Blood and Madness Round 2.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Well, I guess this’ll have to go here since there’s no sub-forum for this Halloween event like the last two.

Anyways, the evil artifact at the Nolani Academy is back. I guess Tassi didn’t consider moving it to a more secure place. Oh, and unless they’re just reusing the text from the last event, it’s apparently killed another reckless charr soldier. Did no one bother to remember, “Oh yeah, if you see this evil looking black box in the Nolani Academy, don’t touch it”?

Well, surely this’ll go better than last time, right?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I wonder what happened to the B-Team’s dialogue, did they not have enough time to do something with them?

Datamining would suggest that this halloween was suppose to have atleast a different story arc, not the reuse of Blood Prince’s introduction.

Based on sound cloud speech I was under the impression that the story arc for halloween would have had our friends going to see the mad king himself for fun holiday adventure, what the heck happened?

in Living World

Posted by: Syrup.8019

Syrup.8019

So it is exactly the same? Same achievements, short little story etc? Or is there at least something different?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Nope, completly the same.
LA looks a bit different (duh) and there is a dedicated door to the labrinth now, but overall it is nothing new… sigh

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Anyways, apologies for the delay. Was just busy seeing how ArenaNet has once again screwed with something that worked fine before, this time the Currency Exchange. Gone is the ability to choose how many Gems you want or try to give just enough gold for that, now you only get preset amounts at rates that make the previous costs seem generous by comparison. Sigh. But, that’s for other topics.

Anyways, the instance that follows when you enter the Academy is almost exactly the same as from the first Blood and Madness, save for a few differences, more on that soon.

The first of which is that you are teleported immediately past the gate that the opening cinematic zooms in on, so less walking. Good. The next is a waypoint in the room right before the hole in the wall to the reliquary. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t present the last time either.

However, the scene plays out pretty much the same as last time when you walk in…at first. Tassi will recall you from Dragon Bash if you participated in that, which I really don’t see the point of mentioning anymore (that was soooo long ago by now), and still acts like she’s never seen the Bloody Prince before when he makes his entrance. There are two new lines of dialogue, which really only make Tassi look like an idiot, memory deficient, or just really bad at her job/hobby (since they recycled the rest of the instance, after all)

“He has a weakness, but I can’t seem to remember it. Throw anything in the room at him!”

Seriously Tassi? You’re supposedly an expert on the Thorn family line, and yet you don’t remember this guy at first or his weakness? Didn’t even write it down? What the frak. It’s pretty obvious, admittedly, but—given how ArenaNet seems to think players are dummies nowadays, I’m a little surprised they didn’t have Tassi just say “Wait! He’s weak to candy corn! Throw that at him!”

Of course, ArenaNet either didn’t have the time, didn’t care, or was too busy with other things to bother creating a new instance for this with fully new dialogues. But seriously, throwing in these little lines actually makes it kinda worse, since you wanted to keep some continuity, but put almost no effort into it to make it worth putting in.

The other line: “The Bloody Prince is back. And what he lacks in his father’s lunacy, he makes up for with rage.”

Oh so now Tassi remembers. Sigh.

So, anyways we need a Candy Corn Elemental to beat him back like last time. The mail you get from her indicates you can get one from Lion’s Arch now. I’m wondering if there’s a way for the players who finished the previous time to just go straight to containing him, since they’d already have a Mini-Candy Corn Elemental from back then.

However, as of the last time I tried going back, the story content was apparently locked, something about people being able to repeat the instance for easy Candy Corn Cobs. (sarcasm)Because after all, any bugs/glitches that help players should be weeded out immediately, instead of ones that make things worse(/sarcasm).

Attachments:

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

they flat out said that it was a copy paste of last year. what did you expect?

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

I was expecting at least a little continuation of the Bloody Prince’s story, and finding out how he turned out after being stuck in the Mad Realm facing off against his father.

I must’ve missed the bit that said “it’s a copy paste of last year’s event”, so I’ll go back and check that later.

Anyways, Tassi’s golem has nothing new to say for you if you already did the first Blood and Madness event, just mentioning how there’s less candy corn out in Tyria, and suspecting the Bloody Prince might be involved. (Um..obviously?)

So, since I already have the Mini Candy Corn Elemental from last time, I can just go back in and force Bloody Eddie right back into the box. And the fight is exactly as before, though this time you get a Bag of Confiscated Treats (1 masterwork item and 5 trick or treat bags) and 2 Corn Cobs after winning. I presume it is only once a day though, as being able to repeat it and get 2 cobs every time was clearly too convenient.

So…time to see if the Crossing is at least reasonable to make this time…

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

In regards to your posts about the instance, She doesn’t remember Edrick because she’s never met him before, there are no records on him (aside from whatever Baron Wycker has, and that just mentions a prince, and as far as I know not Edrick by name) and since this is just the repeat of last years instance, she doesn’t know of his existence before this moment, that line where she says she can’t remember his weakness is a mistake/oversight on Anet’s part and doesn’t make sense, there’s nothing for her to ‘remember’ because again, she knows nothing about him.

I’m disappointed that there was no new story content at all this year, I know Halloween will basically be the same each year but I was hoping that was referring to Lunatic inquisition and the labyrinth, last year it really did seem from the stream that they would build and expand on this story (its not like they have nothing to work with) hopefully next year will be different, because I really really love the lore/story of Halloween and want to see more of it, and I’m sure there are Arenanet people who feel the same.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Anyways, because I’m greedy, I managed to farm up to 1000 Trick or Treat Bags. I’ve noticed that the drop rates on these, among other items seems to be up from last time, although my 200% Magic Find might just have decided to be generous to me this once in a while.

So, out of curiosity and maybe some contribution to drop research, let’s see what I get.

1 : Before opening.

2 : Results of the first 250 bag openings. I severely underestimated how much these would give…so I can’t do it all at once with a before and after attachment like I hoped.

I’ll have to alternate between depositing things and opening more, and splitting the post into many. Oh well.

First 250 results : 27 Flasks of Pumpkin Oil, 1,488 Pieces of Candy Corn, 300 Plastic Fangs, 50 Master Essences of Luck, 241 Nougat Centers, 8 Spicy Pumpkin Cookies, 279 Chattering Skulls, 11 Rotten Eggs, 10 Limited-Use Scarecrow Finishers, 102 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, 39 Dragonite Ore, 203 Empyreal Fragments, 11 Vials of Maize Balm, 23 Strawberry Ghosts, Old Pillowcase, 28 Lumps of Crystallized Nougat, 23 Bowls of Candy Corn Custard, 16 Glazed Peach Tarts, 33 Sharpening Skulls, 5 Limited-Use Mad King Finishers, 10 Pieces of Almond Candy Corn Brittle, 6 Bottles of Batwing Brew, 6 Glazed Pear Tarts, 6 Candy Corn Tonics, 14 Rare Essences of Luck, 3 Concentrating Halloween Tonics, and 7 Shiny Foil Wrappers.

Wow. Okay…I’ll be back in a bit.

Post opening follow up : In the process of opening those 250, I also got 3 bonus chests, as you can see in the second attachment (A Large Achievement Chest, the one for opening all those bags, giving 5 Personalized Treat Bags, which in turn granted the meta achievement reward, a Candy Corn Cob). So, yay for me.

Attachments:

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

A slight error on my part from last time : I already had some Fine/Exotic Essences of Luck stored where I wasn’t looking, and some Toilet Paper from the last Halloween, so any I got from those last 250 bags are unaccounted for…although I’m sure I didn’t get much, if any of those. Hopefully that will not throw off the end result by much, and I’ve made sure to not forget those for the rest of this.

Anyways, next 250 :

264 Plastic Fangs, 297 Nougat Centers, 224 Chattering Skulls, 22 Strawberry Ghosts, 2,377 Pieces of Candy Corn, 18 Bowls of Candy Corn Custard, 29 Sharpening Skulls, 48 Dragonite Ore, 10 Glazed Peach Tarts, 13 Rare Essences of Luck, 98 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, 11 Pieces of Candy Corn Almond Brittle, 15 Spicy Pumpkin Cookies, 10 Glazed Pear Tarts, 27 Flasks of Pumpkin Oil, 57 Master Essences of Luck, 16 Toilet Paper, 7 Limited Mad King Finishers, 20 Rotten Eggs, 11 Vials of Maize Balm, 16 Exotic Essences of Luck, 82 Empyreal Fragments, Recipe: Major Rune of the Mad King (Leatherworker), 2 Shiny Foil Candy Wrappers, 15 Lumps of Crystallized Nougat, 3 Bottles of Batwing Brew, 1 Charged Quartz Crystal, and 6 Limited Scarecrow Finishers.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

This story premiered during Halloween 2013 (Tyrian year: 1326). Whenever we play it, our characters are in the year 1326 for the duration of the story.

FYI— The current in-game year is 1327. So this Halloween is a blast from the past type event.

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Next 250 bags:

21 Rotten Eggs, 288 Plastic Fangs, 302 Chattering Skulls, 2,281 Pieces of Candy Corn, 16 Rare Essences of Luck, 52 Dragonite Ore, 19 Flasks of Pumpkin Oil, 25 Bowls of Candy Corn Custard, 17 Vials of Maize Balm, 62 Master Essences of Luck, 224 Nougat Centers, 41 Lumps of Crystallized Nougat, 5 Shiny Candy Foil Wrappers, 3 Minor Potions of Halloween Slaying, 46 Empyreal Fragments, 12 Toilet Paper, 9 Pieces of Candy Corn Almond Brittle, 27 Sharpening Skulls, 6 Glazed Pear Tarts, 39 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, 8 Glazed Peach Tarts, 9 Spicy Pumpkin Cookies, 14 Strawberry Ghosts, 6 Limited Mad King Finishers, 3 Bottles of Batwing Brew, 2 Limited Scarecrow Finishers, 8 Exotic Essences of Luck, 3 Concentrating Halloween Tonics, and 3 Plastic Spider Tonics.

