Blue to Green

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: kyofanclub.8245

kyofanclub.8245

I was just curious but since when did Amoxtli, part of the Trio Gixx sent to Dry Top, go from being a blue frog to a green frog? o_O I often like listening to their conversations ((Particularly when they bring up Sylvari)) and I had just noticed she became a green frog. I checked the wiki to be sure I was right in thinking she was blue and sure enough there’s a picture of her being a blue frog. haha

Attachments:

Live life well and fully, and waste nothing.
All things have a right to grow.
Act with wisdom, but act.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

+1 I didn’t notice, becouse I was curious in their next conversation. Yes, this one about fear that sylvari is still new race with many secrets, fear of the unknown rised thanks to Scarlet and especially now thanks to sylvari with MasterofPeace’obsession enough to destroy ZS. I really like trio. Amoxtli is the smartest one.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

This is kind of odd… Maybe she changed tribes? Or perhaps some Inquest asura is messing with dyes and hit her with green dye. The whole “colour of the hylek depicts their tribe” is really confusing with me, and that one heart quest in Brisban furthers confuses it as the red frogs dyed blue stop being hostile.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

This is kind of odd… Maybe she changed tribes? Or perhaps some Inquest asura is messing with dyes and hit her with green dye. The whole “colour of the hylek depicts their tribe” is really confusing with me, and that one heart quest in Brisban furthers confuses it as the red frogs dyed blue stop being hostile.

Skin colour like guild emblem, change guild change emblem, the same way, change tribe change.. skin? Color your hylek. She never told about her encounter with inquest, or just ashamed to admitt that ;-). Maybe they have too many models of Amoxtli, with different colors.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The red Hyleks changed to blue don’t actually stop being hostile, but they DO come under attack by the unchanged red Hyleks under the presumption that they are invading Hyleks from another tribe. As far as I know, there is no way for a Hylek to naturally change the colour of its skin; Amoxtli’s skin change was probably a bug or oversight.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Donno if anyone has seen it but 2 asuran children talk about hyleks.

Epharr the Third: So, let me get this straight. These hylek are yellow, the ones to the northeast and far south are red, the hylek to the west are orange…

Winni: Right. The blue ones and the green ones are nice, the orange ones and the red ones are mean, and the yellow ones are sometimes nice and sometimes mean, depending on their mood.

Epharr the Third: I wish they were all nice and there was a purple one that sang and gave out candy.

Winni: Me too. But unfortunately, this is the real world. Not some fantasy land.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I was just curious but since when did Amoxtli, part of the Trio Gixx sent to Dry Top, go from being a blue frog to a green frog? o_O I often like listening to their conversations ((Particularly when they bring up Sylvari)) and I had just noticed she became a green frog. I checked the wiki to be sure I was right in thinking she was blue and sure enough there’s a picture of her being a blue frog. haha

Some West Tyrian frogs are known to spontaneously change color from blue to green when in a single color environment. Life finds a way.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

As seen from the conversation with Asuran children above, the Hylek colouring is an inside joke relating to MMORPG tendencies. The colour of a creature’s name tends to show whether it’s friendly or hostile in MMORPGs. Hylek take that a step farther and do it with their skin tone. So blue and green Hylek are friendly, orange and red Hylek are hostile, and yellow Hylek are neutral (they fight back if you attack them).

That doesn’t explain why Amoxtli has changed colours, of course.. but at least she’s still friendly?

Blue to Green

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Amoxtli says that she’s from the Michotl tribe in Metrica Province; all the Michotl hylek are blue-skinned. Her original green colour was no doubt a mistake that was simply corrected.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Amoxtli says that she’s from the Michotl tribe in Metrica Province; all the Michotl hylek are blue-skinned. Her original green colour was no doubt a mistake that was simply corrected.

You got it backwards. Amoxtli was originally blue, but she recently got turned green. We don’t know why….

Blue to Green

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Oh! Well, then this is probably a bug that needs to be fixed then. XD (Weird. I could have sworn her colour change was the other way around.)

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I blame Mordremoth.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: versidia.4520

versidia.4520

He used to live in an hydrated area. Now he is in dry top, and his color has turn green. In the future it will become yellow if he spends too much time away from the water :p

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Lets hope he turns purple and starts singing and gives out candy.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

By the logic stated above, if he turned purple, he could probably kill anyone just by looking at them.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

By the logic stated above, if he turned purple, he could probably kill anyone just by looking at them.

No, no, see, that’s if he turns yellow.

If he turns purple, you just need to not make eye contact or-

All glory to the hypnohylek.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I remember reading that the hylek infuse themselves with poison somehow (drinking it… injecting it?) to use in their attacks, and that their skin color changes depending on how much poison they have in their bodies at the time.

EDIT: Found where I read it, it doesn’t specifically say that they change colors, but it says it’s related:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Go_Forth_and_Multiply:_The_Hylek

“Individual tribes are extremely territorial and it is rare for them to cooperate with one another. The various tribes of the hylek are differentiated by color, which also hints at how aggressive that particular tribe is. In fact, the color of a hylek tribe is also a good indication of the strength of the toxins that they generate; those tribes that produce the deadliest toxins are the most aggressive and dangerous to outsiders.”

So, if the color is related to the strength of the toxins produced, maybe the color is also related to which toxin is being used by that particular hylek. If that’s true, maybe Amoxtli just changed colors when she decided to use a stronger (or different) toxin more suited to the dangerous environment she found herself into. After all, the Hylek do sell potions that change your color:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hylek_Potion

Or, it could also be just a bug or oversight… if that’s the case, Anet, you’re free to use my excuse to justify it..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

Winni: Me too. But unfortunately, this is the real world. Not some fantasy land.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Organizer Aerixx came and used those “Pigment Transmogrifiers” Pigment Destabilizer…
This or the desert caused her to become green.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Blue to Green

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I hope they change her color back. Little things like this bother me.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson