were simply ‘unlucky’ if you didnt, which is a terrible and poorly thought out system to give players items and wealth that take months and months to acquire in normal game circumstances.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Please, cite your source that you know the drop rate was 25%. Because I know of only three people that got them and that was over the span of doing ALL my characters. Either cite a source stating the drop rate or stop pulling numbers out of thin air

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

Problem is they -were- handed out like candy in this event, the drop rate was as high as 25% at least, whereas in the rest of the world, and even in Zommoros MF, its as low as 1% if not lower, that’s my point, its not like 5 people out of 100 got precursors, more like 45-50 did, that’s what leaves a bitter taste, you did not have to be ‘lucky’ to get a precursor in the event, you were simply ‘unlucky’ if you didnt, which is a terrible and poorly thought out system to give players items and wealth that take months and months to acquire in normal game circumstances.

show me proof …
show me screenshot that from group of maybe 50 players got 25 precursors because I did not see that then I will believe you …

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I don’t care what the chances are but 3 hours for more than 100g is just bs. Instantly richer than anyone who the rgn didn’t like when others have to farm 300 hours just to do the same is completely kitten Does Anet not understand basic economics? or how things are suppose to work? Messing up the market like this is just wrong when people have their time and lives invested in it.

On top of that, I didn’t even get to do the event because of the stupid crashing and disconnects…

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Going to give you a little perspective as I have no precursor or legendary etc etc.

If everyone got a precursor it would have been a kittenupon the heads of all the legendary owners atm. For 3 hours work you get what took others weeks if not months? How does that seem fair. Now out of this the price on some precursors may drop a little bit so there is some net gain for all those seeking a legendary. The other thing to note is that while rare you can get one out of other big chest like Jormag etc so with this many people it should actually be expected. Also the whole precursor is rng with the forge anyways.

Now this is not a defense of anet. Precursors probably shouldn’t have dropped from the chest at such a high rate. Ti would have made more sense to guarantee on piece of ascended and call it a day imho. However the outrage about this is pretty much unfounded. kitten about the lag the execution or anything else but this wasn’t that big a deal.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Infidel.8412

Infidel.8412

I have played this game over 1000 hours. I’m a huge no lifer. People with half the hours played as me (or even less) have 50x more to show than I do. I’m 1/4 through getting my legendary, with no precursor yet. I don’t care that people got a precursor and I didn’t. It would have been fine…but people didn’t just get one precursor. I know a lot of people that opened that chest got TWO. That is the part that annoys me. A lot of people at least got named exotics, I am one of the people that got extremely unlucky and got some generic exotic leggings and two rares (that I salvaged for 2 ectos). Anyway, that is the part I think is unfair.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Messing up the market? By adding more of the item to the market, thus lowering the price and making them more easily obtainable? Tell me who doesn’t know anything about economics again?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

@LordYz, except it wasnt 1 week later was it? Using your comparison it was more like, me and someone else buying the same PC, for the same price, at the same time, except with him getting more ram than me.

Also, citing proof? Cite proof that it was lower than that %, oh wait, you can’t because no one knows except for ANet, me? Im speculating, how? By talking to my 3 different guilds, by having seen the map chat, with the group of people I was doing the event with and actually counting how many linked the precursors they got, what about you?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

LordYz.8941

You do know there are chat codes for precursor?

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jarv.1972

Jarv.1972

It should never have been RNG in the first place, what a terrible decision. Precursors should have been a reward for an accomplishment, such as defeating a very difficult boss on a high level FoM- or something along those lines.

So only those who can put in loads of hours can get them?

Calm Down, The event took two hours Just be happy for those who got lucky, i wasn’t one but i had a whole lot of fun with guildies killing stuff

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

I feel more sorry for us that got booted out more than once tonight and didn’t get squat.

<sarcasm>
Thanks for the one time epic event, Arenanet! It was the best fricking thing I’ve ever done in a game. It was truly epic to be dropped, get nothing to show for 2+ hours on our server, get killed repeatedly by mobs you couldn’t see, hundreds wiped in one steamroll of crabs… I mean really, I love to pay repair bills for nothing.
</sarcasm>

!http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh516/Greyhawk01/gw001.jpg!

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Thanks anet for the 3 hours i spent when the mobs dropped nothin and the big chest gave me scrub exos. What great event im sure everyone went through 3 hours of shooting something that did nothin back for 2 exos worth 15 silver and a 20 slot bag with a 25 to all stats acc that is no where near resonable. Only good thing about this ’’release’’ was the look of the map rest of the stuff is already in game and nothing new came out. Oh well. Maybe next time the stuff we need to work for is achievable through somethin else then buying a chest for 2 gold or doing an event for 3 hours.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Messing up the market? By adding more of the item to the market, thus lowering the price and making them more easily obtainable? Tell me who doesn’t know anything about economics again?

yea its like the us congress just printed more money for the heck of it. Who doesn’t love money right? It then makes money easily obtainable? tell me who doesn’t know anything about economics again?

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

This is a load of kitten. The economy will become so kittened up right now. My guild is gloating about how much gold they god through this. Its in the triple digits. Yet, I put in the same effort and all I have is 3 gold to show for it. Is this Anet’s definition of fairness?

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Probably too many people were complaining that legendaries were too hard to get so Anet decided to hand out welfare precursors.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

epicsmooth.7825

Because people have envy.

terrible argument is amazing terrible.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Arklain.6429

Amodin, they’re working on compensating those who got booted or dc that participated.

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deavon.3297

Deavon.3297

This is BS..I wasnt able to play that day so i missed event and i missed the chance of getting 300 g……… Well ill just farm that money then..See ya in a year…

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Unless I am entirely mistaken, large gold chests has always dropped precursor weapons. It’s just the fact that there were so many thousands of players doing one specific event that had a large gold chest, which resulted in a seemingly increased drop rate of these items. I do not think the rate for the precursors was any better than from any of the other large golden chests (dragon events, certain Orr events), it was just the sheer number of players involved at one given time.

I have no problem with the fact that some players got lucky while I didn’t. I am perfectly satisfied with the accessory and 20 slot box. The extra Exotics and Rare items I got were just fluff added to those two.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

epicsmooth.7825

Sooo went from 40% to 25% now….

Precursors, really?

in The Lost Shores

Leo.6817

Seems a lot of people are in the same boat as me then, also Kita, count your guild lucky, one of my guilds is caught in a massive rage war over this, half feel cheated and furious, demanding stuff etc. While the other half rile them up by rubbing their luck in.

Anyone remember Mad King’s Tower? Everyone had the same hard work cut out for them, but oh guess what, when you finished it, at last, you never felt cheated, because everyone got the same level/worth of loot, this should have been the same, with everyone getting a set criteria.