Necromancer Greatsword

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Captain Seyo.4285

Captain Seyo.4285

Belinda has a greatsword
Treahearne has a greatsword

Are necromancers going to be wielding greatswords soon?

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I believe you mean Marjory, her sister Belinda was a Seraph

But yea, I’m actually hoping for it too. I was always wanting to start a Witcher-esque themed necro, but they’re cut off from using the GS unlike Trahearne and Marj.

Here’s the other topic full of people wanting the same:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Necro-GS

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

(edited by mXz.4512)

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

Necro NPCs getting great swords is becoming an Anet specific cliche.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

If they ever hand out new weapons to each profession, and Necros don’t get greatsword after all this, I assure you there will be a very sternly worded letter in Anet’s future =P

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

If they ever hand out new weapons to each profession, and Necros don’t get greatsword after all this, I assure you there will be a very sternly worded letter in Anet’s future =P

…unless you were given a scythe instead

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Caladbolg is a special sword. If you play a Sylvari and take a certain story step, you get to wield it yourself, no matter what class you have, and it has its own set of skills. So I wouldn’t really take that to mean anything.

As for Marjory… I’d say that’s more a story-related thing than anything. They wanted to give her Belinda’s weapon to use, regardless of her class.

Besides, NPCs using weapons their class normally can’t isn’t unheard of anyway. Rytlock uses a pistol at times, and he’s a warrior. NPCs don’t follow the same “rules” as PCs.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: cocopuffs.3706

cocopuffs.3706

Is this coincidence?? Remember that Logan sword was also his brother which he inherit, when his brother died.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

NPCs don’t follow the same “rules” as PCs.

That’s certainly true here, but I still say it’s wrong, it’s unfair, and it’s cheating.

The table is a fable.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’m curious about the idea of a Witcher-esque necro, since I’m not sure the witcher skills actually map to necros that well. I guess it depends on which Signs you’re focusing on, but with the exception of Axii they’re probably best represented by elementalist or guardian skills. (Elementalists are, unsurprisingly, the better fit for the signs – guardian doesn’t really approximate Aard very well, but does manage mixing swordplay with magic better.)

On the focus of the thread…

It’s probably worth paying close attention to Marjory to see whether she’s actually using any new skills. Rytlock’s pistol, for instance, seems to be using warrior rifle skills – they just gave him sword and pistol so he didn’t have to weaponswap. From what I’ve observed, Marjory with Belinda’s sword seems to act like an axe or dagger necro* – I haven’t been watching her THAT closely so I may have missed important distinctions, but if she’s heralding a new weapon choice for necros, then I suspect that will be revealed in the skills she uses. If she’s using existing skills… then it’s basically a fancy axe or dagger mechanically (there are examples elsewhere of NPCs using skills that fit their class, but not the weapon they’re wielding). If she uses something new – and not just as a plot device – then it might be an indication that a new weapon is genuinely being worked on.

*Mostly because it generates the ‘green slash’ effect. From memory, it looked more like dagger attacks than Ghastly Claws, but I really wasn’t paying that close attention.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think I recall seeing Marjory using something similar to Whirlwind Attack, but I did still see necro-esque animations on the auto. I’d have to replay that instance and watch more carefully.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’d love to wield a greatsword on my necro. However if ANet is going to do this, they’re not going to do it for just one class which means more work and more time needed. Maybe in a future feature patch, but we’ll probably only see a new feature patch next year.

Necromancer Greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d love to wield a greatsword on my necro. However if ANet is going to do this, they’re not going to do it for just one class which means more work and more time needed. Maybe in a future feature patch, but we’ll probably only see a new feature patch next year.

New weapons are Feature pack material anyway. I have no issues waiting until then.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver