Ascended Back, Nope nope nope

in Living World

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Will not be backing it, made the others, but not this is, Im on full boycott of it.

Needs way to much material for a crappy back. I personally dont agree with the amount of work/items it takes.

It just feels like more gold sinks every update. Oh and the +5 agony is Account bound Im guess that was because we need them for this back and they wanted to drive the prices up for more gold sinks.

I care about this game, other wise I wouldnt have over 6k hours into it. Im saying this out of love not hate.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

While your love for the game is admirable, it’s not like you HAVE to get it. Don’t want it? do something else.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

There’s a thread already complaining about the back piece -__-

What they want you to do is to go do some events that you normally weren’t doing, besides you would practically obtain that +5 agony infusion just by getting the pristine fractal relics even on level 1 fractals (which are stupidly easy to complete).

Seriously this whinning on day 1 is getting really annoying.

Needs way to much material for a crappy back. I personally dont agree with the amount of work/items it takes.

If it’s such a bad backpiece why are you even trying to get it? Or is it because you weren’t able to craft it the day it was released and have to work for it?

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Faux.1937

While your love for the game is admirable, it’s not like you HAVE to get it. Don’t want it? do something else.

Im not getting it I said that, I thought you read the post? Just wanted anet to know how I feel, this is the place for it after all.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Faux.1937

There’s a thread already complaining about the back piece -__-

What they want you to do is to go do some events that you normally weren’t doing, besides you would practically obtain that +5 agony infusion just by getting the pristine fractal relics even on level 1 fractals (which are stupidly easy to complete).

Seriously this whinning on day 1 is getting really annoying.

If it’s such a bad backpiece why are you even trying to get it? Or is it because you weren’t able to craft it the day it was released and have to work for it?

I was trying the 1st stage, saw the 2nd stage didnt agree with it, so now Im not getting it.

And no I can care less if it takes 1 day or 100 days, why do you think I have over 6k hours played? Not because I get things in 1 day.

I can get it, I have everything to get it, I have all the free time in the world b.c I work from home, BUT I dont agree with it, so im not.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

… crappy back.

This is somebody’s baby. Someone drew this item, and quite possibly the same person designed it’s model, and at the end thought ’I’m so proud of this design’. Then you took all of two seconds to flip them off. Everyone knows you won’t be liked by everyone, but we’re still made of flesh and that kitten stings.

Have some godkitten civility, please.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Mawdrey II is my main motivation to go through the entire process, and I’m sure I have an alt that could use another ascended back item with selectable stats. The skin won’t see the light of day though.

in Living World

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I don’t understand why people throw out this defense. It makes no sense. If you put it in perspective, everything in the game is optional. Playing video games is optional. “So if you don’t like something in a game, don’t play it.” Well, duh.

The point is that within the context of the game, the back piece feels like an excessive grind/cost compared to other items that this guy has acquired. And he is voicing that opinion.

Feedback exists because things can be improved.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I could not care less either way, if i could stash the components i get from the LS into a section of my collections and maybe have a go at making it at my own pace.

but because they go into the general inventory/bank i feel i either need to make this back piece now to free up the space, or chuck the parts out and never make it at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Most of the components given out by the LS are awarded to every character you play through it. An alt that didn’t do the story yet could be considered ‘storage’, you just need to play a bit to retrieve them. Or you can buy them from Azarr Softhoof in the Dry Top oasis, but 4 laurels per items does add up to a lot.

in Living World

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

I won’t care about it myself either. It’s too expensive and not that good locking. There are better looking items to try and get that’s much cheaper, IMO.
I will not care about this back (and you too apparently) until the plantfoods are down to 1G. That will probably take months but I have time.

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

in Living World

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I don’t understand why people throw out this defense. It makes no sense. If you put it in perspective, everything in the game is optional. Playing video games is optional. “So if you don’t like something in a game, don’t play it.” Well, duh.

The point is that within the context of the game, the back piece feels like an excessive grind/cost compared to other items that this guy has acquired. And he is voicing that opinion.

Yes and at the same time, not everything will appeal to everyone. If you feel compelled to do something you dislike in order to get a reward you do like, that’s borderline. Like WvW for world completion for people who dislike WvW.

