A new boss/champ and how to beat it

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

boss’s name 3 toed Tootsie
It is a nonhostile yellow moa bird that I found in the North Western area of the map running incredibly fast in circles. (kill was done with only 3 ppl things may change if more ppl enter the event.)

The Fight) To start the fight you have to stun him, doing this will make him stop running. Once he is stunned his event starts and you have 10 mins to kill him. Stay in fairly close to him to avoid one of his abilities that creates a ring around him. when you look on the event display and see a second orange bar charging up STUN HIM NOW, if you don’t he will regain all lost health and start running away at full speed. His melee attacks do hurt a bit so be careful with these.

The Loot) He dropped a special champ bag with his name on it (I didn’t get any unique rewards from it but it could contain new/unique skins or weapons.)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Living World

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Does it have to be an actual hard stun, or does any CC work? What about Defiance?

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I think knockbacks, stuns, and dazes worked, but I didn’t have any knockbacks available at the time. I don’t believe cripple or immobilize worked, and it said it was immune when I tried to start the fight originally with a temporal curtain (the pull didn’t work)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

in Living World

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

Head Shot (Thief’s pistol #4 skill) worked and was super easy. Although we didn’t get the kill cause I ditched the moa to chase the Skritt Burglar that popped up nearby so that I could get my last achievement.

But, yea, daze works, so here’s another part of this update that seems to be easy for a thief =D

in Living World

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

thanks for the great advice

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Does it have to be an actual hard stun, or does any CC work? What about Defiance?

Slows should work on him too.

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Any form of CC works.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Fear does not work on the moa unfortunately as a CC.