China Release And State of Lion's Arch

in Living World

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

So, I’m not certain this has been brought up or not, but if it has, cool, this post can be forgotten in the waves of new ones. So, as the title suggests, I was wondering since the release of gw2 in China if A-Net was going to connect the living stories together or if they were going to run them separate. Meaning simply, are they going to skip season 1 of the LS for China and go to season 2, or are we going to start season 2 here and they redo season 1 in China.

My main concern is the state of LA, since China was not able to witness what happened if they go with the skipping of LS1 path. Just wondering how this will play out. Something I have been thinking about for awhile.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The living story will be synced, so their version of the game looks like ours.
The destruction of Lion’s Arch is simply something in the history of the world. Just like the Rising of Orr and Creation of the Dragonbrand didn’t appear in our version of the game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

The living story will be synced, so their version of the game looks like ours.
The destruction of Lion’s Arch is simply something in the history of the world. Just like the Rising of Orr and Creation of the Dragonbrand didn’t appear in our version of the game.

Alright. Thanks. But I must say, that kinda sux for them to not be able to live it, but as long as they have the ability to read into the lore of what happened, that would be good.

in Living World

Posted by: TazzDeMazz.4716

TazzDeMazz.4716

So they get the exact same Personal Story aswell? That does kind of ruin the experience for the China players. Doesn’t really matter for EU/US players, since pretty much everyone completed it while LA was still there.
As long as they give a good explanation, it should work though.

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

They need to implement 2 things:
1. Ability to visit “historical Lion’s Arch” (before it was nuked)
2. Make the LS replayable, or recycle them (ie. January-February : Dragon Bash, March-April : Southsun, etc.) so that new players and returning old players can experience what they had missed in the past.

One way to implement this is to have multiple versions of maps, similar to how Lion’s Arch could be implemented; by having a present day version and a “historical version”. Maybe you can get books from the Durmand Priory to trigger the maps before entering them.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

That would be a great idea, but I doubt they’ll do it. After all, they’d have no excuse for not letting us replay story missions and previous temporary content then.

in Living World

Posted by: InstantNoodles.2860

InstantNoodles.2860

I wonder about this too.

Went on Chinese forum, players were talking about going to deadend bar for a drink and a free chest, discovered during map complete. Many weren’t aware what living story even is, and were quite confused why the conversation was even there.

Quite a few thought Taimi and Braham are a couple.

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

They need to implement 2 things:
1. Ability to visit “historical Lion’s Arch” (before it was nuked)
2. Make the LS replayable, or recycle them (ie. January-February : Dragon Bash, March-April : Southsun, etc.) so that new players and returning old players can experience what they had missed in the past.

One way to implement this is to have multiple versions of maps, similar to how Lion’s Arch could be implemented; by having a present day version and a “historical version”. Maybe you can get books from the Durmand Priory to trigger the maps before entering them.

Normally the Personal Story would be the stage to visit the historical LA. Due to technical issues this is not possible at the moment. I hope they can change the way how instances use maps. This would be very important if more zones like Orr change their look in the course of time.