Joining the White mantle

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

i hope in the new story we will be able to pick the White mantle as a side to join. kind of like the luxons vs kurzick in gws 1…but White Mantle vs Shining blade.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Yeah, let’s ignore the fact here that the White Mantle are actual bad guys, if I recall correctly.

bonk

The wedge between the Luxons and Kurzicks were just that of… these two two different fact, neither was badly aligned, neither were holier than thou art saviors… these were just two factions that found cause for disliking one another.

As memory serves in GW 1, the White Mantle lead us to believe that they were the good guys, and then we got slapped upside the head when we rudely found out that they were anything BUT good.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

the pact invaded their lands this time..and they save kryta..when the cowardly king ran leaving his people to die.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As Jaymee says, Luxon & Kurzick fought each other, but were willing to slow hostilities to help against the greater threat. White Mantle are, in this case, the greater threat.

As ANet has stated many times across the history of the franchise: we’re engaged in an epic battle of order versus chaos (or maybe even good vs evil); there is only one side in the fight: ours.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

i hope in the new story we will be able to pick the White mantle as a side to join. kind of like the luxons vs kurzick in gws 1…but White Mantle vs Shining blade.

I’m not sure if your pulling our legs or not, have you played GW2 at all? The White Manfle are very bad people. You fight them all the time in the human PS.

Spoiler! Not really, but just incase you’ve not worked it out yet.the White Mantle are(or funding) the bandits.

So seeing as you have fought the Mantle at every opportunity, why would you suddenly join them?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Another thing that has been decided long ago is that, at least in PvE, everyone will always be on the same side. Adding the White Mantle as a faction you can join would affect so many things, including joining the bad guys as mentioned many times above. Not. Gonna Happen.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

I can’t believe you just compared the White Mantle to Kurzick/Luxon.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

the pact invaded their lands this time..and they save kryta..when the cowardly king ran leaving his people to die.

The Mantle was sacrifing tens of Thousands of People for quite a while and they were sacrificing People back in GW1. While Saul did save Kryta, he got killed by the Mursaat after seeing that they are no Gods. If Saul would still live he would even aid the Shining Blade to destroy the Mantle.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

The Mantle was sacrifing tens of Thousands of People for quite a while and they were sacrificing People back in GW1. While Saul did save Kryta, he got killed by the Mursaat after seeing that they are no Gods. If Saul would still live he would even aid the Shining Blade to destroy the Mantle.

he didn’t get killed. saul was taken by the mursaat…no where did they ever say the Mursaat killed Saul D’ Alessio

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

and yes they was killing people of prophecy..the Prophecy that said the Mursaat would be destroyed and tyria would be destroyed, if it ever came to pass…and as you see that prophecy happened in gws 1 and the dragons started waking up..and destroying tyria. the Mursaat lived thru the dragons first awakening by hiding in the mist..so they knew how it starts. So they played the role of gods to get a more primitive race to help them protect the world in whole. and some had to die so that all could be saved from the destruction of the world.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

and yes they was killing people of prophecy..the Prophecy that said the Mursaat would be destroyed and tyria would be destroyed, if it ever came to pass…and as you see that prophecy happened in gws 1 and the dragons started waking up..and destroying tyria. the Mursaat lived thru the dragons first awakening by hiding in the mist..so they knew how it starts. So they played the role of gods to get a more primitive race to help them protect the world in whole. and some had to die so that all could be saved from the destruction of the world.

Do you even know what you are talking about?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

Play GW1 again, the Prophecy has nothing to do with the Elder Dragons.

The Mursaat weren’t helping the World, they were just helping themselves. They don’t care about the lesser Races. They are just using them for their own Goals

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

I’m not sure if your pulling our legs or not, have you played GW2 at all? The White Manfle are very bad people. You fight them all the time in the human PS.

Spoiler! Not really, but just incase you’ve not worked it out yet.the White Mantle are(or funding) the bandits.

