"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Olveyn.2894

Olveyn.2894

So, now we know that Lazarus is not truly Lazarus. So, who is powerful enough to be such a pretender? Personally I’d say it could be a seer. A powerful creature that knows enough about Mursaat to pose as one of them. Also, a seer could be interested in aiding the 5 races of Tyria like in GW1 a seer helped humans.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think his horcruxes aspects are like a RAID array, don’t need them all to fully restore him, but the rebuild process might take a while to complete. :p

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Don’t you mean “Gleam”

Who can absorb magic?
Who would be interested in protecting Aurene?
Who would want to keep their identity hidden?

Gleam.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

It would be funny if it were Kasmeer lol

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Don’t you mean “Gleam”

Who can absorb magic?

Gleam.

Why keep his identity hidden? Lazarus seems like a bad pick to gain access to Aurence – the last surviving racial enemy of Glint and her legacy, someone relatively unknown to everyone else but mostly thought to be from a villainous and untrustworthy race.

Think about it. No-one alive really knows Lazarus, if they’ve heard of him at all. But they do think the mursaat are the boogeymen and they know the mursaat don’t like Glint. If you want to protect Glint’s child, why pose as her racial enemy? Why not pretend to be a powerful Dwarf, or Zephyrite or even a seer?

Why would Gleam interfere with Caudecus in Bloodstone Fen (the first appearance of the false Lazarus, if that was the false one and not the real one)?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I like the Gleam theory.

Could it be Evennia? Seems suspect that we find all of these letters from -E lying around that are clearly there to protect Queen Jenna.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I like the Gleam theory.

Could it be Evennia? Seems suspect that we find all of these letters from -E lying around that are clearly there to protect Queen Jenna.

Evennia got killed by adelbern as an assassin.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I think it’s this E character.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think it’s this E character.

E wants to save Kryta. Lazarus has no interest in Kryta, so it would be odd if it turned out that way

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

I think it is ‘E’ for just a couple of reasons. He knows about Caudecus(?) who was apart of the White Mantle. My guess was he himself was apart of the White Mantle but only for terms of being a spy.. perhaps as apart of the Order of Whispers or on his own.

I mean, remember when he helped defend Aurene and Marjory came saying how he seemed ‘familiar’ and wanted to stick by him? Because she met him before.. when he was behind her during her investigation of the murdered young boy.

I think Marjory is familiar because she just sensed his ‘aura’ so to speak, being a Necromancer and all.

What confuses me is how can such a person absorb the power of a Bloodstone.. is it some sort of ancestor of a powerful hero long past? Is there any lore speculated about people who can absorb vast amounts of power? Perhaps from GW1?

My thoughts was that it is ‘E’ and he is hiding as a False Lazarus so to direct what White Mantle following him against the Elder Dragons and perhaps make them more of an ally to Tyria rather than an enemy. What’s causing the White Mantle to put a bad name for themselves is Caudacus, thus he wants him dead.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

It is Bloodstonetron, the next step in the evolution of Jobotron!

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Don’t you mean “Gleam”

Who can absorb magic?

Gleam.

Why keep his identity hidden? Lazarus seems like a bad pick to gain access to Aurence – the last surviving racial enemy of Glint and her legacy, someone relatively unknown to everyone else but mostly thought to be from a villainous and untrustworthy race.

Think about it. No-one alive really knows Lazarus, if they’ve heard of him at all. But they do think the mursaat are the boogeymen and they know the mursaat don’t like Glint. If you want to protect Glint’s child, why pose as her racial enemy? Why not pretend to be a powerful Dwarf, or Zephyrite or even a seer?

Why would Gleam interfere with Caudecus in Bloodstone Fen (the first appearance of the false Lazarus, if that was the false one and not the real one)?

Gleam is Glint’s offspring. Glint has access to the forgotten and the order of the dragon. Glint is also prophetic and has a bit of a history with the Mursaat.

Gleam needed to hide. Primordus made an attempt on his life back in GW1. The OotD or the forgotten may have stepped in and provided cover for him to hide him. Maybe glint knew that if they hid Gleam as Lazarus, the white mantle would blow up a bloodstone to retrieve him. The Lazarus at bloodstone fen was fake lazarus, the switch had been made before that incident. The question is, where did the White Mantle find the body?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

I like the Gleam theory.

E appears to be a human. He seems to be greatly involved in human affairs. Not just Krytan.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I don’t think he’s not another Mursaat.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

If the goal is getting at Aurene, I wonder if it’s connected to Kralk. Do we know the full extend of Kralk’s powers? Could illusions be part of it? Or could Kralk have absorbed some of Mordy’s mind powers + whatever its existing powers are.

