Hoelbrak and Black Citadel

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

Remember those two cities? I sure do!

I feel like those two are left out on the party in recent events. Even The Grove got in on the action lately, yet last I remembered the two being part of the festivities big time was the Fire and Ice event, and a minor one in gathering the leaders. It doesn’t help that the recurring annual events don’t occur in those cities either.

Sucks too because those place seems to have their own thing going on. Maybe just some minor current events? Maybe for Braham perhaps? But then that leaves the Black Citadel the only place hard to do an event with.

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m sure that the stories of the Charr, and the Norn, will get more air time. After all, the Norn are closely tied to Primordus, so other than the visits of Braham to Hoelbrack for the tooth, Eir’s death, etc, we are highly likely to see more of it during this visit.

As to the Charr, and their city, they have a dragon too, so even if we don’t short term face it, it’s going to happen eventually. They are not forgotten, they are in the enviable position of being relatively safe right now from the direct attention of dragons.

Unless K- wakes up…

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I’m sure that the stories of the Charr, and the Norn, will get more air time. After all, the Norn are closely tied to Primordus, so other than the visits of Braham to Hoelbrack for the tooth, Eir’s death, etc, we are highly likely to see more of it during this visit.

Unless K- wakes up…

You mean Jormag?

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I mean Jormag.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Well, I guess there will be some action on Hoelbrak, with Braham shooting the tooth and all.

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

It is curious that Trahearne was originally going for Kralkatorrik before the events of Mordy, I wonder what was his reasoning. I guess it was the next active dragon?

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It is curious that Trahearne was originally going for Kralkatorrik before the events of Mordy, I wonder what was his reasoning. I guess it was the next active dragon?

I figure it would have been “Finishing what Destiny’s Edge Started”.

Kralkatorrik seems to be treated as the biggest, baddest, and most threatening dragon by the series. I suspect he’ll ultimately be the last.

in Living World

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Kralkatorrik seems to be treated as the biggest, baddest, and most threatening dragon by the series. I suspect he’ll ultimately be the last.

Seeing that Glint was one of his lieutenants and had the gift of future sight i’d say he is the most threatening dragon at the moment.
I mean, killing of the others, in theory, could factor in in his plans, what if all this is a scheme he made up to be victorious in the end?
We don’t know how far his powers go, does he know the future as well?
Then again, we still don’t know anything about Bubbles.

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

bu but hoelbrak was a big part of the 3rd episode of lw season 3.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

We spent time in Hoelbrak in both episode 1 (Eir’s memorial) and episode 3 (tracking Braham). How is that not getting any “air time”?

Besides that, Black Citadel and Hoelbrak were also the focus at the beginning of Season 1, while Rata Sum was completely ignored and The Grove only had minimal attention.

As to the Charr, and their city, they have a dragon too, so even if we don’t short term face it, it’s going to happen eventually. They are not forgotten, they are in the enviable position of being relatively safe right now from the direct attention of dragons.

Unless K- wakes up…

Kralkatorrik is awake. He woke up 5 years prior to GW2. Mordremoth was the last of the six dragons to wake up. The waking order was Primordus (~200 years prior to GW2), DSD (~200 years prior to GW2), Jormag (~150 years prior to GW2), Zhaitan (~100 years prior to GW2), Kralkatorrik (5 years prior to GW2), then Mordremoth (during GW2).

It’s just that Kralkatorrik is not active. “Not active” is not the same as “asleep”, as the term of an Elder Dragon being “inactive” just means that they’re not sending dragon champions to actively assault cities – such as when Blightghast attacked Claw Island, or the Shadow of the Dragon attacked The Grove. The Elder Dragons have shown to have an on-and-off set up of attacking civilizations, spending decades at a time to gather forces for a full out assault.

Primordus and Jormag were both active during Edge of Destiny, but became inactive (stopped assaulting cities) with the death of their champions leading the charge; similarly, we see two periods when Zhaitan was active in Sea of Sorrows novel. Jormag would have become active again sooner, but the actions during the personal story (norn, Durmand Priory, quaggan, and grawl storylines) and Honor of the Waves stifled Jormag’s efforts enough to keep him from being active until now.

And the charr are under more scrutiny than any other race but the norn when it comes to dragons, given the Dragonbrand – a present from Kralkatorrik.

Kralkatorrik is presumed to be the weakest (of the four remaining dragon) dragon(s) as it was awake the least amount of time and didn’t get a champion feeding it magic like Jormag, Zhaitan, and Mordremoth did.

Just as Trahearne wanted to strike Mordremoth down before Mordremoth could garner an army and begin a true invasion (the beginning of which we see in the Tangled Depths migration to the southeast corner of the map, which we stop during the SCAR outpost meta), he likely wanted to strike Kralkatorrik down before it could get power from magic in the world and become a true threat.

Seeing that Glint was one of his lieutenants and had the gift of future sight i’d say he is the most threatening dragon at the moment.
I mean, killing of the others, in theory, could factor in in his plans, what if all this is a scheme he made up to be victorious in the end?
We don’t know how far his powers go, does he know the future as well?
Then again, we still don’t know anything about Bubbles.

Glint’s ability of telepathy with non-dragon minions and foresight is stated in Hidden Arcana to be unique to her. So Kralkatorrik cannot see the future.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

Yeah I did clarify Hoelbrak is getting some presence lately due to Jormag, so that just leaves BC. But I do wonder if they might go for a threefer.

in Living World

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I suspect/hope that we’ll get some action in the Black Citadel as we see things play out with Rytlok’s arrest. He was summoned by higher powers (Smodur?) to account for his new magic. Whether we’ll get to see a tribunal or not, who knows?

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’d make perfect sense if he planned this. He’s already damaged from his fight with Destiny’s Edge before the events of the game, and Zhaitan was overpushing. He didn’t need to do anything, they were going to focus on his brother, giving him time. Zhaitan fell, and he absorbed his brother’s magic, making him stronger. Mordy made a move, keeping eyes off him and also fell, making him stronger still. Now Primordus and Jormag are making their moves, and he’s still doing nothing, only biding his time and getting stronger again should his siblings fall.

Either he’s incredibly lucky, or he knows that by not increasing his territory, his siblings will move instead and keep him out of the crosshairs long enough for him to gain more power.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

I suspect/hope that we’ll get some action in the Black Citadel as we see things play out with Rytlok’s arrest. He was summoned by higher powers (Smodur?) to account for his new magic. Whether we’ll get to see a tribunal or not, who knows?

Oh right, I forgot about this. Thought it was just a minor thing to keep Rytlock away from the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Oh right, I forgot about this. Thought it was just a minor thing to keep Rytlock away from the story.

It’s probably both, they wanted to focus on this part of the story that doesn’t have Rytlock in it, but they wanted to show us they haven’t forgotten him, and will be in the story again later.