I No Longer Care - Do You?

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I only care about fun. I find the new tower fun, so I care about that. Because I find it fun. I don’t do the things I don’t find fun.

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You got that right, I haven’t played the living story since the September 1.st SAB.

in Living World

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

I wish Arenanet will make a story after the Destiny edge defeat Zhaitan and other elderdragon. Something like a request from other continent ask for help and make a real real expansion there.
I regard living story as the optional story. I wish they will take care about the destiny edge some more.

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I really like the idea of the Living Story, but I have never been able to get into this Scarlet Rampage story arc. There’s not actually much story going on, and while I like the Marjory and Kasmeer interactions, anything having to do with Scarlet just turns me off.

The only times I’m not bored by Scarlet is when I’m annoyed by Scarlet. ANet really goofed when they built the Living Story around one single character. Everything hinges on Scarlet, so they can’t adjust her without wrecking the narrative (such as it is).

The post on why the current Living Story isn’t working is a much longer post — I won’t get into it here.

I’ll just say that I hope Scarlet kills Logan Thackeray before she’s done. I never want to hear from either of those characters ever again.

Ever.

EVER.

EVER.

in Living World

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

The way things are now does make one feel like they are chasing carrots. The LS foils the storied past of the GWs universe in a bad way and makes achievements and such more important than story.

The reason I fell in love with GW2 and wished to really be a part of it is that I really felt like it was a living world. Personally I wanted to enter Tyria and tell Caithe just how much I like her so that she will never fall into nightmare. Now after running through so many hoops, after so many releases it feels more like just a videogame. I’m to much of a dreamer to not care, but I do fear for the future of Tyria (and Caithe).

in Living World

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Since GW2 gone out of steampunk-renaissance + D&D style, all we’ll see is stupid and childish technology around all the world. It has no interest, why except loyal users to enjoy what they don’t like? Not a single game gone k*tten on stupid immaginations thats not life-like at all.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

I feel your pain RoyalPredator.9163, I know everything depend on taste but look at all these people in LA, most of them look like easter eggs. I miss GW1 style.

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in Living World

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

I stopped caring about the Living Story after Dragon Bash. I was so incredibly hyped for it and then it turned out to be, “do [something] 100 times” for most of it. Oh and the fireworks display that had a lot of people confused, annoyed and frustrated by overflows, permanent orange skies and a general lack of information.

After the announcement of the LS schedule, so many said that it would be too fast. I can’t help but think that, with a more relaxed schedule, we’d have been seeing higher quality content with more fleshed-out stories than what has been presented thus far.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Do you really think that adding a couple of months more dev time for the releases would make that much of a difference though?
They already have 4 MONTHS time working on the content we are seeing now after all, so I don’t really think it would matter much with a couple of extra weeks.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: CihandaR.2395

CihandaR.2395

Nope, i dont care at all because these there is no story to follow and the things the new events offer are limited and not permanent. Why don’t they release an event every 1-2months, so they can write a good story, create maps/new armor/skills etc. I thought gw2 was going to have an epic story with expanding world. what did i get? A kitten story and poorly executed events every 2weeks. THANKS

btw hey, a solid expansion is necessary to keep the playerbase alive dudeeee. dude(anet) give me something new to do. i dont give a d*mn about your living story.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if they really want to release good quality LS stuff then they should make them for around 2 months while working on the next one, making them bigger and higher quality overall.

in Living World

Posted by: Otowa.9450

Otowa.9450

I still care about all this LS…

This is what I want to know :

-What did Scarlet saw about the sylvari and their destiny?
-What does she know about Caithe?
-What is she trying to achieve?
-Why did she attack Queen Jenna more than the Pale Tree?
-Is there a link between her and the dragons?

in Living World

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

I don’t believe I’ve finished more than 50% of the LS achievements since release. I did complete Southsun for the back pieces and Zephyr Sanctum for the useless quartz node. Most everything else, I stopped playing once the solo bits were over with. I don’t group for dungeons and I don’t ride zerg trains. I play the game for the story and there isn’t much story presented at the moment.

Try ff14 then.

in Living World

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Well, after logging in everyday (except for maybe a few odd days) since the beta, I haven’t logged in for over a week.

Just found the dailies boring, and trying to do stuff that other people don’t want to do boring, even the Champs in Kessex hills, nobody wants to do them anymore, and the tower, stuck at the bottom, alone, is no fun……………..

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Living World

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

No I don’t care about the LS anymore. I wish they would focus more on the core of the game, things like: dungeons, fractals, Guild Missions, skills, traits etc. We still don’t have GvG, Guild Halls and Polymock minigame.

I did read an interessting theory about Scarlet’s master plan and I do want to see if that theory is correct, however the only way to get a good understanding about the story/lore is to look up third party websites because the game itself won’t give you enough details/information.

Maybe, just maybe, I will get interested in LS when they improve their writing and the way they deliver the story to the players.