So seeing as you have fought the Mantle at every opportunity, why would you suddenly join them?

you fight people claiming to be White Mantle..some sylvari claimed to work for the pact..but was the dragons minions and spies..some humans fell to Zhaitan and worked as spies and gave it info on the pact. some ministers claim to be loyal to kryta but only want it for themselves.

As far as bad people goes the mantle saved Kryta and the human race…And as the raid area shows i think if the White Mantle had wanted kryta, they could have taken it long ago. plus to me the White Mantle was great while the king of Kryta fled..and the guards went with him..leaving the people to die at the hands of the flame legion..thats good people..letting 1000’s die to save your own skin..while only 5 white mantle and 3 Mursaat, went to save their homeland..all figured they would die.but if their deaths gave their country men time to escape it would be worth it..to me that honor holding back the enemy at the cost of your own life. And, the humans have been fight the charr for over 250 years..but you have charr allies..how can we say that all White Mantle are bad..maybe the ones we have been fight outside the jungle was crazies they killed out like the charr and the flame legion.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

The Mursaat weren’t helping the World, they were just helping themselves. They don’t care about the lesser Races. They are just using them for their own Goals

i play gws 1 everyday and in gws 2 remember what happens when magical energies reach a high lvl..dragons wake up…the Mursaat seem to know this..they built a fort and a shield over a whole area to keep it contained..then the hero’s in gws 1 bust in and release the titans and a ton of energy.. and if you paid attention in eye of the north. the destroyers started waking up..and in gws 1 proph the undead of Orr increased in numbers after that..since the undead of orr are made by Zhaitan..we find out in gws 2..that means that release of energy started waking them up..like scarlet in la with ley-line energy.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Do you even know what you are talking about?

yes the forgotten and seers tell you the Mursaat fled into the Mist in the lore of gws 1. when the dragons woke up the first time.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe reading this synopsis of the Mursaat (and their connection to the White Mantle) would shed some light:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mursaat

Good luck.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

i play gws 1 everyday and in gws 2 remember what happens when magical energies reach a high lvl..dragons wake up…the Mursaat seem to know this..they built a fort and a shield over a whole area to keep it contained..then the hero’s in gws 1 bust in and release the titans and a ton of energy.. and if you paid attention in eye of the north. the destroyers started waking up..and in gws 1 proph the undead of Orr increased in numbers after that..since the undead of orr are made by Zhaitan..we find out in gws 2..that means that release of energy started waking them up..like scarlet in la with ley-line energy.

Not sure if Trolling.

First. The Mursaat kitten Bricks because of the Titans ( who by some Prophecy would kill them ) So they used Soul Batteries to keep them out. Soul Batteries powered by tormented Souls to keep Construct made out of Tormented Souls out, seems to be a good Idea. The Destroyers waking up has nothing to do with Titans, Mursaat etc. Its just a Cycle that repeats itself, nothing more.

And the Undead of Orr aren’t made by Zhaitan, they are there because of Khilbron, his Spell and his use of the Scepter. The Undead of Orr are just that. Undead. The Risen we are fighting in GW2 are different. They look like Undead, most of them are created by using Corpes but in Realtiy they are Beings corrupted by Dragon Magic.

Again. Play GW1 before coming up with such nonsense.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

also in the gws 2 raid video it says the White mantle seized power from the king..but that’s not how it happened..gws 2 lore seems to be written with holes and paradox’s. because the follower of the royal family didn’t want people to remember..they ran away..i think the the Mursaat seen the bigger picture..but the whole thing i was saying was i liked the white mantle..and i was hoping. we could join them as a side..didn’t what to get in a Mursaat battle..like in gws 1 when they had the luxons and the kurzicks ..i was hoping we could get a White Mantle vs shining blade..or..a white mantle vs seraph..where you could pick a side and each side, shows their side of the story…because there is always 2 sides to the same coin. and i have been carrying around a ancient white mantle badge since i found them in gws 2. i loved the White mantle in gws 1. In gws 2 i made and named a guild the White Mantle..i missed them, even has the white mantle emblem.. so either way if we can join them in the story or not my character will still be White Mantle…lol even have the outfit.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Not sure if Trolling.

