Marionette style world boss in Silverwastes?

in Living World

Posted by: Xandrian.8304

Xandrian.8304

I was just looking at the Silverwastes map, at the western area which is blocked up with vines and the three passages going in are kinda reminiscent of the 5 passages leading to the marionette in lornars. Since most people who did marionette thought it was the best world boss (rewards were brilliant, it was challenging but not impossible) another permanent world boss in that style might be quite likely.
Also, we haven’t had any new world bosses yet this season and the finale seems like the best time to have a huge boss fight – to gain entry to the rest of the Maguuma Wastes or Magus falls.
The major problem there is with this theory is that there isn’t really any time to have a world boss fight in the map between the Foothold and Time Out/Labyrinth meta events though… so… shrugs
So, is this theory possible? Or am i just being an idiot? XD

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

You’re not the first to suggest it. The map’s “lanes” certainly seem to lend themselves in that direction and that giant Mordrem Thrasher we saw in the Living Story (before the helicopter rescues us) seems like a very good candidate for a boss.

That said, the Marionette was also a time of much frustration and division in the community. It was a brilliant event, but it could easily be spoiled by the actions (or inaction) of a couple of players, ruining it for the 100+ others who were participating.

ANet seems to have moved away from that sort of model, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being something instanced as part of the Living Story.

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I’m hoping we actually do fight that creature. It’s not identical to any mordrem we have fought so far (it’s not a thrasher and it’s certainly not close to any of the other mordrem) so I’m hoping it’s either a Mordremoth champion or some kind of guard dog. Either way it seems like that area will lead to a new area and that mordrem is blocking the path.

in Living World

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

The Marionette was met with too much backlash, because what made it fun also hurt it considerably: the group aspect. I didn’t get several achievements from Marionette despite perfection on my part, directly do to other people’s inability to complete their platform since you only got credit for all 5 platforms having success. As fun as it was, the backlash for being penalized for other people’s mistakes kind of tainted the event overall and I doubt they’ll directly recreate it with the new event, that is unless they tweak it considerably.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

it is possible to squeze a boss fight between the sw phases

be4 the labyrinth was introduced to us
the def phases had just 5minutes between them
so anet could easily expand this time even more

or make labyrinth a requirement for the final boss
or for something else that will be the last seal….

in short.. it IS possible

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I agree if there is a boss it will be in downtime after the breach. It has been suggested that the boss may become available after a successful breach (5/5 boss killed) which happens the vast majority of times now. The effective downtime (which is already way too long in my opinion, as someone who does not do labyrinth) would have to be extended considerably for this to happen though. An alternative would be having it run at the same time as the lab, so people who want to open chests in the lab can do and hopefully due to scaling the remainder would kill the world boss.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)