No Anet word since last LS final chapter

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So, are we going to get some blogpost about something incoming or something like that?

Since the Aftermath release, we got no word about what is coming on (LS season 2?). While i Recognize your effort in “Feature patch”, i’ve find it horrible and poor (Most something detroying good game mechanics than implementing new good ones).

I as myself have been playing each day less, and I’m getting ever more less interest in the game.

The “Feature patch” had nothing to maintain us occupied, and now the lack of content is making more ppl go away. I’ve even completed 2 pvp tracks (Balthazar and arah), and now I’m bored.

So, something is coming on?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I remember back in the days when games got releases every third month or something at most.
For some reason everyone was okay with that, even though they paid every month for it.

It is rather unlikely that they will start Living Story Season 2 before the game is released in China, which should be sometime between middle of May and June.

We might very well have a blog post soonish, but as for the actual start I think we will have to wait some time.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Meanwhile in other Major MMOs people are visiting community websites everyday to read up on possible information on a patch that will come several months from now.

Guild Wars 2 people are simply spoiled.

in Living World

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Meanwhile in other Major MMOs people are visiting community websites everyday to read up on possible information on a patch that will come several months from now.

Or maybe when other MMOs release some thing. It is actually some thing substantial.

in Living World

Chase.8415

Or maybe when other MMOs release some thing. It is actually some thing substantial.

You mean like another raid tier where it erases all of your progress from the previous patch and you have to start the grind all over again?

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The Chinese launch is in mid/late May and the living story will be synchronized between the two regions. They’ll probably wait at least a month after launch to start again, since throwing new content at players just starting isn’t a good idea. 2-3 months in would be ideal.

I really can’t see them doing nothing for that long however. They’ll probably do one of the reoccurring events. It is almost time for the Bazaar.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You mean like another raid tier where it erases all of your progress from the previous patch and you have to start the grind all over again?

Some people enjoy raiding. And it beats the 20 minutes of fluff content released by ANet on a biweekly basis, which is quickly taken away.

Do you really want more LS, OP? Even though it’s so disappointing and banal?

in Living World

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Well, they used to give us content every month, and we’ve known for quite some time (easily since the Queen’s Jubilee era) that after this LS arch was over there would be a little down time, which was re-hashed by ANet themselves stating on multiple occasions that there will be no new content coming out of this patch.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Some people enjoy raiding. And it beats the 20 minutes of fluff content released by ANet on a biweekly basis, which is quickly taken away.

Isn’kitten bit ironic that you claim that those people are allowed to enjoy raiding but in the same post seems to imply that no one can enjoy the LS?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Dark Catalyst.1028

Isn’kitten bit ironic that you claim that those people are allowed to enjoy raiding but in the same post seems to imply that no one can enjoy the LS?

I just don’t see what there is to enjoy about LS? Wasn’t one of the LS story arcs like a 5 minute conversation between two characters?

in Living World

Chase.8415

I just don’t see what there is to enjoy about LS? Wasn’t one of the LS story arcs like a 5 minute conversation between two characters?

Typically it would take the average player about roughly 1 week to complete all of the living story content.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Just as how some people don’t see what there is to enjoy in raiding.
What is the difference?

Nope, the arcs are usually quite “meaty” and spans several releases.
There have of course been a couple of small releases, but they have contained quite a bit of very interesting and useful information, and other added stuff that was not specifically tied to Living Story.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I think you’re thinking of this patch. It’s more of an epilogue though than an arc.

As for the LS itself, in terms of content, I’d say it vastly improved from what it started out as.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

So, are we going to get some blogpost about something incoming or something like that?

Since the Aftermath release, we got no word about what is coming on (LS season 2?). While i Recognize your effort in “Feature patch”, i’ve find it horrible and poor (Most something detroying good game mechanics than implementing new good ones).

I as myself have been playing each day less, and I’m getting ever more less interest in the game.

The “Feature patch” had nothing to maintain us occupied, and now the lack of content is making more ppl go away. I’ve even completed 2 pvp tracks (Balthazar and arah), and now I’m bored.

How even dare you speak with ‘’had nothing to maintain us occupied’‘.
I don’t know who you think you are to speak for the players to be honest, I can’t take the rest of the thread seriously.

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

Well, when I used to play Ragnarok, or Perfect world, I used to wait for likely 3-4 months for a update, yes. BUT, I’ve always had a lot of oficial events betweens updates, and updates were Expansions. This means new areas, new skils, new monsters (Ah.. how I loved to kill some new monsters/bosses really, really harders).

Either way, I love this game. I’m just curious when and what we will get something new. Right atm, I have nothing left to do. (Yes, I’ve did everything I wish to do, like all exploration, a lot of wxw/pvp, every dungeons, 2 full ascended sets and enough for 2 legendarys).

Until something new comes out, I’ll be playing daily wars.

in Living World

Dark Catalyst.1028

How long to get through the LS once? People are saying a week to do all the content, but are you counting achievements as content?

