Everything is a jumping puzzle now

in Living World

Posted by: Rathamon.6945

Rathamon.6945

Seriously,

Everything you have added that is new is nothing but a bunch of jumping puzzles or jumping here or there to do things. Why is this? I was looking forward to new content as in new areas but somehow you all have LOST how this game should be done.

Jumping puzzles use to be a OPTION and now it is 50% of doing things. Just look how the game was designed from the start, it did not focus around jumping with some story line in between.

in Living World

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

It’s basic jumping that requires very little skill…And once you do the jumping the first time around, a WP usually waits for you on the other side.

If you’re incapable of doing it the first time, I’m sure some mesmer will be happy to help…

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Really? The coins require jumping…that’s it. Is that what you consider “everything”?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: Onichi.4073

Onichi.4073

Not really jumping puzzles. Just requires you to jump. I personally like it.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

the new backpiece items require you to do jumping puzzles which i guess ill never get i hate jumping puzles and so sick of making a mesmer friend come around to help me through them

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I pains me that anyone would even find this difficult enough to call it a puzzle.

in Living World

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

anything that is optional that requires jumping puzzles doesn’t make EVERYTHING suddenly need jumping puzzles. Just because its something you want doesn’t mean that it’s ‘everything’. the coins, and the back piece are clearly optional. Don’t want to jump? then don’t get them.

in Living World

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I pains me that anyone would even find this difficult enough to call it a puzzle.

So much +1, unbelievable…

Dear Anet, A lot of us love your “jumping required/optional” content. Please keep it coming!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

the new backpiece items require you to do jumping puzzles which i guess ill never get i hate jumping puzles and so sick of making a mesmer friend come around to help me through them

If you are meaning Thamanova reactor – no real jumping there. That one you need to get the keys to so you can get to the Steam Ogre and charge your orb as well on that platform. I will say that one was incredibly non-intuitive. Lot of folk jumping up as far as they could get on the roof before someone mentioned you needed the keys to open the portal to the Steam Ogre. Then it was a doh moment.

Vexa’s lab isn’t so much a jumping puzzle as you can run along the rims while avoiding the bots to get to the other side. Right now there are plenty of folk fighting Vexa so getting that one is pretty easy. If you fall off the rims just swim to the ramps and climb up again. Rinse and repeat until Vexa is gone. The area to charge the orb is up one of the ramps. It may be possible to do that during the fight but not sure.

Foxfire cluster one was just finding the pollen rich zepher in Aurora’s Remains – very easy to find if you have ever done that one. Small bit of jumping over some shrooms but nothing difficult. All that is doable.

Main issue now for me is my seed turned into a Pet Seed which is a bug. ANet is aware and looking at that one. So just making Meaty Plant food and working on my exotic luck until they fix that.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

To be fair, I don’t personally have a problem with these JPs, I’ve done them before and did them today just fine, but I can totally understand why some players would really hate these.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

ricky markham.8173

If you are meaning Thamanova reactor – no real jumping there. That one you need to get the keys to so you can get to the Steam Ogre and charge your orb as well on that platform. I will say that one was incredibly non-intuitive. Lot of folk jumping up as far as they could get on the roof before someone mentioned you needed the keys to open the portal to the Steam Ogre. Then it was a doh moment.

Vexa’s lab isn’t so much a jumping puzzle as you can run along the rims while avoiding the bots to get to the other side. Right now there are plenty of folk fighting Vexa so getting that one is pretty easy. If you fall off the rims just swim to the ramps and climb up again. Rinse and repeat until Vexa is gone. The area to charge the orb is up one of the ramps. It may be possible to do that during the fight but not sure.

Foxfire cluster one was just finding the pollen rich zepher in Aurora’s Remains – very easy to find if you have ever done that one. Small bit of jumping over some shrooms but nothing difficult. All that is doable.

Main issue now for me is my seed turned into a Pet Seed which is a bug. ANet is aware and looking at that one. So just making Meaty Plant food and working on my exotic luck until they fix that.

i found out about the thamanova after i typed this so take that off the list.
i died five times trying to get into vexas lab what is that 6 or 8 simple jumps. im telling you jp arent my thing i got inside the last time i did it and got booted never got past the first part.
im still looking for a port to that one in frostgorge i got pretty far and quit due to fustration. i rarely can do easy jp’s and anything with any jumping skill ill never do without help
i understand i just wont do and probably end up deleting the items before i could finish one backpack. im a skin person but i have my doubts ill finish it uinless i come across nice people thatll help me out. the thing i got guildmates who do help in a lot of stuff but when it comes to jp’s im sick of asking for it.

and yes before anyone else says it i know its optional but id like to have the skins in my wardrobe at least

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m very happy with more jumping being involved in the exploration of areas, it makes it more interesting and I’d like to see more like it =D.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I’m very happy with more jumping being involved in the exploration of areas, it makes it more interesting and I’d like to see more like it =D.

