Flame and Frost: A Rallying Flame (Bonfire) [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

April 30th, 14:35
“The Flame and Frost epilogue will be active from Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific until Thursday May 16 at 12:00am Pacific the release of the Secret of Southsun on Tuesday May 14. The epilogue will mostly consist of conversations and story elements; there are no exclusive rewards to be given at this time.”

“Correction: The original given date for the end of the Flame and Frost epilogue was incorrect. The epilogue will actually conclude on Tuesday May 14 with the release of the Secret of Southsun update.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/flameandfrost/A-Guide-to-Flame-Frost-Retribution/first#post2018137

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Living World

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

This is seriously messed up.

ANet said it was till the 16th. I did ALL the Living Story achievements and now they do this???

Come on, ANet, this is blatantly unfair to those who did ALL the quests!!!

Fix this, show that you at least care a MINIMUM about your players, gee.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Living World

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think it was always the 14th

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Living World

Posted by: Forged.5608

Forged.5608

so we atr confirmed to be screwed utterly is that it?

in Living World

Posted by: thisisnoise.1567

thisisnoise.1567

No, it was the 16th at first. It was just moved forward because they wanted to start the Secret of Southsun thing today, and having two events at the same time is apparently confusing. Because of this, many people missed out on the final achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: anneleenc.4620

anneleenc.4620

And is this supposed to make me feel better?

in Living World

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

So they decide to roll a patch out at 10AM EST instead of their normal 8PM EST on the day they’re ending content?

Sweet. Glad to know they’re looking out for me.

in Living World

Posted by: Elodie.3850

Elodie.3850

So because people can’t check the forums every day they get left out of short lived content..? I’m sads.. guess I’ll have to make a point to add checking the game and forums every day to my schedule so it doesn’t happen again.. -.-

in Living World

Forged.5608

hopefully they will lots of people would lose the achiev as a result they should’ve at least warn us before hand, because if this my entire day is ruined

it is simply unfair to change plans with little to no warning why is it so hard to add the bonfires for until the 16th this rather silly IMHO

(edited by Forged.5608)

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

why do you troll us ANET?
Give us the Bonfire back! You said it will be there till 16.!
I trusted you! And you troll me? Will you also troll me when i buy gems in the store?

in Living World

Forged.5608

i feel you infamous 1+ for you

in Living World

anneleenc.4620

I NEED CLOSURE.

in Living World

Posted by: thisisnoise.1567

thisisnoise.1567

I NEED CLOSURE.

“You really shouldn’t underestimate the importance of closure” – My theater professor at university

in Living World

Posted by: Elodie.3850

Elodie.3850

Yea ANet, don’t underestimate how important this is to us and what it means to us ;(

in Living World

Posted by: Tidus Van Kennedy.8320

Tidus Van Kennedy.8320

I think it is really unfair against all Players who want to finish the living Story…
I was not online the last days and i think i can fishsi it till 16.05. But today i read i only can get it today, bevor the update……
I Play everything on alle Events, and then, if i not online for few days i miss something..
I want get the archivement and want too know how the Story Ends :/

Pls bring the fire back

in Living World

Posted by: Quasi.5281

Quasi.5281

If you don’t know what’s with all the A Rallying Flame posts, let me explain in breath-taking detail:
- Flame and Frost achievement “A Rallying Flame” announced to be on May 16th in a guide.
- May 16th suddenly changed to May 14th; ArenaNet fails to notify players of the date correction (which shouldn’t have occurred in the first place).

So thank you ArenaNet, for continuing to soil your reputation to us MMO noobies. It’s hard enough trying to understand a game with the worst entrance gameplay in video game history, let alone trying to figure out what to do with muddy instructions for achievements when you guys can’t even get a date right.

From all the noobs you screwed over,
Hot glue your nipples to a car tire.

“You don’t understand Quasi, they have lives and jobs. People make mistakes.”
You’re right. They’re job is maintain and provide new content for Guild Wars 2. When people make mistakes, they fix it. In this case, they (ArenaNet) should rollback to hold out on their original plan since they failed to make an effective attempt at notifying players of their mistakes.

