Living Story frustration

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: Jimbru.6014

Jimbru.6014

Two big parts of why I moved to GW2 from WoW, were to get away from raid mechanical overload and grinding time commitments. I expect Living World content to be challenging. I don’t expect it to be nearly impossible to get all the achievements in each episode. I haven’t finished a Living World episode yet, for various reasons.

- I missed the Molten Alliance episode due to personal matters taking higher life priorities. That’s not Arena’s fault. Stuff happens.

- I didn’t get to do most of the Scarlet Briar episode because the chain to get through all of the content was too kitten long. Like many here, I have a job and a spouse, so I can’t spend my time constantly running around the game. Frankly, the time demand reminded me of EverQuest back in the day, and not in a good way.

- I never got to beat Tequatl because I was always in undergunned overflow groups against a full powered boss, due to all the people guesting and clogging up the main Splintered Coast.

- Now in Twilight Arbor, the Clockheart fight needs to lose at least one of its major mechanics to be an enjoyable challenge; my personal choice in that regard would be those stupid spinning gears. As it stands now, it’s just a steaming pile of frustration at the end of a dungeon that’s already too kitten long, like an original WoW dungeon in time length with a mechanically overkilled Pandaria boss at the end.

Let me be clear: I don’t want GW2 to get over-nerfed like WoW. But I do want the Living World to be more reasonably finishable, to get all the achievements. Perhaps the episodes need to run longer than a few weeks, maybe a full month. Perhaps more thought needs to go into not overkilling the time commitment or mechanics. I’m sure others have their own ideas, including probably telling me to go jump in a lake, but that’s the nature of the online world.

Just to be clear, I like this game. I want this to be constructive, not just a rant. The Living World has problems, and I would like to see them fixed. That’s all…

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Jimbru,

I’ll ignore the remark bout molten alliance, but will state they are making a fractal out of that dungeon.

For Clockwork Chaos, I helped a lot of people with simular issues through, you can do it with a party of 5 and only one had to do all the pre-requirements (repeating the invasion bout 7 times). This could have been made clearer and advertised clearer.

Tequatl Rising: I do not consider this living story. That release was just a content update.

As for Twillight Assault: Keep in mind this is a permanent dungeon path. The reason is that Arenanet had a lot of critique that everything was temporary. This means the dungeon still has to be challenging 1 year from now as well. The (full) content can be played then as well. So there is no reason to rush.

The main issue is that Anet also get many complaints that the living story is unchallenging, too short, lacks content and is boring.

They have made some adjustments to that, but keep in mind that they can’t please everyone. Every choice they make means people will like it and people will dislike it. It is impossible to please everyone.

I personally disagree that living world has problems that has to be fixed like you are proposing. Keep in mind it is additional content and Anet is trying to please as many people as possible. I do am sorry that they are not pleasing you though.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Tequatl rising is part of the living story, whether you consider it to be or not. Why do you try to deny facts? It seems kind of silly to me.

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

My frustration with this living story stuff is that it is starting to go more and more towards the “high end” players. The average player is being completely ignored. This latest is the straw for me, considering it’s only geared towards dungeons. And unless you have a steady group of friends who mostly play at exactly your play time, it’s just not possible to get.

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I do wish Anet will release more LS updates that are centered to the game’s lore and main story since they did say they will release an expansion’s worth of content. Story is part of that content (I’m referring to the main story, not side stories)

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Tequatl rising is part of the living story, whether you consider it to be or not. Why do you try to deny facts? It seems kind of silly to me.

Me hitting my toe on the the corner of a door and kittening about it is more “living” and has more story in it. Then whoopdeedoo they changed how fight works. And they suddenly forgot that we are using a derelict decade old engine that lags, they forgot all the complains about world bosses and lags and they made it the LAGGIEST ONE OF THEM ALL, then they also superscaled it so you can’t have ANYONE anywhere in vicinity not contributing or you just waste time.
Sounds to me like someone here either enjoys deeply kissing kitten or prolonged exposure to basement dwelling environment has had some adverse effects on your cognitive functions.

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I have missed basically every update to the game… Thats what happens when you only leave content in a game for a few weeks… so lame.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

What was the story? Is all added content living story? Or is some of it just an update?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Tequatl rising is part of the living story, whether you consider it to be or not.

It is possible that Zhaitan is still alive. Zhaitan gave Tequatl the Sunless a slight boost so the dragon lieutenant can ravage while the Elder Dragon is recovering from its defeat. One has fallen and one was risen. I am keen to see a revamped Zhaitan encounter.

Living Story frustration

in Living World

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Tequatl rising is part of the living story, whether you consider it to be or not.

It is possible that Zhaitan is still alive. Zhaitan gave Tequatl the Sunless a slight boost so the dragon lieutenant can ravage while the Elder Dragon is recovering from its defeat. One has fallen and one was risen. I am keen to see a revamped Zhaitan encounter.

Luckely the silly and crazy ‘Zhaitan lives’ theory has been debunked by the writers during a recent interview. He is dead.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!