If you are presented with activities you don’t like and a reward you don’t like then “do something else” absolutely a valid response. If enough of these happen, it’s valid to say “play a different game altogether.” There is feedback and then there is you’re doing the wrong thing or even playing the wrong game. It’s not an either/or situation.

The obstacle is the path.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

An item you actually have to work for and can’t outright buy… THE HORROR!!! What is this world coming to… having to work for rewards… disgusting..

in Living World

Labjax.2465

Yes and at the same time, not everything will appeal to everyone. If you feel compelled to do something you dislike in order to get a reward you do like, that’s borderline. Like WvW for world completion for people who dislike WvW.

If you are presented with activities you don’t like and a reward you don’t like then “do something else” absolutely a valid response. If enough of these happen, it’s valid to say “play a different game altogether.” There is feedback and then there is you’re doing the wrong thing or even playing the wrong game. It’s not an either/or situation.

Except that the back item clearly has some appeal to him or he would not be talking about it. So it absolutely fits under “compelled to do something you dislike to get a reward you do like.” (Or at the very least, “do want”).

And considering that this is a guy who said he has invested over 6k hours into the game, I don’t know in what galaxy “playing the wrong game” would apply. He’d have to be one masochistic mofo.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’m sure your single boycott of one back piece will make a drastic difference.

in Living World

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

[quote=4294191;Faux.1937:]

MGW Guild

in Living World

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

The + 5 agony you can buy on tp for few gold i bought mine last night for 3 gold

MGW Guild

in Living World

Posted by: DivineRequiem.2710

DivineRequiem.2710

An item you actually have to work for and can’t outright buy… THE HORROR!!! What is this world coming to… having to work for rewards… disgusting..

My thoughts exactly

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It gets tiring seeing this argument thrown around. It fails on so many levels.

Yes, it’s optional, but it’s also an “end-game reward” that was released for the latest content, the Living Story. If they are going to release rewards that require grind and massive gold sinks, how is this different than WoW?

In WoW, raid gear is also optional, but if you don’t want to raid, then your choices of gameplay are severely limited to PvP, achievements, etc. Ironically, this was one of the reasons GW2 players hated WoW, and they are now telling others to do something else besides “raid” (end-game content).

At least in WoW though, they release content for all playstyles in huge updates, such as dungeons, pvp gear, battle pets, etc. This doesn’t happen in GW2, except for new achievements associated to the Living Story. The Living Story is limiting to one experience of the game. It’s not at all tied to WvW, or SPvP, or dungeons.

In GW2, the Living Story is their main form of content. If players don’t feel enticed to earn the rewards from it, then their options are limited to old content, with nothing new to do. There wasn’t anything added to SPvP or WvW, dungeons, etc., to their new content updates. To be fair though, their last update in Dry Top added new ambrite weapons along with kites and other rewards, but even these were locked behind a multi-step RNG process.

So yes, it’s optional, but at what cost? By dsienfranchising a segment of the playberbase from their major rewards?

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Can we please get a vendor in game that will take the various items for crafting the back piece that you get from doing the living story and, say, give geodes or lockpicks for it?

I’d love to get the bloodstone dust converter, but fractals are something that I cannot do at this time or for the foreseeable future, so that makes the items useless to me and I would like rewards for my work going through the story that I can use.

Alternatively, please make the Mists Stone not account bound so I don’t need to go in there to use things I’m getting through an entirely unrelated avenue of gameplay.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

Can we please get a vendor in game that will take the various items for crafting the back piece that you get from doing the living story and, say, give geodes or lockpicks for it?

I’d love to get the bloodstone dust converter, but fractals are something that I cannot do at this time or for the foreseeable future, so that makes the items useless to me and I would like rewards for my work going through the story that I can use.

Alternatively, please make the Mists Stone not account bound so I don’t need to go in there to use things I’m getting through an entirely unrelated avenue of gameplay.

i like that idea actually

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

So yes, it’s optional, but at what cost? By dsienfranchising a segment of the playberbase from their major rewards?