“You’re just raging, you kid. It’s only a game; calm down.”
It is a game; good observation. Raging? No. Upset? Yes. I looked forward to seeing the epilogue of the Living Story played out and I’m disappointed it’s no longer, especially at the fault of a date error.

“It’s only an achievement.”
Not just that but a resolution of the story line. Some people, like me, are OCD for this stuff. I need to have all the achievements for a story. I need to see it through to the end. ArenaNet screwing up the ending date means I can no longer get the achievement, meaning I now have a huge feeling similar to holding back a sneeze.

in Living World

anneleenc.4620

I totally agree with you.

in Living World

Posted by: Infamous NX.6349

Infamous NX.6349

agreed!

ANet just saying “we made an error in announcing the right date when the event expires” isnt sufficent to me! i want solutions!

in Living World

Posted by: Thor.5012

Thor.5012

agreed!
Actually, by doing what they did, they are just showing that the living story is not that important for them …
They just want to add content to keep people playing?

in Living World

anneleenc.4620

What bothers me the most is that they didn’t even give us a heads-up. They only announced in on the forum, which most people don’t check frequently or at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiyeon.2681

Shiyeon.2681

I’m sad. I did everything, I saw the post:

“A Rallying Flame Achievement

This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel."

I work, so I don’t have time to be on forum or play the game like I wanted to. It’s not my fault for losing the day, it’s fault of who misstyped the date. I’m kinda sad, because I like having my stuff 100% and now it’s not. Make it up for one more day, pretty please.

in Living World

Posted by: Grim.4728

Grim.4728

Really?…no seriously…REALLY?
I want my achievement. ArenaNet you screwed up and posted the wrong date. Put it back until the 16th and let us have our closure.

kthxbai

in Living World

Shiyeon.2681

A Rallying Flame Achievement

This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.

Yep, I lost it because of having no time. Hope they do something, because It’s not our fault, it’s not our fault of not having time to be on forum, they need to do something.

in Living World

Shiyeon.2681

What bothers me the most is that they didn’t even give us a heads-up. They only announced in on the forum, which most people don’t check frequently or at all.

Yes. This is sad.

in Living World

Posted by: Leo.2641

Leo.2641

A Rallying Flame Achievement

This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.

I understand your mistake but i would still like to receive my achievement.
computer wasnt working and it just got fix

in Living World

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

I was going to post the same thing but for some reason the Living Story forum section doesn’t let me.

I thought I had enough time to finish Secret Contact just to find out that this is no longer the case. And because of a typing error no less.

Simply unfair and unprofessional.

in Living World

Posted by: Wiat.3806

Wiat.3806

Yeah it is real sad that all the work that was put into this and I can not finish out my story achievement because I was misinformed by the people in charge of the game. Please put this back in if for only a couple of more days for those of us that were not pouring over all your corrections on dates.

in Living World

Posted by: Lehus.3851

Lehus.3851

+1

“This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific.”

I’m not in a hurry to do, because I thought that I still have time…

in Living World

Forged.5608

I hope they add a hotfix the early implementation is just silly

in Living World

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

Totally unacceptable. Completed all achievements for seasonal events and living story and I miss this one because of misinformation from Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: Mountains.4096

Mountains.4096

Rather than starting a new thread, I’m just going to reiterate what I’ve posted in the (now merged from a different) thread – please, consider longer lifespans for Living Story segments. This isn’t just about the finale for Flame & Frost, but about the LS going forward.

If two days is all we can expect for a conclusion to a months-long storyline, that’s very little incentive to take part and invest interest. As previously mentioned, I’m one of those who likes to read all the dialogue branches and so forth, because there’s clearly a lot of effort on the part of the story team to create a proper world here which is one of the big reasons GW2 stands out from the MMO pack.

