Forgotten Seal LS Reward Has No Upgrade Slot

in Living World

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

One of the rewards from the latest living story chapters is the exotic Forgotten Seal accessory. The thing is, it has no upgrade slot, rendering level 80 greens with a jewel upgrade actually better stats than this exotic piece. I’m just wondering if this was a mistake or on purpose, because it makes no sense for it to just NOT have an upgrade slot, unlike pretty much every other accessory in the game. Hopefully Anet fixes this? Because people with level 80 greens and an adequate jewel will have no use for this item.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

One of the rewards from the latest living story chapters is the exotic Forgotten Seal accessory. The thing is, it has no upgrade slot, rendering level 80 greens with a jewel upgrade actually better stats than this exotic piece. I’m just wondering if this was a mistake or on purpose, because it makes no sense for it to just NOT have an upgrade slot, unlike pretty much every other accessory in the game. Hopefully Anet fixes this? Because people with level 80 greens and an adequate jewel will have no use for this item.

Oops, sorry, I thought I remembered seeing an upgrade slot on it yesterday. That’s what I get for going by memory.

Edited because my original statement was incorrect

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

in Living World

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

That’s really weird, did you select your stats yet? Because mine certainly has an upgrade slot on it after selecting which stats I wanted.

I selected the stats already. Even according to the GW2 wiki, it does not have an upgrade slot.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten_Seal

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yep, it’s broken. Can’t even be forged with other exotic accesories. At this moment it’s just a waste of inventory space.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. I kept one as a souvenir, but I just sold all the others.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The lack of an upgrade slot seems to be a bug.
If you check the item id through the API it shows that it should have the an Exquisite Ambrite Jewel in there but it also has the NotUpgradeable flag which is probably preventing that from working.

in Living World

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Yeah. I kept one as a souvenir, but I just sold all the others.

I really would like to use mine XD

in Living World

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

I’m keeping mine in the hope that it’s currently bugged and it will be fixed at some point. I could use it on an alt if that happens.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I suspect that once a fix hits, we have to cycle it through the bank to get it properly set.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yep, it’s broken. Can’t even be forged with other exotic accesories. At this moment it’s just a waste of inventory space.

Can it be put in the toilet at all? Maybe there’s a specific recipe to upgrade it to something else?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Can it be put in the toilet at all? Maybe there’s a specific recipe to upgrade it to something else?

“flags”:[“AccountBound”,“HideSuffix”,“NoMysticForge”,“NoSalvage”,“NotUpgradeable”,“AccountBindOnUse”]