Reaching, but first thing I thought of.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

the queen, the queen and Anise are great mesmers, and probably the same person

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

What if in a plot twist he reveals him self to be Saul D’Alessio and that the Mursaat been keeping him alive all these centuries, using that magical infused water in the raid area, in a eternal torment within that new Raid zone until he finally escaped from there and eventually took up Lazarus Identity so he can guide the White Mantle into being the forces of good he wanted them to be instead of a tool of death that the Mursaat turned them into after betraying and using him before GW1.

and if players reach the end of the new raid they get some “hints” that it is Saul D’Alessio as a special sneak peak into his identity just like the Wing 3 of the Raid involving Lazarus

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

What if the fake ’Lazarus’ is actually Kasmeer?
We haven’t been hearing or seen from Kas for many chapters now, except she’s back in Kryta and trying to get her noble title back.

I believe it might be Kasmeer since she’s a mesmer and as for those who remember in Kessex Hills, during the Tower, she said similar like this,
’’I have no clothes, this is just an illusion and that’s why I have no dirt on my dress'’.

Soooo..... why couldn’t she set up an illusion on herself a disguise as Lazarus?
And why did Marjory willingly(?) teamed-up and followed Lazarus..

Think about it!!

Kasmeer and Marjory are evil and our next LS bosses!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

What if the fake ‘Lazarus’ is actually Kasmeer?
We haven’t been hearing or seen from Kas for many chapters now, except she’s back in Kryta and trying to get her noble title back.

I believe it might be Kasmeer since she’s a mesmer and as for those who remember in Kessex Hills, during the Tower, she said similar like this,
‘’[i]I have no clothes, this is just an illusion and that’s why I have no dirt on my dress[/i]’’.

Soooo….. why couldn’t she set up an illusion on herself a disguise as Lazarus?
And why did Marjory willingly(?) teamed-up and followed Lazarus..

Think about it!!

Kasmeer and Marjory are evil and our next LS bosses!

Kasmeer would be dead from the bloodstone explosion.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Lots of people could pull off the disguise, but who can absorb all that bloodstone energy? It’s a pretty short list, if we stick to the people we already know.

Personally, I think it really IS Lazarus. Or, rather, 80% of him. The attempt to reform him worked, but part of him is missing. That would explain why he’s as powerful as he is, and yet acting much different than people expected him to. Maybe it’s even been replaced with something else, something that mellowed him out some.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

Lots of people could pull off the disguise, but who can absorb all that bloodstone energy? It’s a pretty short list, if we stick to the people we already know.

Personally, I think it really IS Lazarus. Or, rather, 80% of him. The attempt to reform him worked, but part of him is missing. That would explain why he’s as powerful as he is, and yet acting much different than people expected him to. Maybe it’s even been replaced with something else, something that mellowed him out some.

His evil got left behind :P

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I already figured it out
“Lazarus” is Palawa Joko or an avatar/servant thereof

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

His evil got left behind :P

That’s actually quite possible. Or it may have been part of his emotions, so what’s left is looking at things more logically than emotionally.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

This. It would also explain why he is acting like a good guy of a sudden. Maybe the switched artifact contained some human soul and Lazarus gained “humanity” from it (or even its personality).
If Lazarus the Dire is the same one from GW1, one of his aspects was already damaged/destroed years ago. And still he survived all that time. So obviously mursaat can live (barely) without one of aspects. Maybe he also can live a full life with someones soul replacing on of his aspects.
And technically Caudecus is right that way: Lazarus is not the true mursaat. He is a mursahuman, or mursanorn, or mursacat (whatever was in that artifact). Hey, maybe he is mursaRurik and we can see his death one more time.

(edited by Ider.1276)

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

That is my take on it as well. It also explains why Caudecus was so shocked to see him in Out of the Shadows. I think he expected his sabotage to completely destroy the ritual and it didn’t work.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

That is my take on it as well. It also explains why Caudecus was so shocked to see him in Out of the Shadows. I think he expected his sabotage to completely destroy the ritual and it didn’t work.

Or it is an impostor with strong magic placed on them to look like Lazarus. And as we haven’t had Kasmeer with us who can reveal the strong mesmer illusions. It is highly likely that it isn’t Lazarus. Which would make Caudecus just as shocked to see something that shouldn’t have been.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Gonna have to agree with you here. I think it is mostly lazarus. but still I’m excited to find out, hopefully we will get answers in the next episode

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Ider.1276

Or it is an impostor with strong magic placed on them to look like Lazarus. And as we haven’t had Kasmeer with us who can reveal the strong mesmer illusions. It is highly likely that it isn’t Lazarus. Which would make Caudecus just as shocked to see something that shouldn’t have been.

