Finally Return to Maguuma!

in Living World

Posted by: Aradusm.6420

Aradusm.6420

Don’t expect Maguuma to be the same, it will be different and completely unique compared to other regions we have visited. Not only this will open up new weapons/dungeons/trinkets/story-line/monsters/grand new city, we will also have new jumping puzzles and guild missions as well. On top of that, we will definitely see introduction of a new world boss meaning the list will grow. If we are lucky, they might just release a new profession which is completely new and unique compared to other profession, this profession could be native to Maguuma.

As for the Zephyr ships crash landing inside Maguuma, we might find them building an permanent settlement within this region because they must strive to regain flight. Remember they hold many mysteries and this can tie into gaining new skills for existing professions as well. You will also be able to participate in events towards helping them get back into the air. Maybe the Zephyr might play a major role in defeating the new elder dragon that has risen.

I know I am going to be there for day one of Gate of Maguuma opening, I would venture deep into the lands while exploring, hoping to find unique treasures and scenes that no one has seen in hundreds of years since the first Guild Wars 2. Remember this is the second season and the seasons seem to be based around the awakening of the Elder Dragons. So trust me when I say this, with each new season, new regions released and new elder dragon risen from their slumber.

As for those who say destroying of everything they love is starting to take a toll on the land, remember the Elder Dragons and the people who are trying to hasten their resurrection do everything they can to weaken us. It is war… the war never ended when we defeated the first elder dragon, it just only begun and many ancient wonders or casualties will be lost before we rise from the ashes victories or defeated all depending on our choices.

This is after all, an living breathing world that is shaped and evolved by our choices in the game.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Do not post personal speculation as fact. There is absolutely nothing to suggest new weapons, dungeons, trinkets or a city. Why would there be a new city?

Why would there be a profession native to the Maguuma? As far as we know it’s no longer lived in, aside from bandits and inquest.

Why would the Zephyrites build a “permanent” settlement in order to restore their ship, they might build a TEMPORARY settlement, but once they’re up in the air they’re gone.

You’re all wrong about a new dragon awakening each season. We had good evidence to suggest that Mordremoth existed before his awakening at the end of season 1. All of the dragons are now awake, if there are more they aren’t going to be introduced for years to come.

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Do not post personal speculation as fact… All of the dragons are now awake, if there are more they aren’t going to be introduced for years to come.

O_o

in Living World

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Do not post personal speculation as fact… All of the dragons are now awake, if there are more they aren’t going to be introduced for years to come.

O_o

Double O_o

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

?? Care to expand on what you don’t understand?
With Mordremoth having been awakened he joins Zhatain, Primordius, Kralk, Jormag, and the Deep Sea Dragon. That covers all of the zones in the Crucible of Eternity and provides quite a bit of content for Arenanet to create and cover since we have to defeat all of those and they’re stated clearly before that they would never have us kill more than one dragon a year (and it would most likely be longer gaps in between). So why would we expect there to be any more dragons for quite some time? Especially given that there is usually a gap of 50 or so in game years between their awakenings.

If the “do not post personal speculation…” bit is what confused you – go read the OP. The way they word everything sounds as if they somehow know what is going to be released. They aren’t offering them as suggestions or conjecture, they’re making statements – statements which are false/highly unlikely.

in Living World

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

If the “do not post personal speculation…” bit is what confused you – go read the OP. The way they word everything sounds as if they somehow know what is going to be released. They aren’t offering them as suggestions or conjecture, they’re making statements – statements which are false/highly unlikely.

Probably this part, it came off rather harshly.

In fairness to the OP, last time we got a large new area, it came with a world boss, we’ve had new dungeons(Twilight arbor aetherblade path) included with the living story as well as new weapons skins, armour skins (gemstore mostly), trinkets is almost a certainty since they have a few stat variations they haven’t included yet and new monsters is almost guaranteed with a new area (new dragon minions are likely)

As for the city, he did say maybe, it’s unlikely that the Zephyrites will set it up, but if the area is as large as is expected then there is more than likely going to be some sort of settlement over there.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

My question is why would you assume that we WOULDN’T get new zones, new dungeons and new jumping puzzles in Maguuma? Take the content released over the last several months and actually think about what it was in terms of map creation. There have been a LOT of new maps made, it’s just harder because by their own design, you can’t actually go through any of them. If instead they’d have left them up or created new maps instead of rewriting existing ones, I don’t think people would be claiming that new maps are impossible.

Last season was all about blowing up the world they had created, this season is clearly about expanding upon that world.

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

So don’t use personal speculation as fact. Got it. Don’t post things we aren’t 100% sure on as fact. Nothing.

1.) All of the dragons are now awake.
2.) If there are more they aren’t going to be introduced for years to come.

Please post source so you don’t break your own standard.

(edited by Prophet.6257)

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

I am waiting for the Wind Dragon (air element), Sky Dragon (holy element) and the Dragon of the Mists (chaos element). GW2 haven’t even dealt with the other 4 dragons yet. From this I could tell this will be a very long story.

in Living World

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

“Holy dragon” would be Kunnavang would it not? Well it’s Celestial, but that’s close enough.
(edited cos forum censor bot does not like the world Wouldn’t followed by it! :P )

(edited by Bathos.6341)

in Living World

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

Do not post personal speculation as fact. There is absolutely nothing to suggest new weapons, dungeons, trinkets or a city. Why would there be a new city?

Why would there be a profession native to the Maguuma? As far as we know it’s no longer lived in, aside from bandits and inquest.

Why would the Zephyrites build a “permanent” settlement in order to restore their ship, they might build a TEMPORARY settlement, but once they’re up in the air they’re gone.

You’re all wrong about a new dragon awakening each season. We had good evidence to suggest that Mordremoth existed before his awakening at the end of season 1. All of the dragons are now awake, if there are more they aren’t going to be introduced for years to come.

Nice sound reasoning as far as Im concerned. Im almost certain we will be getting at least 1 new map during this SEASON and am fairly convinced we will be getting a new dungeon or at the vary least a new fractal or two. The ability to replay story missions will be a nice edition too I think I even read something about being able to play them on a higher difficulty (I cant be sure of this so don’t quote me or Ill shiv you in WvW). So they’ll be nice. They did pseudo-conform a long time ago that we would eventually get new weapons in a post about battleaxes a while back. But I’m not sure if their still planning to do that. Or if their would be any lore reason for it in S2. So don’t go making any wild claims to overhipe the season just so everyone will be disappointed.