Fang of the Serpent in Hoelbrak

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So Jormag’s fang still sits undamaged and invulnerable in Hoelbrak, and now this new ep3 trailer hints that we are headed north..
Some characters say that it’s time to face Jormag once someone manages to damage the fang.. So will this be soon then?

in Living World

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Braham will break it… i bet 1 copper on it.

in Living World

Posted by: Neve.3145

Neve.3145

And it will be the last scene (cutscene) we will see for that episode. #Cliffhanger

in Living World

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I think it should be forged as a weapon against the dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

ANet is pretty bad/slow/doesn’t at updating home cities and instances. Rytlock is apparently still on leave to LA, even though in reality he’s been detained by the Imperator, and isn’t even a Tribune anymore(so who’s the new one?). If they are to do it, it’ll be in an instance only, that way new players won’t pop up into a world with a twisted time line.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They don’t update what gets updated from the personal story, which would be the home instances and the DE instances. The rest they’ll update – see Caudecus’ disappearance from the Throne Room in DR or Pale Tree being unconscious (still) since The World Summit in S2.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Andovar Edoras.2143

I’m not expecting the fang to be broken in the open world, but just for them to show that it can be damaged (fine if in an instance)

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Personally, I’m expecting the PC to break/damage it, possibly with one of the Ancient Magics masteries if it happens in LS3. However, I suspect it’s likely to be the climactic lead-in to an expansion with Jormag as the focus, and I don’t think we’re far enough in for that to be on the cards just yet.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

My bet is on Bram, after ep 3 Bram has had time to reflect on Eir’s passing, in a sense he is ready to face this beast but we only truly see this in him when he returns to Holbrak for god knows only what……he heads past the tooth of Jormag to get to Knut leader of the norn to speak to him, now either he takes a bash at hitting the tooth before by accident…..or Eir’s will is given to Bram after he went past the tooth and he finds something he wasn’t expecting from her before she died….whether it is a rush of rage or sadness that overtakes him but when that happens the magical barrier protecting the tooth is broken, do not forget that Eir’s bloodline goes all the way back to Jora’s and what was Jora’s Brother in the end? a Son of Svanir, the first Svanir we ever fought in Guildwars.
this the shows that we are ready to take our friend to kill this beast, i highly doubt that we the players will attack the tooth and set it in stone that we will be ready because we all know, we have killed 2 dragons already that in itself shows we are more than ready.
Please if you took the time to read this, let me know what you think of this well traversed story speculation, i have really tried to dig deep into the lore and i’m 99% sure i am on the exact mark of what were heading for.

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

(edited by tazzannl.5016)

in Living World

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

didn’t Destiny’s Edge use Kralk’s scales against him?

So it’s not a bad idea. Also, since the Fang is part of Jormag, does that mean he knows where it is if he wants it back?

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in Living World

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

So it’s not a bad idea. Also, since the Fang is part of Jormag, does that mean he knows where it is if he wants it back?

Yes, which is why I’m saying that.

in Living World

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

An NPC in Holbrak still exclaims ‘To Eir, she’ll break the fang yet!"

To which another replies, ’I’m not so sure.’

Following the Norn story line and getting to help Beigarth the Smith make a weapon I was expecting all Norn characters to break it. This actually needed me to find some Deldrimor steel.

I think that Braham breaking it using Beigarth’s weapon would be a good option.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Eir gave Magdaer to a smith to reforge. Maybe Braham will be given it once it’s finished being reforged since Eir is now dead. Eir intended to give it to Logan, but he’s kind of out of action for now and Braham has no such ties to bind him to giving the sword to Logan.

In Edge of Destiny, Rytlock was going to attack the fang with Sohothin, but Eir stopped him. Kind of felt like the stopping was forced while Rytlock would strike the fang. I think those weapons could damage it.

So I think Braham will break the fang with Magdaer.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It’s possible. It’s worth noting that while Braham doesn’t have the ties to Logan that Eir does, he may still respect his mother’s wishes on it (the PC should know if nobody else does) and/or have more respect for the weapon being of human heritage than Rytlock has about Sohothin. However, if it does prove able to harm a dragon, Logan probably wouldn’t have an objection to someone else wielding it while he’s laid up.

I could also see it being a weapon that is given to the PC, like Caladbolg, although ArenaNet might be a little wary of that approach given that it caused some problems with balancing the sylvari story instances.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Andovar Edoras.2143

It’s nice that the NPCs in the newest episode indeed brought up the Fang, and didnt just ignore it completely.

in Living World

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

My bet is on Bram, after ep 3 Bram has had time to reflect on Eir’s passing, in a sense he is ready to face this beast but we only truly see this in him when he returns to Holbrak for god knows only what……he heads past the tooth of Jormag to get to Knut leader of the norn to speak to him, now either he takes a bash at hitting the tooth before by accident…..or Eir’s will is given to Bram after he went past the tooth and he finds something he wasn’t expecting from her before she died….whether it is a rush of rage or sadness that overtakes him but when that happens the magical barrier protecting the tooth is broken, do not forget that Eir’s bloodline goes all the way back to Jora’s and what was Jora’s Brother in the end? a Son of Svanir, the first Svanir we ever fought in Guildwars.
this the shows that we are ready to take our friend to kill this beast, i highly doubt that we the players will attack the tooth and set it in stone that we will be ready because we all know, we have killed 2 dragons already that in itself shows we are more than ready.
Please if you took the time to read this, let me know what you think of this well traversed story speculation, i have really tried to dig deep into the lore and i’m 99% sure i am on the exact mark of what were heading for.

Called it!

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Some dragons need a high-five
In the face
At full force
With their own fangs

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Called it!

Loosely……

You wrote it out though as if it would be an afterthought for Braham when instead it was the only reason he even went to Hoelbrak after the episode.

in Living World

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I completely glazed over what the scroll was that Braham wanted for Eir’s bow or how he discovered that it existed or anything.

However, now that he’s used the scroll on the bow I want to know if we can mass produce “flaming bows of jormagslaying” to arm the warriors of Hoelbrak – and I don’t just mean the Wolfborn I mean the whole town. “Let’s go people!”

Oh hey now there’s a job for Beigarth… and all the other norn smiths for that matter.

What would be really funny – and I mean completely hilarious as a norn player – is if we go and kill Jormag with our own Shiverpeak magic and Taimi is rendered completely irrelevant for this dragon. That would wind her up a right treat.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

What do we know about the dragon biology? Could the fang grow back in Jormag’s mouth? What I wonder is why the fang isn’t corrupting anyone like that sword made from his blood.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

And it will be the last scene (cutscene) we will see for that episode. #Cliffhanger

oh my god

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

and the time we found a sword of jormags blood then it randomly got lost?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

At the beginning of the episode, you travel to Hoelbrak to get information. One of the elders gives you directions to the new map. Did any of you speak to him again after getting those directions? He has a few things to say about the fang and the traditions surrounding it.

Braham has apparently bought into a myth that was made up to keep rash kids from running off and getting themselves killed. What does scratching the fang prove, given that Asgeir himself was killed by Jormag despite being able to pull that fang?

in Living World

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

oh my god

Call us Acno and Neve :P that’s our job-name. Neve high five \o

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

The tooth’s HP is still full. I think it’s a fraud. Braham glued that arrow up there and painted in the cracks! >:o

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.