“Disenfranchising” lol yeah alright, the noisy minority whining about having to exit their comfort zone to get something they want… why cant I hold all these Q’s

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

Excessive, definitely, but if you want to make something really fancy for yourself, like an Ascended or Legendary piece, it should be natural that you need to work your butt off for it whether you sell the loot you make for gold, or save up the cash needed for the gems to be converted into gold. I admit the demand for crafting such a piece can be a bit of a drag, but I’d rather have it that way (perhaps toned down a little bit) as opposed to just making it easy to make.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

/shrug

I’m making 40-50 g profit daily from the materials. No objections here.

Gonna get it eventually when prices go down.

l2market

in Living World

Faux.1937

My thoughts exactly

I have all the mats, I can make it for basically free, I have 100’s of gold, I can buy if I really wanted to, the point i, the items/work involved in it TO ME, again, its ME, I dont feel like it anywhere worth its cost/time to make, TO ME it feels like Anet is trolling us with gold sinks. I DONT agree with it.

This wasnt meant to tell YOU TO STOP making it, YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT, its your game, play it how you want, this post was for anets eyes.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Bubi.7942

My thoughts exactly

I have all the mats, I can make it for basically free, I have 100’s of gold, I can buy if I really wanted to, the point i, the items/work involved in it TO ME, again, its ME, I dont feel like it anywhere worth its cost/time to make, TO ME it feels like Anet is trolling us with gold sinks. I DONT agree with it.

This wasnt meant to tell YOU TO STOP making it, YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT, its your game, play it how you want, this post was for anets eyes.

Please do a quick rundown of the price of the mats needed for the backpiece.

Now compare it to the other ascended bakcpieces you can ‘buy’ (like Boyer’s delight and such).

Enjoy the results.

in Living World

Faux.1937

My thoughts exactly

Now compare it to the other ascended bakcpieces you can ‘buy’ (like Boyer’s delight and such).

Enjoy the results.

Its the skin that ppl wont not ascended stats, the Ascended stats is a “tax” for the skin, I have 10 ascended back items all from fotm, that I got mostly for free. I didnt make the “gods” back items either b.c im not spending all the gold for a skin I might not use.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Bubi.7942

Sorry OP, I am completely lost.

What is your problem again?

You won’t put in work or gold but you want the skin? Am I getting that right? Can I haz fractalz capacitorz skinz without fractalz plz? And a cheezburger with that.

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

I think it’s more of him voicing how the requirements needed to make the ascended are a bit too much.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Bubi.7942

Well if he is, he is wrong. It’s actually cheaper than other ascended backpieces.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

My thoughts exactly

Enjoy the results.

I made Tome of Rubicon waaaaay back when it was introduced. I bought an entire stack of Ancient Bone and I think the most gold I had before that was 70. Imagine if I tried to make it now, good lord.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I made Tome of Rubicon waaaaay back when it was introduced. I bought an entire stack of Ancient Bone and I think the most gold I had before that was 70. Imagine if I tried to make it now, good lord.

It is called Inflation, it happens naturally everywhere.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Well if he is, he is wrong. It’s actually cheaper than other ascended backpieces.

You look like a knowledgeable chap.

It’s cheap compared to the alternatives, which are also “special” items, but is it cheap for what you get? Or is it just less overpriced?

How does it compare to crafting ascended weapons and armour? How does it compare to getting an ascended back piece for 35 laurels, like other trinkets, were such a thing possible?

If you were a wannabe fractal runner with five un-infused ascended trinkets and a masterwork back piece, which would you get first: five +5 AR infusions, or this ascended plant backpiece?

If you could craft exotic back pieces at skill 400 much like crafting gloves, would this thing still be of any interest?

Are we buying (or not buying) utility or exclusivity here?

in Living World

Faux.1937

For the last time I dont agree with how it is made, I dont care if you agree with me or not, I PERSONALLY DONT AGREE WITH HOW IT IS MADE.

It has nothing to do with the total cost of it, money is no value to me in gw2 I go threw 100’s of gold a week, again I dont agree with the direction the of the materials needed to make it. Im 100% for long fun crafting of skins, but not in this manor.

I feel anet is adding steps/materials for the sake of making these items sell for more gold, INSTEAD of using items that would make more sense or more fun to get/use. Please try to understand I just want anet to tweak the materials used.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I personally hope they bring out more weapons, armors, and backpieces that have a similar “scavenger hunt” feel. Running for all the requirements was a lot of fun!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

For the last time I dont agree with how it is made, I dont care if you agree with me or not, I PERSONALLY DONT AGREE WITH HOW IT IS MADE.