So, an imposter somehow discovered about Caudecus’ aspect gamble, infiltrated secret ritual unnoticed and then absorbed Bloodstone explosion. Personaly I can’t think of any living being in Tiria capable of such thing. And if this imposter is so powerful to make a genuine mursaat illusion, why would he? Everyone hates/distrusts mursaat, even in White Mantle only minority is still faithful to them, while majority just following Caudecus promises of power. Why not create an illusion of a human god, like Balthazar or Grenth?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

This E person seems to know everething that is going on in Tyria. And Caudecus messaged him too apparently.

Why you ask? To take over the world of course.

Its just as unlikely that this fake Laz is actually Laz. Because I think it was established that it needed all of the 5 artefacts for Laz to resurrect. Would make no sense to tell us that and then say oh it was Laz but not all of him. No sense. Sad.

About the explosions, there are powerful artefacts in Tyria that would surely be able to absorb the explosion. And it wasnt really absorbed as we saw in the cinematic of bloodstone fen. Huuge esplosion.
Theories people, dont shoot them down right away.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

There are two things that I’m thinking:

1. The PC is wrong and Lazarus isn’t an imposter, he’s just an ‘incomplete’ Lazarus. They resurrected Lazarus but without the emotional attachments to his past, which is why he’s had a change of heart.

2. Elona leaks are legit and it’s Palaswag Yolo.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Besides the fact that I believe it’s Palawan Joko it could be a retcon on the actual Lazarus because many people disliked the change of heart and found his current motives unbelievable. Saying that he’s incomplete would be a lore friendly fix of attitude. But if it’s not Joko I can’t think of anyone but Seers, Mursaat or Joko to be able to drain a destructed bloodstone

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Possibly Palawa Joko is an option, but there’s someone else connected to the bloodstones and the mursaat that no one seems to be considering. What about Vizier Khilbron the lich?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Possibly Palawa Joko is an option, but there’s someone else connected to the bloodstones and the mursaat that no one seems to be considering. What about Vizier Khilbron the lich?

While I can share the sentiment, I really think Khilbron is 100% dead, I mean, we encountered him in the realm of torment. Joko was only sealed, and Lazarus was broken in spirit and form, but not in soul. Khilbron was broken completely, he died, and went to the realm of torment for his eternal punishment. Without an outside source of almost divine power, I don’t think you can leave the realm of torment that easily. like maybe an envoy could’ve released his spirit back into the world, but then Khilbron wouldn’t have had a physical form, and unlike Shiro he wouldn’t have had the necessary magic for rebirth. Long story short, without some retconning on the lore, I don’t think Khilbron is a viable option

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Its just as unlikely that this fake Laz is actually Laz. Because I think it was established that it needed all of the 5 artefacts for Laz to resurrect. Would make no sense to tell us that and then say oh it was Laz but not all of him. No sense. Sad.

More that it was established that Caudecus and Xera believed that it would take all five pieces.

As has already been pointed out, Lazarus incarnated in GW1 without having all of his pieces – it’s entirely possible that Lazarus can be reborn with just four pieces, and Caudecus was just wrong. The interesting question is what effect the missing piece has, and whether the substitute has any influence or whether it’s purely the lack of a piece.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

No, no, Lazarus can’t just turn into a good guy. I’ve already expected something was not right, and at first I just thought he’s toying with us. But now that he doesn’t seem to be lazarus at all, it would make total sense.

It’s totally possible that someone is strong enough. Look at jennah’s mesmer abilities, those are pretty sick, not to mention, she is said to have summoned an entire army of illusions once.

It’s clear that the person posing as lazarus doesn’t want to be recognized. But for me. the question would be, why pretend to be lazarus? What good would it do to pose as someone who has been one of the biggest threads to the human race?

Livia hasn’t been mentioned yet? Although since the beginning of gw2 i’ve been suspecting that jennah’s cat is more then just a cat, and had the quiet hunch that shadow the cat is actually livia. So I would rule out livia as lazarus

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

So, an imposter somehow discovered about Caudecus’ aspect gamble, infiltrated secret ritual unnoticed and then absorbed Bloodstone explosion. Personaly I can’t think of any living being in Tiria capable of such thing. And if this imposter is so powerful to make a genuine mursaat illusion, why would he? Everyone hates/distrusts mursaat, even in White Mantle only minority is still faithful to them, while majority just following Caudecus promises of power. Why not create an illusion of a human god, like Balthazar or Grenth?

A 250 year old dragon may be able to do it. The illusion would be necessary because one elder dragon already tried to kill him and another elder dragon killed his mother.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Could he be a disguised forgotten?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Livia?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Ider.1276

A 250 year old dragon may be able to do it. The illusion would be necessary because one elder dragon already tried to kill him and another elder dragon killed his mother.

