Justicar Araya battle thoughts

in Living World

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

I actually had a bit of fun fighting Justicar Araya. I like the mechanic where you can channel to ‘grab’ a bosses attack and throw it back at them. I think it’s pretty satisfying.
However the fact I had to do the bloodstone matching puzzle thing a second time is lazy. Also, the bloom on the ground in the battle area makes it a bit hard to see AOEs.

in Living World

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

The same problem happens in many story boss fights – depending on your graphics options some of the damage AoE could become completely invisible (or extremely difficult to see). Then players die easily, come to forum to complain and there will be endless arguments with those who have different graphics settings and can do same fight much more easily.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Reusing puzzles introduced earlier in the instance is not new, either. One that comes to mind is Hidden Arcana, particularly the Glint section. You first learn a mechanic, that mechanic is shown in a slightly different way, then you kill a boss with it. I didn’t realize originally that Araya’s trap was the exact same pattern, just shown from a different angle. It might be enough of a difference for people, though.