Buying winterday gifts with glory

in Living World

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Hi Anet,

Another episode of my complaining about your game called GW2!

Today I want to talk about those winterday gifts that you get if you buy them with glory gained from PVP matches!

I recently found out that there are people with 2million glory points and they buy winterday gifts with it only to sell them again at the TP! They make around 1500 gold for doing this!

I find this not fair! I don’t like the pvp that much so I only had like 7500 glory points. Now people that do liked it are rewarded increadible well for putting their efforts in.
While me for instance, a grinder of dungeons get the punishment of putting all my time and efforts in (1500 hours, atleast 1000 is dungeons), as you nerfed karma there and not receiving any bonusses now, like pvpers do with the selling of winterday gifts!

The same happend to a lot of people buying those boxes in the cursed shore (forgot the name) with karma, and need karma now desperatly (for instance me).

What I really wanna say is that you are wrecking the game with those living world and other changes and that some players will turn out to be lucky as they choose the right game ‘modes’ they played all that time (pvp and the gold gained), and some turned out to be unlucky (dungeons and no karma anymore).

Again I am really frustrated that a player that put in 1000 hours of pvp has now 1500g, achievements etc, and me for instance made maybe 500g also in 1000 hours of dungeons (I was not a cof runner before changes)

Could you explain why you make changes all the time that affects some players to the good and some to the bad?

Regards

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Did you not receive rewards for spending your karma (loot from Orrian Jewelry Boxes) and for running dungeons (gold, dungeon tokens, drops)? Someone who has 2 million Glory, according to your example, has obviously spent a truckload of time in the game as well. Why should they not be entitled to a fairer level of reward for that dedication?

Considering that Glory is going to be removed and PvP skins will require gold moving forward, it seems more than fair to me that hardcore PvP players get a decent nest egg to buy skins and such in future. (After all, the kind of player who earned 2 million Glory in PvP is more than likely going to keep doing PvP after the update. They’re not likely to start doing PvE now.)

in Living World

Dutchdevil.6902

The loot i gained from orian boxes does not compare to the 1500 gold they get.. The orian boxes gave me some lodge and cores (that I didn’t sell at that point and in which the prices have dropped). Next to that the orian boxes gave some unidentified shards (or how they called it), and was worth nothing. So no, The loot I got, and sold (unidentified …) + the gold from dungeons + the nerfing of karma does not balance the amount of gold they get for selling the 2 million glory. I put also a truckload of time in the dungeons, but I don’t have the same level of award as they have!

And please don’t tell me the orian boxes was a good investment! It was terrible. And yes my own decision, but at that time karma was overflowing, now it is hard to get! And you couldn’t trade karma directly for gold. But only for gold and hope you get lucky. Glory can be traded for gold (buying and selling wintergifts), so less luckfactor.

If I would knew I would be doing pvp from time to time next to my pve right from the beginning. Eventhough I don’t like it.

I think the game is broken! Everyone has a specific gameplay style and some get more awared then others! And to be clear it is not that I am saying I dont get rewards for what I did, but some got more rewarded for the same amount of time put in to it as they choose other gameplay (gameplay they didn’t know from the beginning it will lead to this big reward further down the road)

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Really Dutchdevil your argument is completely invalid…

Before the recent update do you know what sPvP players got reward wise? Pretty much nothing thats what…for nearly 18 months no rewards at all…

Now some have got lucky and had a one off windfall.

Your 2 million glory is a massive exaggeration btw…just how many players have 2 million glory, not many and the time spent getting that must have mean’t they missed out on all the rewards in PvE.

Btw I had 100,000 glory which up till now I considered worthless.

in Living World

Dutchdevil.6902

From the beginning you knew where you got yourself into when doing pvp. No loot and only glory and cool armors for pvp etc.

I am just saying you can’t give those rewards all of the sudden out of luck because things are changing in the mechanics afterwards!

This makes me think different about the game. For instance I don’t like WvW, but maybe I should do that because at some point (after a year for instance) you get gold for the level of rank you get because anet wanna change things around? That is just guessing yes, but apparently it can happen! As you see, it did with pvp!

You can say, then do that. But I want to do what I like in this game, dungeons and world event and I should have get the same amount of reward as everyone else who is doing other facets of the game. The game should be about what you like and get same amount of reward not about what I should get (in the future on loot).

Really weird way of gaming!

in Living World

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

If you really spent 1000 hours in dungeons, you ended up with way more than 1500G of profit yourself. With a few paths being the exception (CoF1 being way shorter and Arah paths longer), one can generally do 2 or 3 paths in one hour.

(edited by Paradox.5498)

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

huh, you can get something useful from glory?
i have 5K i never use because i never play PvP and the rewards i can buy are PvP restrictive, if what you say is true then can i finally use it for something i do have a use for?

in Living World

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Before the pvp reward patch, you earn on average 150 glory for each pvp match win (and much less if you lose). If you play extremely well, you can get 250 glory.

Your 2 million glory = 8000 matches win. Which is 2000 hours played if you just win all the match you played. 2000 hours for 1500 gold? I say pve players get more rewards than that.

Too much entitlement.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I will agree with you about one thing, Dutchdevil. I do agree that people should be able to play whatever game mode they most enjoy and receive rewards comparable with what people playing other game modes are getting. (Sometimes this requires buffing rewards from unpopular modes, and sometimes it’s nerfing rewards from overpopular modes.)

That said, that applies to sPvP as well. As Meglobob pointed out, sPvP players basically got nothing ever since the game was released. Since Glory is being removed as a currency, and rewards will use gold going forward, sPvP players need to be brought up to speed with the rest of the player base so they can remain on an even playing field. Wanting there to be equal rewards across all game modes, but not wanting sPvP players to be appropriately rewarded to remain competitive with PvE players, is a double standard.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Before the pvp reward patch, you earn on average 150 glory for each pvp match win (and much less if you lose). If you play extremely well, you can get 250 glory.

Your 2 million glory = 8000 matches win. Which is 2000 hours played if you just win all the match you played. 2000 hours for 1500 gold? I say pve players get more rewards than that.

Too much entitlement.

Not if you skyhammer glory farmed.

in Living World

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Which is still worse than farming CoF 1 before they limited the rewards from that.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]