Awesome!

Awesome!

in Living World

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

Just wanted to say, great work with LS2! Just finished ep2 and it looks like the writers & devs are doing MUCH better with this season. It’s not perfect, but I find it much more engaging and interesting than season 1. There are tons of small things, but in particular I’d like to highlight:
1) Player character has a bigger role/importance. We aren’t an anonymous volunteer.
2) Use of cinematics to set more dramatic scenes
3) Better delivery mechanics e.g. some stuff, albeit limited, happens outside of instances
4) LS2 brings exploring back with new areas in smaller more focused doses, and “rewards” (or at least pats on the back) for exploring
5) NPC’s do things in ways that are more relatable to players, i.e. less “make a bridge of magic” and more “blink & portal across”; using real skills in combat instead of auto attack.
6) The story seems… better? Not perfect/amazing, but it feels more like a real narrative and less like “random bad things happening sometimes to people I’ve never heard of and care nothing for”.

Really glad to see these changes, wish the original release followed this pattern but better late than never! Looking forward to more.

Awesome!

in Living World

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Have to agree completely on this one. The cut scenes were emotion filled and amazing. Seeing the “eternal alchemy” was jaw dropping experience, so much, that I wanted to replay back the entire episode just to see it again. I also had to stop to think which companion to take with me, Rox or my norn friend to come with me on that rescue. A brilliant job overall, good job A-Net Team.

Awesome!

in Living World

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

The final cut scene . . . just wow.