First. The Mursaat kitten Bricks because of the Titans ( who by some Prophecy would kill them ) So they used Soul Batteries to keep them out. Soul Batteries powered by tormented Souls to keep Construct made out of Tormented Souls out, seems to be a good Idea. The Destroyers waking up has nothing to do with Titans, Mursaat etc. Its just a Cycle that repeats itself, nothing more.

And the Undead of Orr aren’t made by Zhaitan, they are there because of Khilbron, his Spell and his use of the Scepter. The Undead of Orr are just that. Undead. The Risen we are fighting in GW2 are different. They look like Undead, most of them are created by using Corpes but in Realtiy they are Beings corrupted by Dragon Magic.

and i’m not trolling..and this has got off-topic..the topic wasn’t the Mursaat..the Topic was joining the white mantle in the game as a faction ..since it seems Kryta is going to have a civil war..hence the luxon/kurzick ref.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Not sure if Trolling.

and i’m not trolling..and this has got off-topic..the topic wasn’t the Mursaat..the Topic was joining the white mantle in the game as a faction ..since it seems Kryta is going to have a civil war..hence the luxon/kurzick ref.

The white mantle serve the Murssat, the white mantle only exists because of the murssat. Now if you want to have a conversation about this in earnest, then please have a clue about what you are taking about. So far you post read like 1940’s propaganda.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Since the Titans’ release, at least eight Mursaat are known to have survived, and seven of them have continued to lead the White Mantle until the end of the Krytan civil war. Although these seven are known to have been killed off, Lazarus’ fate, and if anymore Mursaat survived, is still unknown. ..so in gws 1 they was all but wiped out.. as far as we know..until anet brings them back..

but again i was just talking about faction battles and stories for both sides you could pick..from one or the other

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

but again i was just talking about faction battles and stories for both sides you could pick..from one or the other

Its not about Faction Battles. Its about a Mass Murdering Religous Group trying to dethrone the rightful Ruler of Kryta, funding Bandits, even having Agents in the Bandit Cells and now close to igniting a Civil War that will weaken the Krytan Kingdom

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Its not about Faction Battles. Its about a Mass Murdering Religous Group trying to dethrone the rightful Ruler of Kryta, funding Bandits, even having Agents in the Bandit Cells and now close to igniting a Civil War that will weaken the Krytan Kingdom

rightful ruler ..to me they lost the right to rule when the king fled and left the people to be murdered by the charr…now they are being murdered by the centaurs..and the Shining Blade use to ambush the White Mantle..while they was trying to keep the peace and protect the lands of kryta from the flame legion, centaurs, tengu, and undead. and the Shining blade was no better then the bandits in gws 2..to start off, and shining blade did cause a civil war. plus with the white mantle until Confessor Isaiah assumed command the white mantle didn’t stop others from worshiping the way they wanted the followers of the other gods was protected by Saul’s Laws. The lands was safer and better protected..never seen the white mantle lose a whole town to an enemy. One bad leader doesn’t make the whole group bad..hence when the seraph try to kill you in the human story line..and when one seraph tries to kill the queen…because he was cursed..

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Regardless of a different version of history, since the lore considers the White Mantle to be part of the ‘bad guys’, choosing to align with them will likely never be an option.

Good luck.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

^Regardless of a different version of history, since the lore considers the White Mantle to be part of the ‘bad guys’, choosing to align with them will likely never be an option.

Good luck.

Right, it doesn’t matter what history you believe. At the moment, the White Mantle are the enemy (as they were in GW1) and GW2 is designed so everyone plays the same side: the good guys. Other games have mechanics and lore that allows people to vary with whom they align; this isn’t one of them.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Back in GW1 when you had the choice to go for Kurzick or Luxon you chose the good side because both were good. But White Mantle.. has never been good. And by the way Virus.. you know that the first dragon awakening was app. 10k years ago right? And has nothing to do with GW1 and the storyline for that?

