Dragons, remember them?

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Nayukhuut.4269

Nayukhuut.4269

Sigh, I like the whole living story concept, don’t get me wrong, but whatever happened to the Elder Dragons? I mean… really? It’s been a year since we down Zhaitan and we haven’t heard hide nor hair of the others same some vague rumours. I for one would love some story content that actually led to us defeating one of these, or maybe learning something about them. It feels like all the living story stuff is just base fluff content with a bit of lore heaped on top. I mean, don’t get me wrong as it’s fun, but it’s getting tiresome. If it’s leading somewhere I would like to see where… Otherwise I would love more to do with the Elder Dragons. It doesn’t need to be a dragon that we haven’t heard about. I would even take Jormag getting feisty and we have to beat off a new champion or something. Just something to further the base story rather than side quests.

I dunno, maybe Scarlet has to do with the nature dragon and I’ll end up eating my words. shrugs

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Puff, the elder dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in the land of Sylvari,
Little Scarlet Briar loved that rascal Puff,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. oh!

Together they would travel on a boat with Aether sails
Scarlet kept a lookout perched on Puffs gigantic tail,
Noble kings and princes would bow whenever they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flag when Puff roared out his name. oh!

A dragon lives forever but not Sylvari girls
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Scarlet Briar came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave,
So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Puff, the elder dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in the land of Sylvari,
Little Scarlet Briar loved that rascal Puff,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. oh!

Together they would travel on a boat with Aether sails
Scarlet kept a lookout perched on Puffs gigantic tail,
Noble kings and princes would bow whenever they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flag when Puff roared out his name. oh!

A dragon lives forever but not Sylvari girls
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Scarlet Briar came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave,
So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!

I’m 47 years old and that @&^! song still makes me cry!

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Ugh… if they are going to be anything like the current dragons; please no more dragons. If they end up something closer to the Vindictus Dragons and are just epic kitten fights; hell yes, bring on the dragons!

Maybe have some slightly smaller lesser dragons attack or something (remnants of Zhaitan, Jormag scouting dragons, or something). Just; please, please make them less static than those boring auto-attack “brb snack break” dragons T_T

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I wonder if we could, maybe, get a ‘good’ dragon? One that would help us battle against the others? Of course, players will say that it’s just playing us in order to wipe out the competition so it could be THE alpha dragon. However, it could make for a very interesting boss mechanic….ride on it’s back for an aerial showdown against another dragon.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

The whole dragon bringing about the destruction of the world concept is an overused cliché. I say lure them to a ruse, get them to slaughter each other and when a victor emerges from the dust we kill it while it’s vulnerable. Saves us time from a slow painful execution by horrible writing.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

I have a feeling the dragons will always be in a state of “going to attack soon be wary”.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I wonder if we could, maybe, get a ‘good’ dragon? One that would help us battle against the others? Of course, players will say that it’s just playing us in order to wipe out the competition so it could be THE alpha dragon. However, it could make for a very interesting boss mechanic….ride on it’s back for an aerial showdown against another dragon.

There is (was) and she died. Her sacrifice was wasted thanks to Logan.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

We bashed the dragon, didn’t you remember?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

For the dragons a century is like a blink. We dealt with one of the three active ones, another is kept busy underground. Only Jormag would be a sensible “next target” if we puny mortals dare to be so arrogant. Better even to just deal with his incursion in the form sons of svanir for good and let industry advance to nuke level before we go deal with him (judging from our own world that’s only a few centuries away, with magi-tech probably faster – so get ready to assault Jormag with F16-lookalikes in 2014/15!!

Humor aside, the dragons are threats on a much grander timetable, vanquishing one per year would seem unbelievable. Imo it’s better to have some down-to-earth events and threats in between for a few years, and slowly sow seeds of information, rumors and later plot points to make the chapter of the next dragon fight more memorable. For example, the asura that helps you assault the risen vessel in the personal story and dies in the process would hit closer to home if you had known him throughout 2 years of living story, and not just 15 minutes before his death.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

actually i expected that there will be 1 another elder dragon after every year. That would take 5 years before slaying all elder dragons. 5 years!!!

#ELEtism

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

id like to slay jormag during a wintersday patch, maybe the living story starts during a wintersday event as a taster/prequel and a few months later, we get the permenent content?

