"Lazarus" and Bloodstone[picture&spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Is Balthazar corrupted by the Bloodstone? Look at his eyes, they remind me about Caudecus when he went crazy. Is it possible that a god would get corrupted by the magic? I mean I thought gods are more powerful than anything in Tyria, so why then these eyes are so weird… What do you think?

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

His eyes aren’t red though. It’s the lighting from his flames reflecting around him. If he were bloodcrazed, they would be full on crimson and glowing.

Interesting..I didn’t note he had a beard. He looked more like the Lich when I watched the cutscene. Will have to replay on another toon.

in Living World

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

I think the gods are not real gods… and not because i main charr and asura… but they are just powerfull entieties just like the dragons. By the eternal alchemy with engine of destruction we will kill your gods humies bookah :P

in Living World

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

The Six Gods created the bloodstones. I would find it highly unlikely that one of the gods is corrupted by it.

I think the gods are not real gods… and not because i main charr and asura… but they are just powerfull entieties just like the dragons. By the eternal alchemy with engine of destruction we will kill your gods humies bookah :P

It depends on your definition of “god”. They aren’t almighty beings, just very powerfull entities as you said. They also didn’t create Tyria, they merely brought humanity there.

in Living World

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Exactly that. What you said ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The Six Gods created the bloodstones. I would find it highly unlikely that one of the gods is corrupted by it.

It depends on your definition of “god”. They aren’t almighty beings, just very powerfull entities as you said. They also didn’t create Tyria, they merely brought humanity there.

Actually, the gods did not create the bloodstones going by the lore found in Arah path 4. The Seers did. The gods collected many artefacts, including the bloodstone, but didn’t create them.

in Living World

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

In the cutscene Balthazar has yellow eyes though.

Nevertheless, he is pretty cool looking villain.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Uh oh…yellow eyes…time for a GW2 version of a ’67 Impala with Sam and Dean as NPCs…:)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

in Living World

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Actually, the gods did not create the bloodstones going by the lore found in Arah path 4. The Seers did. The gods collected many artefacts, including the bloodstone, but didn’t create them.

Interesting, they apparently changed the lore between GW1 and 2, maybe to flesh it out more. The GW1 wiki still states that the Six Gods created the bloodstone: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Interesting, they apparently changed the lore between GW1 and 2, maybe to flesh it out more. The GW1 wiki still states that the Six Gods created the bloodstone: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone

Yeah, the retcon is that the seers did it, but the seers are connected to the 6, so the old lore was right… from a certain point of view…

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

In the cutscene Balthazar has yellow eyes though.

Nevertheless, he is pretty cool looking villain.

He looks like a cross between the leader of the Knights who say Ni and the Knights themselves!

(edited by Mickey Frogeater.1470)