Could Wintersday Mystery Box be back ?

in Living World

Posted by: Liliane Sevaras.8349

Liliane Sevaras.8349

Could you put Wintersday Mystery Box back into the Tradingpost for some days since you already put so many old event items and mini packs back into the shop from specific events in this last event.
I would like to ask if you coudl put the Wintersday Mystery Box back for some days since it hase some nice minis and items in it.

Like the Mini Festive Golem, Permanent Hair Stylist Contract or Winter’s Weapon Claim Ticket and some more ^^.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s probably too late for them to do it during the festival but I agree. And I don’t think it matters when they come back. It could be now, it could be next Wintersday or any time in between.

Although ideally I’d like them to change it a bit since the original distribution method for the mini pets was terrible and, notably, has never been used ever again which I think suggests that Anet didn’t think it was such a good idea either.

The problem, for those that don’t remember, is due to a number of factors:

• The minis are only obtainable from an RNG box, meaning of course that you have no control over whether you get one or which one you get.
  • They’re account bound, so if you get one you don’t want you’re stuck with it.
  • To get the full set (the 3 from the box and the one made in the forge) you need 6 mini pets and only a few specific combinations are viable. Specifically one of each and then no more than 3 others. If for example you get 3 snowmen and 3 golems before getting your first airship you’re stuck with a useless extra and wasted money to get it. (And although it might sound unlikely this did happen to several people.)

Possible solutions

• Make them tradeable – This is probably the simplest solution (and I’m in favour of all minis being tradeable anyway. This way people with extras can sell them to those without and everyone gets what they want.
  • Sell them directly in the gem store, individually – This removes the RNG element and therefore the risk of never getting minis or getting the wrong ones. I’ve specified individually because some people still have part of a set so a pack would be useless to them. It would be relatively easy for Anet to implement too.
  • Use tickets – Like the Black Lion tickets or the Kite tickets. Add a guaranteed ticket to every box and an NPC to trade X tickets for one of the items from the box. This puts an upper limit on the price which helps a lot with the RNG element and means no one is stuck with useless minis because they can get the exact ones they want.
  • Add an NPC who trades one Wintersday Box mini for another – This way you just need to get any 6, and if they’re the wrong ones you can swap them.
Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Mystery box has blue and greens… GW2’s loot is weak.

Why are you excited? You know this already.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Mystery box has blue and greens… GW2’s loot is weak.

Why are you excited? You know this already.

I think you’re thinking of a different item.

We’re talking about the Wintersday Mystery Box, which was sold on the gem store during Wintersday 2012 and had a chance of giving you a number of rare items: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Mystery_Box

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Granted it was a very low chance, but it’s the only thing confirmed to drop the Permanent Hairstyle Contract

in Living World

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

God no, not unless they are changed, i still regret trying that 2 times… I do not like to spend 20 euro’s on ugly sweaters and old socks… I really wanted Foostivoo but this was just a horrible waste of money!

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Posted by: RaptureRabbit.8259

RaptureRabbit.8259

I am so SAD faced Been waiting 2 years for the “MINI FESTIVE GOLEM” to come back to ANET gem store. IT Seems we will never get the chance to own the mini festive golem. I know you sold mystery boxes to receive the golem, but at that time I was new to the game, and did not understand how to obtain it. ******** ( Bring it back please….The people who have had the mini festive golem lights pet, has had 2 years to enjoy it so now you can resale, or let people who have some to sell on Trading post. I am tired of people mocking me who have like 2 or three of them, and they are wishing they can do something with their extra “mini festive golems”. Pretty PLEASE put back in gem store.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Granted it was a very low chance, but it’s the only thing confirmed to drop the Permanent Hairstyle Contract

They are still in the Black Lion Chests along with the other permanent contracts. They didn’t take them out and they do still drop (albeit extremely rarely)

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I am so SAD faced Been waiting 2 years for the “MINI FESTIVE GOLEM” to come back to ANET gem store. IT Seems we will never get the chance to own the mini festive golem. I know you sold mystery boxes to receive the golem, but at that time I was new to the game, and did not understand how to obtain it. ******** ( Bring it back please….The people who have had the mini festive golem lights pet, has had 2 years to enjoy it so now you can resale, or let people who have some to sell on Trading post. I am tired of people mocking me who have like 2 or three of them, and they are wishing they can do something with their extra “mini festive golems”. Pretty PLEASE put back in gem store.

Yea me too. I thought I was going to get Foostivo The Merry this year ; _ ;

Are you Shpongled?