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Back in GW1 when you had the choice to go for Kurzick or Luxon you chose the good side because both were good. But White Mantle.. has never been good. And by the way Virus.. you know that the first dragon awakening was app. 10k years ago right? And has nothing to do with GW1 and the storyline for that?

to me the White Mantle was good in general. they was trying to keep a nation safe. they hard choices to make..serve the Mursaat and the Mursaat helps keep the nation safe from invaders..which the price was a like 5 dead every year ..or let the nation fall and everyone dies, Because the king took the troops and fled like a coward to save his own skin. And i do the the first awakening had something to do with it..the Mursaat lived thru it ..so like anyone that have lived thru and horrible event.. can tell most the time when it’s starting again..so i think they seen a bigger picture. then we know about. hence their titles Bringers of Wisdom, Eyes That Watch All, Silent Saviors of Kryta, and The Divine Caretakers. an old saying comes to mind those who learn to run away live to fight another day.. i think they fled to the mist the first time because they didn’t know the dragons could be beat and figured the other races would fail. then watched the world from the mist.. then came back later to stop it from starting again…but that is neither here nor there.. since i was talking about the White Mantle as a faction..always remember in war both sides see the other as wrong and evil…the shining blade started killing White Mantle first.. and if a group of people showed up and killed my friends..and said make my leader the leader of everyone..i would probably trying to kill them..just human nature..you would want revenge for them killing your friends.just as in gws 1..the queen didn’t send a diplomat…she sent people to take it by force..in gws 2..the pact didn’t send a diplomat to the White Mantle..they crashed in the white mantles front yard then attacked them..if i was the White Mantle i would be mad..lol dude crashes his car into my house..then gets out and tries to kill me..then the pact sends troops in..no wonder the White Mantle is ticked off..the pact just invaded their homeland lol

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

Can you please make your Text more readable? Its really unpleasent to read this Wall of Text

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

Can you please make your Text more readable? Its really unpleasent to read this Wall of Text

Exactly that.
I’m actually very interested in what you write but I have a hard time reading it.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

to me the White Mantle was good in general. they was trying to keep a nation safe.

You realize, “trying to keep a nation safe” is a same line used by both repressive and progressive regimes. It’s propaganda, even if it’s believed by some of the citizenry.

In GW1, the game makes it very clear that the White Mantle were working to launch the Mursaat apocalypse. They literally sacrificed thousands of innocents to release the Titans (remember: the titans?)

It’s true that the original Mantle, as conceived by Saul et al, did work to protect humans. However, those goals were eventually corrupted. Saul wouldn’t fit in with the current Mantle, any more than Marx would find sufficient common ground with modern Marxists or Communists.

tl;dr no, we aren’t going to join the White Mantle

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

to me the White Mantle was good in general. they was trying to keep a nation safe.

You realize, “trying to keep a nation safe” is a same line used by both repressive and progressive regimes. It’s propaganda, even if it’s believed by some of the citizenry.

In GW1, the game makes it very clear that the White Mantle were working to launch the Mursaat apocalypse. They literally sacrificed thousands of innocents to release the Titans (remember: the titans?)

It’s true that the original Mantle, as conceived by Saul et al, did work to protect humans. However, those goals were eventually corrupted. Saul wouldn’t fit in with the current Mantle, any more than Marx would find sufficient common ground with modern Marxists or Communists.

I do want to note that they were using the souls of the killed to prevent the release of the titans, not to release them. Because the prophecy stated that the Titans would destroy the Mursaat. This does not make the wholesale murder of thousands of individuals over the course of just a few years acceptable, though. The white mantle are, and will always be, straight up evil.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

No, the Murssat where using the mantle to murder the chosen to power the soul batteries to keep the Titans locked away. The Titans being released would spell there down fall, and it was not the titans that killed them but the Hero’s of GW1, who where tricked by Kilbran in to releasing them.

