Is Zojja (brain)dead??

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Q:

Ahai Tyrians,

So for those who has NOT completed the HoT expansion, do not read any futher. Though my title is kinda spoily but oh well.

From the events from HoT where you had to choose to rescue Logan or Zojja, but no matter whom you save first, according to the Living World Season 3, Logan’s rescue was canon and he recovering just fine from the jungle pods.
Or if it was not canon, Logan might just recovered much better and didn’t take much damage from the pod where he was trapped in as Zojja did.

I’ve been playing the story quite a few times- mostly to compare things such as this, and whenever you go after Zojja first and rescue her, she seems to be OK, minor issues but overrall OK.
We haven’t heard from Zojja since the Events from HoT.
We know Logan is doing fine now.
The Pale Tree is better aswell but she’s still recovering, thanks to the Side-Events.

During one of the LWS act, ’’Research in Rata Novus'’, you can hear gossip among researchers in Rata Novus that Zojja is "scrambled" and "drooling".

When will we actually see, visit, hear from Zojja how she’s doing?! Is she dead? Is she suffering from major brain damaged from the jungle pod? Or is her brain too scrambled??? Is she even recovering?!
ANet!!!! Stop throw away NPCs like Zojja, she was after all a huge main character and one of the Destiny’s Edge’s member along helping/mentor to all Asuran characters and to Taimi.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

zojja came out of the pod fine. She had become blind but other than that seemed fine.
I think it’s more an issue of “no voice actor” so they have trouble pulling her back into the story.

That “scrambled and drooling” is probably just gossiping among other geniuses who are just glad the paragon of golemancy is taking a vacation

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As Amaimon said the real reason we haven’t seen Zojja since HoT is that her voice actor – Felicia Day – has been too busy with other things. (Amongst other things I believe she had a baby earlier this year.)

(I suspect this is also why Logan was injured and therefore out of actor for a long time and then given the desk job version of the Pact Marshall role – he’s voiced by Troy Baker who is in basically everything.)

In-universe I think the situation is that she’s recovering (and those gossipy asura were exaggerating) but taking things slow and staying out of the action for now.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Felicia Day has stated on twitter that she has not been approached by anet again, but would love to return to Zojja, so I doubt “unavailable voice actor” is only reason.

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Yeah, I heard there was some fuzz with Zojja’s VA, quit the role as the voice of Zojja or money problem between VA and ANet.
Then again, this is just rumors....

If the VA has any issues or too busy or have indeed quit the role, they can replace her with similar voice or completely different as a side-effect from the jungle pod.

I hope to see Zojja back in action soon enough, hopefully in our PoF expansion.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Could be a case of minimising unnecessary characters. Whilst it is a hanging thread, it is a small one and not really relevant to the current goings on. I suspect they saw no need to write dialogue for and schedule in a likely higher cost VA/character for little gain.

The original cast of DE are largely out of the loop now except Rytlock. Logan has an office job, Eir is dead and Caithe is Aurenes guardian – she is likely to pop up again, but probably not in any significant way.

They are likely struggling to fit all the characters in, whilst balancing in the feedback that players want less focus on npcs and more on us.

Is Zojja (brain)dead??

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

That makes sense. But omission is not the same as inactivity.
We could’ve visited her at whatever equates an Asura hospital, and have a medic explain her situation. Or seeing her locked up in Snaff’s lab without communication