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

No, he means like new dungeons, raids, instances, zones, etc. You know – content.

in Living World

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Hey, at least it would give me something to actually do. Better than nothing.

Again, at least it is something to do for 1-2days unlike this “feature” patch.

No, he means like new dungeons, raids, instances, zones, etc. You know – content.

This is what I would truly like to see though.

in Living World

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Meanwhile in other Major MMOs people are visiting community websites everyday to read up on possible information on a patch that will come *several months* from now.

So like the ascended gear threadmill but with actual content to go with?

Sounds great actually.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

Well, if we got some new content I think would be good. I did theTA aetherpath for likely 3 weeks in a row. (Because I was not doing it over a year, like every other dungeon).

But either way, not even a blogpost, or a anet word about is really disgusting. My guild “last time online” is becmoing ever more, and more larger timer without log in.

in Living World

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Its because they are working on something huge, so they dont have time for their customers. They will show us whats coming next in the next patch that is coming probably next week.

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

This patch wasn’t supposed to contain content, and Anet was forthcoming about that.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It was a feature patch.
Though many people seem to think feature patch and content patch are the same thing.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Maybe they’re tired of throwing out information only to have it analyzed over and over with the result being a billion complaint threads. And I say this with a smile because if you step way back and look at the whole picture, it’s pretty amusing. I mean, here’s a game over here, with a persistant world with lots of things to do. And over here, there’s a forum with people giving opinions and whatever on what the game should be. It’s a forum, so there’s a LOT of people ‘talking’ at once, and a lot of them are angry. Think of it as a crowded room full of screaming. Would you want to go in the room all that often? And if you did, wouldn’t you rather just slip in and listen without revealing yourself and taking the whole brunt of it all. You may not get out of there alive.

OK, silly analogy. Feedback is good, both positive and negative. The devs are likely thick skinned and the company will implement as much of the feedback as fits the model and as resources allow. I’m rambling. Carry on…

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’m kinda surprised that there is ZERO hype or teasers for season 2. They even said in a recent interview that they love it when the forums speculate over bits of hinted info and yet we have next to nothing.

Give us something to look forward to, at least, or there will be people losing interest and thinking about other games that do have info coming out.

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The main problem is that we have nothing left from that living story besides a few skins.

None of the content can be replayed/revisited (tower, scarlett battle, etc). It’s a very bad strategy commercially to remove the content you make like it’s of no importance.

It’s like their living world is based on “reality tv” without consideration that in a game content can be played multiple times.

SAB won a “expansion of the year” award and the only thing Anet could figure out was to remove it from the game for 6 months. The end result of bad management is typically a waste of potential and it’s exactly what we see here.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The main problem is that we have nothing left from that living story besides a few skins.

None of the content can be replayed/revisited (tower, scarlett battle, etc). It’s a very bad strategy commercially to remove the content you make like it’s of no importance.

Oh I don’t know.
I seems to recall a rather big city with loads of stuff in in close to Gendarren Fields before the living story…

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Zukini.1793

Zukini.1793

Chances are, we are going to be waiting a bit to hear anything of Season 2, BUT we may be seeing some other small updates that dont take much story writing coming out soon. (think SAB, or another random event like Zephyr Sanctum)

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

Oh, Sab would be cool enough for kill time while we wait. Either way, I’m most thinking they’ll wait lauch in China, and then make a LS patch 1 month after, AND hopefully, they make like the Lost shores update, to makes china players feels like the updates are worth it

in Living World

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

There will be no LS season 2 before the Game is released in China and most players there had a realistic chance to get to 80.

Everything else would be suicide on that market.
So do not expect LS2 before July/August.

I just think ANET uses the time to develop most parts of the living story till then and prepare:
A: some other permanent content like dungeons, HM and maps
B: Another feature pack + (PvE) AI/NPC revamp
C: High qualitiy, long living LS content
D: Cantha (Just dreaming here)

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

So do not expect LS2 before July/August.

2-3 months?! that would not be a good strategy. You don’t get people used to a 2 week content cycle then without warning delay everything for 2-3 months.

Its not like we have progression content to do, Unless you’re into pvp. But that’s all about re-doing old content.

you can tell by this post and others on the first page people are asking for more.

in Living World

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

It is also very possible that they will just delay the asian LS and run them on a different patch compared to EU. Similar to what usually happens when asian MMOs come to EU.
They are used to playing a certain way and as such, patchnotes for the “same” patch can have major differences between the regions.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

2-3 months?! that would not be a good strategy. You don’t get people used to a 2 week content cycle then without warning delay everything for 2-3 months.

Its not like we have progression content to do, Unless you’re into pvp. But that’s all about re-doing old content.

you can tell by this post and others on the first page people are asking for more.

Yeah, that would have a point. IF it was without warning.
They did however REPEATEDLY state that there would be breaks before the Feature Patch and after the Feature Patch.