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

There’s something like 5 or 6 dragons still left to fight. I never understood people who said if we fought them so soon in LS, we’d run out. I think it’d be neat if we spent like a year or half a year of releases doing things that eventually work toward defeating one of the Elder Dragons. Maybe with other releases of unrelated nature or “breather” updates mixed in. Each year would knock off another Elder Dragon. What happens when all the dragons are gone? We’ll figure it out when we get there.

i think thats what i want to start happening in ls us to move toward the dragons take a year to get there would be cool. it gives us time and then time to add the new areas time to explore new areas. serious 5 years from now it might be time then to think gw3 cause im sure game engines will improve and time to move to the next one

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

How long do you think it should take to fight all the dragons? After we defeat the dragons, what then?

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

How long do you think it should take to fight all the dragons? After we defeat the dragons, what then?

Well, Cantha and Elona would provide a couple of years each, with the unknown continent also unexplored. There’s a good ten years from just dragons and that alone if they chose that path. I wouldn’t want to slay the dragons within 5 years mind, I just want to see them really starting to have some impact.

p.s..the puff the magic dragon song Elb posted – genius

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Well, Cantha and Elona would provide a couple of years each, with the unknown continent also unexplored. There’s a good ten years from just dragons and that alone if they chose that path. I wouldn’t want to slay the dragons within 5 years mind, I just want to see them really starting to have some impact.

p.s..the puff the magic dragon song Elb posted – genius

Cantha and Elona are not dragons. SO, if we stretch the 5 remaining dragons out 10 years as you suggest, then it’s 2 years until the next dragon. Anet seems to be on pace according to your suggestions.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ah I don’t mean stretching the dragons out 10 years on their own, I merely suggested other options that we would have should all the dragons hypothetically be dead in 5 years (which probably wouldn’t be a wise idea anyway – killing one off in the first few months was too soon as it was). There’s easily 10 years mileage in 3 extra continents alongside 5 dragons.

If the devs chose to go that way of course..

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i was thinking a year between dragons(5 more years in my calculations are correct) if game goes on longer(i see lifetime of game at about 7 years anyways) then that there is always potential of finding new dragons if anet so wants to implement them

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

mursaat

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

mursaat

And after that there still are stories to be told about Palawa Joko, Cantha, Tengu, Margonites, Forgotten, Menzies, Dhuum, the Titans, Largos, Dredge, etc etc.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

GW1 and real lore > dragons > living story

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

GW1 and real lore > dragons > living story

If you want GW1 lore, then play GW1. This isn’t GW1, it’s GW2 in case you hadn’t heard.

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: roque.5162

roque.5162

I’m fine as long as they start hinting about another dragon rising in spring next year. Scarlet is merely the beta test for the living story system. It’s feels stretched out because it’s supposed to begin and and at the same time as the current year. They haven’t gotten the full handle of it, but they eventually will. Just give them some credit darn, with people complaining for every single bit of new content how do you expect them to release a dragon without preparation?

Lore wise, it makes sense. Zhaitan was honestly the closest dragon and the most violent one to rise. Primordus is far underneath, raising his army little by little to eventually strike. Kralky must still be regenerating and preparing for some revenge. Jormag seems to be a far more calculating dragon since he induces control by bribing people’s minds. He doesn’t even need to move or send a lieutenant to spread corruption. We will have to force him out but we’re not ready yet. As for Mordremoth, we don’t even know if it’s awake yet. Bubbles is awake but he has no business in land, yet. He has the whole unending ocean to corrupt. Give ’em time.

I mean.. am I the only time that takes a good while to get ready for work right after waking up on monday?

Dragons, remember them?

in Living World

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

For the dragons a century is like a blink. We dealt with one of the three active ones, another is kept busy underground. Only Jormag would be a sensible “next target” if we puny mortals dare to be so arrogant. Better even to just deal with his incursion in the form sons of svanir for good and let industry advance to nuke level before we go deal with him (judging from our own world that’s only a few centuries away, with magi-tech probably faster – so get ready to assault Jormag with F16-lookalikes in 2014/15!!

Humor aside, the dragons are threats on a much grander timetable, vanquishing one per year would seem unbelievable. Imo it’s better to have some down-to-earth events and threats in between for a few years, and slowly sow seeds of information, rumors and later plot points to make the chapter of the next dragon fight more memorable. For example, the asura that helps you assault the risen vessel in the personal story and dies in the process would hit closer to home if you had known him throughout 2 years of living story, and not just 15 minutes before his death.

So you’re saying we have to wait a few centuries to fight the next one. I’d be happy with that, if it was actually a decent fight, unlike Zhaitan :P