I do agree with how it is made. I like this scavenger hunt. And I think this is the right direction for A-net to go.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: AllMostDead.6408

AllMostDead.6408

Actually I don’t mind the scavenger hunt for items but its the time gated crafting that Annoy’s the the kitten out of me, if i have the items why can’t i craft it, and don’t start with that " it will ruin the market crap" just account bound it.

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I like the scavenger hunt aspects but the gold sink aspects of these things are getting a little out of hand (especially compared to the spinal blades, which were relatively cheap to craft).

in Living World

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I really like the scavenger hunt aspect of this backpiece. I am going out with some guildies this weekend to hunt this stuff down and expect to have a lot of FUN. That is what the game is for IMO. If it’s fun for people, it is good. Doesn’t need to be fun for 100% of the people, as that is impossible, but it is fun for a good chunk of us. If you don’t like it, fine. Go find something you do like. I will be doing this and I am glad Anet put it in place.

Guild warrior for life!

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

As much as I hate another back item, as I said in the thread I started awhile ago. But then I think this is for the players in China. People who played LS1 got the spine blade. I’m not making this as I;
1) Don’t like the look if it
2) I already have an acended back item. I don’t need to make another.

I like that I can do other things than just farm mats for it. So I do. Level alts, do dungeons, map on alts and just do things I want to do. Because that how I roll. I do what I want.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I like the idea of scavenger hunt too if it’s interesting and not just a sheer grind. I thought materials requirement for part 1 of this back piece was large enough, but just looking at that shopping list for part 2 is insane, virtually a repeat of step one only even larger! This amount of work and cost i could understand if it was toward a legendary weapon but for just a back piece? I don’t think i’ll bother wasting my time with it.

The sheer amount of geodes required to get all these recipes for ambrite weapons and now this, would have me grind dry top night and day. I like the map and all but i’m already getting sick of it, endlessly chasing these geodes for one thing and another.

Now, the Zephyr favour is gone up to tier 6! Say what! Even with this content being fresh, I’ve only seen tier 5 reached once in the last 3 weeks, let alone tier 6. I’ve logged in at all varying times of day and night and nope, lucky to reach tier 4 most times.

At the same time, everything cost more geodes now so it’s a double whammy. Instead of having to pay 400 geodes for ambrite recipes at tier 4 like we used to, we now have to pay 425. At the same time, new items for this back piece are being introduced all the time, eating up any geodes we gather. Seriously!

I have like 10 fossils now that i can’t do nothing with, because every time i get close to buying a recipe, you up the ante by introducing new recipes and materials required for this new back piece and raising the requirements all around.

I got 9x multiple items for this back piece that i can’t use. I’m getting overloaded with useless items. Well sorry Anet, you’ve lost me here. My bank is already maxed out, so i can’t buy any more space. I’ve spent a lot of money on this game, because I wanted to support it, but i’m getting tired of these massive shopping lists for everything you want to make in the game and huge demand for same materials from all sides. While at the same time, the cost of these materials is going up and up and seems harder and harder to come by.

I don’t even know what ascended requirements are for this back piece but frankly. I don’t think i want to know. I mean i’m a hard worker, i always earn my money the hard way and i don’t mind that, but this is getting out of hand.

The frustrating thing is, I’ve kinda committed myself to making the 2nd part b4 i realised the full list of requirements, so if i don’t go ahead, i’m gonna feel bad it’s all been a waste.

in Living World

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

because they go into the general inventory/bank i feel i either need to make this back piece now to free up the space, or chuck the parts out and never make it at all.

QFE

I want to do the LS on all of my level 80’s and possibly make the back pieces at some point, but the space it’s taking up in my inventory is getting to be obscene. Combined with the fact that I HATE fractals im just going to dump all the materials most likely because i’ll never have the mats to make it.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in Living World

Posted by: Silverwing.8750

Silverwing.8750

because they go into the general inventory/bank i feel i either need to make this back piece now to free up the space, or chuck the parts out and never make it at all.