I do love holiday updates but I don’t count those as LS.

A Thief on Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I like the living story, although I hate Scarlett. After all, LS gave us Hobo-Tron and who doesn’t love Hobo-Tron?! I do what perm content and expansions in addition to Ls, though.

in Living World

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Living World

Posted by: embarbarada.2096

embarbarada.2096

I don’t care either. I want new areas, skills, dungeons, not LS………

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I’d be surprised if it was any less than 85% of the player base that would vastly prefer to see large scale content like new zones and dungeons over gimmicky monthly events and mini-stories.

Frankly they’ve wasted a lot of time year one, let’s hope they’re getting their act together.

And I am surprised that some people still seems to prefer getting content once every six months that can be completed in less than a month instead of content every two weeks.

I’d rather have that content and have it be meaningful than have content which can be beat in 5 hours.

in Living World

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

There’s too much transient fluff and not enough substantial, permanent content.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Indeed temporary content makes temporary players.

in Living World

Posted by: peter.2738

peter.2738

I no longer care about the Living Story updates, I really don’t.
I don’t care if I don’t get all achievements or minis.

Honestly, I’d rather wait 1-2 months and get no new content for 3-5 New Crystal Desert maps with new Dungeons and WELL WRITTEN story.

No progression, no rewards whatsoever. Occasional farts of story aren’t enough for me. Also copy pasting content also does not make me excited…

in Living World

Posted by: aesir.8503

aesir.8503

thank you. thats why I lost interest after the first two tries. You guys (dev team) killed my interest in this game. Good job.

in Living World

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Don’t forget
“We wouldn’t take so far without the support of our beloved community”
Ha
Ha
Hah…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Living World

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

I care. Seems like I’m one of the few in this forum.

I’m a curious person and Scarlet is interesting. I really want to know what’s her end goal. I don’t care about her being a ‘Mary sue’ or what not. Scarlet is Scarlet. The lore they got going on is interesting. I’m a simple person and I don’t need a complex story or character to catch my attention.

I also like the idea of the living story being temporary. I understand what they are doing and I think it’s cool.

in Living World

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

So I and a couple friends came back this week after like a 6 month hiatus. On the 9th to be exact. We see the whole toxic tower thing or whatever and the Fractal Fortnight event and plan on doing the Tower over a couple nights, then getting the Flactured achievements. Then the patch on the 10th came.

Sorry. Nope. You can do the little solo end thing to inject the antitoxin and bring the tower down. But to be honest, I had no idea whatsoever of why I was doing the things I was doing. I got an achievement and some 3 color key trophy that I have no idea what to do with. Got a cool backpack skin for my Asura Engi that I hardly ever play, even before I stepped away form the game.

GW2 is probably my favorite MMO, and I’ve played a lot of them. And when the LS came out I thought it was a cool idea. Now I’m pretty much meh on the subject. It’s like: don’t blink or you’ll miss it.

in Living World

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Sorry. Nope. You can do the little solo end thing to inject the antitoxin and bring the tower down. But to be honest, I had no idea whatsoever of why I was doing the things I was doing. I got an achievement and some 3 color key trophy that I have no idea what to do with. Got a cool backpack skin for my Asura Engi that I hardly ever play, even before I stepped away form the game.

This is my biggest gripe with it too. I missed all the LS episodes before the tower. Scarlet’s recap at the end of it was like watching a 2 minute You Tube clip showing various scenes from the Lord of The Rings trilogy if I hadn’t seen it or read the books.

It kind of made me think “Who am I?” for my toon. Going through the tower and killing the boss to be rewarded by the highlights of someone else’s game time from a character I’d only heard about on the forums.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh I still very much care. The near monthly updates and achievements have kept me very interested in Guild Wars 2. Not since Warcraft and Dark Age has a game held my attention this long.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Instead of this “Garbage Story” they should concentrate on clipping & animation problems, & maybe even a Personal Story 2.0 (where Trahearne dies at Claw Island).

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Instead of this “Garbage Story” they should concentrate on clipping & animation problems, & maybe even a Personal Story 2.0 (where Trahearne dies at Claw Island).

I think he called it ‘Clor Island’.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Don’t care, and won’t return to the LS until after March 4.

in Living World

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

You can add me to the list of those that don’t care for the entire Living Story thing. Temporary content just isn’t fun. And it certainly doesn’t feel like regular updates that they promised. Updates should grow the game but this temporary stuff doesn’t do that. It’s like, oh a temporary event. I don’t think I even want to bother doing it because it will be over soon and everything I do with it will be a waste of time.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i think MR. popo is the lead in LS development, he looks at what you want and places exactly what you don’t want, adding stuff in the gem store with a 3X higher price then it’s worth and loves to see you complain about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4xD9UGPjg

in Living World

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I think he called it ‘Clor Island’.

Heh. That’sa a running joke in my guild, too.