Now, I’m not going to kid myself by pretending everyone cares about this; for many it’s just unique loot or an achievement tick. But there’s those of us who do want to read your story, see and read all we can because we like what your writers are doing, and for a months-long story to evaporate over a weekend is real shame – for that much investement the timeline for player involvement needs to be longer.

By all means, have time-limited rewards, one time events and such, but for us to stick with the LS over months we need to now that we’ll be able to have a decent chance to read the ending. I’ve not started the Southsun content yet, mostly because I’m grumpy having missed the newly-abbreviated F&F ending, granted, but also because what if, two or three months down the line, the designated ending falls on a weekend when I’m away? Why start myself on a story I may not get to finish?

No, none of this is game breaking, and yes, probably fewer people care about the story than loot; I’m not deluding myself. But still, to spend a time enjoying a narrative that others have obviously enjoyed crafting only for the final chapter to be an extremely time-limited edition feels somewhat galling. Have a small window for people to claim rewards (I can still claim the gauntlets, despite the event being over, which seems bizarrely inverse), or one time unique rewards, sure – but please, don’t cut short a long story so quickly, or at least allow some method for those of us who do enjoy it a broader opportunity to see the narrative.

in Living World

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I got my (broken) buff from the fire and got the ach that I don’t care about at all, but I can see where you people are coming from for sure. There shouldn’t be anything, especially part of a story with an ach attached to it, that is in the game for less than a week.

in Living World

Posted by: diurno.7306

diurno.7306

seriously Anet? You keep for months all the objects for the achievements and now your first thought was “it’s too confusing for the player to keep THREE bonfires two days more”????

in Living World

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

ANet, you let people who missed the one-time Mad King Event get their hats when the date was posted correctly well in advance of things. Please let those who saw your initial, incorrect announcement finish the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

They could easily put a fire on the beach in southsun cove. To welcome the people. (And for the players to gain their achievement. The buff would be nice, too, but the achievement is way more important, I think..)

Next time – if they have to correct their time frame – they should email it and put it into the launcher.
Apart from that 2 days to get an achievement is not enough, especially if this short period of time is not announced properly.

I read it and I got the achievement, but I feel sorry for all of you who did not. :-(

in Living World

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

Thanks. I’m really pretty frustrated by this and it’s making it somewhat difficult to be excited about the new content.

in Living World

Posted by: MillyBun.6103

MillyBun.6103

This is severely disappointing. I made sure the final date was when it said it was going to be repeatedly during the dungeon phase to make sure I would NOT miss the epilogue due to real life. So when I log in today, on a free available day, KNOWING the epilogue was not to end until the 16th, I find out it was moved up basically without warning.

I do not frequent these boards enough to see changes in schedule, I expect such things to be mentioned on the launcher or via email, with some sort of apology for those of us who have little time to schedule for a game.

I made sure to have time enough to play to get all the achievements for the Living Story thus far, so finding out I can no longer get the achievement I planned to get forever on because the final date for the already short epilogue was moved up a good few days within basically the last handful of hours the epilogue was even available is a bit of a stab in the back.

Why should I find time to log in if the game is going to sweep out limited-time events, achievements, items, and other such things out from under me with little-to-no warning?

The end of the epilogue was the 16th up until the last handful of hours before the 14th’s change-over. I say bring back the epilogue for the last few days missed to give us our proper good-bye to Flame and Frost. And avoid pulling the rug out at the last minute next time.

in Living World

Posted by: Nero Stark.1369

Nero Stark.1369

Well, I missed the one day Karka event due to lag.
Now I missed this one due to a date change.

I’m collecting them. Will there be an achievment for missing one day only events?

Thank you Arena Net.
Sincerely.

in Living World

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Well, I missed the one day Karka event due to lag.
Now I missed this one due to a date change.

I’m collecting them. Will there be an achievment for missing one day only events?

Thank you Arena Net.
Sincerely.

Seriously! I logged in today going .. wtf.. where are the bonfires (checks email in game.. yep 16th.. wtf..) NOW when it’s gone I read on the forums to find out they ninja’ed it.

