Awards in the final patch... legendaries?

in Living World

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

No. They tried something like this with the Karka event and giving out precursors. A lot of people were not happy.

in Living World

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Karka wasn’t the final patch, lol. We really need good reward for final. As you said a lot of people were not happy because it was randomly :P

Getting a legendary is the hardest thing to do in the game, so no, they won’t give out free ones. If you ask for a chance for ascended you might get somewhere though.

in Living World

Mirta.5029

No, it’s the most boring thing. I can farm all days but I don’t want to. Legendaries shouldn’t be for cash. We should get it for really hard challenge. I hope this will be final.

Well doing LS is not a challenge. I did pretty much all of them and have a legendary. I found making a legendary far harder than farming achievements for a few days every few weeks.

in Living World

Mirta.5029

It’s only final of season 1.

So you mean a final of all the seasons? That’s likely to happen just before the game shuts down. So in what? 5 years? Maybe more? Maybe less?

in Living World

Mirta.5029

You are angry because you spent a lot of money for exotics for precursor huh? ^^ We all know that final must be epic. :P

Not angry, just being realistic. Why would I be angry? If they awarded legendaries based on participation in the living story I would get one too.

in Living World

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

Legendaries should stay a legendary. They are supposed to be ‘hard to get’ because:

• they are a long term objective, not something you can buy at the very first convenience store.
  • a legendary wouldn’t be a legendary if everyone would have them. ‘Legendary’ can be described as ‘so celebrated as to having taken on the nature of a legend’. The word ‘Legend’ means something like ‘unverified story handed down from earlier times’ . So if everyone would be having one for free then that ‘unverified story’ wouldn’t be unverified and that would make the weapon an everyday weapon, not a legendary.
  • You don’t need to buy them because you can also craft them (it takes a lot of work, but it’s possible)
  • What after season 2? Give them 2 legendaries? And after season 7? Maybe some custom armor (or finisher). But not a legendary.

Maybe a ‘scarlet’ like outfit for the players would be better, so after each season they could hand out a new outfit/skin. So that players can look like their favorite villain. :p

(edited by NathanH.1465)

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Legendaries should be earned, not bought, I’d agree with you OP IF, and only IF getting the Meta achievements for each and every event in the story arc was required AND it was as hard, if not harder, to get the meta done each month as killing Liadri was.

Farming shouldn’t be how you get a legendary, skill should, imo anyway.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Living World

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I think there should have been an extra reward if someone completed all the LS metas from the first to the last, but giving a legendary away is preposterous. Even as something as simple as a title would have been great, “Scarlet Crusader” or something.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Anet only needs to make one small change to legendaries: make them account bound. This solves two problems

1. You cannot sell an account bound item, so some rich guy can’t buy a bunch of legendaries without putting in any work
2. If you want to use the legendary with a different character, you can

in Living World

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

Maybe a ‘scarlet’ like outfit for the players would be better, so after each season they could hand out a new outfit/skin. So that players can look like their favorite villain. :p

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magitech_Medium_Armor_Skin