I agree =)

in Living World

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Seriously? I still wonder how some people manage the jade fractal considering jumping is required for that, and that’s about as difficult as anything we have seen in the LS.

BOOM

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

i died five times trying to get into vexas lab what is that 6 or 8 simple jumps. im telling you jp arent my thing i got inside the last time i did it and got booted never got past the first part.
im still looking for a port to that one in frostgorge i got pretty far and quit due to fustration. i rarely can do easy jp’s and anything with any jumping skill ill never do without help
i understand i just wont do and probably end up deleting the items before i could finish one backpack. im a skin person but i have my doubts ill finish it uinless i come across nice people thatll help me out. the thing i got guildmates who do help in a lot of stuff but when it comes to jp’s im sick of asking for it.

and yes before anyone else says it i know its optional but id like to have the skins in my wardrobe at least

I do understand the jumping bits – not a big fan of them overall even if I have managed to get some of them down so to speak. Frostgorge one is a pain because of all the trash shooting at you. Don’t hesitate to ask in map chat that you are having difficulty and ask if anyone would be willing to assist in porting. There are a surprising number of very nice folk who will help you out.

Vexa’s lab, one trick is to just stay on the rims and work your way around. The bit with the roaming robots is definitely harder, again you want to stay on the rims and keep moving until you get over to the end. That part you won’t die if you fall down at least. Right now there are a lot of folk doing these puzzles so try asking for assistance and see if you can get it done that way.

in Living World

Posted by: Inkie Pinkie.9458

Inkie Pinkie.9458

I agree that jumping has become too big a part of the game. Its just another way of telling us its too difficult to create content w/o having to jump all around . As u know the very tall norns have a very hard time with most jumps that other races find easy. Also finding a mesmer to get around the problem is not an answer.

Inkie

in Living World

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

I agree, I was super excited after coming back to the game since about a month after launch that there are new zones to explore, and dismayed to find that jumping constantly is required to traverse it.. yes most of the jumps aren’t too difficult but its just annoying and some of them can be frustrating if you aren’t good at general jumping like me. I struggle with vista’s even though I don’t mind them since they are easy enough after a few tries if I fail. but having the aspects being timed for 15 seconds instead of being able to take my time slowly which is how I manage to make other jumps in the game, also just to be able to get from point A to point B in the zone and if you don’t make it you end up in the ravine with mobs swarming you. I don’t want to take jumping away from anyone else and think it should be there because I see how people love it but I really hope it stops being a requirement to travel, other then extra loot/achievements..(like the original jumping puzzles in the game) or maybe have an option to go slower and take our time and have more area’s we can just run through and the jumpers can take the quick short cut routes through the zone if they like.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I started up one jumping part and a bunch of people followed me, even though I had no idea where I was going. So we all just stood around on top of the reactor.

Then someone said something about keys, but no one had any idea what keys, or where to get them, or even what to use them for.

Then a Mesmer ported us all up anyway, but it turned out that the chaos was bugged and half the people couldn’t channel it anyway. At least we got a boss chest out of it, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

For the next scavenger hunt I suggest locating it in the Forsaken Halls, or the Hidden Garden. Having them located in a place that 90 percent of the player base is unaware even exists can only lead to amusement.

in Living World

ricky markham.8173

I do understand the jumping bits – not a big fan of them overall even if I have managed to get some of them down so to speak. Frostgorge one is a pain because of all the trash shooting at you. Don’t hesitate to ask in map chat that you are having difficulty and ask if anyone would be willing to assist in porting. There are a surprising number of very nice folk who will help you out.

Vexa’s lab, one trick is to just stay on the rims and work your way around. The bit with the roaming robots is definitely harder, again you want to stay on the rims and keep moving until you get over to the end. That part you won’t die if you fall down at least. Right now there are a lot of folk doing these puzzles so try asking for assistance and see if you can get it done that way.

tried doing what you said four different times in frostgate and got no help got to wait til my big jp person in my guild gets on hell help me. havent been back to vexxs lab yet and i was going slow didnt know it had timer that kicked me out just got to move quicker there maybe after a time or two i might get there

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Everything is a jumping puzzle now <<< Good.