Do we have a firm date for the finale?

in Living World

Posted by: Stevethetrain.5170

Stevethetrain.5170

I want to ask this here instead of pm’ing the devs and distracting them while they’re hard at work and probably receiving tons of pm’s without me adding to them.

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

No we don’t, other than the standard 2-3 months after the previous release, which would put it somewhere between first Tuesday in July, and first Tuesday in August. 11th July is almost certainly off the table by now, considering that we didn’t get a trailer last week, so one of 18th July, 25th July, or 1st August are the most likely dates.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

July 18th, trailer this tuesday. I get overexcited a lot, but this is my balanced between optimistic and pessimistic opinion based on stated credence and how they kept to it. Mar my words. (Unless I’m wrong, then sweep it under the rug because I’m never wrong)

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

July 18th, trailer this tuesday. I get overexcited a lot, but this is my balanced between optimistic and pessimistic opinion based on stated credence and how they kept to it. Mar my words. (Unless I’m wrong, then sweep it under the rug because I’m never wrong)

Sigh.. i’ll get the brooms

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s anet, they release slowly and slower with every episode. I assume nothing different. Wait til August and then some. Also the expansion will take time, too. At least an additional 3-4 months.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s anet, they release slowly and slower with every episode. I assume nothing different. Wait til August and then some. Also the expansion will take time, too. At least an additional 3-4 months.

Well to be honest, it is:

- the season finale
- they are working on the expansion
- they are working on episode 1 of season 4 (and very likely on the story for Season 4)

That’s also the reason why arenanet officially said the release will be closer to 3-4 months than 2-3.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The episode should have been finished weeks ago considering they’ve had an extra month due to the previous episode (they have 3 teams on 6 month schedules). The problem is, they’re having to wait on the expansion, whether they’re waiting for a big event or it simply not being ready. Gamescom begins August 22, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re planning on revealing it there. The final episode of season 2 was only 11 days prior to HoT’s reveal at PAX, so they may continue to delay this one all the way up to August 15.

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

When It’s Ready™

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m hoping for some kind of information/announcement tomorrow.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

The episode should have been finished weeks ago considering they’ve had an extra month due to the previous episode (they have 3 teams on 6 month schedules). The problem is, they’re having to wait on the expansion, whether they’re waiting for a big event or it simply not being ready. Gamescom begins August 22, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re planning on revealing it there. The final episode of season 2 was only 11 days prior to HoT’s reveal at PAX, so they may continue to delay this one all the way up to August 15.

how does that even make sense,
team for episode 5 took a little longer because they wanted to get it just right. team for chapter 6 was also working on their patch, and team of chapter 4 was moving on the expansion or post expansion work. production resources dont multiply like hydras, if you’re done with your job, you move over to your next job

in Living World

Posted by: Uete.3805

Uete.3805

Well.. I was fully hoping we’d get the trailer tomorrow (meaning we’d get S3E6 on 07/18). However, after reading they are going to address the Outnumbered pip abusing “in the next release” and the lack of updates for 3 weeks now, I’m starting to believe we will get a generic/current events release tomorrow.

Therefore, we’d get the trailer on either 07/18 or (Mordremoth forbid) 07/25, thus having the release on 07/25 or 08/01. This would make sense since they could therefore throw everything expansion-wise for Gamescon.

It pains me it’ll be like that, since that’d mean we wouldn’t get the expansion until next year =(. My reasoning here’s that they’ll want to refine the bugs and their design decisions for the new elite specs in betas. But that should be after they’ve unveiled them all (or almost all). This would take 2 months at the very least. Here’s hoping they will show the expac before and have a beta ready for Gamescon with some elite specs already uncovered.

Sigh…

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

how does that even make sense

How doesn’t it? Internally they have 3 teams working on 6 month schedules. Although they said that releases would be every 2-3 months, going over 2 months means it pushes the release of every other team back. Since team 2 took an extra month, that means team 3 was given an extra month to work with. If team 3 was finished within their 6 month schedule, the episode would have been finished a month ago and it only needed to be delayed to fit into the 2 month release cycle. With them continuing closer to 3 months, that means they will have taken an extra 2 months, so it should be the biggest or most problem-free episode to date, but this is likely just ArenaNet stalling for the expansion. Assuming they want to do a big event again, Gamescom begins August 22 and PAX the following week, so they’d likely want to lessen the gap to one of them, which is now down to 5 weeks at the earliest release.