QFE

I want to do the LS on all of my level 80’s and possibly make the back pieces at some point, but the space it’s taking up in my inventory is getting to be obscene.

I completely agree, I now have 7 more a/c bound items cluttering up my bank, why can’t new collection space be created for them? I have already spent time doing the scavenger hunt for all the items so don’t want to throw them away, and don’t have the gold to craft it yet. This is the one thing that spoils the living story for me.

Is anet just trying to sell us more bank space????

in Living World

Labjax.2465

This is somebody’s baby. Someone drew this item, and quite possibly the same person designed it’s model, and at the end thought ’I’m so proud of this design’. Then you took all of two seconds to flip them off. Everyone knows you won’t be liked by everyone, but we’re still made of flesh and that kitten stings.

I kind of agree with you in that these are human beings, not machines, whose work we criticize. But on the other hand, as someone who has artistic inclinations, I can be 10x more critical of my own work than other people ever will and if you’re in the thick of a development process, you may not actually have time to get your idea to a point that you’re fully satisfied with it.

So although the scenario you described is possible, it’s equally possible that someone made it and wasn’t satisfied with the final product, but had to say it was done anyway because of time constraints.

Artistic people tend to have stuff that they are really proud of and stuff that just didn’t happen right to them, and you might be surprised sometimes which projects they’re most proud of – often, it will have little to do with how well or poorly it was received.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

I kind of agree with you in that these are human beings, not machines, whose work we criticize. But on the other hand, as someone who has artistic inclinations, I can be 10x more critical of my own work than other people ever will and if you’re in the thick of a development process, you may not actually have time to get your idea to a point that you’re fully satisfied with it.

So although the scenario you described is possible, it’s equally possible that someone made it and wasn’t satisfied with the final product, but had to say it was done anyway because of time constraints.

Artistic people tend to have stuff that they are really proud of and stuff that just didn’t happen right to them, and you might be surprised sometimes which projects they’re most proud of – often, it will have little to do with how well or poorly it was received.

I wouldn’t call what Faux typed “critique”.
Lacking or complete, it represents their talent. I’ll not stand by while someone hurls insults because of the possibility that it isn’t affecting their target.

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Lacking or complete, it represents their talent. I’ll not stand by while someone hurls insults because of the possibility that it isn’t affecting their target.

While your defense of the artist is admirable, it isn’t needed. The OP isn’t criticizing the appearance and design of the backpiece. If s/he were saying “eeew, it looks so stupid, what kind of bleepity bloop would design it?”, then you’d have a point. But the OP isn’t saying that at all. The OP is complaining about how complicated and disorganized the process is to obtain it—something which probably has nothing to do with the artist at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I agree with you OP.
There’s just too much stuff needed to get the backpiece. It’s too big a shopping list. It’s disorganized, and it makes my head hurt even to contemplate it.
I don’t have a problem with taking time, and putting in effort. But I’d rather use that time and effort to get 5 rare items—not hundreds of bits and pieces here and there that consume my entire inventory. Too much clutter.

in Living World

Labjax.2465

No, calling it crappy wasn’t critique and I don’t blame you for standing up for other people. Under different circumstances I might be doing the same.

I just don’t think calling it crappy is harsh or means much of anything. For all we know, he could be saying that the item itself is simply unappealing overall, not that the art is poorly made.

Personally, I would almost laugh if I created something and someone said, “It’s crap” with no other information. My reaction would just be like, “Why exactly? The hell does that even mean?” It’s kind of hard to take offense to something like that.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Faux.1937

No, calling it crappy wasn’t critique and I don’t blame you for standing up for other people. Under different circumstances I might be doing the same.

I just don’t think calling it crappy is harsh or means much of anything. For all we know, he could be saying that the item itself is simply unappealing overall, not that the art is poorly made.

Personally, I would almost laugh if I created something and someone said, “It’s crap” with no other information. My reaction would just be like, “Why exactly? The hell does that even mean?” It’s kind of hard to take offense to something like that.

I didnt mean the crappy as in the artist art is bad, but as In I personal dont like it.

SAB or RIOT

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

I didnt mean the crappy as in the artist art is bad, but as In I personal dont like it.

We have to remain level-headed when we chose our words. Especially if we wanna be heard.