The Mursat where using the mantle to protect them self’s, and rewarding high level members of the mantle with power. They knew if they had the scepter of Orr they could control the undead, and use them for there own ends. Kilbran wanted the scepter so he had his own army.

Then later in the Krytan Civil war, the Mantle use mercenary’s to keep the people “inline”, they even attacked the Temple of the Ages, because they didn’t worsip the Murssat.

The Mantle or not good nor did they protect anyone. They wanted power and they wanted to protect that power by any means necessary.

During the final days of the war, the mantle and Murssat killed all the villagers they could from Bettleton, Nebo Terrace and the Ascalon Settlement on there way to Lions Arch. The Hero’s of GW1 had to protect the Villagers all the way to LA.

That’s how “good” the White mantle are. They are straight up mass murders.

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

Just to hammer the Mass Murderer in. Gorseval’s Perch is made out of countless Skeletons. Judging from the Mass of the Skeletons it would be fair to say that the Mantle killed Tens of Thousands, if not close Hundreds of Thousands of Humans for their Sacrifices ( for Charging up Bloodstone Shards with Souls ) or just Executions ( the ones who aren’t worthy ).

So, nope the White Mantle are far from being good.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

Just to hammer the Mass Murderer in. Gorseval’s Perch is made out of countless Skeletons. Judging from the Mass of the Skeletons it would be fair to say that the Mantle killed Tens of Thousands, if not close Hundreds of Thousands of Humans for their Sacrifices ( for Charging up Bloodstone Shards with Souls ) or just Executions ( the ones who aren’t worthy ).

Upon engaging:

Gorseval the Multifarious: We fight together!
Gorseval the Multifarious: And we will have our revenge!
Or:
Gorseval the Multifarious: You did this to us!
Gorseval the Multifarious: Accept your fate!

it never said the White Mantle did it..it says “You”…maybe it’s the bosses and enemies you killed getting there..when you and the pact invaded. remember if it is a bloodstone it would have an environmental effect that influences activation time of resurrection skills or triggers an effect when someone is killed. Gorseval’s Perch looks like it is wood and dirt on my screen.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

virus.4370

the white mantle was protecting the Mursaat from proph..because the Mursaat was helping the Mantle protect kryta from outside threats…aka Quid pro quo..and they didn’t kill thousands..they was only in control for few years. Confessor Isaiah is the leader of the White Mantle during the War in Kryta; he is responsible for the deployment of the Peacekeepers and the Inquisitors. He rose from his position as a Justiciar after the death of Confessor Dorian…if the “hero of gws 1” never killed dorian and sided with the Shining blade..after the Shining blade was murdering While mantle guards like the bandits in gws 2 that was protecting the people from other threats..there would have been no peacekeepers or war in kryta. salma wanted to take power from the white mantle after the white mantle saved Kryta did all the work of stopping the invading forces and peace was returning..and far as mass murder, the queen in gws 2, seraph, shining blade, and lionguard doesn’t murder people in general..they let the centaurs and krait do their dirty work.. hence a cave so filled with bones of people you walk on it like a floor..and can break the veil of the underworld there.. in the sylvari area there is a lionguard fort next to a krait slave storage..and dead bodies in the water..great protection.. so they don’t kill people they just don’t stop it..which is no better then just killing the people, themselves..since they are the people who are “guarding” and "protecting " the people.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Does anyone understand what this virus.4370 person is trying to say…because I have no clue, other than it sounds like he’s turned the story completely upside down on it’s head and inside out at the same time.