Attachments:

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

Almost there…

Last 250…

6 Limited Scarecrow Finishers, 280 Nougat Centers, 62 Master Essences of Luck, 2,141 Pieces of Candy Corn, 8 Vials of Maize Balm, 48 Empyreal Fragments, 317 Plastic Fangs, 17 Toilet Paper, 262 Chattering Skulls, 14 Spicy Pumpkin Cookies, 12 Candy Corn Almond Brittle Pieces, 21 Crystallized Nougat Lumps, 35 Flasks of Pumpkin Oil, 16 Sharpening Skulls, 11 Rare Essences of Luck, 56 Dragonite Ore, 9 Glazed Peach Tarts, 23 Strawberry Ghosts, 6 Shiny Candy Foil Wrappers, 5 Bottles of Batwing Brew, 33 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, 5 Limited Mad King Finishers, 16 Bowls of Candy Corn Custard, 15 Rotten Eggs, 10 Glazed Pear Tarts, 6 Exotic Essences of Luck, and one last Charged Quartz Crystal.

Well, I’ll condense those results later. My fingers need a break. -_-

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Lorena.2973

Lorena.2973

I would like to know if you can get the “Gift of Candy Corn” as the result of the achievement “You, Back in the Box” as stated on the wiki a couple of times. Is the wiki just wrong or is there a bug?

From the wiki:
“Gift of Candy Corn is a consumable rewarded for completing the You, Back in the Box achievement as part of Blood and Madness. The achievement is rewarded for completing the final instance Resealing the Bloody Prince. Consuming the item unlocks a Raw Candy Corn node in all home instances for all characters of the account. The node can only be mined once per day per account. "

in Living World

Posted by: caledon.1864

caledon.1864

This story premiered during Halloween 2013 (Tyrian year: 1326). Whenever we play it, our characters are in the year 1326 for the duration of the story.

FYI— The current in-game year is 1327. So this Halloween is a blast from the past type event.

LA doesn’t agree

i’m so ouvert, i’m covert
human thief

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

I would like to know if you can get the “Gift of Candy Corn” as the result of the achievement “You, Back in the Box” as stated on the wiki a couple of times. Is the wiki just wrong or is there a bug?

From the wiki:
“Gift of Candy Corn is a consumable rewarded for completing the You, Back in the Box achievement as part of Blood and Madness. The achievement is rewarded for completing the final instance Resealing the Bloody Prince. Consuming the item unlocks a Raw Candy Corn node in all home instances for all characters of the account. The node can only be mined once per day per account. "

Unfortunately, it seems that the node is not available again—although, as I already have the node, it’s possible that the 2 Candy Corn Cobs I got are the alternate reward for if you already obtained the Gift of Candy Corn node.

I was told in-game once that it was allegedly available either from the Laurel merchant (LS Season 1 Rewards) or from a merchant during the last Four Winds Festival, but it seems neither is the case as I can recall. I didn’t check the merchant at the festival, and despite the wiki’s claim of the laurel merchants having it, I’ve checked every tab and it doesn’t appear.

The Gift of Candy Corn was a nice reward that I think should return for those that didn’t have the chance to get it last time. And this is coming from someone who already has the node, so anyone coming in here with an argument about exclusivity can frak off.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

…….you can buy it, i just did….

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

…….you can buy it, i just did….

Hmm…it might not show up for me then since I already obtained and used the Gift of Candy Corn.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, the Gift of Candy Corn no longer shows up at the Laurel Merchant if you already had it. (Same goes for the Watchwork node and the Quartz node.)

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Maybe it was my recently acquired Ascended gear along with familiarity with the Prince Thorn fights from last year, but this year the Prince Thorn battles felt MUCH less tedious and annoying. This time I actually had fun rather than getting ticked off by the reinforcement spawns. I don’t know if anything was adjusted or if its just my character being better geared.

Regardless, this is how boss battles should be in storyline instances IMO Thorn had unique mechanics but the fight was not stretched out so long that it became tedious and annoying.

Unlike the needlessly tedious content/fights in the first two chapters of Season 2. I still haven’t been able to bring myself to play the rest of the chapters simply because the fights were just so annoying, even though I want to see the story. But with the new chapters coming, I guess I’ll give them a try.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)