I would HOPE they hotfix it. Even some stupid NPC to say “here’s your achievement since you got every single one of the other ones” just like they did with Mad King. I didn’t even get anything from Karka since it wouldn’t even let me in the zone but this one I missed because I dared to celebrate Mother’s Day with family..

in Living World

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

“This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific.”

GG ArenaNet, I’ve done every achievement from the Living Story and now I get punished because I didn’t went online from 12 May to 14 May. I thought I could go online on the 15th May and end the arc.

………………………. Quite dissapointed there

in Living World

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

Making me feel like I am being cheated out of game content, does not make me want to rush out and buy a gem card, or use my credit to support, such lazy actions by a developer.

Your employee messed up on writing the official front page news article. The right thing would have been to own up to it, and keep the bonfires in. Not post some announcement on the forum hours before the update, were only a very small portion of players even visit.
I mean they extended the other achievements after being bugged for weeks, preventing some from able to complete Flame and Frost.

Anet is running a business and tiny things like this add up, this is not just about the bonfire, this is about months and months of dealing with this kind of stuff over and over again.

Thought November was a lesson learned? Apparently not. Funny how Southsun, in some way is ruining a simple experience to try and have some fun in video game, once again.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

in Living World

Posted by: difens.1326

difens.1326

No point to play living story if you can miss its ending due to someones mistake. Weeks to complete all other achievements and you miss the last one just because you don’t look at those forums every day. GG ANet, you surely learn from past mistakes.

in Living World

Caspian.2814

Making me feel like I am being cheated out of game content, does not make me want to rush out and buy a gem card, or use my credit to support, such lazy actions by a developer.

Your employee messed up on writing the official front page news article. The right thing would have been to own up to it, and keep the bonfires in. Not post some announcement on the forum hours before the update, were only a very small portion of players even visit.
I mean they extended the other achievements after being bugged for weeks, preventing some from able to complete Flame and Frost.

Anet is running a business and tiny things like this add up, this is not just about the bonfire, this is about months and months of dealing with this kind of stuff over and over again.

Thought November was a lesson learned? Apparently not. Funny how Southsun, in some way is ruining a simple experience to try and have some fun in video game, once again.

+1

in Living World

Posted by: Luna Guardian.6910

Luna Guardian.6910

I would like to add my voice to those already spoken.

I don’t care about the reward, I care about the story. I want closure for months of work. I, like so many others, have limited time to play and can’t check the forums every day or even every other day necessarily. If something like the date change happens, that’s fine, but ANet needs to inform about it by something that if absolutely visible, such as an email to all players. This is really major stuff, and as others have already said this corrodes my faith in ANet’s reliability. Limited time content is ok, but the epilogues and closure segments need to be longer than 48h and if a wrong date is given, then that date must be kept, even if it reschedules something else by a few days.

I’m not mad, but I am extremely disappointed. I’m shipping off to a magical place with no internet tomorrow morning and I’m now apparently unable to get the closure for this long storyline of months and months of work and investment. It doesn’t really inspire me to put effort into future storylines either, nor does it garner any goodwill that would make me buy gems from the Black Lion Trading Company. If you don’t care about anything else ANet, care about this: You’re losing money because of this. I’ve no desire to support a game or a company that does this kind of things to their paying customers.

in Living World

Caspian.2814

I would like to add my voice to those already spoken.

I don’t care about the reward, I care about the story. I want closure for months of work. I, like so many others, have limited time to play and can’t check the forums every day or even every other day necessarily. If something like the date change happens, that’s fine, but ANet needs to inform about it by something that if absolutely visible, such as an email to all players. This is really major stuff, and as others have already said this corrodes my faith in ANet’s reliability. Limited time content is ok, but the epilogues and closure segments need to be longer than 48h and if a wrong date is given, then that date must be kept, even if it reschedules something else by a few days.