Joining the White Mantle is NEVER going to happen…unless ArenaNet decides to make a completely separate game with the White Mantle as the player characters….would make an interesting single player, alternate universe type game though.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

the white mantle was protecting the Mursaat from proph..because the Mursaat was helping the Mantle protect kryta from outside threats…aka Quid pro quo..and they didn’t kill thousands..they was only in control for few years. Confessor Isaiah is the leader of the White Mantle during the War in Kryta; he is responsible for the deployment of the Peacekeepers and the Inquisitors. He rose from his position as a Justiciar after the death of Confessor Dorian…if the “hero of gws 1” never killed dorian and sided with the Shining blade..after the Shining blade was murdering While mantle guards like the bandits in gws 2 that was protecting the people from other threats..there would have been no peacekeepers or war in kryta. salma wanted to take power from the white mantle after the white mantle saved Kryta did all the work of stopping the invading forces and peace was returning..and far as mass murder, the queen in gws 2, seraph, shining blade, and lionguard doesn’t murder people in general..they let the centaurs and krait do their dirty work.. hence a cave so filled with bones of people you walk on it like a floor..and can break the veil of the underworld there.. in the sylvari area there is a lionguard fort next to a krait slave storage..and dead bodies in the water..great protection.. so they don’t kill people they just don’t stop it..which is no better then just killing the people, themselves..since they are the people who are “guarding” and "protecting " the people.

Except we have in game sources that state explicitly that in the few years that they were in control they killed thousands. That means if they stayed in power we’d be looking at hundreds of thousands of not millions, assuming that the rate of murder slowed down at some point. Kryta would be filled with either White Mantle members, or soon to be dead men.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Did you even read the the link you posted? It says nothing about what you are talking about, id dose not support anything your saying, you are just trolling, or really do not k ow what you are talking about.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mursaat
^That link will tell you about the White Mantle. And why the Mursaat used them, and “good” white mantle where killed.

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Upon engaging:

Or:

it never said the White Mantle did it..it says “You”…maybe it’s the bosses and enemies you killed getting there..when you and the pact invaded. remember if it is a bloodstone it would have an environmental effect that influences activation time of resurrection skills or triggers an effect when someone is killed. Gorseval’s Perch looks like it is wood and dirt on my screen.

The only people in the raid are White mantle, there are even notes through out the raid saying that the White Mantle have been killing all the people. If your are going to argue points, at least stop ignoring the facts that are in game.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

While I don’t think it will be possible to join White Mantle I support idea of having more than one option.

Even the option to do story alone and have nothing with DE2.0 would be good option for me…

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

Upon engaging:

Or:

Sry but the Notes say otherwise. The Notes say that the “Bandits” there have been dumping Bodies for quite a while, also the Bandits there are mostly White Mantle. The Ghosts are also confused, angry and don’t know who killed them. One of the Notes also tells that if the Ghosts know what happened, they would kill every Bandit and Mantle in Spirit Vale and Salvation Pass. This has nothing to do with the Pact. The Mantle killed these People.

And the Mantle is not using the big Maguuma Bloodstone, they are using Shard mined from it for the Sacrifices.

Oh and here Gorsevals Perch. As you can see, there are quite a Number of Skeletons on the Perch and Mountains of them around it. This is a kittening Mass Grave, only possible by the countless Sacrifices and Executions from the Mantle.

http://imgur.com/a/eBAHa
http://imgur.com/a/ZlviA
http://imgur.com/a/HDTJK

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

I’d join the white mantle queen Jenner is pretty bad at her job with all of her resources she can’t even kill off the centaurs

plus she has dirty feet from not wearing shoes for some reason or another

I don’t care that there bad guys most good stories have anti heroes and white mantle would make a great anti hero

also a bit of lore for the wise not everyone who is in the white mantle are fanatics some are just ordinary people that are fed up with the countries politics of catering to the elites in DR

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

also a bit of lore for the wise not everyone who is in the white mantle are fanatics some are just ordinary people that are fed up with the countries politics of catering to the elites in DR

Now they are, Back in GW1 they where, which the OP was saying they where the good guys.