Something will likely be revealed this week, whether it be the trailer or MO announcing it’s going to take closer to 3 months since it’s the big finale. If they do take the full 3 months, they could reveal the trailer on August 1st, making the release only 2 weeks prior to Gamescom, though it’d be much easier for them to make the main event PAX, since they’re next to it.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Well.. I was fully hoping we’d get the trailer tomorrow (meaning we’d get S3E6 on 07/18). However, after reading they are going to address the Outnumbered pip abusing “in the next release” and the lack of updates for 3 weeks now, I’m starting to believe we will get a generic/current events release tomorrow.

Sigh…

If its any consolation, pve updates wont be affected by pvp or wvw updates, they may try to merge schedules to control the playerbase, ut fixes snd changes wont affect other modes’ agendas.
And whats wrong with the current events? I think theyre a nice flavor during draughts

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

We’ve never got an episode date. Anyway that was huge Anet has told us that it’s the last episode. That’s new.

Also I think today may be the trailer, because we are in the point that the episode can be next week or in 2 or 3 weeks.

The PAX starts at August 29, so there’s a huge possibility that the episode can be in August.

If I remember correctly LS2 finale began 3 weeks before the PAX.

I want an episode next week, but I am aware it can be even in 3 weeks or so.

But I am sure and you should be sure that an episode may come even next week, and imo if it won’t be released next week so I think the last day to release is August 1.

And then people will have time to play an episode and buy the tickets for PAX..

So guys prepare for the hypest 2 months ever!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

I have a feeling that we will be waiting untill the 1st of August for the final update.
With no preview video today (11th July) this means that the next posible date for a video to be put out is on the 18th.

in Living World

Fenom.9457

Disappointed beyond words. My life has next to nothing else, I’m tired of thinking about it every day and getting excited on Mondays and Tuesday mornings only to be crushed into nothing. I thought about spending gems today, but I’m going to wait instead. At this point, or definitely if not out this next week, I will EXPECT it to be bigger/longer. I have no life, it’s hard to go through this every week. I haven’t decided if I’m going to do it this week or not, but pretty soon I’ll look for another game and come back here.. whenever.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Fenom.9457

My entire plan for today was to obsess over the new trailer – I have literally nothing to do

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’re still within the 2-3 month period. They said it would take longer than the others. It not getting a teaser trailer today isn’t a big deal.

I suggest people calm down and not build up hype about a specific date only to set themselves to be let down.

in Living World

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

We’re still within the 2-3 month period. They said it would take longer than the others. It not getting a teaser trailer today isn’t a big deal.

I suggest people calm down and not build up hype about a specific date only to set themselves to be let down.

This. I, too want to see the trailers as soon as possible, like everyone else. But when there’s no official announcement on the date, everyone should pull the brakes on the hype train. No use in getting disappointed over and over again; always understand there’s a chance it won’t be happening when we want.

Besides, two days after the episode we have something to wait AGAIN, so better bask in this hype now because the next one will be LONG!

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I expect the episode on Aug 1 as that’s the last tuesday in the 3-month span. That would put the trailer at July 25.
Anything earlier than that would be a nice surprise!

in Living World

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Besides, two days after the episode we have something to wait AGAIN, so better bask in this hype now because the next one will be LONG!

It’s true that we have to wait ~3 months for the expansion again, but don’t forget that we’re going to get informations about the new elite specs, masteries usw. If they do it like with HoT, we’ll get a livestream each week.

With all 9 classes that satisfyingly covers 2 months for me already. They’ll probably also throw in one or two beta weekends, allowing you to test the elite specs and give feedback if you preordered, just like HoT.

So overall I’d say, this is the last annoying waiting phase before the fun stuff starts!

in Living World

Posted by: Larathia.5284

Larathia.5284

I swear, I just want to know two things, and then I could sit on my hands and wait for the rest:

1) What specs will be needed to play the expac on ultra, so I have time to order and install any upgrades I might need, and

2) When and where I can preorder so I can freakin’ GIVE ANET MY MONEY ALREADY.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

July 25th is the release date.