I’m not mad, but I am extremely disappointed. I’m shipping off to a magical place with no internet tomorrow morning and I’m now apparently unable to get the closure for this long storyline of months and months of work and investment. It doesn’t really inspire me to put effort into future storylines either, nor does it garner any goodwill that would make me buy gems from the Black Lion Trading Company. If you don’t care about anything else ANet, care about this: You’re losing money because of this. I’ve no desire to support a game or a company that does this kind of things to their paying customers.

Sad and true :/ In fact I don’t like feeling to play the game at all right now

in Living World

Posted by: Lukia.4728

Lukia.4728

This is completely unfair to move the dates forward without further prior notice. I work Friday to Monday, i can’t log onto GW2 then and was expecting to be able to approach the bonfire today only to find out it’s already been patched and removed. To run the Living World story for so many months only to put the final conclusion to it in a 4 day event and then to cut 2 extra days off, which unless we visit the forums frequently which I did not realize was a requirement to play an MMORPG, then we’re the ones who get the short end of the stick?

Please consider extending the bonfire or adding it back in, this decision has upset a lot of people, myself included.

in Living World

Caspian.2814

This is completely unfair to move the dates forward without further prior notice. I work Friday to Monday, i can’t log onto GW2 then and was expecting to be able to approach the bonfire today only to find out it’s already been patched and removed. To run the Living World story for so many months only to put the final conclusion to it in a 4 day event and then to cut 2 extra days off, which unless we visit the forums frequently which I did not realize was a requirement to play an MMORPG, then we’re the ones who get the short end of the stick?

Please consider extending the bonfire or adding it back in, this decision has upset a lot of people, myself included.

They always claim to care about their community, well, it was their error to post a wrong date and a lot of players are not informed about this 2 day change. It seems they really do care their community /sarcasme

If they really do, they acknowledge their mistake and but back the bonfires for two more days. But hey, it’s still a company.

in Living World

Posted by: Nox.1973

Nox.1973

Are you kidding me?
I have spent months, watching this little living story play out. Every update, every time, I get on that day/night and plow through the content. I go out of my way to complete everything I can because I feel that hey, I’m a part of something that will never happen again.
I read the wiki, I read the game updates.
So, if it had said from the start that the 14th was end day, and I’d missed it, I’d be alright with that.
But it didn’t. Someone screwed up. And because of them, everyone who had their schedule set to include playtime on the 15th got screwed out of ever getting that achievement.
People, so dedicated to the game that they include it’s content in their life schedules,
got screwed.
By you.

And now, we all get to look out our living story achievements and see that, hey
we didn’t complete the story arc. We saved the world from an invasion, we helped the refugees, we fixed stupid sign posts, we scourged the dirt and snow for artifacts of those poor souls whose home was taken from them…
but we didn’t circlejerk around a bonfire.
We didn’t anticipate that your writers would screw us.
I won’t make that mistake again.

GG.

in Living World

Posted by: HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

Has anyone heard if they even have an answer to this? Or are even thinking of rectifying it?

in Living World

Posted by: Lukia.4728

Lukia.4728

They always claim to care about their community, well, it was their error to post a wrong date and a lot of players are not informed about this 2 day change. It seems they really do care their community /sarcasme

If they really do, they acknowledge their mistake and but back the bonfires for two more days. But hey, it’s still a company.

You know I wouldn’t have minded as much if the update was at the usual time of 8pm and not 10am, then I could have caught the last few hours of it at the very least. I don’t even care about the buffs the bonfire gives, that’s a pleasant surprise and wouldn’t have mattered to me regardless.

I genuinely feel heartbroken that after 3 months of story I’m forced to miss the final part because they cut it down to 48 hours. I’d be fine with it if it just so happened those dates fell onto my work schedule, that would be my fault not ANet’s, but instead I was told it would last until the 16th and was cut short with the only notice being via the forums. I can only hope the staff do listen to our complaints and give us the chance to see the ending to this saga we’ve been enjoying and taking part in. It seems like all that effort and time is wasted in a split second.