Sorry but there is nothing Anti Hero about the true White Mantle, not even a little bit.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Walhalla.5473

I’d join the white mantle queen Jenner is pretty bad at her job with all of her resources she can’t even kill off the centaurs

Ist implied that the Centaurs are successful against Kryta because “Bandits” are selling them Equipment Technology and Slaves and since Bandits are heavily connected to White Mantle ( WM is calling the Shots for the Bandits ), we can see who created this Situation.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

A bit of lore for the wiser, a number of those ministry elites in Divinity’s Reach are also precisely the ones who are strongly implied to be supporting the bandits and centaurs and impairing the Seraph (whether knowingly or not for the White Mantle) in order to make Queen Jennah look weak and ineffective. Furthermore, the Seraph do kill the ringleader of the invading centaurs in the Harathi Hinterlands.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: thesilverdragoon.3078

thesilverdragoon.3078

you fight people claiming to be White Mantle..some sylvari claimed to work for the pact..but was the dragons minions and spies..some humans fell to Zhaitan and worked as spies and gave it info on the pact. some ministers claim to be loyal to kryta but only want it for themselves.

As far as bad people goes the mantle saved Kryta and the human race…And as the raid area shows i think if the White Mantle had wanted kryta, they could have taken it long ago. plus to me the White Mantle was great while the king of Kryta fled..and the guards went with him..leaving the people to die at the hands of the flame legion..thats good people..letting 1000’s die to save your own skin..while only 5 white mantle and 3 Mursaat, went to save their homeland..all figured they would die.but if their deaths gave their country men time to escape it would be worth it..to me that honor holding back the enemy at the cost of your own life. And, the humans have been fight the charr for over 250 years..but you have charr allies..how can we say that all White Mantle are bad..maybe the ones we have been fight outside the jungle was crazies they killed out like the charr and the flame legion.

There’s no such thing as a true spy for the elder dragons. The Sylvari weren’t secretly working for Mordremoth while being in the pact. Once a being is corrupted, they hand over all knowledge to the dragon that corrupted them. It would be pretty hard for a decaying risen spy to pretend to be a normal soldier in the Pact.

This game isn’t about choosing a faction to face another faction. This game is about taking down a threat to all of Tyria, and a group that’s more interested in power over the survival against the dragons is not worth joining.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

The Destroyers waking up has nothing to do with Titans, Mursaat etc. Its just a Cycle that repeats itself, nothing more.

Well, technically, Elder Dragons awaken when there’s too much magic in the world. So, twisted nation-wide rituals and playing god with magic could significantly accelerate the process.

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

While the White Mantle are terrible people, I think they are just pawns right now, given the story. I don’t think joining them is a great idea….

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, the Murssat where using the mantle to murder the chosen to power the soul batteries to keep the Titans locked away. The Titans being released would spell there down fall, and it was not the titans that killed them but the Hero’s of GW1, who where tricked by Kilbran in to releasing them.

It was the titans that effectively killed off most of the Mursaat. It just happens offscreen. The irony of the situation, however, is that all those titans were created from the souls of the people White Mantle sacrificed on bloodstones.

The Mursaat have crafted their doom on their own. Well, with a little help from Glint, of course.

And yes, the original White Mantle (as created by Saul d’Alessio) might have been good people, but that didn’t last long and by the time of the first GW1 campaign they were already a corrupt organization more interested in protecting their own power and authority than in helping anyone besides themselves.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Joining the White mantle

in Living World

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

Although, if the pendulum swung from one side to another once, it can swing back.
Wouldn’t a real hero try to save rather than purge?

Despite having all GW1 chapters, I kept myself out of the War in Kryta, because unlike with following the Flameseeker Prophecy, it is bloodshed for regime change, rather than saving victims from it. virus has a point, in that the faction of the Krytan Monarchy was not above saccrificing civilians, albeit in a passive way. That they also espouse colorism and aspire the colonisation of Elona after having reduced Ebonhawke to a vassal county, makes Divinity’s Reich villains in my book too. Let’s not forget that they also besieged Lion’s Arch in an attempt to forcefully reannex it, only to be dissuaded by Zhaitan’s rise within the Bay of Sirens.

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.