It is also very possible that they will just delay the asian LS and run them on a different patch compared to EU. Similar to what usually happens when asian MMOs come to EU.
They are used to playing a certain way and as such, patchnotes for the “same” patch can have major differences between the regions.

No, they have made it rather clear that the games will be synced, and as such they can’t really delay the LS like that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I remember back in the days when games got releases every third month or something at most.
For some reason everyone was okay with that, even though they paid every month for it.

It is rather unlikely that they will start Living Story Season 2 before the game is released in China, which should be sometime between middle of May and June.

We might very well have a blog post soonish, but as for the actual start I think we will have to wait some time.

They have to repair lion’s arch. Or do you think they want the
chinese to visit the destroyed city?

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Why not?
It is part of the history of the world.
Just like the Dragonbrand for us when we started playing.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

My expectations for this game has dropped to an all-time low because ANet just never fails to disappoint.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Why not?
It is part of the history of the world.
Just like the Dragonbrand for us when we started playing.

Yeah of course you also watch the last 10 minutes of a movie before you start watching the second movie.
It’s just not right. The first living story hasn’t really ended.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Yeah of course you also watch the last 10 minutes of a movie before you start watching the second movie.
It’s just not right. The first living story hasn’t really ended.

That is a rather flawed analog.
A more fitting one would be to watch Star Wars Episode V before watching I-III.

The first living story ended with the destruction of Lion’s Arch, the death of Scarlet and the awakening of Mordremoth.
It is not really unusual for stories that are part of bigger ones to end that way.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Yeah, that would have a point. IF it was without warning.
They did however REPEATEDLY state that there would be breaks before the Feature Patch and after the Feature Patch.

I must of missed that email or ingame message they sent me about it. Where else did they ‘REPEATEDLY’ state this? Some random post in the forums perhaps? Could it been a random tweet?

Actually I had a look around and couldn’t find a thing about this announced break after the feature patch. There is only speculation about the start of the next living story and some people are saying 2-3 months. That’s a long time in GW2, not so long in other MMO’s but they normally have raids to do etc.

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I heard they just begun working on content just a day ago

Yea, it gonna be a long wait.

in Living World

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

While I totally appreciate the break ANet’s giving us (i.e. finally giving me the chance to get a life outside of GW2), the close to seven weeks of no new content if making me itch for more.

ANet, please give us more places to go pillage and destroy native wildlife soon! My ADHD addiction to exploring new content is acting up again! Ermergehrd!

in Living World

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

They are trying to decide which button (1 or 2) is the most engaging for players to spam to defeat the new dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’m hoping the silence is a good sign that maybe they really did learn the proper lessons from Living Story and are revamping the entire concept. I’d rather wait a few months and get real content, rather than have a repeat of the rather poor showing they made with Season One!

Even less likely, but more exciting, would be if they were close on a real expansion, the entire studio is working to finish it, and there won’t be a need for Season Two until several months after the expansion hits. If so, I just hope the expansion has nothing in common with Season One, as far as quality of content and story, but rather exceeds the quality of the excellent world content they delivered at launch.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I feel like there’s going to be some info about what’s coming up next week. On 1st of May China gets GW2. We might get news together with that release.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Well there a WvW league going on right now and if your “bored” with PvP then you must have everything in the game already. What’s it like? I mean really there is nothing in game you want to “work” towards? Ascended gear or legendary? I’m kinda glad of the alas brake. I can go finish map completion, do a few dungons, play a bit of WvW and try the new PvP set up. Or shock horror., do something else with my time. Summers coming and the wethers getting nicer. I’m looking forward to what LS2 holds. But the summer is coming and most people stop playing games as much as they did over the winter anyway. So with people leaving as you say. I just think they are going out enjoying the sun, and all the distractions that the sun brings with it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Anet even said that they’ll take a break after the battle for LA before starting season2 of living story…

in Living World

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

the only thing going on atm is the pvp tournament of legends- dont expect anything new with that going on.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

the only thing going on atm is the pvp tournament of legends- dont expect anything new with that going on.

And WvW Tournament.
And after the outrage last time when they added Living Story during said tournament (which made people leave WvW in order to do PvE) I doubt they would add new PvE stuff in the middle of that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I think it would be benificial to open SAB (without any new content) again. With the new wardrobe system the value of SAB skins has been upped.

So players who already did the content can find it worthwhile to play some more to get some of the skins whiwh they found in the past of very little value. Players who didn’t do all the content/achievements can complete what they haven’t finished in the past.

The instalation of SAB should be quite easy since it does not change much to the world, the only problem I see is the megaserver system.

I also think something that something similar can be done for zephyr sanctum (with the new patch celestial gear has been improved and can tempt people to try it out) though this one would require some more work(all election stuff has to be modified).

EverythingOP

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

what are you talking about, the game is doing great, people play more and more there’s so much left to do, i have so much left to do, equip my alts, get all my alts to 80, get all my ascended armors, get 5 legendaries, i mean there’s soooo muuuch to do, dude, what are you talking about maaaaaan

Are you Shpongled?