I think we will not meet Gleam in GW2 for one simple reason. He will make Aurine
unimportant. Like, all the LS2 and half of HoT/LS3 are built around Aurine, Anet definitely considers her important to the plot. And then her elder brother just comes in and overshadows her, smarter, more powerful and ready to kick some behinds. That will never happen, cause it will make all that huge Aurine buildup complitely worthless. And that buildup is REALLY huge. Like Aurine is tha last legacy of Glint and some kind of messiah child.
I’m sure Gleam is either dead or corrupted by Kralk by now. And the only way he can appear in the story is as a Kralk’s lieutenant. It would also explaine why noone talks about him – zepherits and brotherhood of the dragon are ashamed of his corruption.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

I think we will not meet Gleam in GW2 for one simple reason. He will make Aurine
unimportant. Like, all the LS2 and half of HoT/LS3 are built around Aurine, Anet definitely considers her important to the plot. And then her elder brother just comes in and overshadows her, smarter, more powerful and ready to kick some behinds. That will never happen, cause it will make all that huge Aurine buildup complitely worthless. And that buildup is REALLY huge. Like Aurine is tha last legacy of Glint and some kind of messiah child.
I’m sure Gleam is either dead or corrupted by Kralk by now. And the only way he can appear in the story is as a Kralk’s lieutenant. It would also explaine why noone talks about him – zepherits and brotherhood of the dragon are ashamed of his corruption.

She remains important if Gleam serves a different purpose.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Ider.1276

Why should he serve a different one? Aurine and Gleam are both Glint children, they are identical bioligicaly. And physically, psychologically and magically Gleam would be far superior than Aurine. Just because Aurine is a baby and Gleam would be 250 years old.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Why should he serve a different one? Aurine and Gleam are both Glint children, they are identical bioligicaly. And physically, psychologically and magically Gleam would be far superior than Aurine. Just because Aurine is a baby and Gleam would be 250 years old.

We don’t really know what Aurene’s role is. Different dragons seem to absorb different magic. We may need a second dragon for balance.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Gleam is most likely dead already. Think about it. Why would the master of peace go to all the trouble in getting one of Glint’s eggs when Glint’s first scion was still alive? The Zepherites would be doing all they could to find and protect the dragon, if it still lived.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

Gleam is most likely dead already. Think about it. Why would the master of peace go to all the trouble in getting one of Glint’s eggs when Glint’s first scion was still alive? The Zepherites would be doing all they could to find and protect the dragon, if it still lived.

Maybe two dragons are needed. Why are there six elder dragons, when one would suffice? Also, maybe the Zephyrites already had accomplished what they needed to do with Gleam.

Who else could have absorbed all that magic? We know no human could.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

So is the mysterious unnamed villain behind the Golems created by Zinn that were sent to assassinate Queen Salma, the Princes of Elona and Emperor Kizu a candidate for the fake Lazarus?

As Sherlock Holmes stated: “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

We must consider all possibilities including this possibility as well as the possibility that Fake Lazarus is Menzies the Mad as shocking it may seem!

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

In fact, one thing that I’ve observed is that it’s possible that what makes the Elder Dragons so omnicidal is that they have magic addiction like the Bloodstone-crazed enemies in Bloodstone Fen. Glint’s legacy might require that the magic be spread among more than just six so that none of them go mad with power.

Aurene’s importance could be that she’s the one that makes up the minimum for Glint’s legacy to be viable… and she’s the one WE’RE involved with.

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

In fact, one thing that I’ve observed is that it’s possible that what makes the Elder Dragons so omnicidal is that they have magic addiction like the Bloodstone-crazed enemies in Bloodstone Fen. Glint’s legacy might require that the magic be spread among more than just six so that none of them go mad with power.

Aurene’s importance could be that she’s the one that makes up the minimum for Glint’s legacy to be viable… and she’s the one WE’RE involved with.

Are you implying that their may be other exalted out there each tending their own dragon?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

It’s possible. Or other organisations that aren’t Exalted, but nevertheless tend a dragon. Or other entities that aren’t dragons, but have a similar ability to absorb magic, and which Glint knew about. It’s a big world.

The point is that Aurene might not be important because she’s the only one, but because there is some minimum number that is needed, and Aurene makes up that number. (That, and she’s the one WE’RE responsible for.)

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

What if the Shadowstone is actually the last Aspect?

"Lazarus" [Spoilers]

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Could he be a disguised forgotten?

You want to cram a snake with four arms into a golden humanoid armor? Good luck