ANET I will love you forever...

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I think edge of the mists is a WvW “overflow”, so yeah. i think that will happen.

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

yea edge of the mist is the new wvw map

in Living World

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Prepare to get either zerg rolled or roamer gibed. Should be a lot of fun for those players.

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

GVG can actually occur in the mists now because u can pull your guild into the ofs. Finally have a forum for GVG where it doesn’t interfere with WvW.

in Living World

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes, but imagine if the entire LS event for this release is in the mists map. Players can decide whether to focus on the event, kill each other, or do a combination. That would be super fun.

in Living World

Posted by: stevelamb.7152

stevelamb.7152

I can’t wait to gank the Achievement hunters just like in WvW season 1 so many free loot bags!

Roaming Mesmer – Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Well I wish you luck during the event. I’m going to pass on this one. I have no interest in being ganked during a pve story event.

But I guess the people who like to harass/bully others in non consensual pvp need their fix too. So have fun I guess..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Well I wish you luck during the event. I’m going to pass on this one. I have no interest in being ganked during a pve story event.

But I guess the people who like to harass/bully others in non consensual pvp need their fix too. So have fun I guess..

Yeah, I’m with you on that one. I will probably check it out, but I won’t be spending any non-LS time there. Depending on how the achieves/rewards are handled, I may not participate at all.

It figures, though. We finally get a sizable new map addition and it is PvP oriented. Oh well.

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Yeah, I’m with you on that one. I will probably check it out, but I won’t be spending any non-LS time there. Depending on how the achieves/rewards are handled, I may not participate at all.

It figures, though. We finally get a sizable new map addition and it is PvP oriented. Oh well.

Its a WvW map, the whole purpose of which being to fight other worlds, so I’m sure they’ll somehow figure this into the achievements, if not story-line. You wont be dragged through PvE any more than you already are on WvW maps, any more that we PvE’ers are dragged into WvW play for jump puzzles, map completion, and achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Its a WvW map, the whole purpose of which being to fight other worlds,

And that’s why a pve story event has no place there.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If I had to guess, the whole reason this maps exists is to cater to the WvW crowd. The fact that Scarlet has anything to do with it is simply a weak tie in to the Living Story. The map existed for WvW purposed, the writing team knew about it, so they came up with some minimal lore to tie it into the larger narrative. This map seems to have been prioritised because of the Chinese release of GW2. They don’t want players queuing to get into WvW, so they created an additional map to solve that problem before it launches in that market. Edge of the Mists has less to do with the current WvW audience or the Living Story in general and more to do with the Chinese audience of GW2.

There will be far more map additions for PvE in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got an expansion by the end of the year.

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

If I had to guess, the whole reason this maps exists is to cater to the WvW crowd. The fact that Scarlet has anything to do with it is simply a weak tie in to the Living Story. The map existed for WvW purposed, the writing team knew about it, so they came up with some minimal lore to tie it into the larger narrative. This map seems to have been prioritised because of the Chinese release of GW2. They don’t want players queuing to get into WvW, so they created an additional map to solve that problem before it launches in that market. Edge of the Mists has less to do with the current WvW audience or the Living Story in general and more to do with the Chinese audience of GW2.

There will be far more map additions for PvE in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got an expansion by the end of the year.

On the contrary, the map was created for WvW, but the very first version that was presented to us, showcased Aetherblades, so the lore tie-in had been there since the beginning. Up til now, many aspects of living story have hinted at Scarlet’s interest in the mist, so this is by no means thrown together, LS has been leading to this map, and thus, is a core aspect of this map(at least in the manner that we are introduced to it). And if you think about it, it makes more sense that way, rather than a new map appearing for no reason other than player convenience; how does that fit into the realism of Tyria?