Festival Of the Four Winds

in Living World

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

Awesome. I hope my gauntlet tournament progress is saved from last time around!

I really don’t feel like grinding all the way through that again.

in Living World

Posted by: ViktorAlgeheri.9825

ViktorAlgeheri.9825

Knowing ANET its probably been reset, to make things more “fun”.

Thief -Viktor Vince -

in Living World

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

Knowing ANET its probably been reset, to make things more “fun”.

Yeah, that’s what I assumed. It was wishful thinking. I just wasn’t able to finish off Liadri before the thing ended. Back to the drawing board I guess. Kittens!

in Living World

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

Knowing Anet, some dev just mashed CTRL-V as hard as they could and then turned the office lights off and went home to watch Game of Thrones.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

In my head, I envision them slowly letting Cantha bleed into the LS through the Zephyrites and their journeys. If only Elona had a similar way of infiltrating the LS, I could rest easy

The Zephyrites have nothing to do with Cantha…

Actually the fact that they trade with Cantha, have heavily Canthan inspired architecture, and that some of them are of Canthan descent suggests that they do…

They also have links to Glint and the Brotherhood of the Dragon which is all Tyrian in origin so they’re not exclusively Canthan. They may have links to Cantha but suggesting that the arrival of the Zephyrites points to the story moving to Cantha is most likely wrong.

I said they have something to do with Cantha, not that this means the story is going to suddenly shift to Cantha O_o. And yes, they have a lot of ties to Tyria and Elona as well, but their architecture is undeniably Canthan. I see them as a potential means for Anet moving the store to a more Canthan focus years down the line when they’re ready for that.

in Living World

Posted by: Craola.2405

Craola.2405

Zephyr helmet! My fav. helm in the entire game, thoe I don’t have it..are they gonna give us a chance to get them now? It would make my gw2 life.

in Living World

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Would love to see video of the launch event in China. I hope to see some utube stuff up soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Would love to see video of the launch event in China. I hope to see some utube stuff up soon.

You can try this link.
http://video.sina.com.cn/l/p/1685000.html

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

You can try this link.

Nice link, Belenwyn! Impressive video. I am sure our Chinese compatriots will enjoy the game as much as we have.

I hope Anet will add a bit of new content to the Festival though to change it up a bit. I am definitely looking forward to the vendors as well.

in Living World

Posted by: DivineRequiem.2710

DivineRequiem.2710

Cantha? It’s not even part of the map we have so far, and even this one is missing loads of areas. I wouldn’t waste 1 joule on thinking about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I wouldn’t waste 1 joule on thinking about it.

Same. I don’t understand this obsession with Cantha. Personally, I thought Factions was the least enjoyable campaign in the first game. Prophecies simply kicked butt! Beautiful and inspiring.

in Living World

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

I’m going to enjoy watching all the new players fumble about on those cliffs. I know, I know: I’m sadistic lol

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m an old player, and I’ll still be fumbling about on those cliffs

in Living World

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

You can try this link.

;(( I couldn’t get the link to work.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wouldn’t waste 1 joule on thinking about it.

Same. I don’t understand this obsession with Cantha. Personally, I thought Factions was the least enjoyable campaign in the first game. Prophecies simply kicked butt! Beautiful and inspiring.

Factions is still the most beautiful of the 3 campaigns to me. However, its flaw was that it was a bit too fast paced and had too steep of a learning curve. It went from “Master Togo will hold your hand through everything!” to “Let’s watch you get pwned by level 20 mobs.” before players really had a chance to learn their builds.

Prophecies had a nice, gradual learning curve, but a bit too slow, in my opinion. (Waiting till the desert missions for your final attribute points was too long.) Nightfall had the best story and the best learning curve, although I didn’t find Elona as aesthetically pleasing to me as Tyria or Cantha was. (Still very beautiful though, and I give plenty of kudos to ANet for portraying African/Middle Eastern cultures in a positive and enlightening way. Far too many other games portray them as being barbaric, uncivilised or downright terrorist-loving regions.)

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Cantha? It’s not even part of the map we have so far, and even this one is missing loads of areas. I wouldn’t waste 1 joule on thinking about it.

GW1 worked the same way, there were large portions of the map left unexplored before Arenanet released Cantha.

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I put Cantha in the same category as mounts. It’s a dead horse and it’s not happening. The story of GW2 is centered around dragons most of whom are based in Tyria (Primordus, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Zhaitan, and Mordremoth). We’ll most likely see Elona long before Cantha because of Kralkatorrik. The only missing dragon is the deep sea dragon and I doubt ANet will open access to Cantha for that one dragon when we have 4 other dragons to contend with right here in Tyria.

in Living World

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

I put Cantha in the same category as mounts. It’s a dead horse and it’s not happening. The story of GW2 is centered around dragons most of whom are based in Tyria (Primordus, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Zhaitan, and Mordremoth). We’ll most likely see Elona long before Cantha because of Kralkatorrik. The only missing dragon is the deep sea dragon and I doubt ANet will open access to Cantha for that one dragon when we have 4 other dragons to contend with right here in Tyria.

I don’t doubt the writers’ abilities to come up with an explanation for travelling to Cantha if that’s what the players are asking for. Sure, there are constraints that they’ll have to work with, i.e., the other dragons’ presence in Tyria, etc.; that’s normal to work with, though, and there’s enough unknown about Cantha and the world that they could develop a convincing reason to expand there. Also, I wouldn’t put it in the same category as mounts because mounts never existed in GW1, so I would think mounts are not as much of an expectation for players/tendency for the devs as Cantha is.