Mordrem story arc... the return of Faolain?

in Living World

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

I don’t know about you but as far as story tells Faolain escape twilight harbors. If as many suspect the nightmare court is related to mordremoth then it is very likely we will meet that BLEEP again in some other instanced dungeon. Like team rocket she only flew to another sky so to appear again likely in an instance featuring mordrems.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

We don’t know. Nobody bothered to ask the Pale Tree about the Nightmare Court and Mordremoth. Faolin could be involved somewhere as she is mentioned in a Scarlet web story and there’s still Caithe’s secret (from TA4) to be worked out.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

We know that there is a connection with sylvari and the Mordremoth, but as far as I know, the Nightmare Court is only interested in causing misery, strife and conversions of their siblings. They might not have any solid dedication to this dragon. They cannot convert more followers if they are dead.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Faolain’s motives also aren’t entirely clear, outside of wanting Caithe. We know the Nightmare Court is all about freeing the sylvari from Ventari’s “oppressive rules” to find their own path, and Mordremoth may or may not be involved in some way, but we just don’t know what’s going to happen. Honestly, I don’t expect to see Faolain again unless Caithe gets more involved in the plot somehow.

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I hope that Faolain will get a bigger role! She’s a very interesting character.. Though she is only after Caithe + destroying the whole Pale Tree etc.. etc…
But still.. Nightmare Court rocks!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Living World

kyubi.3620

Well in theory what tells us the nightmare court isnt in league with mordremoth witheout behing aware of it. If anything Mordremoth is the representation of nightmare itself and the nightmare court been fellowing its lead witheout knowing it. Well likely see a mixup nightmare court/mordrem like the sons of svanir and the minions of jormag.

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i dont think the nightmare court are minions of mordremoth or at the very least i dont think they started that way. as far as i know though we haven’t learned how faolain became in charge of the nightmare court, i could see her being mordremoths minion

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

i dont think the nightmare court are minions of mordremoth or at the very least i dont think they started that way.

I agree, but seeing as how they have severed themselves from the Dream, they are fair game for Mordie, according to the Pale Tree.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Have they severed themselves from the Dream? Isn’t the Nightmare part of the Dream? The Nightmare Court doesn’t reject the Pale Tree, but wants to “free” her from Ventari’s influence. That may be enough for the Pale Tree to shield them from takeover by Mordremoth, even if the Nightmare is a reflection of his thoughts.

If anyone can be said to be severed from the Dream it is the Soundless, who may be completely unshielded from Mordremoth’s influence. Aerin was likely Soundless, and we may see more of them popping up in future episodes. Scarlet may have been severed from the Dream when she used Omadd’s machine.

(If you have a sylvari player, why wasn’t your character severed from the Dream after experiencing the vision? Perhaps because the PC, unlike Scarlet, has a Wyld Hunt, providing a stronger connection to the Dream. Or perhaps the changes in the machine somehow made it safer.)

in Living World

kyubi.3620

Because scarlet briar = lvl 1 character with bad willpower check
Because player = lvl 80 character with great willpower check

its a simple mather of ‘’because im to powerfull for the machine to have an effect on me’’

rolled 20 on willpower check so not to change alignment from neutral good to chaotic evil on turning into a demon kitten

in Living World

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You say demon kitten like it’s a bad thing... mewr.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

We know that there is a connection with sylvari and the Mordremoth, but as far as I know, the Nightmare Court is only interested in causing misery, strife and conversions of their siblings. They might not have any solid dedication to this dragon. They cannot convert more followers if they are dead.

Specifically it’s an ideological difference. The nightmare court consider nightmare to be the natural state of the sylvari and that ventari’s tablet is the corruption. The pain and misery is their way of ‘putting things right’.
If Mordy is the source of the nightmare then it’s possibly that the nightmare court could side with him. Although I think doing so would be a waste of the concept of the dream and of nightmare.

Well likely see a mixup nightmare court/mordrem like the sons of svanir and the minions of jormag.

Sons however know they’re siding with Jormah though. I’m not sure given the general ‘nightmare = freedom’ mindset of the nightmare court would go so well with becoming slaves of mordy. However that doesn’t mean mordy couldn’t just straight up corrupt them. Maybe we and Faolin can team up together!

Have they severed themselves from the Dream? Isn’t the Nightmare part of the Dream? The Nightmare Court doesn’t reject the Pale Tree, but wants to “free” her from Ventari’s influence. That may be enough for the Pale Tree to shield them from takeover by Mordremoth, even if the Nightmare is a reflection of his thoughts.

That’s the other side of the argument. We really know little about the dream or nightmare to be fair so anythings possible.

Because scarlet briar = lvl 1 character with bad willpower check
Because player = lvl 80 character with great willpower check

its a simple mather of ‘’because im to powerfull for the machine to have an effect on me’’

rolled 20 on willpower check so not to change alignment from neutral good to chaotic evil on turning into a demon kitten

It was actually stated that the machine was altered and modified since Scarlet had her go. Most likely increasing the general safety of the experience. There’s also a question around if we got our own vision or if we simply got a replay of Scarlet’s vision.

in Living World

kyubi.3620

You say demon kitten like it’s a bad thing… mewr.

because turning into a succubus queen after having a demon lord toy with your body for hours is a good thing? Well i guess long as i keep my free will and alignment why do i care ;P.

Just saying that by default some character are easier to break then others. Scarlet might have had a poor willpower from the starts and may have been more vulnerable then others.

(edited by kyubi.3620)