Did we just... (spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

…Kill two elder dragons AND a god in one blow.
Or did I get it right that we just made two dragons take a bit longer nap and a god “disapear” to somewhere else, just killing off his hounds????

I found the ending of the last episode a bit confusing and unexpectad.

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

He only returned to the Mist.

Balthy will be back in 2nd expansion and more powerful than ever.

His quest to gain back everything he lost is not over and if following GW1 events of Fissue of Woe we may finally learn the end result of the war between Balthazar and Menzies but best guess is Balthazar lost and Menzies took everything from him from his powers, his Eternal army, and his realm.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Primordus’s energy levels were reduced to pre-awakening status, if Taimi’s scanner is accurate, implying that our screwing with whatever Balthazar was doing put Primordus to sleep. And Jormag may or may not have ended up the same way.

As for Balthazar, he’s probably off somewhere else. I mean, he could be dead, but I doubt they brought him out of effing nowhere just to kill him off like that…but if they did, well, whatever.

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Primordus and possibly Jormag are in the pre-awekening state.

We realised that killing the dragons is not good idea, so if they will awake, we will try to make them sleep again (as we did this with Primordus and Jormag).

Balthazar consumed some magic from the dragons and likely he came back to the mists.

Dev stated on AMA, that he will come back and the dragons are not dead.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

From his dialog, it sounded like he got most of what he wanted before we wrecked the machine, and bailed to the Mists before things went kablooey.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Primordus is knocked out, (not asleep or dead, think of it as unconsiousness by fatique)
Jormag status is unknown, I guess we’ll visit him in the next chapter
Balthazar is dispersed, not dead, he had a spectral body in the volcano which we destroyed. It’s still the real him, so he won’t be coming without effort, but he’s not dead

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

…Kill two elder dragons AND a god in one blow.
Or did I get it right that we just made two dragons take a bit longer nap and a god “disappear” to somewhere else, just killing off his hounds????

I found the ending of the last episode a bit confusing and unexpected.

So far as I could tell, we negated the entire build-up of Season 3 in favor of somethingsomething Human god Balthazar, who was disguised as Lazarus, for reasons.

tl;dr – I don’t know what’s going on either.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

We only put the dragons to sleep i mean the pc says it “i cant believe we saved the 2 elder dragons, i had to say that out loud” And balthazar didnt sound to me like dying he sounded more like he was suppercharged by the bloodstone magic and the magic of primordus lul.

in Living World

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Everyone is busy making a big stink about Balthazar showing up out of nowhere, but no one seems to be upset at the fact that we basically wrote off not one, but two elder dragons while not actually trying. I mean, we barely even caught a glimpse of Primordus before we unintentionally put him back to sleep. And we may not even get to see Jormag at all.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Living World

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

The ending of EP:5 still more plausable than “kill the elder dragon of death until he’s dead”, or “kill the elder dragon of mind and plants in his mind!”

I like this style of writing, whereby largescale events aren’t triggered by us (even if we are the ones who have to play a role in ending it). To create a dinamic world, other characters need lives outside of what we presently experience. This means every reveal won’t always make logical sense – simply because we don’t have all the awnsers.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Everyone is busy making a big stink about Balthazar showing up out of nowhere, but no one seems to be upset at the fact that we basically wrote off not one, but two elder dragons while not actually trying. I mean, we barely even caught a glimpse of Primordus before we unintentionally put him back to sleep. And we may not even get to see Jormag at all.

The arrows of Braham were strong enough to sever a fang from the serpent when he was fully awake and violent. I think if we allow Braham to fire such an arrow at the Serpent when he’s downed, it might just kill it, and worse yet, induce Taimi’s Apocalyptic Scenario of Doom! so we have to go north after Braham to stop him from shooting at Jormag.
My prediction is that we’re in time, but will have to fight Braham to stop him, OR we’re too late, but the universe can handle one more death, Kralkatorrik or Balthazar (or another human god) is nearby to eat the blast and then we chase it south to the Crystal Desert.

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I have a feeling he will kill Jormag but Kralk will eat all the magic, thus putting us in the crystal desert direction.

Kind of wondering if the most recent twist is going to tie more into future raids than living story. Especially with all of the demons in the most recent raid wing. But who knows.

It’s anyone’s guess at this point.